Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+14
Omega Ophion
The Brodie
Lux
Neji
Flash Dreyar
JC the shadow hunter
Anzo
DeathStalker
Jv
CrimsonOverlord
DanelerH
DMK
Kandy.JPEG
Linda-Senpai
18 posters

descriptionPokemon Go Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyPokemon Go Discussion Thread

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

It's here and servers finally seems stable guys :D I caught a good amount of Pokemon on my way to work yesterday. What level are you guys and how many/what pokemon do you have? Are you gonna get the Pokemon Go Plus?

Here are some useful links

https://pokeassistant.com/main/contribute?locale=en
^ best website I know of for calculating IVs and stuff like that, very simple to use.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hcFo7-UGWx1k1u1BHOvDhq8foPeRr7YbX2jLjjJK0Qw/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true
^spreadsheet that shows the best movesets for every Pokemon
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrtyNMe3xtv3CLg5QR78HzQ
^by far the highest quality Pokemon Go channel on youtube. No clickbait, no bullshit. Trainer Tips is with the business.

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionPokemon Go Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyRe: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
NightBot wrote:
Evolved two 600+ Eevees with 97.8% IVs and both turned into Jolteon. Why Helix god, why!  Pokemon Go Discussion Thread - Page 8 3047667789

...that's what you get for not doing the evolution trick .-. It works every time, I have 4 Vaporeon now.

I don't know if that works anymore.  A few days ago, I tried to evolve for a couple of Flareons.  I named both of them Pyro, but one of them evolved into a Vaporeon.  After evolving five Eevees named Pyro, I had two Flareons and three Vaporeons.

descriptionPokemon Go Discussion Thread - Page 8 EmptyRe: Pokemon Go Discussion Thread

more_horiz
I did try the Eevee trick, but I already knew it wouldn't work, since it was confirmed that it only works once for each evolution.

more_horiz
Since when is that confirmed? It has never failed me .-. you can't just name it then derp into evolving. You need to give the game time to process the information. Wait a minute or two after naming it then restart the game. It has never failed me and my Vaporeon army jut keeps getting bigger.

Vaporeon and Arcanine are both S tier Pokemon and I haz 4 Vaporeon and about 6 Arcanine and can evolve a 7th at any time...but only one of my Arcanine knows Fire Blast. The other two are Bite/Bulldoze .-. (Growlithe is quite common here)

more_horiz
I made sure to reboot my game and wait a few minutes, I also made sure none of my other pokemon were named "Rainer". And meanwhile, I can't even find 1 Growlithe.

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:
I made sure to reboot my game and wait a few minutes, I also made sure none of my other pokemon were named "Rainer". And meanwhile, I can't even find 1 Growlithe.

Well I live in Phoenix, the 2nd hottest place in North America (only Death Valley is hotter), so it only makes sense for me to find a lot of Fire Types (tho I still can't find Vulpix T_T) Everyone in town has an army of Arcanine.

more_horiz
After hatching about 30+ 2km eggs, I have literally only gotten; Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow. The 2km eggs are totally rigged.  Pokemon Go Discussion Thread - Page 8 576792747
5km & 10km are probably rigged as well though.

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:

I hatched a 800+ one from doing my daily walk Razz, but the only time i go outside is on my daily walk which is like 10 min so rip

and any events that niantic announced where the legendarys, mew(two) and ditto appears in?

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:
After hatching about 30+ 2km eggs, I have literally only gotten; Caterpie, Weedle, Pidgey, Rattata, and Spearow. The 2km eggs are totally rigged.  Pokemon Go Discussion Thread - Page 8 576792747
5km & 10km are probably rigged as well though.

2km are the best for me...I get Bulbasaur and Jigglypuff and Magikarp. http://www.pokemongodb.net/2016/07/egg-hatching-chart-2km-5km-10km.html

I got to lvl 23 without using a single lucky egg :D

more_horiz
That moment when you get .8kms on your eggs due to the GPS glitching out when you log-in.
#BestEggCheat

Also that moment when the egg pokemon only gives you 5 candies...
#CheapAss

more_horiz
According to Trainer Tips, Clefairy spawn when there's a full moon.

more_horiz
I just came back from PokeHunting.  My best catches were a Beedrill at 692 cp (nowhere close to decent, but still my best Beedrill), a male Nidoran at 59 cp (working on getting a Nidoking), and a Haunter at 824 cp (new Pokemon for me).

more_horiz
I as well went out PokeHunting today, I got myself a wonderful 608CP Exeggcute, that also had 91% IVs, which I evolved into my first Exeggutor, which is sitting at 1938CP currently now. I also got 7 Magikarps, which was very unexpected considering how rare they are for me and due to the fact that I wasn't near any water, I guess they just like asphalt.

more_horiz
found tauros in parking lot at amazon

more_horiz
I found a decent Dodrio in the parking lot at Wal-Mart a few days ago.  It only has 713 cp, but it has (I think) decent IVs at 84.4% and the best offensive moveset of Feint Attack and Drill Peck.

more_horiz
Has anyone else tried out the new IV feature in Pokemon Go? It seems to work, but I don't really know where the cut-away point is, guess I'll just have to wait for someone to figure it out.

more_horiz
I heard that the "wonderful" comment is about 90+%.

more_horiz
Just found this, I don't know if it's true or not. Though it appears to be true so far, since it has been spot-on with the pokemon that I've checked already.

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:
Has anyone else tried out the new IV feature in Pokemon Go? It seems to work, but I don't really know where the cut-away point is, guess I'll just have to wait for someone to figure it out.

I dont even know what you're talking about

more_horiz
Didn't you get the new update? It adds a "Appraise" option for when you click on a pokemon and go to the bottom right box.

more_horiz
Oh, im just now seeing it. I havent been playing much cuz work and novel writing.

more_horiz
The new buddy system sounds great, though inb4 you have to walk 10kms for a single candy. -.-

more_horiz
Now I'll be able to evolve Pokemon that I never find but hatched a single one from an egg

more_horiz
5 days later after Niantic announced it, I finally get the Buddy System update. >.>
So far it's ok, but having to walk 5kms for a single candy if your buddy pokemon is from a 10km eggs, is stupid. -.-
#RIPDreamsOfGettingADragonite
605kms to go...

Also, I sure as hell hope that the reason why Niantic is taking so long to give everybody the new tracking system, is because they're making a special one of us rural players who only have 1 Pokestop every 2miles, not every 10 feet like city players...

more_horiz
Buddy System is gonna be great for getting my Ivysaur to a Venusaur and Charmeleon to Charizard. I just gotta ride my bike like there's no tomorrow.

more_horiz
I'm going with the Squirtle I hatched today for a Blastoise.  I don't have a good Charmander or Bulbasaur yet.

more_horiz
I have a 90% Ivysaur

more_horiz
About a month and a half ago, I had a Dragonite nearby on my sightings list.  Unfortunately, I never found it.  I just received a text from my mom who just found one in the same location.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply