Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+15
Kangaroo-Jolty
ZeroPassion
username290
DMK
Shameless
ScottyAdams
niney16
Linda-Senpai
Omega Ophion
Lux
faervel
Debi
CrimsonOverlord
Drunkion
DanelerH
19 posters

descriptionDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 5 EmptyDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

DA Mini Mafia #2

What is Mini Mafia?

Spoiler :

Roles

PLEASE BE SURE TO READ OVER EVERY ROLE! THERE'S A TON OF NEW ROLES AND PLENTY OF ROLES ARE DIFFERENT HERE THAN IN WOLF MAFIA!

NOTE: THE MAYOR HAS BEEN NERFED DUE TO THE SIZE OF OUR GAMES! HIS/HER VOTES WILL NOW COUNT FOR TWO, NOT THREE! THE STUDENT HAS ALSO BEEN NERFED! IT MUST NOW CHOOSE A MENTOR TO WIN!

Town
Spoiler :

Mafia
Spoiler :

Evil Neutrals
Spoiler :

Benign Neutrals
Spoiler :

Order of Operations

This is the order night actions take place in

1. Jailor jails target
2. Night chats open up
3. Commuter leaves Town
4. Veteran goes on alert
5. Dancers block
6. Crier cries
7. Witch witches
8. Bus Driver/Kidnapper switch targets
9. Watcher/Stalker sets up
10. Survivor uses vest
11. Bodyguard guards
12. Spree Killer sets up
13. Jailor/Executioner executes
14. All other kills
15. Doctor saves
16. Framing
17. Auditor
18. Investigations (sheriff, executioner, watcher, etc.)
19. Cleaning
20. Gunsmith hands out gun
21. Coroner
22. Graverobbing
23. Thievery
24. Cult recruit
25. Mason recruit
26. Amnesiac chooses role
27. Student chooses mentor
28. Cult Suicides

BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF "Do I have enough time to actively post during the day phase, at least three times a day, and submit my night action ever night?" If the answer is no, you might want to sit this game out or sign up as a reserve.

1. DanelerH
2. Drunkion
3. CrimsonOverlord
4. Debi
5. faervel
6. hazmah
7. niney16
8. ScottyAdams
9. Shameless
10. DMK
11. ZeroPassion
12. Mr. Kandy
13. Kangaroo Jolty
14. Yami Moto #1
15. username290
16. Galaksii

Reserves:

I will take any number of sign ups with two as the bare minimum. Signups will end on 7/10/16

Prizes

Winners get 1500 DP.

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:22 am; edited 20 times in total

descriptionDA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 5 EmptyRe: DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1)

more_horiz
k guys no one has yet answered my question about knowing your partners in your pm or not...
Come on Ex-mafias DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 5 576792747

And hmm...ZP you already said that people should bear with you causing you to get attention on your side and making yourself a primary target for mafia;Couuuuld be a bad power role play but not in your case;Town?Maybe but I feel like you think your information is needed for making town progress if you were town..and I doubt if you are fully commiting to entrust your life to Doc...A role that KNOWS he survives the night cause there ain't no more killer roles than him(like...idk...mafia?)Maaaaaaaybe? ^.^

FOS towards @ZeroPassion

more_horiz
You still havent prove anything i mean you just revealed the way you think, this makes me lean to scrum this leans me to anti.scum, so basically your scum would behave like antiscum, i mean dan could be mafia and just agreeing with you to get your confidence, you cant just have an algorythim to determine wether people are or are not mafia, also you are playing like you are most definetely town, and to be honest it just makes me more suspicious, i agree you can get info on day 1, but lynching someone is just a bad chance at least that's how i see it

more_horiz
pretty sure you get to know the other mafiosos in night chat faer

more_horiz
All mafia members know who their partners are upon the game starting @faervel

more_horiz
Zero trust me I only accuse people to get lynched cause Im a troll

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
Also as I explained earlier 99% of ppl are gonna claim citizen/Survivor cause why shouldn't they?
Now I gtg for a while but I really don't see the point of this anyway

They claim Citizen, get lynched due to poor WiFoM (Whine in front of me - circular reasoning on how people want you to think of how they are or what plays they would do)

Lux wrote:
Alright first of all, I'd like to apologize for my bad behaviour and force my opinion. From my, obviously little bit more limited point of view in terms of mafia, I do not see point on doing the Day 1. I already have stated why thus I do not see why should I repeat it. 

ZP, as a more experienced player, who do you find suspicious so far? 

Discussion is needed, yes, but from where to start? 

On an out of game personal level, I appreciate your apology (calling me Horatio Caine e_e)

I'll gather my suspicions when I finish my posting.

I'm more explainy here because I would like to believe everyone here is reasonable: treat others with respect, and they'll treat you with respect.

CrimsonOverlord wrote:

What you are saying does make sense, but do you really expect any genuine reaction from anyone here at day 1? I may lack exp, but i do have logic to this. Lynch today and we risk killing a town and if that happens, welp good job you gave mafia a free kill in addition to their night kill as well. If the odds were higher of lynching a mafia player then i'd be all in for this, but let's just face it here, on day 1 a lynch is completely baseless.

What I'm expecting here is some overly cautious scum based on what I've read from previous games.

It is statistically better to lynch each day, with the shimmer of chance lynching an anti-town (rn it's 6/16 which is 3/8 of about 37% chance. As much as it is does not SEEM like it, mislynches are okay unless of course it leads to a situation where town cannot win, which is when the game gets rlly exciting) being enough for me to want one.

faervel wrote:
ZeroPassion wrote:
faervel wrote:

I really like your way of thinking(I mean...it did win me the game last game :3) but...we're not 1st people to play mafia and basically...I...uhh...all of us actually just don't want this: prntscr to happen

Ahhhh you took a pic of the game I hosted there. Yeah, unfortunately there were some bad plays in that game that led to the loss of power roles (especially seer). If you looked a little deeper into that, you'll notice the final day that town essentially lost due to a lack of gathering information in that sense, and because one player decided to troll the last day (Skol).

Seeing as this forum is newer to the game and that I do want to help with that, I want to touch up on a few things I saw and explain.

Glad ya recognize it ^.^
k so 1st of all...just le'mme have a question from the ex-mafia for a start:
Do you guys know your partners in your 1st post or do you meet them night 1?

2nd yeah you did lose that game due to lack of information...but what causes a lose?town being less than mafia a.k.a LACK OF PEOPLE.We DO have a chance of getting information by saying "Oh look he didn't agree to vote X,that might've been cause he's his partner" but at...what cost?

3rd I honestly mean it when I say everyone says they are citizen cause again even power roles should do that day 1 from my view;I mean...you don't wanna tell mafia you are the doctor in the very 1st day now do you?

And whatelse was there...oh right!I too have played this game for a long time and again I don't find the day 1 lynch reasonable at all;I do find the discussion useful and if a lynch's needed afterwards due to something being so obvious then why not;but it's not always like that...and if it wasn't please reconsider lynching randomly just cause you feel like you have to.

Nooow let's see if it actually does something and take Dan's way of experimenting ^.^

/Unskipday...?

Crims!Even after saying he was reasonable with his reasoning( :3 ) you still insist on skipping day and still are vs the conversation!You of all people should know that discussing isn't the same thing as lynching but still trying to make it sound as it is;What say you in your defense?

I'm confused at #1, are you talking about from the site I'm from?

#2) That's a WiFoM situation based on how they play.

If people are not familiar that, WiFoM is whine in front of me, the circular reasoning as to how a player would act (Would they do this, or would they do that...or would they think of you thinking of that and do that instead?)

It's how they overall interact in the game which is what we're trying to figure out as town. If a town is mislynched, then it happens.

#3) If that were to occur then that'd be horrible, but then it'd ask how the doctor was brought up on the lynch block in the first place. Another question to ask is if you are adamant on the Citizen claim and get lynched from that claim (which can be too easy but we'll get there) and flipped doctor, is that really worth it for the doctor to lie at that point to for town's benefit? We don't know what else town has for roles or what scum have, but it'd be kinda cool if there was a watcher in that situation.

more_horiz
I am not saying that at all. What I am saying is: One can always pick up information as to who is what on Day 1. You just have to find the hints and deduct them in your own way. Think of day 1 as being an 'induction' of sorts: where you get to know the other players better; see where they fit into the grand scheme of things. Are they town, or are they mafia? Or are they neutral? 

Lux: One can never be sure that someone is 100% of anything, until they die to be honest (or you are in a chat with them, from a more personal perspective). Sure, they can 'claim' that particular role, but who's to know if they are being legitimate or if they are just trying to pull you along, be a 'wolf in sheep's clothing' so to speak. Last game was a prime example of that. We can have our 'feelings' and 'gut instincts', but they are never 100% correct.

Last edited by ScottyAdams on Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
dear god i'm slow

more_horiz
If someone does not counter claim a role claim, the one who did claim that role will be more believable for the time being. Role claiming day 1 is not useful imo, rather either screams kill me or plz im innocent believe me guiseee ;--;.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
So what you are saying is, let's lynch someone on pick, then pray to god we hit a killer role, or watch as we cry if we hit doc or sheriff or any townie. Seems completely rational and logical mhm

Okay, so a town dies. We still live at this point. This post is assuming that we're still going to have votes on a claimed Sheriff or Doctor, and although scum could claim those roles, they are better off claiming Citizen rn.

more_horiz
Crimson, whilst that may be true: Who's to say the person who initially claimed the role, didn't just do so for their own intentions? So that they could deny others from doing so; lead suspicion away from them? Obviously nobody counter-claiming that benefits them, as it means that they have succeeded; somebody counter-claiming would always raise suspicions onto their claims, but you should always be wary of people in the general sense and their motivations. 

Nobody needs to claim anything, in order to arouse suspicions/exonerate themselves. In fact, there are clues to be derived from the way they talk/act/'advance their gamestate'.

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
So what you are saying is, let's lynch someone on pick, then pray to god we hit a killer role, or watch as we cry if we hit doc or sheriff or any townie. Seems completely rational and logical mhm

Okay, so a town dies. We still live at this point. This post is assuming that we're still going to have votes on a claimed Sheriff or Doctor, and although scum could claim those roles, they are better off claiming Citizen rn.

DA Mini Mafia #2 (Day 1) - Page 5 Aa5_ho11
It was literally you who said citizens role claiming now just risk of getting lynched for no reason. Are you trying to lure them in? Also we do live on yes but day 2 you will have another victim that will be killed by the mafia. What do you say in your defense?

more_horiz
So we going to rando kill? 

I said that before c:

more_horiz
Annnd the post I had vanished because I refreshed the page

I'll reply to the stuff when I get back from lunch, but I do want to address Drunkion's point in that he's right, I haven't been exactly proving people but I've had to post theory as to why it's disadvantageous, more for teaching sake.

And to Crim's recent hold it post, I am NOT saying I want people to claim Citizen right now or randomly, but I am saying they are better off claiming Citizen in the long run barring knowing of other's roles.

more_horiz
That part is obvious. It is beneficial to them to claim the role of citizen/town, due to the fact that it is what minimizes their chances of being lynched or killed, whether they are actually citizen/town or not. It is a 'blanket of security' so to speak, considering the fact we are trying to deduce who truly is town and who is not. 

It is the justification for those claims though, that defines what they truly are and either cements them as town, or ultimately backfires upon them.

more_horiz
/skipday

more_horiz
....89 notifications in 6 hours

....People vote skip, experienced player advises them not to

....People HoS experienced player, because he gave...good advice?

Christ... My mind went numb reading this god awful drivel. I get that ya'll may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but are you really stupid enough to say that he's mafia? If he was mafia, he would have voted to skip already.
Goddamn. I'm already ready to vote skip so I don't have to continue reading this vapid, meaningless, conversation.

more_horiz
Shameless wrote:
....89 notifications in 6 hours

....People vote skip, experienced player advises them not to

....People HoS experienced player, because he gave...good advice?

Christ... My mind went numb reading this god awful drivel. I get that ya'll may not be the brightest bulb in the box, but are you really stupid enough to say that he's mafia? If he was mafia, he would have voted to skip already.
Goddamn. I'm already ready to vote skip so I don't have to continue reading this vapid, meaningless, conversation.

First you tell us we are dumb for telling him not to skip and then you vote skip yourself? wat

more_horiz
Is anybody else really suspicious of Crimson right now?  Xe's either not paying attention and misreading everything or xe's just trying to prevent Town from having a discussion (which would most likely mean that xe's Mafia).

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Is anybody else really suspicious of Crimson right now?  Xe's either not paying attention and misreading everything or xe's just trying to prevent Town from having a discussion (which would most likely mean that xe's Mafia).

Trying my hardest not to be rude here, but do you read? Read anything ive said up to now and please tell me how im wrong.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

Trying my hardest not to be rude here, but do you read? Read anything ive said up to now and please tell me how im wrong.

I have been reading and from the looks of it, you've misread or misunderstood almost everything that has been said.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

I have been reading and from the looks of it, you've misread or misunderstood almost everything that has been said.

As i said, would you be so kind to shed light into my misconceptions?

more_horiz
Honestly, I'm suspicious of everyone. I absolutely agree that trying to skip day isn't beneficial to us at all, as holding a discussion allows us to exchange discourse and deduce who might be what; give us a base, a platform from which to work from. I also agree with the assertion that those wishing to skip day without any justifiable means in doing so, are casting additional suspicion upon themselves, as they wish to stymie any discussion and make it so that we 'go in blind' so to speak. 

That benefits the mafia more than anything, as they have given themselves a days 'head start' so to speak, so they already have what they need, whilst the rest of us are scrambling to get the information required to make logical; educated deductions.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

In crimson's defense, he really is this moronic at times.

more_horiz
Ok let's look at it this way. 

If i were a killer role, i would try to make everybody lynch someone today. Why? Because it's a free kill while also not getting any suspicion on me.Now let's assume we hit the right person today. The person who suggested the lynch will become a "hero" and a trusted one in the eyes of the players,if he fails though it backfires. This is a gambling play with 50% odd of succeeding. If a killer role lynches anything today, they still wouldn't mind as they live by the end of the day going +1 even. The town also lives but they lose any potential role they might have or just a townie, which still is severe. 

Now then good gents, tell me. Would you like to start the game by playing russian roulette? Or calmly put the gun down and thoroughly analyze everything?

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

If i were a killer role, i would try to make everybody lynch someone today. Why? Because it's a free kill while also not getting any suspicion on me.Now let's assume we hit the right person today. The person who suggested the lynch will become a "hero" and a trusted one in the eyes of the players,if he fails though it backfires. This is a gambling play with 50% odd of succeeding. If a killer role lynches anything today, they still wouldn't mind as they live by the end of the day going +1 even. The town also lives but they lose any potential role they might have or just a townie, which still is severe. 

Now then good gents, tell me. Would you like to start the game by playing russian roulette? Or calmly put the gun down and thoroughly analyze everything?

idk, that sounds like something Killer would say...

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

Well...quoting this caused me to see the new post but I am too lazy to quote the other post too soo..just glad Gala's starting to play :3(They grow up so fast T.T)

Noow..back to the point...you are STILL missing the point...lynchin' ain't the same thing as talkin'...
Imagine talking someone to the street,you aren't giving them a gun and playing russian roulette,you are just talking DAMMIT!

more_horiz
I'm not trying to stop the talking here. I'm trying to express my own belief that lynching day 1 is bad.

more_horiz
Sometimes, you have to play the game of risk versus reward, in order to get a true gauge on the situation at hand. Yes, mafia benefit from a lynch on a town member today, yet at the same time: it also allows for us to truly acquire intelligence on just where everybody stands. The aim of day 1, as I said prior, should be an 'induction'; a way to discuss just who might be what and begin the process of elimination. 

A process, that gets nowhere with people making blatant assumptions/accusations of people, without the necessary evidence to justify said claims. Right now, it might give off the appearance of being 50/50, BUT, there are always methods in which to make those odds greater. Is it a gamble? Yes, but is that necessarily a bad thing?

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

As i said, would you be so kind to shed light into my misconceptions?

Unfortunately, that will take a while to explain.  Because I'm at work, I can't spend a large chunk of time explaining.  Give me 3 1/2 hours and I can explain then.  Until then, I will only be able to give the occasional small post.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply