Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+8
Linda-Senpai
DanelerH
faervel
MetaphysHunter
jjh927
TricMagic
Lux
Alisae
12 posters

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over) - Page 12 EmptyAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Player list:
1. LightYagami5
2. DanelerH
3. TricMagic
4. jjh927
5. faervel
6. Linda-Senpai
7. Pepchoninga
8. Debi MetaphysHunter*

Game rules:
1) All decisions come down to a democracy. The moderator gets 9 votes.
2) Please place your votes using the following code. While using bold tags to place your vote is okay, using the following would be prefered. Your vote will not get counted if it's not bolded.:

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

3) Lynches will occur when one player has received the majority of votes. You may post during the twilight period between the hammer and the closing of the thread.
4) If unsufficient votes are made on any player, or a majority of votes have been made to no lynch, no lynch will be made.
5) Nights will last 48 hours.
6) Do NOT quote any private communication from me, nor any mason, scum, neighbour, or anything topics that may or may not exist. You may paraphrase, just don't copy it wholesale.
7) You MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless your role specifically gives you the ability to do so. The acception to this is any neighboorhoods, Scum PT, or masonry PTs you are involved in. I really feel like I should not be bolding this acception but whatever
Cool Days will last 4 irl days, or until a lynch (or no lynch) has been decided on.
9) Blue (#0099ff) is my color. Refrain from using it.
10) In the tragic event I drop off the face of the earth, @Lux will take my place and he has no say in this Wink.
11) Death is final, but a single contentless "bah!" post will be permitted, just make sure it has no content in said post.
12) The rules can be arbitrarily changed/added to by one party (me) anytime I am feeling greedy and/or evil.
13) Players not use factional and individual actions simultaneously unless their role PM explicitly says otherwise.
14) This setup is non-bastard.
15) Be nice, and try to enjoy yourself. BTW I'll send prods every 24-48 hours. Something like that.
16) hahaha I totally stole this rules thingy from a friend.

Setup Information:
1) The setup is confirmed as having 6 Town-Aligned players and 2 Scum-Aligned players.
2) Flavour is independent of alignment. Alignments were randomized prior to setup design.

Konami Nerf plz (Alive Nerds) :

Got rekt by the banlist (Ded Nerds) :

Last edited by Alisae on Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:37 pm; edited 14 times in total

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over) - Page 12 EmptyRe: Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over)

more_horiz
?

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over) - Page 12 EmptyRe: Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over)

more_horiz
We honestly thought your flavour was honest because you did that thing twice and I pointed it out, but it was a different hand trap.

more_horiz
Oh yeah I forgot a thing town almost handled MYLO properly there until they lynched light.

more_horiz
And even then you don't quicklynch like that in MYLO/LYLO you consider EVERYTHING

more_horiz
Indeed. Although I did suspect you would slip up like this and end up putting Light on L-1 as a pressure thing. You don't pressure vote at MyLo, especially with 2 mafia and 4 to lynch. If 2 townies vote, then the mafia can jump on at the end. Heck, if 1 town votes, you can't count on a second not misplaying and voting.

Also, Alisae killed Sally. It wasn't the mafia.

more_horiz
I revealed as my card in-game... If I was lying about that, would I really be Honest.(One last time/this game anyway....: )

more_horiz
No I lied about the whole thing Sally was just a plushie.

more_horiz
Hahahahaha your best friend is a plushie and it's dead because you killed it

more_horiz
staaaaaaaaaaaaaaawp

more_horiz
Bind @jjh927
Get back to DJL!

Starlight Breaker!!!

more_horiz
Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over) - Page 12 Checkmate_by_xxbeatoushiromiyaxx-d5kzi7n

Checkmate! GG town XD, fun game.

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
Okay a LOT things I want to get out of the way.

DO NOT EVER NO LYNCH ON DAY 1
STOP WALLING
DO NOT CLAIM FOR NO REASON AND IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR ROLE PM ASK THE MOD DO NOT ASK THE PLAYERS AROUND YOU

Those are the major 3. Let's go over the first one first.
idc what your reasons are. Day 1 is not use it, Day 1 you try to get the pieces and then you put them together. No lynching denies this. You try to figure out who is genuine in their posting, who is trying to plant doubt, who's being oppertunistic towards certain lynches. This logic of going off of what PRs find in their results is dumb.

Here was the night actions for Night 1:
Dan jails Tric (Sucess)
Linda kills Dan. (Sucess)
Tric invests Meta (Fail)

What would you have learned? Nothing. "OH WELL, GUESS WE NO LYNCH AGAIN TO TRY TO LEARN SOMETHING?" STOP.
I would have policy lynched or hunted everyone on the no lynch wagon except Tric because their first post was a really brilliant crumb/soft.
For example hunting Linda on that wagon I would probably find out that's what Linda genuinely believed was the best play. I still would have lynched that slot becuase of other things they said Day 1, but not for hopping on the No Lynch wagon.
Meta or jj would be also okay lynches, but I would like to point out JJ got almost no pressure and it was hilarious.

--

Why walls are bad.
1. They induce apathy.
2. They basicly go in circles and lead nowhere while not having a direct arguement.
3. If you can structure your arguement, you can say it in a quick one or two sentences. If it's longer it's basicly counterproductive.
4. Majority of the time thoughts are being thrown out in a random mannor.
5. They are boring and mull over the same thing over and over again.

If you are going to wall make it so atleast
A. There is so mich information to convey that it cannot be done in a shorter post.
B. It's formatted so it's easy to read.

--

The last one is obvious and is directed towards Tric. THere were a lot of questions you should have just shot me a PM. This goes for anyone, if you need clearification on your role pm just as the mod who's modding the game they can help you out 9 times out of 10.

--

Town was never going to win this in a million years. Here is why:
Meta wasn't playing. Debi could have done things but if I was in this game I would have policy lynched Debi for retracting the claim. Reason being that Debi retracting the claim was scummy considering how genuinely Meta claimed, which was a sign of genuine newbtown frustration.

The way Light's Role worked was he was supposed to use it early on someone he TR'd. For example had he fused with faer, you now have a mod confirmed innocent child. If he had fused with Pep, Pep becomes confirmed town to Light. If Light had fused with Tric, Tric becomes a full cop. Light got a role pm that didn't suit a certain playstyle and thus that ruined town cohersion.

The Pep was obvtown from their first post. That lynch should have never happened except Pep thinking that his hood was a masonry instead of a hood and him treating everyone in his hood like confirmed town was dangerous.

And I really do not understand why anyone went after Tric.

jj and Linda essentailly got away with no pressure. Because of the hoods JJ was able to lurk and thus let the town tear itself apart.

--

Anyhow that's the end of my rant. I'm basicly really annoyed especially with Lux for not setting up Light and JJ's hood properly so I just said fucked it. I was thankful that Debi replaced in, and still am, but retracting the claim was a really bad idea. Besides that thanks for playing, I liked modding this towards the beginning but then it started getting annoying towards the end.

...In what way as Pep an 'obvtown'?

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Hello there ^^

Fuck off, we ain't doing no lynch like that!

Linda, care to explain your reasoning behind you skip day vote?
This is a post.
It is a townpost.
With town thoughts.
and town motivations.
Personally I don't see scum!Pep writing this post.
Yeah he has bad habbits like throwing uneeded shade onto people and not ever placing a vote, but this is still a townpost.
It reads as honest and genuine.

more_horiz
btw the PTs are out.

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:
Hello there ^^

This is a post.
It is a townpost.
With town thoughts.
and town motivations.
Yeah he has bad habbits like throwing uneeded shade onto people and not ever placing a vote, but this is still a townpost.

(Habit has one "b",unneeded has 2 "n"s)
You are judging by meta though....the reason you don't see scum peps writing this is cause you know scum peps' habits and stuff. Any scum role can be versus no-lynches for day1 and it has nothing to do with roles.

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
Alisae wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:
Hello there ^^

This is a post.
It is a townpost.
With town thoughts.
and town motivations.

You are judging by meta though....the reason you don't see scum peps writing this is cause you know scum peps' habits and stuff. Any scum role can be versus no-lynches for day1 and it has nothing to do with roles.

^This. Plus it's a lot easier to say someone was obvtown when you're the host, and you know they're town .-.

more_horiz
Personally, i also saw Pep as Town (yes, this was during Day 1 before I died).

more_horiz
Pep was obv town 

U dun fked it up

more_horiz
My reason was he said two would vouch. His biggest mistake was believing the mish-mash neighborhood was all town... And dan, what made you jail me anyway?

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
faervel wrote:
Alisae wrote:
Pepchoninga wrote:
Hello there ^^

This is a post.
It is a townpost.
With town thoughts.
and town motivations.

^This. Plus it's a lot easier to say someone was obvtown when you're the host, and you know they're town .-.
Yeah except Pep is the biggest lynchbait of all time and if he was scum he would have considered it.
It's not even the stance against no lynching here, because as scum that's easily fakeable. It's that he is genuinely interested in trying to figure out why people voted on the No Lynch wagon.

But okay, feel free to say I'm suffering from mod bias.
Whatever floats your bote.
Even Crimmy sees it :D

more_horiz
Most of our games always go the : "IM GONNA DETONATE SO DONT YOU DARE DO IT" route

Then someone whispers lol fam do et

Myself included ofc

more_horiz
Mainly had a problem in how he did it. Those contradictions made him a good target in my eyes. Since I got info out of his flip. Though Debi retracting the doc ruined us.

more_horiz
TricMagic wrote:
My reason was he said two would vouch. His biggest mistake was believing the mish-mash neighborhood was all town... And dan, what made you jail me anyway?

Technically, xe never said they would vouch for xem.  As for why I jailed you, I found you suspicious for reasons I already stated on Day 1.  I do see Alisae's viewpoint in which voting for Metaphys isn't cause for suspicion, but at the time you were my biggest scum-lean.  As such, I decided to use my action to prevent you from using yours.

more_horiz
Ok, as one of the player that actually has experienced in playing in actual mafia games (as little as it may be) I can tell you town was shit (including myself on Day 2). Trick was playing like a scum the whole time. Pushing with absolutely no arguments is nothing but bad scum play. Honestly playing like that as a town is really not good. Hopefully next game you'll do better. Light while I enjoyed you flattering me by saying you agree with everything you say you helped town in absolutely nothing. You were obviously passive and didn't even try to look for scum. Not using your power was very bad as well considering how useful for town it would be. Faer you were a very high mafia possibility in my eyes as well. You were mostly following the wagon and really wanted a quicklynch on me instead of trying to actually think on the situation. Unfortunately in mafia making someone see from the point of an innocent cornered town is as hard as hardness itself. Dan was a very high town prospects in my eyes but he was killed. 

Here I have to say good job to Linda and jj who handled the game very nicely. It was my mistake for AGAIN not giving enou though on what I knew on the set-up and that is what screwed me over. When I finally started really suspecting Linda on some of the bullshiting she was able to lynch me. Not even gonna touch on how shit this was. Jj was much more passive but made some smart posts overall. 

All in all the absence of Meta combined with some bad town performances (don't get offended people I still love you) cost us the game. Congrats to the host who made the game relatively enjoyable and pretty interesting too.

more_horiz
Btw, bote, RC isn't even that good at scumhunting...she just has the ability to make people do what she says. And she often has luck. Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! (Game Over) - Page 12 3974120512 

I really need to come over and start playing again.

more_horiz
Also people I was the most obvious town, even I can tell yo that after rereading everything. They wouldn't have lynched me, since it would be bad for scum's game plan so the better way was for me to get lynched. Unfortunately I am indeed a big lynchbait and people easily exploit that. Good town or people that have played with me get past it and the game becomes relatively more enjoyable. And as a matter of fact, bote knows my playing style, so even if he wasn't the host and we were both town he would know it was me town posting from the start.

more_horiz
Not sure what to say to that pep. Also you should read the grave posts. Dan Targeted me Night 1, so I never got the info that meta was town. Didn't help that no one told me I was jailed...

more_horiz
Pep, what I heard there is "I rely on meta-knowledge to not come off as suspicious and throw the game."

In other words, you are consistently bad and people who don't know that lynch you. You're bad at communicating. Communication is absolutely the issue here. Familiarity aids communication, but you need to be able to get across points in a way anyone can understand if you don't want them to be misinterpreted.

Here's the deal with "scumhunting". Most people here can't do it. You focus on posts and mistakes, when here at DA we're playing with a lot of new players prone to making mistakes and a few unjustifiably overconfident players who are blind to their own ones. You need to focus on votes. Actions. And if you can see it, there's another layer of manipulation going on. I spent a lot of this game lurking but communicating with Tric and Faerv in the Light hood. Whenever Faervel mentioned any kind of suspicions on me, I deflected to Tric. I then basically didn't take part in any votes except giving my opinion. Tric and Faerv did all the work for me, which added more suspicion to Tric because Faerv was confirmed town and Tric was doing all of the voting. I could keep quiet without being mobbed by town because 2 of them were essentially in my pocket, but if people had pressed me I'd have had to speak more. Nobody did. Dan probably would have, but we got him killed N1 because he would probably have been a major player as far as pressing people went.

So yeah, when I see you all complaining that "Town were playing like scum" I find it really funny. The reverse should always be true unless they're incompetent; scum should always be ostensibly playing like town. But you insist on trying to find "scummy" behaviour, that is, poor play that does not line up with your train of logic, despite knowing that half of the people in the game are inexperienced.

As an aside, I was certain Dan must have targeted Metaphys, not Tric. Tric was the least suspicious in day 1 IMO because he set up the whole no-lynch trap. Me and Linda dug our way out of it because we believe in the viability of no-lynch in day 1, but it was still a good trap for plenty of your playstyles.

more_horiz
From the Grave: DanelerH wrote:
What I don't understand is how Tric still doesn't realize the reason xe got No Report was because I targeted xem.  I was suspicious of xem and my ability was to prevent someone else from using theirs (and from being targeted).  Why wouldn't I target Tric?

here you go jj.

Also, can we get back to djl and wait for the next mafia game?

more_horiz
And dan, I had never played a game of mafia in my life, How was I supposed to no that it was that and not ascetic. I mean, that was on your role.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply