Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+15
Kangaroo-Jolty
ZeroPassion
username290
DMK
Shameless
ScottyAdams
niney16
Linda-Senpai
Omega Ophion
Lux
faervel
Debi
CrimsonOverlord
Drunkion
DanelerH
19 posters

descriptionDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 6 EmptyDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

DA Mini Mafia #2

What is Mini Mafia?

Spoiler :

Roles

PLEASE BE SURE TO READ OVER EVERY ROLE! THERE'S A TON OF NEW ROLES AND PLENTY OF ROLES ARE DIFFERENT HERE THAN IN WOLF MAFIA!

NOTE: THE MAYOR HAS BEEN NERFED DUE TO THE SIZE OF OUR GAMES! HIS/HER VOTES WILL NOW COUNT FOR TWO, NOT THREE! THE STUDENT HAS ALSO BEEN NERFED! IT MUST NOW CHOOSE A MENTOR TO WIN!

Town
Spoiler :

Mafia
Spoiler :

Evil Neutrals
Spoiler :

Benign Neutrals
Spoiler :

Order of Operations

This is the order night actions take place in

1. Jailor jails target
2. Night chats open up
3. Commuter leaves Town
4. Veteran goes on alert
5. Dancers block
6. Crier cries
7. Witch witches
8. Bus Driver/Kidnapper switch targets
9. Watcher/Stalker sets up
10. Survivor uses vest
11. Bodyguard guards
12. Spree Killer sets up
13. Jailor/Executioner executes
14. All other kills
15. Doctor saves
16. Framing
17. Auditor
18. Investigations (sheriff, executioner, watcher, etc.)
19. Cleaning
20. Gunsmith hands out gun
21. Coroner
22. Graverobbing
23. Thievery
24. Cult recruit
25. Mason recruit
26. Amnesiac chooses role
27. Student chooses mentor
28. Cult Suicides

BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF "Do I have enough time to actively post during the day phase, at least three times a day, and submit my night action ever night?" If the answer is no, you might want to sit this game out or sign up as a reserve.

1. DanelerH
2. Drunkion
3. CrimsonOverlord
4. Debi
5. faervel
6. hazmah
7. niney16
8. ScottyAdams
9. Shameless
10. DMK
11. ZeroPassion
12. Mr. Kandy
13. Kangaroo Jolty
14. Yami Moto #1
15. username290
16. Galaksii

Reserves:

I will take any number of sign ups with two as the bare minimum. Signups will end on 7/10/16

Prizes

Winners get 1500 DP.

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:22 am; edited 20 times in total

descriptionDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 6 EmptyRe: DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
Is anybody else really suspicious of Crimson right now?  Xe's either not paying attention and misreading everything or xe's just trying to prevent Town from having a discussion (which would most likely mean that xe's Mafia).

Trying my hardest not to be rude here, but do you read? Read anything ive said up to now and please tell me how im wrong.

I have been reading and from the looks of it, you've misread or misunderstood almost everything that has been said.

As i said, would you be so kind to shed light into my misconceptions?

Unfortunately, that will take a while to explain.  Because I'm at work, I can't spend a large chunk of time explaining.  Give me 3 1/2 hours and I can explain then.  Until then, I will only be able to give the occasional small post.

Soo..considering I have a lil' bit of time and I guess I know what you meant I'mma do it...please tell me if it wasn't what you meant but here's a list of what you've been missing in posts Crims:

ZP wrote:
If anyone else votes for a skipday then autoassume it's scum trying to withdraw day discussion.

Crims wrote:
I mean you can put it that way, but are 10 players all scum? Lol

ZP wrote:
and although scum could claim those roles, they are better off claiming Citizen rn.

Crims wrote:
It was literally you who said citizens role claiming now just risk of getting lynched for no reason. Are you trying to lure them in?

He's just saying the chances for them and the fact that having 5citizens makes it an easier role for them to claim WHEN CORNERED but asked everyone not to randomly reveal as citizens outta the blue at day 1.

And finally what you keep saying:

Crims wrote:
I'm not trying to stop the talking here. I'm trying to express my own belief that lynching day 1 is bad.

No one has said ANYTHING about lynching yet so why do you keep saying that!?

...was these what you meant Dan?
None of these is enough to be vs you Crims as they can all be mistakes but these are to be honest hard to miss so it does indeed make you suspicious DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 6 576792747

more_horiz
Uhm @faer, dan and zero are saying do not skip day.If that doesn't imply lynching someone, idk what does

more_horiz
Yes, Faervel.  That's what I meant.  Thank you.

Crimson, "don't skip day" is not the same thing as "lynch someone".  It's more accurate to say that it means "have a discussion instead of skipping the day, then lynch if we come to a conclusion.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Yes, Faervel.  That's what I meant.  Thank you.

Crimson, "don't skip day" is not the same thing as "lynch someone".  It's more accurate to say that it means "have a discussion instead of skipping the day, then lynch if we come to a conclusion.

Ok so we've been talking for quite a while now. What info did you get? I personally saw no pressure being put on anyone, thus no reaction and everything was basically pointless?

more_horiz
It's not always about putting pressure on someone, in order to get the information that you seek. Sometimes, observations and musings are just as effective as interrogation in order to achieve your goals. Assessing mannerisms; how people react in various situations, rather than simply honing in on a target and trying to extract a confession from them off the bat. 

Nobody has stated "we need to lynch somebody day 1", but rather "it is more beneficial for us to discuss things; talk everything over and see where we can get". It's all about giving us the best chance, to determine just where one stands; whether or not they should have eyes cast upon them, or if they are merely benign.

more_horiz
Vote: Crimson

Well, look who decided to put the first vote!

I don't see Crimson as town. His posts do nothing much but devolve the subject further into the boohoo we will lose a townie if we even lay a vote on someone day 1 and demeans it to just pure pick an unlucky soul and then goodbye, when I've explained that in my main discussion post that that is terrible town play to choose to random lynch like that - it's silly and that'd cause for a better discussion on who is scum. Scotty has explained the logistics of the lynching a bit better than I have as well.

Also, I'm not really liking how he talks about him acting as a killer role:
- He has played as scum already on this site and stayed with the flow for that first night. (1st game on here)
- Throws indirect shade on those suggesting a lynch (although it has been more from the "discussion" in the earlier stages, players have talked about the lynching more recently)
- Assumes we are not calmly analyzing everything (I'm just waiting to see what he says when votes fly around)

more_horiz
Jesus, we actually are lynching first day? This is just stupid tbh. There's no use for killing first day just wait for second day. 

If we do actually some reason lynch him and he's innocent we should take Zero's head on day two. Just as you know, an eye for an eye

more_horiz
/lynch crim

I do not think this is a good idea, but yolo lets make the game "funnier" i mean if zero is wrong this will be hilarious

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
Vote: Crimson

Well, look who decided to put the first vote!

I don't see Crimson as town. His posts do nothing much but devolve the subject further into the boohoo we will lose a townie if we even lay a vote on someone day 1 and demeans it to just pure pick an unlucky soul and then goodbye, when I've explained that in my main discussion post that that is terrible town play to choose to random lynch like that - it's silly and that'd cause for a better discussion on who is scum. Scotty has explained the logistics of the lynching a bit better than I have as well.

- He has played as scum already on this site and stayed with the flow for that first night. (1st game on here)
- Throws indirect shade on those suggesting a lynch (although it has been more from the "discussion" in the earlier stages, players have talked about the lynching more recently)
- Assumes we are not calmly analyzing everything (I'm just waiting to see what he says when votes fly around)

My 1st game was terrible, it was my first game lol. Anyway not really no. In fact you proved my point that you want to lynch someone tonight. For hours on end i've just said lynching someone tonight is stupid, which i still think so. If others agree to lynch me for expressing merely an opinion as to why lynching day 1 is stupid, then so be it really. I honestly have nothing to say because it's day 1 lol

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
Jesus, we actually are lynching first day? This is just stupid tbh. There's no use for killing first day just wait for second day. 

If we do actually some reason lynch him and he's innocent we should take Zero's head on day two. Just as you know, an eye for an eye

Are you actualy going to explain WHY it is stupid, or are you just gonna leave it at that and not explain and act like you know better?

The whole eye for an eye thing is flawed and just scares town into not doing anything of for the better in fear of the lynch. "Oh no, he led a townie to a lynch! We must lynch him, too, because he must be scum!"

more_horiz
VOTE: CRIMSON

ZeroPassion wrote:

Piggybacking off this, Crimson hasn't done anything productive.
As Dan has pointed out, he has endlessly misinterpreted information. As such, all replies he has made has done nothing but poison the well--filling it with absolutely nothing but argumentative "opinionated" statements.

Now, I like to believe that no one is ever that continuously stupid. So this kind of behavior usually means one of two things:
   1) Crimson is part of the Mafia, and he's doing this deliberately to cast as much doubt as possible.
   2) Crimson is absolutely crap at communication, and if (a very strong if, mind you) he was a Townie, he'd drag the rest of the Town down with him with his inability to communicate information effectively

Lynch him. It's win-win either way.

more_horiz
Shameless and zero is the mafia gang imo trying to lead a bandwaggon on lynching me. If you have the patience on reading everything up to now, ive only literally just said to not lynch anyone today. If i was mafia id just go along with everything and also vote on lynching someone. As for me not being productive, other than you calling others and myself included stupid and acting like an elitist, you haven't done anything either, but ok let us take your word for it because why not.

more_horiz
ScottyAdams wrote:
I am not saying that at all. What I am saying is: One can always pick up information as to who is what on Day 1. You just have to find the hints and deduct them in your own way. Think of day 1 as being an 'induction' of sorts: where you get to know the other players better; see where they fit into the grand scheme of things. Are they town, or are they mafia? Or are they neutral? 

Lux: One can never be sure that someone is 100% of anything, until they die to be honest (or you are in a chat with them, from a more personal perspective). Sure, they can 'claim' that particular role, but who's to know if they are being legitimate or if they are just trying to pull you along, be a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' so to speak. Last game was a prime example of that. We can have our 'feelings' and 'gut instincts', but they are never 100% correct.

FAIR REMINDER: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EDIT POSTS. I'M SURE IT WAS JUST A SLIGHT GRAMMAR ERROR OR SOMETHING, AND THIS IS YOUR FIRST GAME, SO THIS IS JUST A SIMPLE REMINDER.

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
Mr.Kandy wrote:

Are you actualy going to explain WHY it is stupid, or are you just gonna leave it at that and not explain and act like you know better?

The whole eye for an eye thing is flawed and just scares town into not doing anything of for the better in fear of the lynch. "Oh no, he led a townie to a lynch! We must lynch him, too, because he must be scum!"

The only reason people actually wanna lynch is for funsies and cause they can no real reason behind it making it idiotic. If you can see why it's stupid I don't think it's worth explaining to you. 

And I'm not saying it for every round but you accusations are just kinda stupid.
- Your first bullet is reasonable 
- Throwing shade at a first day lynch? No way! Cause it's just so smart to lynch first day for shits and giggles!
- Most people are half brained here mate people most likely are going to miss most stuff happening here

Oh man Crim take one for the team? Cause maybe just 50/50 he might be mafia, so let's see if he is!
Im all about to make thing interesting but at least lynch someone not contributing

more_horiz
Okay, so from the arrguments of how we shouldn't lynch anyone in Day#1, We're getting Crim out...

more_horiz
How far are you willing to go for that alibi Crims?

And anyway FoS towards Shameless for following the vote so damn easily;Killing Crim is useful if he's a town?
Please what have YOU done if he's not doing anything? DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 6 576792747

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
ScottyAdams wrote:
I am not saying that at all. What I am saying is: One can always pick up information as to who is what on Day 1. You just have to find the hints and deduct them in your own way. Think of day 1 as being an 'induction' of sorts: where you get to know the other players better; see where they fit into the grand scheme of things. Are they town, or are they mafia? Or are they neutral? 

Lux: One can never be sure that someone is 100% of anything, until they die to be honest (or you are in a chat with them, from a more personal perspective). Sure, they can 'claim' that particular role, but who's to know if they are being legitimate or if they are just trying to pull you along, be a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' so to speak. Last game was a prime example of that. We can have our 'feelings' and 'gut instincts', but they are never 100% correct.

FAIR REMINDER: YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EDIT POSTS. I'M SURE IT WAS JUST A SLIGHT GRAMMAR ERROR OR SOMETHING, AND THIS IS YOUR FIRST GAME, SO THIS IS JUST A SIMPLE REMINDER.

Faer informed me of this, thanks. All good, was an error on my end.

more_horiz
Shameless wrote:
Christ... My mind went numb reading this god awful drivel. I get that ya'll may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but are you really stupid enough to say that he's mafia? If he was mafia, he would have voted to skip already.
Goddamn. I'm already ready to vote skip so I don't have to continue reading this vapid, meaningless, conversation.

I know it's you Shameless, but still, a little bit more respective and kindly behaviour won't hurt you nor anyone else. Otherwise you gonna be treated the same way.

Dan wrote:
Is anybody else really suspicious of Crimson right now?  Xe's either not paying attention and misreading everything or xe's just trying to prevent Town from having a discussion (which would most likely mean that xe's Mafia).

I am not. Crims has been one of the best players in mafia so far on DA. He wouldn't be this dumb. I think these two parts miss-understood each other. We could apply your logic and say that you could be also suspicious because you want to shift attention to someone else...(please don't kill me if I change my mind later, as I'm going post by post).

Faer wrote:
Noow..back to the point...you are STILL missing the point...lynchin' ain't the same thing as talkin'...
Imagine talking someone to the street,you aren't giving them a gun and playing russian roulette,you are just talking DAMMIT!

He's right you know. Let's talk like a people, at this point no one lynched you yet Crims.

Crims wrote:
Uhm @faer, dan and zero are saying do not skip day.If that doesn't imply lynching someone, idk what does

Crims, I understand your point and I was thinking the same way. But it's not really lynching. Lynching is not necessary, yet. But we can discuss. That way, even if we don't lynch anyone as we would if we just skipday, we would still know where each other stands and we'd be little bit more smarter on Day 2. That's just my point of view.

Crims wrote:
My 1st game was terrible, it was my first game lol.

That's also correct. I also made some amateur mistakes on my first game. 

ZP wrote:

I agree. Please care to elaborate.

Okay after I readed everything (there is probably some new posts this far), and please do not kill me if I forgot something, I still herebly ask people to re-think this whole situation once again.

You have some valid reasons for lynching Crims but this all "discussion" came because these two sides shared different opinions and holded off to them. I am asking you to think once more before you lynch someone, because they had a different opinion and the beginning. 

Please, be a little bit wiser than that. When does Day 1 finish by the way? 

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Shameless and zero is the mafia gang imo trying to lead a bandwaggon on lynching me. If you have the patience on reading everything up to now, ive only literally just said to not lynch anyone today. If i was mafia id just go along with everything and also vote on lynching someone. As for me not being productive, other than you calling others and myself included stupid and acting like an elitist, you haven't done anything either, but ok let us take your word for it because why not.

Yes, I am mafia because:

- I persuaded everyone to not skip day, in fact, a playerbase who doesn't even know me, just for the sake of not wanting to find info and advance the game. Lynching day 1 statistically is better, and I'd link that but ofc the can't link since less than a 7 day account and the article I'd tell you to look is on a site that's down rn.
- I'm putting /this/ much attention to myself. It's how I play anyway, although maybe not with every role.
- You assume I can't take my vote off or I'm not seeing how the rest of the playerbase responds to this.

more_horiz
You stated your opinion based on facts, i also stated my opinion based on what i personally saw. I didn't vote you either, i just gave a food for thought. You being unknown to the community doesn't really matter, as we don't automatically believe the most known people here (it's just a game and we are all equal). You can do whatever you wish with your vote lol.

more_horiz
DAY 1 IS OVER ON 7/8/16 AT MIDNIGHT OR ONCE SKIPPED

more_horiz
welp getting ignored again...and that's loooots of time Linda DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 6 3974120512

Crims how much are you sure you aren't mafia though?

more_horiz
I hate how my post has been just ignored >.< 

more_horiz
How much can we be sure that ANYONE isn't mafia, faer? That is the question that requires answering before we can move forward. Because making claims is merely talk, unless you can substantiate those claims. I'm withholding my vote for the time being, due to needing to further assess the circumstances and each party on their own merit.

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
welp getting ignored again...and that's loooots of time Linda DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 6 3974120512

even if say yes how much would that prove? But yes i claim to not be mafia

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
I hate how my post has been just ignored >.< 

I read your post lux and the part where you supported me was heartwarming ;-; thank you ^^

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
faervel wrote:

OMG I TOTALLY BELIEVE YOU NOW CRIM

/UNLYNCH CRIM

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
faervel wrote:

Right now, this doesn't mean anything though as we're still on the same thing

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Shameless wrote:
Christ... My mind went numb reading this god awful drivel. I get that ya'll may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but are you really stupid enough to say that he's mafia? If he was mafia, he would have voted to skip already.
Goddamn. I'm already ready to vote skip so I don't have to continue reading this vapid, meaningless, conversation.

I know it's you Shameless, but still, a little bit more respective and kindly behaviour won't hurt you nor anyone else. Otherwise you gonna be treated the same way.

Dan wrote:

I am not. Crims has been one of the best players in mafia so far on DA. He wouldn't be this dumb. I think these two parts miss-understood each other. We could apply your logic and say that you could be also suspicious because you want to shift attention to someone else...(please don't kill me if I change my mind later, as I'm going post by post).

Faer wrote:
Noow..back to the point...you are STILL missing the point...lynchin' ain't the same thing as talkin'...
Imagine talking someone to the street,you aren't giving them a gun and playing russian roulette,you are just talking DAMMIT!

He's right you know. Let's talk like a people, at this point no one lynched you yet Crims.

Crims wrote:

Crims, I understand your point and I was thinking the same way. But it's not really lynching. Lynching is not necessary, yet. But we can discuss. That way, even if we don't lynch anyone as we would if we just skipday, we would still know where each other stands and we'd be little bit more smarter on Day 2. That's just my point of view.

Crims wrote:
My 1st game was terrible, it was my first game lol.

That's also correct. I also made some amateur mistakes on my first game. 

ZP wrote:

I agree. Please care to elaborate.

Okay after I readed everything (there is probably some new posts this far), and please do not kill me if I forgot something, I still herebly ask people to re-think this whole situation once again.

You have some valid reasons for lynching Crims but this all "discussion" came because these two sides shared different opinions and holded off to them. I am asking you to think once more before you lynch someone, because they had a different opinion and the beginning. 

Please, be a little bit wiser than that. When does Day 1 finish by the way? 

I'm not voting based off the difference in opinion. I'm voting him based on HOW he makes himself appear from it. And I'm being smart w/ my vote.

And the next person to vote on this because of "funsies" and "interesting" is gonna get voted instead: I'm trying to watch their reactions on how the vote was placed on them.

@Linda-Senpai

What timezone are you in?
If a player has NOT reached a majority of votes to lock the lynch, but have the most votes by the end of the day phase, will they still be lynched?

more_horiz
Unless a lynch is locked, a player cannot get lynched @ZeroPassion

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply