Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
Linda-Senpai
DanelerH
faervel
MetaphysHunter
jjh927
TricMagic
Lux
Alisae
12 posters

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over) - Page 13 EmptyAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Player list:
1. LightYagami5
2. DanelerH
3. TricMagic
4. jjh927
5. faervel
6. Linda-Senpai
7. Pepchoninga
8. Debi MetaphysHunter*

Game rules:
1) All decisions come down to a democracy. The moderator gets 9 votes.
2) Please place your votes using the following code. While using bold tags to place your vote is okay, using the following would be prefered. Your vote will not get counted if it's not bolded.:

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

3) Lynches will occur when one player has received the majority of votes. You may post during the twilight period between the hammer and the closing of the thread.
4) If unsufficient votes are made on any player, or a majority of votes have been made to no lynch, no lynch will be made.
5) Nights will last 48 hours.
6) Do NOT quote any private communication from me, nor any mason, scum, neighbour, or anything topics that may or may not exist. You may paraphrase, just don't copy it wholesale.
7) You MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless your role specifically gives you the ability to do so. The acception to this is any neighboorhoods, Scum PT, or masonry PTs you are involved in. I really feel like I should not be bolding this acception but whatever
Cool Days will last 4 irl days, or until a lynch (or no lynch) has been decided on.
9) Blue (#0099ff) is my color. Refrain from using it.
10) In the tragic event I drop off the face of the earth, @Lux will take my place and he has no say in this Wink.
11) Death is final, but a single contentless "bah!" post will be permitted, just make sure it has no content in said post.
12) The rules can be arbitrarily changed/added to by one party (me) anytime I am feeling greedy and/or evil.
13) Players not use factional and individual actions simultaneously unless their role PM explicitly says otherwise.
14) This setup is non-bastard.
15) Be nice, and try to enjoy yourself. BTW I'll send prods every 24-48 hours. Something like that.
16) hahaha I totally stole this rules thingy from a friend.

Setup Information:
1) The setup is confirmed as having 6 Town-Aligned players and 2 Scum-Aligned players.
2) Flavour is independent of alignment. Alignments were randomized prior to setup design.

Konami Nerf plz (Alive Nerds) :

Got rekt by the banlist (Ded Nerds) :

Last edited by Alisae on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:37 pm; edited 14 times in total

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over) - Page 13 EmptyRe: Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over)

more_horiz
Metaphys being targetted by Dan would have got Tric the same result though, right?

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over) - Page 13 EmptyRe: Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over)

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Btw, bote, RC isn't even that good at scumhunting...she just has the ability to make people do what she says. And she often has luck. Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over) - Page 13 3974120512 

I really need to come over and start playing again.
I sheep RC a lot of the time and me and RC have a thing where almost everygame RC pockets me as town or scum and we make fun of it.

If you come over and start playing on MS just don't flake again that's annoying -_-

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
Pep, what I heard there is "I rely on meta-knowledge to not come off as suspicious and throw the game."

In other words, you are consistently bad and people who don't know that lynch you. You're bad at communicating. Communication is absolutely the issue here. Familiarity aids communication, but you need to be able to get across points in a way anyone can understand if you don't want them to be misinterpreted.

Here's the deal with "scumhunting". Most people here can't do it. You focus on posts and mistakes, when here at DA we're playing with a lot of new players prone to making mistakes and a few unjustifiably overconfident players who are blind to their own ones. You need to focus on votes. Actions. And if you can see it, there's another layer of manipulation going on. I spent a lot of this game lurking but communicating with Tric and Faerv in the Light hood. Whenever Faervel mentioned any kind of suspicions on me, I deflected to Tric. I then basically didn't take part in any votes except giving my opinion. Tric and Faerv did all the work for me, which added more suspicion to Tric because Faerv was confirmed town and Tric was doing all of the voting. I could keep quiet without being mobbed by town because 2 of them were essentially in my pocket, but if people had pressed me I'd have had to speak more. Nobody did. Dan probably would have, but we got him killed N1 because he would probably have been a major player as far as pressing people went.

So yeah, when I see you all complaining that "Town were playing like scum" I find it really funny. The reverse should always be true unless they're incompetent; scum should always be ostensibly playing like town. But you insist on trying to find "scummy" behaviour, that is, poor play that does not line up with your train of logic, despite knowing that half of the people in the game are inexperienced.

As an aside, I was certain Dan must have targeted Metaphys, not Tric. Tric was the least suspicious in day 1 IMO because he set up the whole no-lynch trap. Me and Linda dug our way out of it because we believe in the viability of no-lynch in day 1, but it was still a good trap for plenty of your playstyles.
meta is a starting place for a read. meta should not be used as something to base your whole read on

2nd part isn't always true. Some townies are just good at identifying what a bad townie looks like or what lynchbait looks like.

AND HEY I CAN SCUMHUNT /me pouts.
I would have defintiely would have pushed JJ.

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
Metaphys being targetted by Dan would have got Tric the same result though, right?
Yes because of Dan's modified Jailkeeper (Rolestop and Roleblock). If Dan was a normal Jailkeeper (Protect and Roleblock) then the investigation would have went through.

more_horiz
so whens next game?

more_horiz
People want me to host another :O

more_horiz
Idc who hosts the next game of mafia, and idc if its role madness or regular mini/wolf mafia, I just want to play mafia.

more_horiz
I'm also up for another game.  I got killed on Night 1, so I didn't get to play much.

more_horiz
I hope I role scum again with someone AND we have daytalk.
That'll be lit.
Preferibly Dan.

more_horiz
Jj,mpeople who get on the lynchbait trains are consistently bad. Good players don't do that. I'm a constant lynchbait because most of the time I exploit too much and dig a bit too much in person. That doesn't necessarily mean I think he's scum. 

And scumhunting is actually an abundance of things. You need to considering contradictions, vote patterns, timing of votes and all that. It's not just "Oh he's new, better not go dig his posts for some bad shit". 

And also I didn't criticize your playing I think this is a very good scum game from you. Manipulating the other player is the key. You did manipulation the only 2 people you needed too.

more_horiz
Pep, me voting for you was entirely to see how you would flip. Truthfully I was thinking of investigating you night 1, not like that matters much other than to color my opinion of you. To me you focused on me a bit too much for my comfort. Had you actually claimed norm/ town, I might have believed it, had you actually gotten off of me. As it was, your posts made you too good a target to miss lynching. Town flip pretty much put me on guard. Still blame Debi for our loss, retracting the doc claim just to live...
Also, check my new sig, quoted from the mafia chat. Thanks for the compliment Linda.

more_horiz
Tbf Tric, Linda wasn't fully thinking about what we'd do after that. Skipping wouldn't have been a bad play there, especially from our perspective as me and Linda were pretty low on your suspicions, but it wouldn't be game-winning. And me and Linda managed to rack up more trust by how we handled the skip vote without actually risking skipping the day unless it looked like we weren't going to be able to get a mislynch going.

What did you all think of the Shopper roleclaim btw? I thought it was a pretty good idea, especially since Faerv would have very much liked such a role to exist. Claiming Faervel as the first target was also a nice way of implying that the abilities can definitely work together. Makes you more amenable to it if you think of how useful it would be.

Had my roleblocker status gone public earlier I am CERTAIN Pep would have called me out on it. Any roleblocker was bound to be scum after Dan flipped. That's partly why I pretended to have NK immunity as well - it added to the things my role could do to make it seem more potentially town.

more_horiz
jj I would never impliment a role like that.
I come from Mafiascum.
If Pep was alive that would have litterally been claiming scum because mod meta.

more_horiz
Wait, so is there a counterpart to Faervel's role?

more_horiz
Yes.  Double-day is an actual thing.

more_horiz
Never mind.  I'm thinking of Double Voter, which is a role that can cast two votes.  I don't know if Double Day is a normal thing.

more_horiz
(Sorry for the triple post.  Editing is disabled.)

It looks like Double Day is a variation that can be played in which there are two votes per day.  I'm guessing Alisae just modified that variation into a role.  https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Double_Day

more_horiz
jj, It's more to the fact that she said that, and she was the host for the earlier games, with so much xp, it's nice to see her compliment me.

more_horiz
I hope everyone enjoyed @Alisae's round of Mafia & also want to apologize for slow preparations! :D

Next Mafia? When do you want it? Wink

more_horiz
I'm ready whenever.  I'm hoping to get in a Neighborhood if you decide to use them.  That seems fun.

more_horiz
It's bote's thing. So I'll leave hoods for his games. 

I can host Wolf Mafia on my own but I'd need someone experienced to help me with the Mini Mafia.

more_horiz
If you could, maybe tomorrow, if not Friday would be nice.

more_horiz
Before weekend for sure.

more_horiz
do a mini mafia instead of wolf :D

more_horiz
I have my mind little  bit twisted when it comes to MM. I'm not an experienced host so I'd make less errors in the WM. I can host MM with someone's help (bote or Linda)

more_horiz
I think Alissa and Linda would rather play.  I can help host Mini Mafia.  I believe I have enough of an understanding of it to help host.

more_horiz
I can help host too! I have hosted a bunch'a games IRL.

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
Wait, so is there a counterpart to Faervel's role?

I've seen Party host somewhere(Don't remember where) that had the same ability. Also I've seen a mafia version of it as well; I don't remember its name but it was a town role that when it died it caused the whole town to spend the next day in mourn and skipday.

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
I can help host too! I have hosted a bunch'a games IRL.

Actually ignore this I just noticed my midterms will be about to start by the time we get to day 2/3 in the game and I am not even sure if I can join the next game cause of game now that I think about it.

more_horiz
Then I'll help host.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply