Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
username290
ZeroPassion
Endless Sorcerer
ScottyAdams
Galaksii
niney16
DMK
CrimsonOverlord
Omega Ophion
Linda-Senpai
Lux
faervel
16 posters

descriptionDA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A - Page 3 EmptyDA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

If you have any suggestions for roles to be used in future games, leave them here and I will consider them. If you have any questions regarding the game of Mafia, ask them here and I will answer them, so long as they are not concerning an on going game.

descriptionDA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A - Page 3 EmptyRe: DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A

more_horiz
DMK wrote:
But it's who I am. ;-;

Inb4 we end up on the same side

descriptionDA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A - Page 3 EmptyRe: DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A

more_horiz
Is friendly fire allowed?    Surprised

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
Hello, I'm number2 from Dueling Network Forums, and a regular mafia player there along with hazmah. I'm familiar with DMK on here from other places.

I will more than likely join a few games of mafia with y'all.

Have you ever thought about using quicktopic for Mafia team or potential Jailor uses, anything needing the use of team talking or whatnot?

I'd link it but I can't post an external link as of yet.

I have never heard of quicktopic

more_horiz
I bet it was Linda that gave me a -1 on my last post

more_horiz
Please try to only ask questions regarding the game or give suggestions here.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
ZeroPassion wrote:
Hello, I'm number2 from Dueling Network Forums, and a regular mafia player there along with hazmah. I'm familiar with DMK on here from other places.

I will more than likely join a few games of mafia with y'all.

Have you ever thought about using quicktopic for Mafia team or potential Jailor uses, anything needing the use of team talking or whatnot?

I'd link it but I can't post an external link as of yet.

I have never heard of quicktopic

OH SHIT, WADDUP

http://www.quicktopic.com

Here it is. It's quick and easy to make an account and chat.

more_horiz
I know this is kinda out of the blue, but this literally came to me in a dream 
Wizard role (or warlock if you want to make it evil)
during the night the wizard chooses someone to curse when cursed you can use your night action for the rest of the game unless the curse is removed (the wizard dies or decides to remove it) the wizard can only have one person cursed at a time 
the wizard wins by being alive or something (I don't it was a dream, dreams are sketchy)

more_horiz
Linda have you thought about switching mafia to GMT+0 timezone? It will be a lot easier for players to follow the game if they can adjust it to their own timezone.

more_horiz
username290 wrote:
during the night the wizard chooses someone to curse when cursed you can use your night action for the rest of the game unless the curse is removed (the wizard dies or decides to remove it) the wizard can only have one person cursed at a time 
the wizard wins by being alive or something (I don't it was a dream, dreams are sketchy)

Seems very bastardy/annoying.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Linda have you thought about switching mafia to GMT+0 timezone? It will be a lot easier for players to follow the game if they can adjust it to their own timezone.

idk what timezone is +0

@username: so like a permanent Roleblock? Interesting, but we already have the Auditor

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Lux wrote:

idk what timezone is +0

@username: so like a permanent Roleblock? Interesting, but we already have the Auditor

How you don't DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A - Page 3 3974120512

It's Greenwhich timezone. If you are +8, then you are eight hours ahead of the Greenwhich timezone aka Prime Meridian or GMT+0 timezone.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Lux wrote:

idk what timezone is +0

It's Greenwhich timezone. If you are +8, then you are eight hours ahead of the Greenwhich timezone aka Prime Meridian or GMT+0 timezone.

I have no idea what you are talking about

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Lux wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Lux wrote:

idk what timezone is +0

I have no idea what you are talking about

Dammit Linda did you have geography in school? DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A - Page 3 3974120512 

You mentioned few times you live in Mountain time zone so that means you are GMT+7 considering it's 1:04 AM now in GMT+0 timezone and 6:04 PM in Mountain aka GMT+7 timezone.

So the idea is for you to switch mafia to the GMT+0 timezone I presented now DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A - Page 3 3974120512

more_horiz
hazmah wrote:
username290 wrote:

Seems very bastardy/annoying.

no one likes my ideas  DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A - Page 3 576792747

more_horiz
@Username290 that's literally the dancer role the only difference is if no target is chosen previous target is selected.

And while I'm here,let's say a funny role I thought of that I am 90% sure gets rejected:
Voodoo(mafia) :Choose a target at night and a 2nd target for them,if the 1st target lynches the 2nd one during daytime they die by evil voodoo magics at the end of the day(Unless they are lynched).
Was gonna say if they say the cursed word but that was waaaaaaaaay too random.This role in its own way can stop town from going ham lynching everyone out there to bait mafia while also it can be used to protect fellow mafias or even use their power to frame someone("Why would the voodoo choose you as their protection target?It's not like you get lynched a lot" or something like that)
Soo...if the idea itself is terrible in your opinion then nevermind but if it's too broken it can get nerfed I guess?

more_horiz
Yeah that's way too OP.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Yeah that's way too OP.

Would having it as evil neutral change that?
But honestly looking at it again I can't take the role seriously...

Anyway I found it at https://epicmafia.com/role there are some fun roles in there though 80%of them are trollish or just simply suck....

more_horiz
Would be underpowered as an EN imo.

https://epicmafia.com/role/1260 just found this. Looks pretty interesting, you guys interested in seeing it added?

more_horiz
What is it really? It looks good!

more_horiz
Basically it's a town role that has a one-use ability to create a Night Chat with everyone currently alive in it which lasts for one night only.

more_horiz
Why is the Executioner considered Benign? It has a killing ability that goes against their target once they find them and doesn't sound unharmful to anyone.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Basically it's a town role that has a one-use ability to create a Night Chat with everyone currently alive in it which lasts for one night only.

So it's a role that gives Town a Night's worth of discussion?

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
Why is the Executioner considered Benign? It has a killing ability that goes against their target once they find them and doesn't sound unharmful to anyone.

Well the original role was a BN that was given a target at the start of the game and the win condition was they had to see that target lynched. It was changed because it in a sense became a jester where if someone was aggressively pushing someone people would be afraid that they were an executioner. Imo it should still be a BN bc they aren't directly against Town.

@Daneler: the mafia and neutrals are added to the night chat too, but yeah.

more_horiz
Party host sounds fun~!
Though...don't get the exact point of it besides kinda extending discussions from day or having some power roles that are certain to die leave some kinda...last wills.
Oh also how will it interact with Jailor?
And are deaths announced middle of the party or it's at start of next day?(Party ruiner mafia...)

more_horiz
Dont worry about Jailer, im prob gonna remove it from the list of roles.

If I introduce party host, I would have it to where they let me know during the day that they want to host their party the following night, and everyone alive at the end of the day would be added. Kills nd shit would not be announced there, they would be announced at start of day per usual. And basically having a day discussion with no votes nd shit at night could be a huge game swinger for town.

more_horiz
Can we have a dead chat?

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Can we have a dead chat?

This would be nice.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Can we have a dead chat?

Yes, I will ask an admin to make the section for it.

more_horiz
Soo...this kinda affects the current game as well so was gonna ask for this after the game but I forget stuff too often so let's ask this before I forget DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A - Page 3 3974120512

Suggestion:Was gonna ask to change Gunsmith's interaction with the day lynch so we can lynch that day as well cause honestly right now it's too much in the favor of the mafia even if the gun is in a town's hand but still imagine it being in a mafia's hand;You get a free kill,there's a chance they won't know it was you AND you protect yourself from a lynch!?Or even worse...imagine The Witch finding out whom the Gunsmith is;they can simply keep stealing guns from them and keep shooting stuff at the day and disable day lynch completely!

more_horiz
Maybe it's because i was shot for nothing ;---; but gunsmith is indeed op, especially in the wrong hands.

It will take a miracle for town to win the current game imo

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply