Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Staff: New Tournament Schedule

+8
Lux
SilentKatana
Yarn Tethers
Train Heartnet
Anzo
Jv
Etwizzy
DDS
12 posters

descriptionStaff: New Tournament Schedule - Page 9 EmptyStaff: New Tournament Schedule

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

So basically after receiving some feedback on the old tournament structure I'd like to try something different with our tournament schedule for the coming months.
Essentially instead of having tournaments on specific pre defined times of the month we will, instead we will hold a tournament each Sunday.
I figured with this new approach it'd be better to make a new thread for announcing this alongside our new schedule.. Also this topic is to be a spam free zone!

Now that's out of the way onto the actual schedule...
December

Week 1: [TCG] Regular Tournament #5
Host: Centrik
Date: December 3rd

Week 2: Rookie Tournament #9
Host: Lux
Date: December 9th

Week 3: Dragon Duel Tournament #2
Host: 
Date: December 16th

Week 4: Pegasus Challenge #3
Host:
Date: December 23th 

January

Week 1: 
Host:
Date:

Last edited by Lux on Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:31 pm; edited 20 times in total (Reason for editing : because chet)

descriptionStaff: New Tournament Schedule - Page 9 EmptyRe: Staff: New Tournament Schedule

more_horiz
It's still possible to host imprisoning mirror @SilentKatan IJS

n TCG generation tournament, i somehow managed to stuck it in schedule.....hopefully we get some activity @Jv you wanted to host one right? do it

descriptionStaff: New Tournament Schedule - Page 9 EmptyRe: Staff: New Tournament Schedule

more_horiz
Someone please close elemental temperance. It's been a month now and it didnt even meet signups so cancel it

more_horiz
ok then, looks like our armor had been taken off

more_horiz
Since the last "plain tournament" worked somewhat better than I thought it would turn out to be.....

I am going to reopen the tournament schedule, for the next two weeks though, I will try to do something different: opening 2 tournaments in the same week so people have more choice, in exchange the due dates will be shorten for each round.

I still haven't decide on what tournaments I am going to put in here so, please, be my guest and fulfill your ideas and oh right, it would be great if you host a tournament also.

more_horiz
Prodecklist

more_horiz
r u a baby that just learned the word "prodecklist"? >.> it's up there so I assume you hosting it next week by saying that then

everyone else, say something

more_horiz
i can host it as i said

more_horiz
....wait, you can host it? host what exactly?

more_horiz
Are you going to use this thread? @Centrik

uk for new tournament schedule n stuff.....inb4 u were not serious with taking schedule heh

more_horiz
lol do I have power to decide what a tournament is going to be?

more_horiz
well u said you going to take care of it so....yes

but it has to be something that is a tournament, u cant just make 1010 tournament or k. tournament without telling us what they are or pick something that exists alrdy

more_horiz
oh ok so I'm in charge to ruin this place ok ok I got it. Will do it in the evening.

more_horiz
"in the evening"

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
"in the evening"

Almost as bad as me when I was doing this gig!...lolz

more_horiz
You don't know my evening.

more_horiz
Cent I can help you if you want.

more_horiz
Cent's facial expression at this moment is the same as the one in Lux's sig. lol

more_horiz
I already hosted the tournament? Stop underestimating me I've been doing this for years.

more_horiz
It's not 'hosting' the tournament we're talking about, it's actually scheduling them so that we can start hosting them on specific dates. Just like the last time, for instance, we have two tournaments on the first of each month (regular + Pro decklist) and two custom tournaments each on the 11th and 21st of each month, and so on.

more_horiz
Oh ok sorry for my bad English.

more_horiz
Anzo is right, Big €. 

If you want, I can help you out and we can create a Tournament Schedule together.

more_horiz
Sorry for the little drama lol. Not sure if it's even drama.

Help me then Lux.

more_horiz
Hey guys, got something.

Week 1: [TCG] Regular Tournament #5
Host: Centrik
Date: December 3rd

Week 2: Rookie Tournament #9
Host: 
Date: December 9th

Week 3: Dragon Duel Tournament #2
Host: 
Date: December 16th

Week 4: Pegasus Challenge #3
Host:
Date: December 23th

Thoughts? I decided to not do Week 5 because it'd be placed during holidays so I guess the activity would be lower. I can add some tournament if needed.

We'd create some cool and new challenges for the Pegasus tournament. 

If this seems fine to everyone then perhaps we can go with this schedule. P.S. Rookie Tournament is mine.

more_horiz
What are the dragon and pegasus tournies? Never heard of em, even though dragon one is self explanatory

more_horiz
Dragon Tournament has the same concept like WCQ - there is 4 round Swiss, then top 4 proceed to the next stage where people duel for the top. It's a nice tournament to see how competitive our community is.

In Pegasus Challenge, we create a number of "challenges" and community picks one and the tournament gets that rules.

Check this link to see Pegasus more detailed: http://www.duelacademy.net/t43950-pegasus-challenge-1-fin

more_horiz
What's Rookie Tournament also?

more_horiz
chet just take a look at the one we had b4 
http://www.duelacademy.net/t46820-rookie-tournament-7-ended

also this may come in handy so 
http://www.duelacademy.net/t47134-staff-tournament-database

more_horiz
So is this schedule good or what?

more_horiz
dragon due; tend to get stuck and pegasus u need idea provider

if u can solve these 2 problems then k.

as for 5th week we will see how the activity goes with the previous 4 weeks then decide

more_horiz
We'll create ideas for Pegasus in time. I don't see the problem with Dragon Tournament

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum