Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Wolf Mafia #3 (Town Wins again!)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
JC the shadow hunter
Lux
DanelerH
CrimsonOverlord
Linda-Senpai
9 posters

pollWhat type of game would you like to see next?

Wolf Mafia
0%
Mini Mafia
100%
Total Votes:
Poll closed

descriptionDA Wolf Mafia #3 (Town Wins again!) - Page 10 EmptyDA Wolf Mafia #3 (Town Wins again!)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

DA Wolf Mafia #3: Sign Ups

What is 'Wolf' Mafia?

Spoiler :

The game is setup in this order, depending on how many sign ups I get:

Townsfolk
Townsfolk
Doctor
Sheriff

Mafioso
Godfather

Wolf

Roles

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE DOCTOR HAS BEEN NERFED! THE DOCTOR MAY NO LONGER SELF-HEAL!

Spoiler :

BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF "Do I have enough time to actively post during the day phase, at least three times a day, and submit my night action ever night?" If the answer is no, you might want to sit this game out or sign up as a reserve.

1. CrimsonOverlord
2. DanelerH
3. Lux
4. JC the shadow hunter
5. faervel
6. SilentKatana
7. hazmah
8. drunkion
Reserves:

To sign up, simply say "in".

7 is the bare minimum of players I will take for the game, but I will take any number of people for the game above 7. Signups are open until Sunday.

Prizes:

Members of the winning faction will receive 1500 DP each. (You do not have to be alive at the end of the game to win unless you're the Wolf).

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:28 pm; edited 12 times in total

descriptionDA Wolf Mafia #3 (Town Wins again!) - Page 10 EmptyRe: DA Wolf Mafia #3 (Town Wins again!)

more_horiz
/Lycnh Lux

/Skipday

descriptionDA Wolf Mafia #3 (Town Wins again!) - Page 10 EmptyRe: DA Wolf Mafia #3 (Town Wins again!)

more_horiz
/lynch Lux
/skipday

more_horiz
/lynch lux 

I TOTALLY WON DIS GUIZ

more_horiz
LUX HAS BEEN LYNCHED! HE WAS THE WOLF! GAME HAS ENDED! TOWN WINS! DP IS BEING AWARDED

Full role list: 
Townsfolk - hazmah
Townsfolk - faervel
Townsfolk - DanelerH
Doctor - Drunkion
Sheriff - CrimsonOverlord

Godfather - SilentKatana
Mafioso - JC the Shadow Hunter 

Wolf - Lux

Host Review

I don't understand why the Wolf has never attacked Night 1 so far, but I haven't said anything about it until now because I wanted you guys to realize how silly that is on your own. The Wolf needs to get a kill in every single night if they wish to win. 

Another thing: I believe the Godfather needs a buff. In addition to showing up as Town when investigated by Sheriff, I think he should also be immune to getting killed at Night, meaning he will live if targeted by the Wolf. Leave your opinions on this buff here.

more_horiz
I've also wondered why the Wolf never attacks on Night 1.  I don't understand the point of that idea.  On the topic of the buff, the Mafia definitely need something to put the odds more in their favor.  I think that it's something that could at least be tried.  If nobody likes it, it can just be removed later.

more_horiz
Getting targeted by wolf at night as a godfather scared me, but if we have that buff then the wolf might miss a target? Idk

more_horiz
I didn't attack because it's what Wolf's been doing past rounds and because of probably my inexperience in the game. 

And I don't like that buff, unless you make it vice-versa, if wolf is targeted by the mafia he survives.

more_horiz
Main reason I avoided it was cause I didn't know game would go on if mafia's dead to be honest that's why I went for a kill in my 2nd game(so I wonder where that "never" comes from....)
And I like a buff to the mafia;Just not sure if that's the one buff I want(being immune is kinda broken...maybe a vest thingy?Or a 2nd mafia role?)

Also one thing I'd like to mention is that I don't see the mafia as an underpowered role at all!It's just that our mafia's been slipping up a lot and no one till now has even tried to counter claim a power role(specially sheriff) I mean yeaaaah death'd be guaranteed next day but a mislynch is just so bad on town side if they manage to convince the others that they are the sheriff and it can instantly win game for mafia...

more_horiz
Why are you all considering buffing all these roles? Have you not looked at how broken this game is for the bad guys?
The ratio is 5-2-1.
There is a 57% chance for 2 towns to die N1 (Yes, my math was different before). That's already very detrimental for town. 

Imo Wolf should be taken out, but eh you might just keep it cos funz.

Edit: This also isn't the case of wolf rnging the scum and killing them all. I figured out everyone and that is how this came to be.

more_horiz
Linda, please start new one tonight. Besides mafia helps so much for forum activity.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Linda, please start new one tonight. Besides mafia helps so much for forum activity.

Need to figure out what type of game next one will be. Should it be another Wolf Mafia game? Or should this be the last Wolf Mafia game I host (since the intention of Wolf Mafia was to introduce everyone to the basics, and it's been 3 games already), and instead host a "Mini Mafia" game, which would have way more roles but still a small amount of players since we don't have the activity for a huge game (I've played games as big as 30 people). I'll put it to a poll and let you guys decide. 

Also @hazmah main reason I considered buffing Godfather is bc I was reading back on some of the games I played on Marriland and I realized that their Godfather was immune to being killed at Night except by a role called the Jailer, but that's Marriland Mafia and this is DA Mafia, so.

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:31 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
I  have voted for Mini mafia, if it does turn bad I guess we can switch back to Wolf Mafia.

more_horiz
I have been studying the game for a bit and I found out about some very interesting roles:

The traitor - A town player who works for mafia interests but appears as a town and can win only by a mafia win.

The Miller - innocent one but appears as mafia if investigated.

The Woodcutter - They can kill one person of their choice when they die.

Rabble Rouser - When alive, there are two lynchs every day.

Doublevoter - His vote counts twice 

Village drunk - additional role, must speak unclear and Gibberish.

The Dentist - during the night he picks a player and the player must remain silent during the next day. Other players would be notified that someone got shut down.

The Witch - She's shown during the night who will die and can choose to save them (can be used only once)

Village idiot - must convince town to kill them

There are more but I don't want to write them now.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
I have been studying the game for a bit and I found out about some very interesting roles:

The traitor - A town player who works for mafia interests but appears as a town and can win only by a mafia win.

The Dentist - during the night he picks a player and the player must remain silent during the next day. Other players would be notified that someone got shut down.

The Witch - She's shown during the night who will die and can choose to save them (can be used only once)

The Traitor, Miller, and Woodcutter seem interesting, but I don't think our group could have all of them, even if we get a couple of extra people.

We definitely don't need the Rabble Rouser, since it's only a small group.

The Doublevoter could be good if we get an AFK player, but it would be even more interesting if it was a dual-option, so the Mafia could also have it.  The Dentist could be another interesting dual-option.

If we had the Witch, we would probably have to get rid of the Doctor, but I think the Witch should be able to save xemself since it's only once per game.

I would love to be either the Village Drunk or the Village Idiot.

more_horiz
Yes of course - we don't need all of them in one game lol. These were just examples, one or two more roles should do.

more_horiz
Something else that could be interesting is if we didn't know what roles were in the current game.  Instead, we just knew the potential ones.  For example, all of these roles would be listed in the opening post of game 4, but the only roles we use that game are Sheriff, Witch, Woodcutter, Idiot, Traitor, Godfather, and Mafioso Doublevoter.  The only roles we would know exist are our own and the Godfather could know that the Mafioso is a Doublevoter.

more_horiz
Hmm, interesting.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Something else that could be interesting is if we didn't know what roles were in the current game.  Instead, we just knew the potential ones.  For example, all of these roles would be listed in the opening post of game 4, but the only roles we use that game are Sheriff, Witch, Woodcutter, Idiot, Traitor, Godfather, and Mafioso Doublevoter.  The only roles we would know exist are our own and the Godfather could know that the Mafioso is a Doublevoter.

So basically a hidden role game?

more_horiz
hazmah wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

So basically a hidden role game?

Yeah, basically.  I think it would make things really interesting.

more_horiz
The game actually WAS like that back when Linda hosted them like..2years ago.
And honestly it went pretty good.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:

That's how Mafia is supposed to be tho. The only roles guaranteed to be in every game are Townsfolk, Sheriff, Doctor, and Godfather.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

That's how Mafia is supposed to be tho. The only roles guaranteed to be in every game are Townsfolk, Sheriff, Doctor, and Godfather.

Oh. Well, I guess that just shows how little I know about Mafia.  I still think we shouldn't have a Doctor if we have a Witch, though.

more_horiz
Why? Their roles are quite different.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:

The only one of those roles I like is The Traitor. And the Witch that I know is an Evil Neutral that fucks around with who people target at night.

more_horiz
I actually really hate the traitor. It's basically a mafia who shows up as town.

more_horiz
I will start Mini Mafia with the roles I used in the Mafia games I hosted here before. I just need to find them.

more_horiz
Well that was just example but I hope for more roles.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply