Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+15
Kangaroo-Jolty
ZeroPassion
username290
DMK
Shameless
ScottyAdams
niney16
Linda-Senpai
Omega Ophion
Lux
faervel
Debi
CrimsonOverlord
Drunkion
DanelerH
19 posters

descriptionDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 3 EmptyDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

DA Mini Mafia #2

What is Mini Mafia?

Spoiler :

Roles

PLEASE BE SURE TO READ OVER EVERY ROLE! THERE'S A TON OF NEW ROLES AND PLENTY OF ROLES ARE DIFFERENT HERE THAN IN WOLF MAFIA!

NOTE: THE MAYOR HAS BEEN NERFED DUE TO THE SIZE OF OUR GAMES! HIS/HER VOTES WILL NOW COUNT FOR TWO, NOT THREE! THE STUDENT HAS ALSO BEEN NERFED! IT MUST NOW CHOOSE A MENTOR TO WIN!

Town
Spoiler :

Mafia
Spoiler :

Evil Neutrals
Spoiler :

Benign Neutrals
Spoiler :

Order of Operations

This is the order night actions take place in

1. Jailor jails target
2. Night chats open up
3. Commuter leaves Town
4. Veteran goes on alert
5. Dancers block
6. Crier cries
7. Witch witches
8. Bus Driver/Kidnapper switch targets
9. Watcher/Stalker sets up
10. Survivor uses vest
11. Bodyguard guards
12. Spree Killer sets up
13. Jailor/Executioner executes
14. All other kills
15. Doctor saves
16. Framing
17. Auditor
18. Investigations (sheriff, executioner, watcher, etc.)
19. Cleaning
20. Gunsmith hands out gun
21. Coroner
22. Graverobbing
23. Thievery
24. Cult recruit
25. Mason recruit
26. Amnesiac chooses role
27. Student chooses mentor
28. Cult Suicides

BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF "Do I have enough time to actively post during the day phase, at least three times a day, and submit my night action ever night?" If the answer is no, you might want to sit this game out or sign up as a reserve.

1. DanelerH
2. Drunkion
3. CrimsonOverlord
4. Debi
5. faervel
6. hazmah
7. niney16
8. ScottyAdams
9. Shameless
10. DMK
11. ZeroPassion
12. Mr. Kandy
13. Kangaroo Jolty
14. Yami Moto #1
15. username290
16. Galaksii

Reserves:

I will take any number of sign ups with two as the bare minimum. Signups will end on 7/10/16

Prizes

Winners get 1500 DP.

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:22 am; edited 20 times in total

descriptionDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 3 EmptyRe: DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

more_horiz
oh excuse me, we are not skipping day 1

ty double posting

more_horiz
/skiperino DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 3 4204681869

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
WE ARE UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES NOT SKIPPING DAY 1

Could you explain why not?

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
ZeroPassion wrote:

Unfortunately I'm going to have to leave in a little bit and would make this a more informative post, HOWEVER, for sake of abbreviation:

- Skipping day is more beneficial to mafia / neutrals on the sheer basis of no information acquired during the day to lean toward a player being anti-town aka scummy - posts are indicative on this, and skipping day is NOT a good town mindset.
- The only known power roles town has are Doctor and Sheriff - relying on them only and hoping for a blind hit is not beneficial at all
- Not everyone has posted and skipping day already without them posting is generally not a good indicator of how active they are going to be.

Why do you think skipping day is more beneficial to town?

more_horiz
A huge HoS to the players who wanted a skipday.

HoS meaning hand of suspicion, meaning a generally scummy act that requires watching but not committing a vote aka lynch

I'd link to some mafia lingo but I can't do any linking as of yet. I'm surprised linda hasn't given y'all more information on the general game of mafia.

I understand the want for a playerbase who is newer to the game, but the only time a skipday would be useful is when a lynch is locked (personally day should end once a lynch majority is reached wo the use of skipday)

more_horiz
I swear to god if day is skipped before I return I'm gonna have a cow. e.e

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
Lux wrote:
ZeroPassion wrote:

Unfortunately I'm going to have to leave in a little bit and would make this a more informative post, HOWEVER, for sake of abbreviation:

- Skipping day is more beneficial to mafia / neutrals on the sheer basis of no information acquired during the day to lean toward a player being anti-town aka scummy - posts are indicative on this, and skipping day is NOT a good town mindset.
- The only known power roles town has are Doctor and Sheriff - relying on them only and hoping for a blind hit is not beneficial at all
- Not everyone has posted and skipping day already without them posting is generally not a good indicator of how active they are going to be.

Why do you think skipping day is more beneficial to town?

It's not what benefits just town, it's what benefits the whole game. And on Day 1, what benefits the game is skipping and moving forward because there's nothing to begin with. 

Look, all I can comment right now is that we have 10 towns, 3 mafia and 3 neutrals. Looking at the set-up, these mafia and neutral roles must have been powerful in that case. But do I know who could be Mafia/Neutral? No? Will I find out on Day 1? No I won't. That's why I think skipping Day 1 is the best option. 

And suspecting players who want to skip day is very foolish and to say at least it's not professionally. Tell me who would run the risk revealing their role at Day 1? No one.  

more_horiz
Lol nice try at randomly killing someone since day 1, yku have literally no info to start with.

/skipday

more_horiz
I seem to recall that on the second game I played here, nobody died on Night 1, yet we still tried to lynch someone on Day 2.  What's the difference?

more_horiz
Literally progression. Guessing why nobody died night 1 etc. Whats your basis for lynching someone atm? I lynch you cuz i suspect you for posting? Lol

more_horiz
Lux :

Uhh...Citizen here?
k jokes aside @ZP no matter how we look at it it'll end up as a random lynch day 1 and random information which are 50%+ lies unless someone just shouts they are mafia or something.At a setup this big I'd say even day 2's conversation might end up with no results either...
Also I prefer using FoS I mean...you point a finger...you don't point your hand...

more_horiz
So why not do the same thing on Day 1, then?  If I recall correctly, I was only under suspicion because I was trying to skip the day because we had no new information.

more_horiz
Think of it this way:  Qhy would Day 1 exist if it was useless?  Why not just start on Night 1, then?

more_horiz
So ok then. You guys are the only 2 proposing not to skip. If you were mafia youd get 2 kills if we lynch someone today. That benefits you. Does this start the game of suspicion now?

more_horiz
Sure.  ZeroPassion and I are currently the most suspicious.  Let's start there.

more_horiz
Ok then, but that is the only lead we have. It's also quite likely some other killer role will benefit from this. Aka going back to what i said. If we lynch someone today, we just give a free one off to killer roles. Now you can say it's 50% chance that we might hit a badguy, sure but it's literally gambling with no evidence of contradictions

more_horiz
Welp I am not exactly a fan of random discussions day 1 but...here goes nothing;
1st of all outta my stalking researches on DNF DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 3 230426779
I've realized that they apparently do that on DNF and sometimes even RNG vote which I don't get at all and Dan's already insisted on not skipping day 1 regardless of role
You on the other hand Crims should've known that so FoS towards you!

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
Welp I am not exactly a fan of random discussions day 1 but...here goes nothing;
1st of all outta my stalking researches on DNF DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 3 230426779
I've realized that they apparently do that on DNF and sometimes even RNG vote which I don't get at all and Dan's already insisted on not skipping day 1 regardless of role
You on the other hand Crims should've known that so FoS towards you!

I'm explaining as to why it's completely rng. Care to elaborate further?

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Think of it this way:  Qhy would Day 1 exist if it was useless?  Why not just start on Night 1, then?

Look you can think of it whatever you want to think.

Faer, there are 16 players in the game. Everyone can claim Citizen now. What's your point? 

Seriously, we aren't really discussing anything right now. On the other hand, Dan, you are playing DA mafia since first round (4 times already) and if I'm not mistaken you skipped day every single time. Why acting smarter now? 

more_horiz
To his defense he has been questioning this motive for 2 rounds now, so its not out of the blue for him, but it is meaningless

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

Faer, there are 16 players in the game. Everyone can claim Citizen now. What's your point? 

Seriously, we aren't really discussing anything right now. On the other hand, Dan, you are playing DA mafia since first round (4 times already) and if I'm not mistaken you skipped day every single time. Why acting smarter now? 

Yeah exactly my point I was just kidding Luxand SERIOUSLY we have so many games starting with a random lynch of a vanilla town cause you HAD TO lynch day 1...I don't see why you guys still do that there...

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

Second game, actually, but still four rounds.  Last game, I asked what the point of skipping Day 1 was, so this isn't my first instance of wanting a Day 1 discussion.  As an actual answer to your question, it's because I'm still learning the game.  I want to try different things, even if others think it's the wrong way.  There's no harm in trying something for one game.  Maybe we'll find that it's a better way.  Even if it turns out to be wrong, we would still get first-hand experience on why it's wrong.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Lux wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

Second game, actually, but still four rounds.  Last game, I asked what the point of skipping Day 1 was, so this isn't my first instance of wanting a Day 1 discussion.  As an actual answer to your question, it's because I'm still learning the game.  I want to try different things, even if others think it's the wrong way.  There's no harm in trying something for one game.  Maybe we'll find that it's a better way.  Even if it turns out to be wrong, we would still get first-hand experience on why it's wrong.

I got your point but you can't do something if there's nothing to begin with. Inspectors in CSI can't work without a crime. Neither can we. You can go ahead and random lynch someone you find suspicious (for example me because I apparently want so hard to skip Day 1), but if I show up as a town I'm not sure will that benefit Town more than skipping Day 1. Wink 

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Lux wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

I really like your way of thinking(I mean...it did win me the game last game :3) but...we're not 1st people to play mafia and basically...I...uhh...all of us actually just don't want this: http://prntscr.com/bp2c28 to happen

more_horiz
Oh, shit. I was late to the party. Personally, I don't think skipping day 1 is too good. Less fun imo RNG is fun. But it's literally pointless to not vote skip because everyone else is going to. Saying not to skip just puts a target on your back here. Becareful. Razz

more_horiz
You know what this discussion is pointless as we don't have evidence. If you want to discuss something Day 1 (Which is 100% pointless) we need to create evidence. Anybody who is willing to reveal their role should reveal their role. Otherwise it is pointless and we should skip.

I claim Citizen

more_horiz
LOL, Revealing on day 1? hell no im not trusting that also citizen its the easiest claim for a fake role, since we know for sure there are more than 1

more_horiz
Debi wrote:
You know what this discussion is pointless as we don't have evidence. If you want to discuss something Day 1 (Which is 100% pointless) we need to create evidence. Anybody who is willing to reveal their role should reveal their role. Otherwise it is pointless and we should skip.

I claim Citizen

Pretty much the ONLY way for this discussion to work and for the RNG vote to make sense is to have all town power roles to reveal themselves and then RNG the remaining people that didn't role reveal or choose someone between the counter claims soo....do you guys REALLY wanna do that? DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 3 576792747

And nope DMK we don't suspect people towards not wanting to skipday unless it's really unreasonable...which starting to feel like it is....

more_horiz
If Dan and co want something to happen on day one let's lynch Dan cause he wants it so much

more_horiz
to be honest, dan already made himself lynched so many times it gets boring playing town with him xD, he always makes himself get killed

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply