Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionU.A Discussion Thread EmptyU.A Discussion Thread

more_horiz

U.A Discussion Thread Maxresdefault

Introduction:

"U.A.", short for "Ultra Athletes", is one of two TCG exclusive archetypes to debut in Duelist Alliance, the other being the "Burning Abyss" archetype. Currently, the members are EARTH Warrior-Type monsters that resemble athletes wearing cybernetic armor.

Archtype Cards :

Cards to consider :

Playing Style

The "U.A." monsters have an effect that allows them to Special Summon themselves by returning a different "U.A." from the field to the hand. The Field Spell "U.A. Stadium" can search an "U.A." monster when another one is Normal Summoned and give a permanent ATK boost of 500 to your monsters when you Special Summon an "U.A." monster. Keep in mind that this boost happens only once a turn, independently on how many Special Summons you perform.

Weaknesses

U.A are vulnerable to effects that shut down on-hand effects, such as "Mind Drain", "Debunk", etc Aswell as cards that stop you from Speical Summoning such as ''Vanity's Emptiness'', '' Vanity's Fiend'' etc and because all "U.A" Monsters are Earth, the archetype is vulnerable to effects that specifically target single Attributes, such as that of "Vylon Disigma".

Deck Sample :

Last edited by Tequila on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionU.A Discussion Thread EmptyRe: U.A Discussion Thread

more_horiz
I literally hadn't heard of this deck until a few days ago.. These effects seem rather nifty, informative as always.

Good job U.A Discussion Thread 1968215193  

descriptionU.A Discussion Thread EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Cards to consider too:

(and similars)

U.A Discussion Thread 300px-MischiefoftheGnomes-SECE-EN-C-1EU.A Discussion Thread 300px-Transmodify-MP14-EN-ScR-1EU.A Discussion Thread 300px-CostDown-DPKB-EN-R-UE

more_horiz
Is blockbacker worth running?

more_horiz
Run 1 copy only if you want. it is situational but still can work if you manipulate his level to 5 somehow.

more_horiz
People dont seem to be interested in U.A for some crazy reason but there a good deck.
So to all of you who havnt tried these yet I recommend that you do Wink

more_horiz
U.A. is still cool with artifacts.

more_horiz
Anyone else try the TGU/Scarm engine? Mainly for Invoker

more_horiz
No I havnt, But Dayum! that looks like a cool little combo to pull off. Also Summoner Monk may be worth trying out also.

more_horiz
I was playing U.A.s at the last regional that I went(december) to counter yang zing BA and shaddolls but instead I had matches versus mermails,evilswarm(that was the guy won the regional lost 2-1 to him),racoons,gravekeepers and six sams(I was like wtf) so basicly I did really well losing only to mermails and evilswarms.The strenght of this deck in RL is that no one knew what the cards do and basicly if they don't take their time to read your cards you might just OTK them with slugger+jersey combo.I tried to build my U.A.s as consistent as possible because if you dont draw 2 cards that are playable together you might lose next turn because of the OTK potential of the decks nowdays or by the impossible to get over set up that some decks can do if you dont have anything to stop them.So for consistency I used 2 cardcar D's and 3xterraforming and 3xupstart goblin.Cardcar was really good allowing me to go first when I dont have a play drawing me enough cards to start to thin my deck and get my monsters/field out.Because I decided that I dont have space for traps i maindecked 2 royal decrees(you can use denkko sekka instead but I dont have him).Redox is a monster reborn and a level 8 synchro with veiler.The other tech cards that I used were spell striker(very good with 3 rotas) who can be a easy tribute when you dont have midfielder or xyz/synchro material with my other tech card genex ally birdman.Spellstriker banish a spell bounce with birdman banish a spell goyo guardian or x saber invoker who special summons midfielder from the deck and you can go on from there.Birdman can also bounce an UA with the jersey spell to return both to hand without banishing your U.A..Also birdman allows you to go for 7 8 and 10 level synchros.

With the new support I've seen people running 3 reasoning spells since you have a level 4 5 6 7 and 8 in your deck and its not easy for your opponent to predict which one you are going to excalvate.

Thats all for now hope someone actually gives a fuck about my post :D

more_horiz
Useing Malefic End Dragon also works in this deck considering you pretty much always want your field spell up and even though u cant attack with u.a's with it u can still end on perfect ace or blockbacker for the effects while buffing the malefic ive tried it out for a while and it works pretty well

more_horiz
everyone can use the cards he wants too. People for example play Giant Rat.

more_horiz
Another deck I recommend to people to try out if there looking for a new deck Wink

more_horiz
So has anyone been using U.A's recently?

more_horiz
until Crossed SOuls new support I think no

more_horiz
Roach wrote:

Yes.

more_horiz
ILIEKCHEESESTEAK wrote:
Roach wrote:

Yes.

Come on then share your thoughts on the archtype.
What do you like / dislike? What was you running in the Deck etc etc

more_horiz
Roach wrote:

Come on then share your thoughts on the archtype.
What do you like / dislike? What was you running in the Deck etc etc

I play 1 Hidden Armory, 1 Snatch Steal (obviously) and 3 Jersey.  I also play 3 ROTA, Bushi, and Midfielder.  It was a cheap IRL build, I'll probably get rid of Bushis but they do allow another RoTA target.

I do enjoy Armory, but Armory can prevent me from tribute summoning the turn I Snatch Steal.

As I mentioned, I'm probably going to change a lot later when I have enough money.

more_horiz
Hidden Armory also allows you to grab a powerd Jersey aswell which is nice and helps with the OTK's.

If money wasn't a option what would you change?

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
Hidden Armory also allows you to grab a powerd Jersey aswell which is nice and helps with the OTK's.
If money wasn't a option what would you change?

-2 Bushi, +2 Perfect Ace (I could only buy 1 at the time.)
I need Royal Decrees.

All I can think of for now.

more_horiz
I've been testing the deck out since the new support came out and love it! It does well against really all meta and its been consistent for me. Only thing I just threw together was the extra deck but the whole deck I've tested myself with multiple duels on DN and DevPro. Any thoughts or questions about my deck is welcomed! 

U.A Discussion Thread UIuQrW4

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply