Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionYosenju Discussion Thread EmptyYosenju Discussion Thread

more_horiz

Yosenju Discussion Thread DQlufok

Introduction

"Yosenju" is an archetype of WIND monsters used by Shingo Sawatari in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V anime. Combined with the fact that the other archetypes released in Tribe Force seem to be based off of previous Duel Terminal archetypes, "Yosenju" are hinted to pay homage to the tactics of the "Mist Valley" archetype.

The "Yosenju" monsters are all based off of elements of Japanese mythology and folklore — especially yōkai — with wind-based powers. Several of the members are based on the Kamaitachi. In folklore these were weasel-like creatures that rode on whirlwinds, looking to cut unsuspecting passers-by with sickles and nails."Yosenju Misak" is specifically based on a similar creature called the "Yama Misaki" – a demonic wind which takes on the shape of a human's severed head riding the air using fallen souls as a wheel.The Pendulum Monsters of the archetype lean more into the realm of Shinto symbolism than Folklore. "Shinchu R" and "Shinchu L" represent halves of a Torii Gate, which are used to mark a boundary between the realms of the profane and sacred with "Mayosenju Daibak" representing an enshrined Kami in a state of destructive anger. Interestingly, "Daibak" draws inspiration from both the "Kamaitachi" Yokai and the notion of "Divine Wind" or "Kamikaze".

Archtype Cards :

Cards To consider :

Playing style

The "Yosenju" monsters' primary strategy focus on swarming the field through sequenced Normal Summons; they also can perform Pendulum Summons. They share a Spirit-esque effect that causes them to return themselves to the hand at the end of the turn when Normal or Special Summoned, with the exceptions of "Yosenju Shinchu L" and "Yosenju Shinchu R"; these two last ones focus on protecting the on-Field "Yosenjus" from attacks or card effects as well as on setting up Pendulum Summons. The main strategy of the Archetype is to maintain Field control, by removing the opponent's card from the Field, such as with the effects of "Mayosenju Daibak", "Yosenju Kama 1", "Yosen Tornado" and "Yosenju Misak", while also searching for key cards in order to keep control of the game state, with the effects of "Yosenju Kama 3", "Yosen Training Grounds" and "Yosenju Oyamabiko".

Weakness

One of the main drawbacks of a "Yosenju" deck is its susceptibility of having a blank Field, since most of the time, the "Yosenju" monsters will return to the hand. This increases its vulnerability against beatdown Decks that are capable of swarming the Field and attacking with brute force."Summon Breaker" and "Summon Limit" can be useful against the successive Normal Summons; "Mistake" can stop "Fire Formation - Tenki", "Yosenju Kama 3", "Yosenju Oyamabiko" and "Yosen Training Grounds", but "Yosenju Kama 1" can easily bounce them, so these opposing cards may be only a temporary, situational threat. "Degenerate Circuit" can easily banish them when "Yosenju" monsters will return to the hand.This Deck usually has 3 copies of "Yosenju Kama 1", "2" and "3", so "Chain Destruction" may be useful as it can potentially sever the main arsenal of the Deck. "Skill Drain" is also a good solution, as it simply negates their effects, which means that no card will be searched by "Kama 3" and no card will return to the hand by "Daibak" and "Kama 1".

Deck Sample :

Last edited by Tequila on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionYosenju Discussion Thread EmptyRe: Yosenju Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Yosenju Anti meta!

descriptionYosenju Discussion Thread EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
The key to win with this deck is to run maximum flood gates to counter meta decks. Macros,d fissures,drains (except skill) all work great because this deck does not rely on the graveyard.Because they are wind other side deck cards like all the mirrors have zero effect on them also max c is useless against them since they will perform maximum one special summon per turn.Still saw them lose vs nekroz Sad

more_horiz
those cards fit more into the Ritual Beast Deck.

Yosenju true power is not Macro cosmos, the true stuff is Vanity Emptiness\Fiend and similars.

more_horiz
Macro is just one of many floodgates this deck can incorporate..

I'm starting to loathe this deck.

more_horiz
Ive spent a little bit of time playing around with this deck and this is what ive ended up with so far http://prntscr.com/6bpriv

more_horiz
The best tech card here is Creature Swap.

more_horiz
daibak is card to get rid off i have got top 100 with them so i know them, if u get daibak its a dead draw, R and L should be three each, mist valley is a good card to have it because of their ability to go back to hand its a good card to get R and out quick.
this is my deck i got top 100 with and has got there twice yosenju it does work

more_horiz
Yeah, Daibak is not worth running. 
You could use Unknown Synchron and 2 Kama brothers to synchro Mist Wurm to bounce 3 cards. That's a lot easier.

more_horiz
if you want to synchro probably the best card is genex ally birdman, that allows you for level 7s. But the best format of the deck is the rank four build with just beast wariors and shinchu L for protection and secret move(althought this deck only need extra deck in extreme situations). Daibak is used for the pendulum format, but without better searching cards its inferior for the moment. Shinchu R is an ok card but you should find more use with L than with it i recomend using it only if you want daibak. Also yosen temple is kind of slow so it shouldnt be used more than 1

more_horiz
Why is there no "Fiendish Chain" in cards to consider list?

more_horiz
How do i contact an admin? I would like to talk to one to retake a dormitory test(im back after years) and also maybe be in charge of this thread and a dragunity discussion thread, since i play both of thoses in real life

more_horiz
This doesn't work like you think it does.

First there is no dormitory test all new duelists start at slifer and battle their way to SoL. You can rank up by doing various stuff check out the rank-up thread hosted by Roach (gnar).

Second there is a mod that is responsible for this whole section of the forum and he is in charge of all the topics here.

more_horiz
Sorry if i offended anyone. I didnt meant to i just wanted to offer my help to improve the yosenju discussion and create if there is none a dragunity discussion thread, since those are my recent and life time passions respectively.

Now back to the YOSENJUS:

1- Anyone got ideas and maybe some side decks to show for the april 2015 banlist?

2- Just wanted to inform about lose a turn, the best support from the next set. The direct yosenju support is weak, but this card is strong. It is kind of new vanity and should be runned at 2 or 3 while you can.

more_horiz
I quit playing Yosenju. The Shinchu L + Secret Move combo wasn't my favor and surely not the Pendulum version. I was too focused on Anti-Meta (Banisher of the Radiance, D.D. Warrior Lady, Macro Cosmos) and wasn't enough satisfied after a while anymore. 
That's why i went back to an old deck, which i have played before (2013): Heraldic Beast. Thereby i've found again the fun in the game.

Back to your question; Side deck cards:
- Pulling the Rug is very stronk!
- D.D. Crow and/or The Transmigration Prophecy to keep the Graveyard clean.
- Puppet Plant is awesome!

Droll & Lock Bird would be good if you could discard it before Draw Phase! Razz

Lose A Turn isn't Vanity's Emptiness, it doesn't prevent your opponent from Special Summoning! The card is an advanced form of Memory Loss, which was never played.
I'm more interested on Jar of Avarice from CROS.

more_horiz
Which are the best sidedeck options for this format ?

Well the top decks at the moment are Nekroz,Shaddolls,Satellarknights and Burning Abyss.The other popular decks that you will encounter on DN are Masked Heros,Ritual Beasts,Fire Fist 3.5,Yosenjus and rogue stun decks that rely on traps or otks.

In my opinion these are the best cards that you can side against those:
1.Imperial Iron Wall - stops nekroz from using grave eff and valk,doesnt allow Masked Hero Law to banish your cards and stops completely the Ritual beast deck since it relies on banishing.
2.Mind Crush - if you are not main decking this trap mind crush is probably the best trap this format against the meta decks.Can stop all decks that search or add cards and interrupt ritual summons.
3.Effect veiler/breakthrough skill - good against nekroz since you can stop trishula or valk draw eff and so on.Great against firefists this card can cripple their plays if you use it on leopard or spirit.Stops yosenju plays and leaves them on the field.Helps against masked heros too to stop that acid heavy storm effect or just prevent them from getting mask change by using it on goblindbergh,summoner monk or elemental hero shadow mist.Stops satellarknight plays and can hurt shaddolls/star seraphs too.
4.Vanity's emptiness - if you arent maindecking this card you just should use it yosenjus do a lot of normal summons but dont really special summon unless you wanna go for chidori,cowboy or heartland draco.
5.Overworked - great against all decks that use fire formation tenki (ff,yos,bujins,glad beast lol).
6.Debunk - this card can stop veilers,gorz,battle faders,maxx c's,and all the nekroz discard effects.Can also stop graveyard effects like shaddolls and BA with a bonus - banishing them.
7.Shadow and Light imprisoning mirrors - shaddolls,BA,Sattellars,Seraphs and all kinds of light/dark decks are kinda stopped by this.
8.Spell shattering arrow/fairy wind - both are great against pendulum decks the 2nd is great against floodgates/decks that run cont spells like ff or yosenjus.

This should be enough for now.

more_horiz
For the nekroz matchup, should i take out macro and dimensional fissure and put imperial iron walls or should i keep using they?
Also you think yosenjus will get any decent support after crossed souls(or maybe some unrevealed cards in it)? Since the current support is very week. Maybe some xyz that lets you bounce cards and search yosen and yosenju cards and when its destroyed lets you add a yosenju for the grave to the hand.

more_horiz
The Yosenju archtype is a Pendulum archtype.It focuses on swarming the field with consecutive normal summons or pendulum summons.It was never intended to go to the extra deck with this deck although cards like lightning chidori,tiger king,castel,heartland draco and so on give the deck versatility.If you watched the arc-v anime the point of the deck was to swarm the field,get free searches from the training grounds and kama 3. You were supposed to search for Oyamabiko which would protect you on your turn.

That being said no one plays the deck the way it was invented to be played.All yosenju decks only play kama 1,2,3, yosenju tsujik and yosenju shinchu L (because you can play secret move while it is in the pendulum zone).The deck is strictly anti-meta and it wins only if your opponent cant otk you or stop your constant kama 1,2,3 spams.Its your choice whether to side in imperial iron walls against nekroz or keep the macro,dfissure.With macro and d fissure nekroz can use their discard effects,but will be banished so they might run out of resources.That being said they can remove the macro cosmos with a trishula play if you have a card in your graveyard while imperial iron wall can be only mst-ed or killed by something like diamond dire wolf/exciton knight.

more_horiz
For the Nekroz Matchup, use Macro and Debunk/Mind Drain/Soul Drain.

Yosenju won't get other support after CROS.
In the anime, Shingo (Silvio) is playing now his new archetype: Underworld Troupe. It's the last time that his Deck will change and he will continue to use this Deck.

more_horiz
I know about shingo deck change, i just wonder if someone will inherit the cards since the archtype looked so promissing. Do you guys think since shingo stopped using they, we are never going to see more support(even for the pendulum build)? I think maybe they could get more support, in the form of pendulums, synchros or xyzs if konami wants, since the archtype already has cards that werent in the anime(but if they get problably will be more pendulums).

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply