Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! Light Hood

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+2
Lux
Alisae
6 posters

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! Light Hood - Page 4 EmptyAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! Light Hood

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

If you are apart of this hood, you may talk about the game here.

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! Light Hood - Page 4 EmptyRe: Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! Light Hood

more_horiz
Ostensibly, yeah, but he just put us in an absolutely shitty position.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

Of the list of fallacies that appeal to emotion encompasses courtesy of that wikipedia link, we have appeal to consequences and appeal to pity.

I cannot take Metaphys' claim to be necessarily true due to the circumstances under which it has happened. We're playing a game of deception, not a game of mental health. Had he revealed under more normal circumstances, or perhaps even NOT revealed and just spoken a little as we had suggested, town would be in a better position to trust him. Had he not just revealed as doctor, town would be in a better position overall. I do not think he would have been attacked by the mafia at all for the same reason I didn't think mafia would investigate him.

So he's not town confirmed, and don't let emotion affect your decision making process here because it's manipulable and this entire game is about manipulations. I must say, however, before the reveal I considered him as a nullread, being either a bad town or mafia. My read here has not changed.

descriptionAlisae's YGO uPick Mafia! Light Hood - Page 4 EmptyRe: Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! Light Hood

more_horiz
If I hadn't seen this happen before I would agree with you. but how pep (flips?) will tell me whether to go after him or light. I'll let majority speak for today, tomorrow(irl), I'll vote for him if it heads that way. Appears a mafia chat is going in discord between him and dan though,///right, he does know that discord records all conversations right. Set an emotion vs logic appeal for me, will you jj, at vote time.

more_horiz
We definitely need to lynch someone before the day ends. That much is unquestionable, because otherwise it basically wastes Faer's all night party and squanders a good chance of winning.

The question is- who will we actually vote when it comes to it? I am personally in favour of lynching Pep today. Do we want to coordinate this so we don't start splitting our votes again? Technically, Meta is still voting for Pep, which means that the 3 of us could hammer him if, and only if, we deem it the best course of action. He will likely put up an actual defence when someone expresses intent to hammer, and that will require evaluation based on its strength and the amount of time left.

more_horiz
Well, this is about it, Next Day, here we come.
@jjh927 - @faervel

Anything we should talk about in the twilight hours?

more_horiz
I am willing to lock the vote atm.(+not sure if I can come on tomorrow...IRL days speaking)

more_horiz
Just noticed linda might have been trying to drag us along on a bandwagon. given the number of game she's played, as well as her arguments with pep earlier, I would rather not vote for light today. If peps truly is town though and jj votes light then pep could lock the lynch, and jj has a good lock target.

more_horiz
TricMagic wrote:
Just noticed linda might have been trying to drag us along on a bandwagon. given the number of game she's played, as well as her arguments with pep earlier, I would rather not vote for light today. If peps truly is town though and jj votes light then pep could lock the lynch, and jj has a good lock target.

Tbh if we're going to doubt our current townleans I'm willing to do that for jj as well :3
I mean he HAS played as much games as Linda AFAIK AND he role-revealed after seeing Dan's role&yours so it shouldn't have been hard for him to fake his role. :3

But that's just a possibility I am not willing to pursue...for now. *wink *wink

I find Linda's stance on this case pretty town-like.

more_horiz
If pep did flip town, I would probably be wary of her. Doesn't mean I wouldn't go after light though. Still need to reevaluate everything after this lynch.

more_horiz
It looks like I'm too late to join in on the discussion in the main topic. I was making a post and Alisae locked the thread.

You understand that if Pep is town, and we are all town, then that leaves Metaphys, Light and Linda? If we accept Metaphys as town, then Light and Linda would be the mafia pair by process of elimination. So why is Linda trying to get Light lynched? This implies to me immediately that they're not a pair, which means one of two things- we were right about Pep, or 1 of our townreads is wrong.

more_horiz
Oh, never mind, Ali got onto that pretty quick.

What the fuck? Pep picked a normal fusion monster. He had no ability. I guess now we know why he didn't reveal? (We probably wouldn't have believed him)

more_horiz
Wonder how long till linda responds to that.
Hua... I'm still in the same position as yesterday. Just a different target.

Meta | Linda | Light

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
Oh, never mind, Ali got onto that pretty quick.

What the fuck? Pep picked a normal fusion monster. He had no ability. I guess now we know why he didn't reveal? (We probably wouldn't have believed him)

I would believe him...but whatever.

My mafia guesses are you&Light at the moment.(With Linda&Tric being 2nd priorities.)

more_horiz
By the way, Tric, for god's sake could you stop revealing that I'm a roleblocker? I think it's common knowledge now but there was good reason I hadn't publicly revealed and you just outed me twice. You've basically just forced me to use my NK immunity regardless of what happens next night.

more_horiz
..... Vote: jjh927

I need my Coke/Zero... Thought you had posted that in the main thread. I never revealed your NK Immunity, and if linda can give faer another party, with the doc protecting her, that will confirm linda as town. Tommorow is L-3, so if we survive, that means light is the mafia. Reasoning is all over the place isn't it; If faer dies, that marks meta's doc claim as false. If meta dies that marks you and light as mafia, if faer gets another party. if light dies that marks you and me as mafia, if faer gets a party. You can't die with NK Immunity. If I die.. I do make a good target, but that means your chances of hitting mafia is higher. And linda give faer a party, confirming her as town. And if linda dies, my investigation goes smoothly, granting us info.
@alisae
Would we get the party if linda died?

If light is not going to give up his role, That marks him as a likely mafia.
And if meta's doc role let's him protect two at the same time... Given that no one else seems to want a skip, there's probably no Double Killer in mafia, thankfully.

Last edited by TricMagic on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
I don't think you get it. It's pretty bad practice to reveal someone else's role to all of their scumreads. What have you gained from it? Linda has definitely picked up on it or she'd have asked my role. Light probably hasn't picked up on it because he's oblivious.

It's a meaningless slip, unless you're trying to communicate to the mafia. Shit, this would be the best way to communicate my role to the mafia under the circumstances, because you've missed out on a night to communicate. You have just skyrocketed in my suspicions, Tric. Light voting me after that makes it quite possible to me that you're the two scum.

more_horiz
Going roleplaying for 4 hours, because it's thursday. Figured it may be quite important for me to tell you this.

more_horiz
sorry, for the miss jj. check the edit above.
That's my reasoning behind this plan, there and here.
Skipping the day lets us know if linda/shopper or meta/doc claim is actually town.
Also unlikely that mafia has a ss role with shopper capable of revealing them.

more_horiz
Choose a player, if you die they die... really, that's the best he can come up with. Sounds closer to a mafia power role to sacrifice at lynch to take down another. I'm willing to aim at light now. Since we skipped the night he's vulnerable. If he keeps up wanting to lynch today that makes him a mafia.

more_horiz
You're on to something with the skip day. I will say here that I am willing to skip, but not vote yet in order that we gain more information regarding who else is willing to skip.

more_horiz
Agreed,
it's L4 today as well, I believe. Which means we can't progress anyway until meta's replacement comes in.
My read for Light is mafia, given what he said his role was. Sounds like he doesn't have the exact role name.
Still, definitely best to wait to see who does vote to skip early on.

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
By the way, Tric, for god's sake could you stop revealing that I'm a roleblocker? I think it's common knowledge now but there was good reason I hadn't publicly revealed and you just outed me twice. You've basically just forced me to use my NK immunity regardless of what happens next night.

Was gonna mention this as well. I think I changed my mafia suspect from jj to Tric just from this alone...

more_horiz
Oh wait game is on hold was I even allowed to write this? w/e I look for a replacement myself as well.

more_horiz
You're allowed to play in here btw.

more_horiz
How strong is this roleblock anyway? Can you block nightkills?

more_horiz
I meant that that was my first time running into that role, first time playing mafia/When I targeted Meta,(Now Debi) I got back this/
\-No_Result

If I would receive a roleblocked pm if I was roleblocked, I take that to mean ascetic would give back that result.
Also I did ask what I would receive, and never seemed to get the answer. I am only able to find out the alignment of others.

more_horiz
why tf can i see this

more_horiz
Chats have become public.. By the way.., META, Why is it you don't have anything to chat about in yours...
Hua... alisae said that you needed to have time to play, but you didn't even send in a night action.

more_horiz
Also, get out of our chat!(Kicks meta off a cliff, from a floating Castle)

more_horiz
TricMagic wrote:
Also, get out of our chat!(Kicks meta off a cliff, from a floating Castle)

Oooh I like floating castles!

more_horiz
Here's a pic.
Alisae's YGO uPick Mafia! Light Hood - Page 4 300?cb=20150918234805 It's large enough to host Trisula

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply