Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Mini Mafia 2.5 (Mafia+Neutrals win!)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+10
hazmah
username290
Omega Ophion
YAMI MOTO#1
CrimsonOverlord
faervel
DanelerH
Lux
Kandy.JPEG
Linda-Senpai
14 posters

descriptionDA Mini Mafia 2.5 (Mafia+Neutrals win!)  - Page 2 EmptyDA Mini Mafia 2.5 (Mafia+Neutrals win!)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

DA Mini Mafia #2.5

What is Mini Mafia?

Spoiler :

Roles

PLEASE BE SURE TO READ OVER EVERY ROLE! THERE'S A TON OF NEW ROLES AND PLENTY OF ROLES ARE DIFFERENT HERE THAN IN WOLF MAFIA!

Town
Spoiler :

Mafia
Spoiler :

Evil Neutrals
Spoiler :

Benign Neutrals
Spoiler :

Order of Operations

This is the order night actions take place in

1. Jailor jails target
2. Night chats open up
3. Commuter leaves Town
4. Veteran goes on alert
5. Dancers block
6. Crier cries
7. Witch witches
8. Bus Driver/Kidnapper switch targets
9. Watcher/Stalker sets up
10. Survivor uses vest
11. Bodyguard guards
12. Spree Killer sets up
13. Jailor/Executioner executes
14. All other kills
15. Doctor saves
16. Framing
17. Auditor
18. Investigations (sheriff, executioner, watcher, etc.)
19. Cleaning
20. Gunsmith hands out gun
21. Coroner
22. Graverobbing
23. Thievery
24. Cult recruit
25. Mason recruit
26. Amnesiac chooses role
27. Student chooses mentor
28. Cult Suicides

BEFORE SIGNING UP, PLEASE ASK YOURSELF "Do I have enough time to actively post during the day phase, at least three times a day, and submit my night action ever night?" If the answer is no, you might want to sit this game out or sign up as a reserve.

1. Mr.Kandy
2. Lux
3. ZeroPassion
4. CrimsonOverlord
5. faervel
6. Omega Ophion
7. hazmah
8. DanelerH
9. Debi
10. DMK

Reserves:
1. faervel
2. username290
3. ZeroPassion

I will take any number of sign ups with two as the bare minimum. Signups will end on 7/26/16

Prizes

Winners get 1500 DP.

Last edited by Linda-Senpai on Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:44 pm; edited 22 times in total

descriptionDA Mini Mafia 2.5 (Mafia+Neutrals win!)  - Page 2 EmptyRe: DA Mini Mafia 2.5 (Mafia+Neutrals win!)

more_horiz
Well, I do agree that it's kinda stupid. 

I'm not in to repeat the same thing over and over again too DA Mini Mafia 2.5 (Mafia+Neutrals win!)  - Page 2 3974120512 

But we may try some general discussion right? 

So well, it seems like we have 6 town, 2 mafia and 2 neutrals. That seems pretty fair. I'm curious to see how town's two hidden roles will play out.

And good luck to you all ^^

descriptionDA Mini Mafia 2.5 (Mafia+Neutrals win!)  - Page 2 EmptyRe: DA Mini Mafia 2.5 (Mafia+Neutrals win!)

more_horiz
First of all, I want to get something straight. Me voting someone =/= me thinking they're suspicious. It CAN mean that, but it can also mean that I'm just pushing for a reaction.

Now that has been settled, let this game go on.

more_horiz
Regarding potential roles, the size of the game makes me think the Evil Neutral is probably a Witch, Serial Killer, or Auditor.  Due to the improbability of there being a Cult Leader, Town probably doesn't have a Mason Leader.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Regarding potential roles, the size of the game makes me think the Evil Neutral is probably a Witch, Serial Killer, or Auditor.  Due to the improbability of there being a Cult Leader, Town probably doesn't have a Mason Leader.

Serial Killer in a 10 man game?
Nope
/Vote DanelerH

more_horiz
Serial Killer is basically the Wolf that we had in our first several games.  Granted, it wasn't Mini Mafia, so we didn't have all the roles.  I didn't factor that in when I was listing potential roles.

more_horiz
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE, I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM EVERYONE THAT VOTING SOMEONE TO PUSH A REACTION OUT OF THEM IS CALLED "PRESSURE VOTING"

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Serial Killer is basically the Wolf that we had in our first several games.  Granted, it wasn't Mini Mafia, so we didn't have all the roles.  I didn't factor that in when I was listing potential roles.

Yes but the main difference between Wolf Mafia we played and this mini mafia is that in wolf mafia games we played there was only one neutral (Wolf) and Mafia didn't have any hidden roles to fear.

more_horiz
God damn it game, I had a 3 para post and you deleted it. FFS

more_horiz
That's why I type long posts in a text document first, then just copy it over.  It decreases the likelihood of losing it.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:

DanelerH wrote:

Iirc this is your third game of mini Mafia. How could you not "factor" it in? You're just recessing at this point, which is scummy.

Second of all, you recognize that SK is unlikely, however not Auditor? Auditor has maximum 3 targets. And you can't use your wolf argument anymore.

By posting what you posted all you do is "seem" like you're contributing but not actually progressing game. In fact in a sense you are stagnating the game as you are posting things that are just... wrong or obvious.

more_horiz
hazmah wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

DanelerH wrote:

Iirc this is your third game of mini Mafia. How could you not "factor" it in? You're just recessing at this point, which is scummy.

Second of all, you recognize that SK is unlikely, however not Auditor? Auditor has maximum 3 targets. And you can't use your wolf argument anymore.

By posting what you posted all you do is "seem" like you're contributing but not actually progressing game. In fact in a sense you are stagnating the game as you are posting things that are just... wrong or obvious.

Technically, it's only the second, since Mini Mafia 2 was cancelled.  Regardless, I should have factored it in, but it still seems a bit more likely to me than something like Spree Killer or Cult Leader.  The Auditor is similar in that it also seems more likely than the former two.  This is just be my opinion and it could be wrong.  Also, while some things are obvious to some people, they aren't as obvious to others.  Due to this, I felt it was worth saying.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
hazmah wrote:
DanelerH wrote:

DanelerH wrote:

Technically, it's only the second, since Mini Mafia 2 was cancelled.  Regardless, I should have factored it in, but it still seems a bit more likely to me than something like Spree Killer or Cult Leader.  The Auditor is similar in that it also seems more likely than the former two.  This is just be my opinion and it could be wrong.  Also, while some things are obvious to some people, they aren't as obvious to others.  Due to this, I felt it was worth saying.

Three separate games, three times to read the roles. Three situations where you interacted with the abilities.

How do you feel that SK is better than spree. Spree isn't even that good. It's highly reliant on if you can predict who visits who, and while it is better in the lategame, it just sucks at the beginning (unless you get lucky or town fucks up). 
Auditor (to me) is less likely than spree, and probably on equal grounds with the cult leader, considering cult is around 5/8 while auditor is probably around 3/8 but cult has a disadvantage in that it's heavily reliant on the leader AND doctor can prevent it. 

Anyway, the point I'm trying to get across is that both of them are unlikely, and the host will probably decide to go neither. He'll probably settle with witch, and that's that. By having the two other options all you're doing is potentially confusing town.

Though, with your reaction I will admit that you appear town. Don't like that calm facade though. Makes it harder to read whether you're town or mafia.

more_horiz
I think if we keep talking o the first day the same thing is going to happen as last time and people will lynch sombody for a typo or somthing else stupid so I will just skip.
/skipday

more_horiz
To be clear, how long is day one exactly? I'm sure I could find it somewhere but I'm a bit lazy

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
To be clear, how long is day one exactly? I'm sure I could find it somewhere but I'm a bit lazy

Tonight 1:30 AM on GMT+0 timezone.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
ALL ROLES HAVE BEEN HANDED OUT, DAY 1 HAS BEGUN! IT WILL END ON 7/27/16 AT 5:30 PM (MY TIME, 24 HOURS FROM NOW), OR ONCE SKIPPED! 6 VOTES TO SKIP TODAY!

This is just for Day 1.  The length of Day 2 will be explained after Night 1.

more_horiz
Well if anyone has something unexpected or something that could progress this Day 1 this would be the moment...

It doesn't matter too much if we skipday because the difference skipday would give us would be 2 to 4 hours considering timings when Linda arrives.

more_horiz
/skipdayerino

more_horiz
Day 1 is as relevant as knowing what everyone had for breakfast today. I had cereal btw

/skipday

more_horiz
Lol well then.

/skipday

One more vote to skipday.

more_horiz
Shocked
/vote Omega Ophion

more_horiz
Reaction votes will get nowhere unless majority votes on that person, which atm i see no reason as to why they would. I understand the tactic, it's just kinda idle now

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Reaction votes will get nowhere unless majority votes on that person, which atm i see no reason as to why they would. I understand the tactic, it's just kinda idle now

DA Mini Mafia 2.5 (Mafia+Neutrals win!)  - Page 2 1144978906

I mean, I know salt is what deters you people, however this post really annoys me. So let's just address it.

I (and not trying to toot my own horn but you won't understand until I give an example) SINGLE-HANDEDLY realised who was scum in that one game because of reactions. Did anyone else do anything to help? No, you people did jack all. And yes, you may say that the cop helped me realise Lux was wolf, however if you re-read I already knew Lux was scum.

And if you people get triggered from this post... smh.

more_horiz
Yeah whatever you say. Im saying provocative lynches are good and ofc  a common tactic, but not on day 1 . Prove me wrong if you will. No one is salty here btw, we all resolved the issue from last game, anyway back to this. Unless you lead a reasonable bandwaggon day 1 the pressure voting wont do you any good.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Yeah whatever you say. Im saying provocative lynches are good and ofc  a common tactic, but not on day 1 . Prove me wrong if you will. No one is salty here btw, we all resolved the issue from last game, anyway back to this. Unless you lead a reasonable bandwaggon day 1 the pressure voting wont do you any good.

AND WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IT BEING DAY 1 AND DAY 2?

No difference. Absolutely nothing, especially in the game. It told me essentially ZIT, NIL, shit all, ZERO. I don't know how you don't realise that.

You are basically saying "don't lynch day 1 because it's day 1." You realise the stupidity and idiocy of that statement?

more_horiz
Hazmah, he is not saying that, last time i said "lynchging on day 1 is highly profitable for mafia, no one listened "WHY WOULD MAFIA LYNCH ON DAY 1" Why? becouse its easy to get a random lynch and if they start it, so yeah, last time no one believed me and Zero was mafia indeed, he was trying to lynch anyone he didnt care who.

So yeah, if you want me to tell you why i would be suspecting you right now? same reason i suspected zero, if i was mafia i would be trying to do exactly what you are doing, force a random lynch on someone you know who isnt yours, its a win win, worst case scenario? no one follows you, best case? you get a free kill.

Now if indeed you are not mafia, there are 2 options, you are voting someone randomly who is mafia and you wont get any follows, if you target someone random who isnt mafia, mafia players will follow your lynch

/lynch hazmah

more_horiz
Drunkion wrote:
Hazmah, he is not saying that, last time i said "lynchging on day 1 is highly profitable for mafia, no one listened "WHY WOULD MAFIA LYNCH ON DAY 1" Why? becouse its easy to get a random lynch and if they start it, so yeah, last time no one believed me and Zero was mafia indeed, he was trying to lynch anyone he didnt care who.

So yeah, if you want me to tell you why i would be suspecting you right now? same reason i suspected zero, if i was mafia i would be trying to do exactly what you are doing, force a random lynch on someone you know who isnt yours, its a win win, worst case scenario? no one follows you, best case? you get a free kill.

Now if indeed you are not mafia, there are 2 options, you are voting someone randomly who is mafia and you wont get any follows, if you target someone random who isnt mafia, mafia players will follow your lynch

/lynch hazmah

The thing is lynches progress the game. EVEN if you lynch town, it's not as bad as you think. For example, let's say I push idk fucking Linda. Linda flips town, now from that you can derive whether you believe it was Town vs Town or Scum vs Town. You also can deduce who supported me, who went against me etc.

I mean, I can understand the immediate mindset from eveyrone that lynching town = Bad, however think long-term rather than short.

Also, I've been pushing this agenda for SEVERAL games/weeks. How is it that I'm scummy because of that?

/Unlynch
/Lynch Drunkion 

more_horiz
If ur so set on the sacrifical pawn mentality why dont you offer yourself up? It's because you are mafia and cannot risk such a thing especially this early.

/lynch hazmah

Let's hear what the others say about your behavior

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
If ur so set on the sacrifical pawn mentality why dont you offer yourself up? It's because you are mafia and cannot risk such a thing especially this early.

/lynch hazmah

Let's hear what the others say about your behavior

If you find someone scummy, you lynch them. But EVEN if they show town then you're gaining information. 

As for the death thing, fine.

Lynch me, and then you will see that crimson and drunkion are scum/anti-town.

more_horiz
I still think that lynching this early on the game is generally stupid unless you really have an arguments for it. Hazmah has been playing this aggresive for few games already and it's not unusual already that he lynchs to see the reaction. 

Both lynches on fark and hazmah are just stupid and argumentless. I'm curious would you lynch hazmah first Crims. You kinda bandwaggoned? 

Nevertheless, I doubt none of the lynches will get locked in these 3 hours >.<

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply