Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia PT!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
4 posters

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia PT! EmptyAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia PT!

more_horiz
Ojama King
✪✪✪✪✪✪/Light
Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia PT! 2953
Beast/Fusion/Mafia/Effect

Welcome jjh927! You are Ojama King; a 1-shot Roleblocker Neighbor aligned with the mafia!
(1) (Mafia): You and your BFF Linda-Senpai are the mafia!
(2) (Daytalk): You have a PT that will be unlocked at all times. You can find said PT here (Well you're here so...)
(3) (Factional Kill): Each night you can decide between which one of you two preforms the kill for the night.
(4) (1-shot Roleblocker): You may target one player per night phase. That player will not preform their night action for that night. This ability can only be used once.
(5) (Light Neighbor): You are apart of a neighborhood where you can discuss the game among other people! You can find said topic here (URL to be added later)

You win when the mafia controls 50% of the votes.
Confirm by sending me your rolename and your alignment!

------------------------------------

Deskbot 004
✪✪✪✪/Earth
Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia PT! PeMFUkC
Machine/Mafia/Effect

Welcome Linda-Senpai! You are Deskbot 004; a 1-shot Strongman Neighbor aligned with the mafia!
(1) (Mafia): You and your BFF jjh927 are the mafia!
(2) (Daytalk): You have a PT that will be unlocked at all times. You can find said PT here (Well you're here so...)
(3) (Factional Kill): Each night you can decide between which one of you two preforms the kill for the night.
(4) (1-shot Strongman): If you preform the factional kill, you may add a Strongman modifier to it. Upon doing so, your kill cannot be stopped by any means. This ability can only be used once.
(5) (Mish Mash Neighbor): You are apart of a neighborhood where you can discuss the game among other people! You can find said topic here (URL to be added later)

You win when the mafia controls 50% of the votes.
Confirm by sending me your rolename and your alignment!

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia PT! EmptyRe: Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia PT!

more_horiz
Oh yeah btw during the night, I'm just getting this out of the way now.

It will be really helpful if whoever decided to use the factional kill was like.
X player kills Nerd Y
or
X player strongmans Nerd Y
or
X player Roleblocks Nerd Y

That way I know who is doing what and who is preforming the kill thanks.
Hint: Use your daytalk since you have it avalable.

more_horiz
@jjh927
@Linda-Senpai

-||- if you are being able to see this thread.

more_horiz
This is a night chat only, correct? Also I can see it.

more_horiz
No jj.
in your Role pm it says you have daytalk.
READ YOUR ROLE PM.

more_horiz
Yeah but this thread is in the night chat section so I was a tad confused.

more_horiz
JJ it lies.
Your Role pm tells truth.
If it was night only I would have locked it by now.

more_horiz
Senpai in da house

more_horiz
Faerv, you might want to double check your meta analysis there. I stand by the logic in my earlier post, and you may want to consider my behaviour in my first few posts of the last game if you really want something to compare my behaviour to. There's a huge information disparity between what we know in day 1 and what we know in day 2, so I don't think it's worth risking anything.

Dan, I feel that just in the people voting to skip and opposing it we should have everybody post at least once or twice. That's enough for investigative roles to choose what they're doing if you ask me, and considering we naturally find bad play suspicious and there's a lot of us prone to slipping up whether we're town or scum, I don't think extending the day is worth it. If anything, it just makes the bad players more likely to be the ones investigated as they'll be the ones fucking up throughout.

Pep, accusing Alisae was a joke regardless of whether Alisae is the host or not, you cannot exclude them from the list of suspects. My experience of mafia is rooted firmly in SC2 mafia, which I played a lot during its prime.

more_horiz
Whoops, posted in wrong chat. That could have been awkward. I clicked away like 3 times tbf and had gotten used to losing it

more_horiz
I mean, while it's there and I can triple post, is there anything glaring that I need to fix with that? I am slightly worried I might end up posting a reply to the mafia chat in the regular one, and that would be very very bad, so I'm not going to do it. I swear.

more_horiz
Fun fact: On MS when you're in a private topic thread the skin of the forum changes.
Yeah, I like to chat a lot. Don't mind me.

more_horiz
Man, what the hell is up with people wanting to lynch on Day 1 here? Where I come from, you confirm you got your role then skip day on day 1, nothing more or less. Maybe because DA mafia games are like 5 times smaller or something, i dunno.

more_horiz
Me too. I think it's probably because recent games of mafia here have had quite a few citizens, which reduces the information disparity between day 1 and 2. Because it's not worth relying on the power roles to win the game when there's less of them than scum, you are probably inclined to lynch in day 1.

However, with role madness, it's absolutely stupid to lynch in day 1, so they can all fuck right off.

Perhaps make a slight push on pep? Ask why he wants to lynch in day 1. I don't want to link the two of us, but pep seems to be unnecessarily aggressive and unjustified in his belittling.

more_horiz
Btw, what's your neighbourhood like and who is in it? I've got Tric and Faervel in mine. We're colluding on things. I think Tric is townreading me, while I'm fairly sure Faerv is nullreading.

more_horiz
I havent a clue what you mean by neither role madness nor neighborhood

more_horiz
Hi! I'm your mod! I'm clearifying the hoods,
jj: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49542-alisae-s-ygo-upick-mafia-light-hood
Linda: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49543-alisae-s-ygo-upick-mafia-mish-mash-hood#526040

more_horiz
So yeah, Linda - Who's in your neighbourhood? And how is it going?

more_horiz
Pep and Metaphys. Nothing is going in there.

more_horiz
Damn, that's a pretty shit neighbourhood then.

Having Tric and Faer is proving to be extremely useful. They're competent players but it's an extra layer of manipulation here.

Tric has an ability that has something to do with odd days and even days, and is a light monster. Just so you know.

Anyhow, Tric thinks Pep is either protecting you or Meta, or throwing suspicion on one of you. Which is a little conflicting, but basically, Pep is being a dumbass and it's possible we might be able to see him lynched without putting any votes in ourselves.

My current analysis:
Pep: Shit at game. Lacks self-awareness. Nonsensical.
Light: Shit at game. Believes is not shit at game.
Faervel: Fairly good at game. Analytical. Explains reasoning.
Dan: Good at game. Difficult to read. Strong first NK target.
Metaphys: Pretty much AFK. Shit at game.
Tric: Fairly good at game. Probably townreads me. Easily manipulated?

So, when we get to nightkills, I would suggest hitting either Dan or Faerv, even though Faerv is in my hood. The only issue with that is that I'm thinking a lot of people are townreading Faerv and his role being revealed might make him a doctor target, if there is one. So, I'd be in favour of killing Dan later. It is worth seeing how things pan out, however.

Tomorrow, town will be at 5-2, if we get a kill. If I can keep Tric under wraps, and Metaphys continues to lurk, then town won't have enough people to get a vote without our say. However, we do want to play this carefully. Thoughts?

more_horiz
Oh, also, that means we probably have Dan and Light by themselves in a neighbourhood. They've basically got a private chat.

more_horiz
@Alisae Does the rule about copypasting communication in private chats verbatim apply to copying things into this chat? I would like to copy Linda in on something Tric just said in our neighbourhood.

more_horiz
hmmmmmmmmmm I don't think I can allow that ;~;. Do your best to paraphrase tho because that is allowed. I know in one game we used code like "Pony" to refer to a hood with person X and person Y. That's just an example.

more_horiz
What exactly do you mean? How much do I have to paraphrase? I essentially want to share information and I figured the point of the rule is to make it less trustworthy information. There is no reason for me to lie and me and Linda should trust each other completely regardless, so yeah.

more_horiz
I just don't want you quoting verbatim if that makes sense. Like saying it word for word. Am I making sense?

more_horiz
Okay then.

Tric just made a post in the neighbourhood outlining his reads and analysis of everyone in the game.

In order from strongest town reads to scum reads, he believes:
-Faervel to be essentially confirmed town,
-Me to be the next most trustworthy,
-You next, noting that you do want to skip but haven't really behaved in a scummy way,
-DanelerH in the middle, with him not having any real alliances and questioning a lot of people,
-Pep as a minor scumlean, because he's been all over the place accusing people and bullshitting,
-Metaphys is a lurker and very suspicious. He's actually scared of what Meta's ability might be, suggesting it might be a double kill. Damn I wish we had that. This is something we can play with on day 2.
-Lightyagami is the strongest scumread, acting very strange and posting loads of confusing crap.

I think this is great.

On another note, if either Faervel or Tric make a push on you, I believe they will be fishing for reactions, not making a serious attack.

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
Damn, that's a pretty shit neighbourhood then.

Having Tric and Faer is proving to be extremely useful. They're competent players but it's an extra layer of manipulation here.

Tric has an ability that has something to do with odd days and even days, and is a light monster. Just so you know.

Anyhow, Tric thinks Pep is either protecting you or Meta, or throwing suspicion on one of you. Which is a little conflicting, but basically, Pep is being a dumbass and it's possible we might be able to see him lynched without putting any votes in ourselves.

My current analysis:
Pep: Shit at game. Lacks self-awareness. Nonsensical.
Light: Shit at game. Believes is not shit at game.
Faervel: Fairly good at game. Analytical. Explains reasoning.
Dan: Good at game. Difficult to read. Strong first NK target.
Metaphys: Pretty much AFK. Shit at game.
Tric: Fairly good at game. Probably townreads me. Easily manipulated?

So, when we get to nightkills, I would suggest hitting either Dan or Faerv, even though Faerv is in my hood. The only issue with that is that I'm thinking a lot of people are townreading Faerv and his role being revealed might make him a doctor target, if there is one. So, I'd be in favour of killing Dan later. It is worth seeing how things pan out, however.

Tomorrow, town will be at 5-2, if we get a kill. If I can keep Tric under wraps, and Metaphys continues to lurk, then town won't have enough people to get a vote without our say. However, we do want to play this carefully. Thoughts?

I kinda feel like he wants to get me out of the game due to all my previous experience. I fear he's going to target me if he has a night action, so I think he should be role blocked. As for the kill, I'm fine with killing Dan or Faerv. Faerv I think would be better.

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
@Alisae Does the rule about copypasting communication in private chats verbatim apply to copying things into this chat? I would like to copy Linda in on something Tric just said in our neighbourhood.

The no C/P PM rule always applies to night chats as well. You can never C/P a PM.

more_horiz
I only have one shot of roleblock, so I'd prefer not to use it on night 1. ESPECIALLY since roleblocker is the kind of role I can claim as town. Who is it you want me to roleblock, anyway? It's a little ambiguous as you don't say any names.

I would definitely prefer killing Dan atm. I feel it is likely that Faerv is going to be doctored tonight, because he's the strongest townread in general.

more_horiz
So, let's say we kill Dan. We're 2-5. What then? I would suggest we get a lynch going on Light, but do so by manipulation without actually voting. We need to have its momentum started and pushed forward by others. I reckon I can get that done in the light neighbourhood. Let's say he gets checked by an investigative role, and that is likely because he's behaving the most suspicious, then that investigator will probably come forward to say he's innocent. You have your strongman kill for that. Under those circumstances, we get a vote on either Pep or Metaphys, preferably Pep because I would much rather bring Metaphys to MyLo- he is predictably absent, rather than unpredictably shit. In the case where we just get light lynched, I would say we kill Faervel in the night, again with your strongman ability because it would bring us into MyLo with the ever absent Metaphys as one of the 3 town who need to vote for one of us, with the other two being Tric and Pep. Honestly, provided Tric isn't investigative and we don't get caught out by another investigator role, I am of the opinion I could convince him to lynch Pep or Metaphys really easily.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply