Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+12
username290
ZeroPassion
Endless Sorcerer
ScottyAdams
Galaksii
niney16
DMK
CrimsonOverlord
Omega Ophion
Linda-Senpai
Lux
faervel
16 posters

descriptionDA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A EmptyDA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A

more_horiz
If you have any suggestions for roles to be used in future games, leave them here and I will consider them. If you have any questions regarding the game of Mafia, ask them here and I will answer them, so long as they are not concerning an on going game.

descriptionDA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A EmptyRe: DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A

more_horiz
Suggestions:
1.Mayor having 2votes instead of 3 for games with less than 10people since right now it's more of a "let's convince mayor cause it's only his vote that matters" while I guess it should be "let's convince mayor cause his vote's important".
2.The only way for student to win being to choose someone:Already said this in chat but I'mma take my time here explaining why I think it'd be nice for the student not being able to do that;Right now the student can stall as long as he wants and tries to survive and can join the stronger side at end of the game or just avoid it and still win totally not caring what's gonna happen...to be honest the nerf's not exactly huge either but it adds a tiny little bit of risk to that role and it's not like he needs to worry about failing cause he can target again same night(DAMN IT FARK).

Questions:
1.HOW DOES JAILOR WORK!?I'VE HAD THIS QUESTION SINCE LIKE..3YEARS NOW DAMMIT!
2.Can a witch control godfather and as a result the whole mafia?

And finally a role suggestion:
Bad sheriff:Basically gets reverse results and he thinks he's sheriff...can be the hidden town role besides the shueriff.

Soo...it's a town role that gives mafia more chances considering how they can claim to be sheriff since 2 can exist(though it'd be obvious if there were no spots left in hidden roles for town)...soo...not sure...would like to hear you guys' comments on this..but of course if it were in game I'd prefer having less Evil Neutrals since town's already at a bad spot...

more_horiz
1. Good call on the Mayor. I'll make the change effective immediately.
2. I will consider this suggestion. I felt that Student should be able to win without picking a mentor because they can be killed and have no vests, but you make a fair argument.

Q: How does the Jailer work?
A: The jailer 'jails' his/her target at night, opening a night chat that night with them that night only. In this Night Chat, they may interrogate their target, and if they don't trust their target, then they can choose to Execute them. The Jailer's target is basically took away during that night, preventing them from using their night action and making any night actions that would be used on them fail. The Jailer can't execute on night 1 or during a day where there was a successful lynch, however, I might buff it to allow an Execution even if there was a lynch.

Q: Can the Witch control the Godfather?
A: The Witch can control the Godfather, forcing them to kill someone.

Bad Sheriff: The Mafia already has the Consigilere role.

more_horiz
Suggestion for everyone: JOIN!!!!!

more_horiz
Can we put in Arsonist. Each night they target somebody to douse in gasoline then they can choose each night to ignite all doused or douse another person. They are neutral Begin and can wreck games if not found.

more_horiz
Omega Ophion wrote:
Can we put in Arsonist. Each night they target somebody to douse in gasoline then they can choose each night to ignite all doused or douse another person. They are neutral Begin and can wreck games if not found.

I'm familiar with the Arsonist, but I did not include it because it's overpowered in games this small, in my opinion.

more_horiz
ok then what about Vampires and Vampire hunters, They make the game amazing. Each night the youngest vampire chooses one person to infect. They win by everyone being vampire. Vampire Hunters choose 1 person to investigate and if they are a vampire they are staked. All vampires become normal again if the youngest is killed, Hunting takes place before infecting.

more_horiz
Omega Ophion wrote:
ok then what about Vampires and Vampire hunters, They make the game amazing. Each night the youngest vampire chooses one person to infect. They win by everyone being vampire. Vampire Hunters choose 1 person to investigate and if they are a vampire they are staked. All vampires become normal again if the youngest is killed, Hunting takes place before infecting.

Now that's an interesting role I've never seen before. Seems heavily similar to Cult Leader and Mason Leader tho doesn't it? Maybe it would be more balanced than Cult and Mason in a game this small. I will consider replacing Cult and Mason with it for Mini Mafia #3.

more_horiz
I think it would as they can be defeated easily and I have never seen them win a game. also there is the likes of Retributionist who can revive a dead town member, there is also Amnesiac that can remember a role and become that person.

more_horiz
Omega Ophion wrote:
I think it would as they can be defeated easily and I have never seen them win a game. also there is the likes of Retributionist who can revive a dead town member, there is also Amnesiac that can remember a role and become that person.

Reviving a dead Townsfolk sounds overpowered though. It would have to be a one-use only. Amnesiac is already one of the Benign Neutrals.

more_horiz
I actually meant how Jailor works in this forum...they get a new account or something?

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
I actually meant how Jailor works in this forum...they get a new account or something?

Ohh. Thinking on it, I realize I will have to change it to work with this forum. So rather than getting a Night Chat with them, I will act as a median between the two. The Jailer will PM me with whatever they wish to say to their target, and the jailed person replies to me, which I will send to the Jailer. Does that sound like it will work?

more_horiz
It'd be kinda easy for the target to tell whom it is that way from when they get a msg just like how Lux could tell it was Ophion who bussed him cause he submitted late in game #1...soo...how about just sending&recieving one pm max?
Like the same way other roles target:
-Targeting X for jailing,telling them "I am secretly in love with you,will you marry me?"
-Linda to X:You have been Jailed and the jailor's saying "I am secretly in love with you,will you marry me?"
-And then X has a chance to reply...
How's that?

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
It'd be kinda easy for the target to tell whom it is that way from when they get a msg just like how Lux could tell it was Ophion who bussed him cause he submitted late in game #1...soo...how about just sending&recieving one pm max?
-Targeting X for jailing,telling them "I am secretly in love with you,will you marry me?"
-Linda to X:You have been Jailed and the jailor's saying "I am secretly in love with you,will you marry me?"
How's that?

If it's one message max, I don't understand how they would interrogate them.

more_horiz
Retributionist is a once only use

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
faervel wrote:
How's that?

If it's one message max, I don't understand how they would interrogate them.

"Answer the following questions:
Your role!
Your targets!"
But honestly it still doesn't feel interrogating enough...

more_horiz
You can create a smurf for the jailor? then pm them form an account called jailor.

more_horiz
Linda I still wonder what does the night chat look like? Is it in chatbox?

more_horiz
It's like here not a chatbos. Its like another thread. Also question for linda. How do i stop getting targeted by others night 1 ? ;-;

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
It's like here not a chatbos. Its like another thread. Also question for linda. How do i stop getting targeted by others night 1 ? ;-;

Stop being so good at this game!

more_horiz
Soo we have learned if Crim is not dead night one we lynch him agreed?? As he will lie his way out of anything

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

Stop being so good at this game!

aww lux  DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A 2492747165

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
Linda I still wonder what does the night chat look like? Is it in chatbox?

It's a hidden section that only people added to it can see, like the War Team and Staff sections.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

Lynch the new player ;^;

more_horiz
I don't want to be lynched. And Linda, what role should I have for this game?

more_horiz
niney16 wrote:
I don't want to be lynched. And Linda, what role should I have for this game?

The role you receive is 100% randomized. Nobody knows what role they are going to have

more_horiz
DMK wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:

Lynch the new player ;^;

Niney it is then jk jk

more_horiz
@DMK you should join the new one. You are not new anymore so you won't be killed night 1 DA Mafia: Suggestions + Q&A 3974120512

more_horiz
@gracco @dmk @username290 @galaksii plz join guiseee

more_horiz
Really would but I don't know how to play :<

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply