Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+15
Kangaroo-Jolty
ZeroPassion
username290
DMK
Shameless
ScottyAdams
niney16
Linda-Senpai
Omega Ophion
Lux
faervel
Debi
CrimsonOverlord
Drunkion
DanelerH
19 posters

descriptionDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 4 EmptyDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

DA Mini Mafia #2

What is Mini Mafia?

Spoiler :

Roles

PLEASE BE SURE TO READ OVER EVERY ROLE! THERE'S A TON OF NEW ROLES AND PLENTY OF ROLES ARE DIFFERENT HERE THAN IN WOLF MAFIA!

NOTE: THE MAYOR HAS BEEN NERFED DUE TO THE SIZE OF OUR GAMES! HIS/HER VOTES WILL NOW COUNT FOR TWO, NOT THREE! THE STUDENT HAS ALSO BEEN NERFED! IT MUST NOW CHOOSE A MENTOR TO WIN!

Town
Spoiler :

Mafia
Spoiler :

Evil Neutrals
Spoiler :

Benign Neutrals
Spoiler :

Order of Operations

This is the order night actions take place in

1. Jailor jails target
2. Night chats open up
3. Commuter leaves Town
4. Veteran goes on alert
5. Dancers block
6. Crier cries
7. Witch witches
8. Bus Driver/Kidnapper switch targets
9. Watcher/Stalker sets up
10. Survivor uses vest
11. Bodyguard guards
12. Spree Killer sets up
13. Jailor/Executioner executes
14. All other kills
15. Doctor saves
16. Framing
17. Auditor
18. Investigations (sheriff, executioner, watcher, etc.)
19. Cleaning
20. Gunsmith hands out gun
21. Coroner
22. Graverobbing
23. Thievery
24. Cult recruit
25. Mason recruit
26. Amnesiac chooses role
27. Student chooses mentor
28. Cult Suicides

BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF "Do I have enough time to actively post during the day phase, at least three times a day, and submit my night action ever night?" If the answer is no, you might want to sit this game out or sign up as a reserve.

1. DanelerH
2. Drunkion
3. CrimsonOverlord
4. Debi
5. faervel
6. hazmah
7. niney16
8. ScottyAdams
9. Shameless
10. DMK
11. ZeroPassion
12. Mr. Kandy
13. Kangaroo Jolty
14. Yami Moto #1
15. username290
16. Galaksii

Reserves:

I will take any number of sign ups with two as the bare minimum. Signups will end on 7/10/16

Prizes

Winners get 1500 DP.

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:22 am; edited 20 times in total

descriptionDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 4 EmptyRe: DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

more_horiz
Also as I explained earlier 99% of ppl are gonna claim citizen/Survivor cause why shouldn't they?
Now I gtg for a while but I really don't see the point of this anyway

more_horiz
agreed with faer, dont jump on conclusions too early

more_horiz
Drunkion wrote:
to be honest, dan already made himself lynched so many times it gets boring playing town with him xD, he always makes himself get killed

I've played three games so far.  In my first game, I was the Godfather.  In it, I did nothing to cause suspicion, but their lynch was correct.  In my second, I wasn't lynched, was part of Town, and we won.  My third game was last game, which I have stated multiple times as being an experiment and a precedence setter for not counter-claiming.  Where are you getting your statement from?

more_horiz
my bad lol i mistook you with ahmed, but last game you did made town lose :/, but yeah first time was ahmed not you

more_horiz
You could experience in another way dan, you know other than making town lose lol, but it's k. Anyway back to original topic, we need 2 more votes to end day, or we continue this rng i lynch you cuz you are mexican voting system

more_horiz
If no skip then we lynch

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
Lux wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
Think of it this way:  Qhy would Day 1 exist if it was useless?  Why not just start on Night 1, then?

Look you can think of it whatever you want to think.

Faer, there are 16 players in the game. Everyone can claim Citizen now. What's your point? 

Seriously, we aren't really discussing anything right now. On the other hand, Dan, you are playing DA mafia since first round (4 times already) and if I'm not mistaken you skipped day every single time. Why acting smarter now? 

Second game, actually, but still four rounds.  Last game, I asked what the point of skipping Day 1 was, so this isn't my first instance of wanting a Day 1 discussion.  As an actual answer to your question, it's because I'm still learning the game.  I want to try different things, even if others think it's the wrong way.  There's no harm in trying something for one game.  Maybe we'll find that it's a better way.  Even if it turns out to be wrong, we would still get first-hand experience on why it's wrong.

I really like your way of thinking(I mean...it did win me the game last game :3) but...we're not 1st people to play mafia and basically...I...uhh...all of us actually just don't want this: prntscr to happen

Ahhhh you took a pic of the game I hosted there. Yeah, unfortunately there were some bad plays in that game that led to the loss of power roles (especially seer). If you looked a little deeper into that, you'll notice the final day that town essentially lost due to a lack of gathering information in that sense, and because one player decided to troll the last day (Skol).

Seeing as this forum is newer to the game and that I do want to help with that, I want to touch up on a few things I saw and explain.

more_horiz
Ok then start the game. What is your lead for this day? Because i see none

more_horiz
Ahhhh you took a pic of the game I hosted there. Yeah, unfortunately there were some bad plays in that game that led to the loss of power roles (especially seer). If you looked a little deeper into that, you'll notice the final day that town essentially lost due to a lack of gathering information in that sense, and because one player decided to troll the last day (Skol).

Seeing as this forum is newer to the game and that I do want to help with that, I want to touch up on a few things I saw and explain.

So, Horatio Caine, who do you suspect to be the mafia? 

more_horiz
Lux wrote:

So, Horatio Caine, who do you suspect to be the mafia? 

Me

more_horiz
In as reserve

more_horiz
Ok youve had youre day one discussion and it hasnt actually come up with anything concreate to go by other than lynch dan for not wanting to skip or dont lynch dan cos he's done this before, ill rather see something happen first to then focus a bit more.

VOTE, SKIP DAY

more_horiz
If anyone else votes for a skipday then autoassume it's scum trying to withdraw day discussion.

I'm posting as fast as I can on why it's bad and trying to watch before it gets snipped since y'all aren't giving it a chance

more_horiz
I mean you can put it that way, but are 10 players all scum? Lol

more_horiz
Alright, first up, I'm number2 from DNF (I said that in the q&a thread), having experience for about a year and a half in forum mafia. Touching up on the discussion portion.

We know there are anti-town players roaming within the town who are trying to not be seen as suspicious or catch too many eyes of the town, so they have to lie and keep a story straight. As a mafia team, you don't want to tend to off your partner (unless coordinated for bussing, but that's a different subject) which may call for distancing from their partners to avoid actually pushing for their lynch. Likewise, anti-town members tend to want to be more subconscious and defensive from their lynch, since they can't afford it as much as town can (more town members but uninformed as opposed to mafia, the informed minority). Neutrals of course are a different case depending on what role, such as a Serial Killer, which are harder to find but the same aspect goes.

This is why a discussion is necessary, moreso one that involves reaction testing to check for town vs scum interactions. Will town act like they are leaning scum? Absolutely, no one is perfect town. Are there plays that town will do but not scum? Absolutely, we look for those. This is where we look for interactions with players and how they act, and how their logic is based (good? bad?). I'd love to tell you guys stuff to look for in posts and a general what seems scummy, what isn't, but:

1) I'd really love to link to other sites to help y'all, but the 7 day can't post link rule is a thing. I can tell y'all to google mafiascum for a general idea, though, especially the Game of Mafia article.
2) I don't want to say all potential scumtells in game or that defeats the point. While this may alert any scum on how to act now, I think it's more beneficial to town to at least get an idea.

Onto lynching, and "random lynching"

Yeah, no. A random lynch is just plopping votes up to ride them up for the sole purpose of doing the lynch. A lynch should be based more on how the player acts if they lean scum. The "evidence" is how a player acts, or if it comes down to it, night actions or counterclaims to roles. Anyone claiming it's random is not getting town points from me.

Finally, the claiming of Citizen already.

That is not aiding town in the slightest and only knocks off potential players who have power roles to scum. If you later claim to be a power role, then that's not good town practice to lie unless there's very good reason to lie as town. If everyone was forced to roleclaim for whatever reason randomly then that's a problem in itself.

So let me ask you guys, on what grounds, as a player who has played this game much longer and have learned through it, is what I'm saying, essentially terrible and laughable? On what grounds would you tell a professor who has exceptional knowledge in their field as opposed to someone who hardly knows it, wrong?

I understand the fact you guys are newer to this, but bear with me here.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
I mean you can put it that way, but are 10 players all scum? Lol

I think there are some scum in that heap of players, come on now. We haven't had every player post yet, either.

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
If anyone else votes for a skipday then autoassume it's scum trying to withdraw day discussion.

I'm posting as fast as I can on why it's bad and trying to watch before it gets snipped since y'all aren't giving it a chance

Hey buddy could you stop telling us what should we do and tell for a change why should we do that? You already posted reasonings but those are far from logic. There is 8 skipday votes already, so you better use your remaining time for good. 

Besides, if you come to play mafia on DA, at least try to play the way we are playing. Not telling us what we should do because we are not your dogs, for God's sake. 

more_horiz
My apologize, I haven't seen your last reply. I'll read it right now.

more_horiz
Can someone play for me first time, lol?

more_horiz
Alright first of all, I'd like to apologize for my bad behaviour and force my opinion. From my, obviously little bit more limited point of view in terms of mafia, I do not see point on doing the Day 1. I already have stated why thus I do not see why should I repeat it. 

ZP, as a more experienced player, who do you find suspicious so far? 

Discussion is needed, yes, but from where to start? 

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
Alright, first up, I'm number2 from DNF (I said that in the q&a thread), having experience for about a year and a half in forum mafia. Touching up on the discussion portion.

We know there are anti-town players roaming within the town who are trying to not be seen as suspicious or catch too many eyes of the town, so they have to lie and keep a story straight. As a mafia team, you don't want to tend to off your partner (unless coordinated for bussing, but that's a different subject) which may call for distancing from their partners to avoid actually pushing for their lynch. Likewise, anti-town members tend to want to be more subconscious and defensive from their lynch, since they can't afford it as much as town can (more town members but uninformed as opposed to mafia, the informed minority). Neutrals of course are a different case depending on what role, such as a Serial Killer, which are harder to find but the same aspect goes.

This is why a discussion is necessary, moreso one that involves reaction testing to check for town vs scum interactions. Will town act like they are leaning scum? Absolutely, no one is perfect town. Are there plays that town will do but not scum? Absolutely, we look for those. This is where we look for interactions with players and how they act, and how their logic is based (good? bad?). I'd love to tell you guys stuff to look for in posts and a general what seems scummy, what isn't, but:

1) I'd really love to link to other sites to help y'all, but the 7 day can't post link rule is a thing. I can tell y'all to google mafiascum for a general idea, though, especially the Game of Mafia article.
2) I don't want to say all potential scumtells in game or that defeats the point. While this may alert any scum on how to act now, I think it's more beneficial to town to at least get an idea.

Onto lynching, and "random lynching"

Yeah, no. A random lynch is just plopping votes up to ride them up for the sole purpose of doing the lynch. A lynch should be based more on how the player acts if they lean scum. The "evidence" is how a player acts, or if it comes down to it, night actions or counterclaims to roles. Anyone claiming it's random is not getting town points from me.

Finally, the claiming of Citizen already.

That is not aiding town in the slightest and only knocks off potential players who have power roles to scum. If you later claim to be a power role, then that's not good town practice to lie unless there's very good reason to lie as town. If everyone was forced to roleclaim for whatever reason randomly then that's a problem in itself.

So let me ask you guys, on what grounds, as a player who has played this game much longer and have learned through it, is what I'm saying, essentially terrible and laughable? On what grounds would you tell a professor who has exceptional knowledge in their field as opposed to someone who hardly knows it, wrong?

I understand the fact you guys are newer to this, but bear with me here.

What you are saying does make sense, but do you really expect any genuine reaction from anyone here at day 1? I may lack exp, but i do have logic to this. Lynch today and we risk killing a town and if that happens, welp good job you gave mafia a free kill in addition to their night kill as well. If the odds were higher of lynching a mafia player then i'd be all in for this, but let's just face it here, on day 1 a lynch is completely baseless.

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
faervel wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
Lux wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
Think of it this way:  Qhy would Day 1 exist if it was useless?  Why not just start on Night 1, then?

Look you can think of it whatever you want to think.

Faer, there are 16 players in the game. Everyone can claim Citizen now. What's your point? 

Seriously, we aren't really discussing anything right now. On the other hand, Dan, you are playing DA mafia since first round (4 times already) and if I'm not mistaken you skipped day every single time. Why acting smarter now? 

Second game, actually, but still four rounds.  Last game, I asked what the point of skipping Day 1 was, so this isn't my first instance of wanting a Day 1 discussion.  As an actual answer to your question, it's because I'm still learning the game.  I want to try different things, even if others think it's the wrong way.  There's no harm in trying something for one game.  Maybe we'll find that it's a better way.  Even if it turns out to be wrong, we would still get first-hand experience on why it's wrong.

I really like your way of thinking(I mean...it did win me the game last game :3) but...we're not 1st people to play mafia and basically...I...uhh...all of us actually just don't want this: prntscr to happen

Glad ya recognize it ^.^
k so 1st of all...just le'mme have a question from the ex-mafia for a start:
Do you guys know your partners in your 1st post or do you meet them night 1?

2nd yeah you did lose that game due to lack of information...but what causes a lose?town being less than mafia a.k.a LACK OF PEOPLE.We DO have a chance of getting information by saying "Oh look he didn't agree to vote X,that might've been cause he's his partner" but at...what cost?

3rd I honestly mean it when I say everyone says they are citizen cause again even power roles should do that day 1 from my view;I mean...you don't wanna tell mafia you are the doctor in the very 1st day now do you?

And whatelse was there...oh right!I too have played this game for a long time and again I don't find the day 1 lynch reasonable at all;I do find the discussion useful and if a lynch's needed afterwards due to something being so obvious then why not;but it's not always like that...and if it wasn't please reconsider lynching randomly just cause you feel like you have to.

Nooow let's see if it actually does something and take Dan's way of experimenting ^.^

/Unskipday...?

Crims!Even after saying he was reasonable with his reasoning( :3 ) you still insist on skipping day and still are vs the conversation!You of all people should know that discussing isn't the same thing as lynching but still trying to make it sound as it is;What say you in your defense?

more_horiz
@faervel I said he was right in theory, but not in practice. Is there anything wrong with that statement? You cannot deny that it's a 50% hit game on day 1

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
ZeroPassion wrote:
Lux wrote:
ZeroPassion wrote:
WE ARE UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES NOT SKIPPING DAY 1

Could you explain why not?

And suspecting players who want to skip day is very foolish and to say at least it's not professionally. Tell me who would run the risk revealing their role at Day 1? No one.  

> Not professionally

It's suspicious in my eyes, I'm not sure if linda put that in purposefully or what, but choosing that option to not get info from every player is anti town, and actually a great way to start a discussion. The only way someone should realistically reveal their role day 1 is if they are close to the lynch lock where a claim is more suitable after more hunting.

CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Lol nice try at randomly killing someone since day 1, yku have literally no info to start with.

/skipday

FoS

I haven't even voted anyone yet, and to assume it's going to be "random" is foolish.

DanelerH wrote:
I seem to recall that on the second game I played here, nobody died on Night 1, yet we still tried to lynch someone on Day 2.  What's the difference?

I'd say inexperience.

CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Literally progression. Guessing why nobody died night 1 etc. Whats your basis for lynching someone atm? I lynch you cuz i suspect you for posting? Lol

My basis for wanting a lynch (I don't know who I want lynched more as of yet, mind you) is that there are anti-town roles and have probably posted already.

Not posting actually leans toward scum. Posting a lot that is moreso anti-scum behavior should be leaning scum. Information and being informative is town leaning.

DanelerH wrote:

I'm actually liking you for town right now. I'd say day 1 is the most important day.

CrimsonOverlord wrote:
So ok then. You guys are the only 2 proposing not to skip. If you were mafia youd get 2 kills if we lynch someone today. That benefits you. Does this start the game of suspicion now?

This is under the assumption that we are going to random lynch still.

CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Ok then, but that is the only lead we have. It's also quite likely some other killer role will benefit from this. Aka going back to what i said. If we lynch someone today, we just give a free one off to killer roles. Now you can say it's 50% chance that we might hit a badguy, sure but it's literally gambling with no evidence of contradictions

Killing roles are going to benefit either way, moreso if they stayed silent.

faervel wrote:
Welp I am not exactly a fan of random discussions day 1 but...here goes nothing;
1st of all outta my stalking researches on DNF DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 4 230426779
I've realized that they apparently do that on DNF and sometimes even RNG vote which I don't get at all and Dan's already insisted on not skipping day 1 regardless of role
You on the other hand Crims should've known that so FoS towards you!

RNG votes are just for gauging a reaction, but are ineffective if they say it's RNG. Say if a bandwagon started on the player, then there would be more to go off of such as discussions on why to gauge the reaction.

DMK wrote:
Oh, shit. I was late to the party. Personally, I don't think skipping day 1 is too good. Less fun imo RNG is fun. But it's literally pointless to not vote skip because everyone else is going to. Saying not to skip just puts a target on your back here. Becareful. Razz

FoS

Why would you vote skip if you didn't want to?

Debi wrote:
You know what this discussion is pointless as we don't have evidence. If you want to discuss something Day 1 (Which is 100% pointless) we need to create evidence. Anybody who is willing to reveal their role should reveal their role. Otherwise it is pointless and we should skip.

I claim Citizen

I hate this post for the claiming part, but like the minor interaction from it.

Mr.Kandy wrote:
If Dan and co want something to happen on day one let's lynch Dan cause he wants it so much

Lynch a player who wants to lynch day 1 who is going against the norm. He must be bloodthirsty scum, eh?

more_horiz
I'm doing this page by page since I just found the multiquote feature and that rlly saves lives.

more_horiz
@ZeroPassion you said killer roles benefit either way if they stay silent. That's true but if you lynch today they benefit from it even more.

more_horiz
There is ALWAYS information to be found, even on what many are assuming is a "useless" day, like day 1. So, i personally, would not skip day just yet. Sure, the lynch might appear to be 'random', but there is always a method to the madness; always little clues that you can pick up, in order to deduce just who is town and who isn't. What may seem like a 50/50 shot, truly isn't, no matter how it appears.

more_horiz
I also /unskipday because I am curious to see now what does Day 1 have to offer. 

But I'm asking another question, do we really want to lynch anyone Day 1 if we aren't 100% sure they are town? Especially after we lynched Debi who was Citizen last time and lost the game. 

If we lynch the wrong person, we go with 1 less town into Night 1 what would be a huge deficit for us, town. 

more_horiz
 do we really want to lynch anyone Day 1 if we aren't 100% sure they are town? 

Sorry, a typo, I wanted to say "if we aren't 100% sure they aren't town?"

more_horiz
So what you are saying is, let's lynch someone on pick, then pray to god we hit a killer role, or watch as we cry if we hit doc or sheriff or any townie. Seems completely rational and logical mhm

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply