Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Our Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over]

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+13
faervel
Debi
Olethros
TricMagic
skeletronlord
Linda-Senpai
EchoVision
jjh927
vequest
Bladecharge
Wingshine
DanelerH
Alisae
17 posters

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over] - Page 29 EmptyOur Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over]

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Player list:
1. kyosuke kiryu
2. faervel
3. vequest The Brodie (Lux's Alt)
4. DanelerH
5. CrimsonOverlord skeletronlord
6. jjh927
7. Debi
8. Wingshine
9. Linda-Senpai
10. TricMagic
11. Olethros
12. Bladecharge
13. EchoVision

Game rules:
1) All decisions come down to a democracy. The moderator gets 14 votes.
2) Please place your votes using the following code. While using bold tags to place your vote is okay, using the following would be prefered. Your vote will not get counted if it's not bolded.:

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

3) Lynches will occur when one player has received the majority of votes. You may post during the twilight period between the hammer and the closing of the thread.
4) If unsufficient votes are made on any player, or a majority of votes have been made to no lynch, no lynch will be made.
5) Nights will last 48 hours.
6) Do NOT quote any private communication from me, nor any mason, scum, neighbour, or anything topics that may or may not exist. You may paraphrase, just don't copy it wholesale.
7) You MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless your role specifically gives you the ability to do so. The acception to this is any neighboorhoods, Scum PT, or masonry PTs you are involved in. I really feel like I should not be bolding this acception but whatever
Cool Days will last 7 irl days, or until a lynch (or no lynch) has been decided on.
9) Blue (#0099ff) is my color. Refrain from using it.
10) In the tragic event I drop off the face of the earth, @Nightbot will take my place and he has no say in this Wink.
11) Death is final, but a single contentless "bah!" post will be permitted, just make sure it has no content in said post.
12) The rules can be arbitrarily changed/added to by one party (me) anytime I am feeling greedy and/or evil.
13) Players not use factional and individual actions simultaneously unless their role PM explicitly says otherwise.
14) This setup is non-bastard.
15) Be nice, and try to enjoy yourself. BTW I'll send prods every 48 hours. Something like that.
16) Prod rules will be extremely strict. If you are going V/LA either inform me or put up V/LA flags. I will be very quick to replace for inactivity.
17) This setup will be reviewed.
18) hahaha I totally stole this rules thingy from a friend.

Setup Information:
1) The setup is confirmed as having 10 Town-Aligned players and 2 Scum-Aligned players. The 13th player's alignment may be {Town, Scum, Serial Killer}. Traitors and similar count as scum.
2) Alignments were randomized independent on picks. Flavour is not alignment indicative.
3) Only one pick is required but you can send three to make my life easier if you want.
4) From the day the game fills you have 2 days to send in a pick. Failure to do so and I will pick for you.
5) The game will be non-bastard and role madness.

Alive (7/13) :

Dead (6/13) :

Part 1: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49851-our-lost-pieces-part-i-d1
Part 2: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49938-our-lost-pieces-part-ii-d1

Last edited by Alisae on Wed May 10, 2017 2:17 am; edited 16 times in total

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over] - Page 29 EmptyRe: Our Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over]

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
As for the next game...
Well... @Lux has something special planned that he is designing. However, he's not exactly ready yet.
I'm not modding the next game.
Nononono.
Not after this mess.

I have a fun challenge for ywall if Botto would be willing to mod it. Basicly it would be a 9 player setup. 7 Vts vs 2 Goons. Mafia have daytalk. However the game will be nightless and alignments will not be revealed upon lynch. Also 4 day deadlines. Does that sound fun to anyone while we wait for Lux?

Oh yeah, how did the 1 week deadlines go? This is kinda important, and I would really like feedback on it from people who aren't used to that type of thing around here.

pedit: Love you too Echo <3

NO FUCK YOU I HATED THE MATRIX 6 NOREVEAL SHIT FUCK THAT FUCK NO FUCK THAT

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over] - Page 29 EmptyRe: Our Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over]

more_horiz
Yeah, but you could have rolestopped Tric. Did it not occur to you that there was almost certainly a scum roleblocker?

more_horiz
let's do a matrix6 game so that i can introduce the bp claim strat and just be a fucking pimp because nobody here knows about it

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
Yeah, but you could have rolestopped Tric. Did it not occur to you that there was almost certainly a scum roleblocker?

honestly didn't even think about rolestopping tric... damn there were so many more possibilities for my role that I didn't think of. just kinda thought of it as a doc with a downside

more_horiz
EchoVision wrote:
Alisae wrote:
As for the next game...
Well... @Lux has something special planned that he is designing. However, he's not exactly ready yet.
I'm not modding the next game.
Nononono.
Not after this mess.

I have a fun challenge for ywall if Botto would be willing to mod it. Basicly it would be a 9 player setup. 7 Vts vs 2 Goons. Mafia have daytalk. However the game will be nightless and alignments will not be revealed upon lynch. Also 4 day deadlines. Does that sound fun to anyone while we wait for Lux?

Oh yeah, how did the 1 week deadlines go? This is kinda important, and I would really like feedback on it from people who aren't used to that type of thing around here.

pedit: Love you too Echo <3

NO FUCK YOU I HATED THE MATRIX 6 NOREVEAL SHIT FUCK THAT FUCK NO FUCK THAT
<3

I'ma advertise a bit about what @lux is designing.
It will be a 13 player game with the addition of me.
I will be a Impotent Guilty Child Treestump. This means I am confirmed scum from day 1. I cannot be lynched, and I cannot preform actions, and my vote will not be counted.

I have designed the scumteam, and when the playerlist is finalized, I get to pick who is on the scumteam and what roles they get. :]

more_horiz
Echo, we did Matrix6 here.
I introduced that strat already Razz
More Matrix6 is fun I suppose tho, and I wouldn't oppose it.

more_horiz
fun fact i've never gotten a non-town role in forum mafia

EVER

more_horiz
jjh927 wrote:
I am assuming the main reason Dan did not join Faervel in pushing Kyo D2 was because he had his eavesdropper thing coming up.

For the most part, yes. I was also willing to consider the possibility that Kyo was a Vanilla Town (didn't target anyone), but I wanted to wait for Day 3 for confirmation.

Anyways, that was a fun game. Kyo and Linda, I'm sorry that you didn't find the setup balanced, but there were things you could've done. Your kill on jj was a success, so the main combo with Bladecharge's role was not as much of an issue. Yes, Bladecharge could have reloaded someone each Night, but the action wouldn't be able to be used until the Night after. Also, (this was brought up before, but it's worth repeating) you bussed the one who could kill two people with no restrictions. It would've been an easy kill on jj, then another for someone else you thought was dangerous.

more_horiz
By the way, Dan-

The reason for pushing Kyo for you would have been twofold. Not only was there his EoD defending Debi, but you knew I visited Kyo, and you knew Kyo didn't visit anyone, so it would be fairly safe to assume I jailed him. In other words, you could assume I had a firm scumread on him.

Your day 3 stuff with the information you had could have gone better, too. If I were in your position, I would have opened by pushing Kyo for the lolhammer and seeing who defended him before dropping the blatant guilty from your eavesdropping. Not that it mattered, of course, because the scumteam threw.

more_horiz
I'd rather next game be a mini mafia.

more_horiz
Lol.
There's no reason to assume you jailed kyo. Roleblocked maybe, but jailed? That's a reach.

But yeah, jjh basicly just posted how you approach guilties, hardpush and then out if needed. Outing the guilty should be a last resort (this is something I fail at doing myself sometimes btw because I'm always impatient and just want to get to the chase).

more_horiz
The reason to assume I jailed Kyo would be my flip at the start of day 2.

more_horiz
Oh yeah.
Derp. My bad.

But we have let's see here.
Matrix6
Linda's Mini
The No Flip, Nightless Game I suggested.

Any 3 of those are cool.

more_horiz
I kinda like the sound of the no flip nightless game.

more_horiz
@Alisae: is there really a need to try and make this a personal attack? "Omg, Linda and kyo were annoyed at how sided the game they are, I have to publicly call them a couple of assholes."

You sound like the asshole here. We have every right to complain about the setup; I didn't attack you at all, I only complained about the games setup. Why you feel the need to attack me as a human being because of this is beyond me, but please keep these type of things out of my mafia section, please, thanks.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
@Alisae: is there really a need to try and make this a personal attack? "Omg, Linda and kyo were annoyed at how sided the game they are, I have to publicly call them a couple of assholes."

You sound like the asshole here. We have every right to complain about the setup; I didn't attack you at all, I only complained about the games setup. Why you feel the need to attack me as a human being because of this is beyond me, but please keep these type of things out of my mafia section, please, thanks.

QFT

more_horiz
If anybody is wondering: I was going to ultimately decide for us to kill Olethros N2, revealing him as Neighborizer and making it clear why Olethros defended him, while I investigated someone else,  as I needed to get in another investigation. I was going to claim an odd night town rolecop when the time came for me to claim, and I was going to claim to have investigated Olehtros night 1, hence the soft claims I gave towards which I do not know if anyone noticed or not, and I would claim to have investigated whoever I did on N2 on N3, as kyo wasnt looking like he'd live any longer, I'd have to do all the killing and be unable to use my actions anymore. 

But we missed the deadline so oh well.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:

Yeah, you attacked the game setup and threw the towel. If anything, you are the one person I don't intend to insult. I apologize for that. I really wouldn't be so annoyed if you threw in the towel and tried to fight it, because you DID have a chance. Instead you trolled D3 and THAT is unsportsmanlike.

However...
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
@Alisae

you better not allow Crimson to have a chance, that would be unfair, considering the small advantage we have. You have these OP towns, and giving them a chance would be ridiculous
Shit like this pisses me off. The tone here is just uneeded period, and the way kyosuke treats me when it comes to this ALSO pisses me off.

"Setups can designed quickly and easily" he says. Well this one was and obviously it was halfassed and bad.
"I can refer to discussion in discord when people talk about ongoing games when they shouldn't." he says. Yeah, not you can't.
"The setup is unblanaced" he says AFTER saying they can be designed quickly and easily. Yeah no, you don't get away with that.

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

Yeah, you attacked the game setup and threw the towel. If anything, you are the one person I don't intend to insult. I apologize for that. I really wouldn't be so annoyed if you threw in the towel and tried to fight it, because you DID have a chance. Instead you trolled D3 and THAT is unsportsmanlike.

However...
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
@Alisae

you better not allow Crimson to have a chance, that would be unfair, considering the small advantage we have. You have these OP towns, and giving them a chance would be ridiculous

Shit like this pisses me off. The tone here is just uneeded period, and the way kyosuke treats me when it comes to this ALSO pisses me off.

"Setups can designed quickly and easily" he says. Well this one was and obviously it was halfassed and bad.
"I can refer to discussion in discord when people talk about ongoing games when they shouldn't." he says. Yeah, not you can't.
"The setup is unblanaced" he says AFTER saying they can be designed quickly and easily. Yeah no, you don't get away with that.

Lol, so you are mad because I said that? You got mad, because I proved you wrong in discord when it came to the whole me breaking a rule when I quoted it on the thread, then you proceeded to say it was my fault? When clearly it wasn't. I just found an opening in your rules that you copied and pasted, and did not create yourself. I do admit that I did rush you when it comes to bringing the game.  I'm glad you at least admit this was half assed and bad though. Also, your attitude in private was not the best. You kept saying "fuck you kyosuke" on dead thread. I mean, if you want to insult, then do so. But I have not insulted you once, or called you anything. Real mature of you Alisae.

You want some positive feedback? Here it is. You are consistent in updating VC without being asked. What else? Well, you answered questions even though "I should have read them". While I do admit, your set up was bad, I'll give you the props on the Role names.

Now, if you want to keep attacking me for this, be my guest. I really don't have time to argue with you. Unless you want to take it to PM, then you know where to find me.

more_horiz
Trolling is fun though, and I play to have fun and I was no longer having fun therefore I troll.

more_horiz
Also...isn't conceding and admitting your defeat considered a sportsman thing to do, not the opposite...?

more_horiz
Oh come on.
Those were playful ones, not malicious =(

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Also...isn't conceding and admitting your defeat considered a sportsman thing to do, not the opposite...?
It's better to play it through instead of just suddenly quitting when you still had a chance. A hard one, but still a chance.

more_horiz
A fine wonderful day for mafia on duelacademy

A FINE WONDERFUL DAY INDEED

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I personally did not read as much through this game or in the spectator ded.chat because of other irl shiz going around. BUUUT

I may be up for a game or two around these 'ere parts soooo q_q

more_horiz
Although I will say the following from a little skimming:

- Brevity is the soul of wit. Less can be more.
- We all aren't perfect and can be fallible. I've been playing on duelistgroundz and emotions tend to get high on there but just remember at the end of the day it's a game and we can all be respectable people if we take a step back and calm down. A part of playing is growth, remember that.
- alisae is a losr

more_horiz
ZP, I'll hit you up when Lux's game is ready.
That is a game you will NOT want to miss.

more_horiz
Alisae more like alibae

more_horiz
it ended aww is it because i did not select someone for my skill

more_horiz
you're not alone there, blade

more_horiz
Ok stuff to write...

@jjh927 sorry but to even TRY to think your role had more to it than you explained was impossible from my side...I mean it did seem weird to me that you felt super safe but I couldn't get why. And imo either mafia had a roleblocker or they'd target Tric. I tried to take the bet on the 2nd one and failed but I don't see that as a mistake tbh.
Oh also don't get me wrong I REALLY wanted to get Kyo lynched WHOLE game...it's just that there was no reason after that Olethros play which I get to in a moment...

@Olethros a night chat is not a "good reason" it's just a "reason" imo(in fact there was no reason to hide your role either). I was actually fully considering the scum duo chance of you and him.

@Setup quite balanced actually...But I think the combination of refigrator and honest was broken but that doesn't make the game too town-sided at all.

@DanelerH I actually scumread you for not pushing Kyo 2nd day though...I mean I was quite sure that either you or Linda is scum and knowing you I just found it unlikely for you not to push Kyo after day1.

@Echovision you're kinda fun to play with...^.^

@Zeropassion I don't get it...

@Nightbot That quote was golden...

@Alisae gg on the hosting. Btw Linda actually did get towncred from my side by that busing. I wouldn't lynch Linda at all as long as Dan wasn't a confirmed town in my eyes.
Also can I get a read on how did I do? What my mess ups and stuff were.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply