Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Our Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over]

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+10
TricMagic
Wingshine
The Brodie
skeletronlord
Linda-Senpai
EchoVision
Bladecharge
DanelerH
faervel
Alisae
14 posters

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over] EmptyOur Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over]

more_horiz
Player list:
1. kyosuke kiryu
2. faervel
3. vequest The Brodie (Lux's Alt)
4. DanelerH
5. CrimsonOverlord skeletronlord
6. jjh927
7. Debi
8. Wingshine
9. Linda-Senpai
10. TricMagic
11. Olethros
12. Bladecharge
13. EchoVision

Game rules:
1) All decisions come down to a democracy. The moderator gets 14 votes.
2) Please place your votes using the following code. While using bold tags to place your vote is okay, using the following would be prefered. Your vote will not get counted if it's not bolded.:

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

3) Lynches will occur when one player has received the majority of votes. You may post during the twilight period between the hammer and the closing of the thread.
4) If unsufficient votes are made on any player, or a majority of votes have been made to no lynch, no lynch will be made.
5) Nights will last 48 hours.
6) Do NOT quote any private communication from me, nor any mason, scum, neighbour, or anything topics that may or may not exist. You may paraphrase, just don't copy it wholesale.
7) You MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless your role specifically gives you the ability to do so. The acception to this is any neighboorhoods, Scum PT, or masonry PTs you are involved in. I really feel like I should not be bolding this acception but whatever
Cool Days will last 7 irl days, or until a lynch (or no lynch) has been decided on.
9) Blue (#0099ff) is my color. Refrain from using it.
10) In the tragic event I drop off the face of the earth, @Nightbot will take my place and he has no say in this Wink.
11) Death is final, but a single contentless "bah!" post will be permitted, just make sure it has no content in said post.
12) The rules can be arbitrarily changed/added to by one party (me) anytime I am feeling greedy and/or evil.
13) Players not use factional and individual actions simultaneously unless their role PM explicitly says otherwise.
14) This setup is non-bastard.
15) Be nice, and try to enjoy yourself. BTW I'll send prods every 48 hours. Something like that.
16) Prod rules will be extremely strict. If you are going V/LA either inform me or put up V/LA flags. I will be very quick to replace for inactivity.
17) This setup will be reviewed.
18) hahaha I totally stole this rules thingy from a friend.

Setup Information:
1) The setup is confirmed as having 10 Town-Aligned players and 2 Scum-Aligned players. The 13th player's alignment may be {Town, Scum, Serial Killer}. Traitors and similar count as scum.
2) Alignments were randomized independent on picks. Flavour is not alignment indicative.
3) Only one pick is required but you can send three to make my life easier if you want.
4) From the day the game fills you have 2 days to send in a pick. Failure to do so and I will pick for you.
5) The game will be non-bastard and role madness.

Alive (7/13) :

Dead (6/13) :

Part 1: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49851-our-lost-pieces-part-i-d1
Part 2: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49938-our-lost-pieces-part-ii-d1

Last edited by Alisae on Wed May 10, 2017 2:18 am; edited 18 times in total

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over] EmptyRe: Our Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over]

more_horiz
For those who I have not gotten picks from, you have till 4/20/17 at 12am PST to submit your picks (or ask for me to pick for you if you REALLY feel this way).

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over] EmptyRe: Our Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over]

more_horiz
ALL OF THE PICKS ARE IN!

I'm going to need 2 to 3 days to create role pms, make a setup, and do all of the research required.
Here, I'll even put a wonderful counter here for you to check in to see how many role pms are done.

Role PM Completion
##########
(13/13) [100%]

Meanwhile, feel free to do some reading!

Getting into the game? Look at the 4 links below to help you out! (These 4 links are for newer players, like this is your first game or something)
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610087 - A Flash presentation by Mike "Burnfire" Grevengoed about how the game works.
http://www.duelacademy.net/t49755-mafia-role-list-themed - My Rolelist. Though I am allowed to create and make use of roles outside of this list, it would be atleast handy to educate yourself at first.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?t=9791 - Helpful game theory
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Theory - Mafiascum's Wiki Section about Theory

More advanced articles and information.
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=9065879#p9065879 - mhsmith's inexperienced challenger (IC) post. Basicly on MS, the newbie queue is where people's who want to get into mafia go, and the IC has a handycap where they have to help the newer players get into the game. These are probably the most helpful IC post onsite currently.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:MastinMD - A bunch of articles that are really just worth reading in general. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=70951 - A guide to Vote Count Analysis (VCA)
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71050 - Charisma in Mafia
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=71056 - The Importance of Transparency, Cooperation & Effort as Town

Last edited by Alisae on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:16 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Alright, all role pms are COMPLETED. They will be going out NOW! Once they have all been sent out, I will unlock the thread so you people can fuck around during Pre-Game.

During Pre-Game, votes will NOT count.
The game will start when 10 out of 13 people have confirmed their role pms.

Confirmations.
##########
(10/13) [77%]

Last edited by Alisae on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:16 am; edited 5 times in total

more_horiz
Go play Mafia or some shit.

more_horiz
*fucks around*

Ok I'mma be at uni till like 12h from now and that'll be my usual on-time from now on.

Anyway Good luck&Have fun all!

P.S How do you guys feel like regarding colored texts? I kinda feel like typing in yellow to keep my hype up...

more_horiz
I am very excited for this game. It feels like it's going to be a lot of fun.

more_horiz
Should be fun.

more_horiz
This is going to be funny

more_horiz
So does this site do RVS and shit or what's the normal procedure lol

more_horiz
RVS is sometimes done (usually when Alisae is playing; he tends to start it). I intended to do so, but I haven't picked my vote yet.
Normally there's an argument about whether or not we should vote on Day 1. I think it's a good option, though there are several other players here who disagree. The biggest argument against it is "We won't lynch scum on Day 1. We'll have more information on Day 2, even though there's a high possibility of getting no information from Night 1."

more_horiz
just confirming that I got my role

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
RVS is sometimes done (usually when Alisae is playing; he tends to start it).  I intended to do so, but I haven't picked my vote yet.
Normally there's an argument about whether or not we should vote on Day 1.  I think it's a good option, though there are several other players here who disagree.  The biggest argument against it is "We won't lynch scum on Day 1.  We'll have more information on Day 2, even though there's a high possibility of getting no information from Night 1."

What do you mean you haven't picked yet? It's RANDOM. You're not supposed to put a bunch of thought process behind something random .-.

/vote DanelerH

If you won't start it, I will

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
*fucks around*

Ok I'mma be at uni till like 12h from now and that'll be my usual on-time from now on.

P.S How do you guys feel like regarding colored texts? I kinda feel like typing in yellow to keep my hype up...

Please do not use yellow text. Just try quoting this post yourself and tell me how that feels on your eyes.

more_horiz
EchoVision wrote:
So does this site do RVS and shit or what's the normal procedure lol

We don't really have a standard procedure yet.

more_horiz
So can we start?

more_horiz
im confirming my role pm

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
faervel wrote:
*fucks around*

Please do not use yellow text. Just try quoting this post yourself and tell me how that feels on your eyes.

Woah people get bothered by anything these days. Yellow text isn't such a problem lol it's good @faervel

more_horiz
P.S. I confirm my role PM

more_horiz
The Brodie wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
faervel wrote:
*fucks around*

Woah people get bothered by anything these days. Yellow text isn't such a problem lol it's good @faervel

If it bothered me I wouldn't be asking...obviously.

I never got the point of RVS personally SPECIALLY when it's said that it's an RVS...it basically kills the purpose. But we really follow no standard procedure(Yay I learned a word today) as Linda said so feel free to start the game however you like really...

VOTE: Linda-Senpai
#Bully

P.s guys remember to re-place the votes after pre-game ends cause these votes do NOT count otherwise.

more_horiz
Random Voting System can backfire alot, especially in LyLo.

more_horiz
In regards to colored text, i'd prefer to only use green and red to indicate points about people on what their alignment could be.

Green is towncred, red is scumcred, for those who are new.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
RVS is sometimes done (usually when Alisae is playing; he tends to start it).  I intended to do so, but I haven't picked my vote yet.
Normally there's an argument about whether or not we should vote on Day 1.  I think it's a good option, though there are several other players here who disagree.  The biggest argument against it is "We won't lynch scum on Day 1.  We'll have more information on Day 2, even though there's a high possibility of getting no information from Night 1."

That theory was pretty much out of the window in your game, where we DID lynch scum D1. True, it was sheer luck, but it was 1 scum less to worry about.

more_horiz
but if we are unlucky we could kill someone with an important town role. also voting on d1 is always best for scum because they have a lower chance to loose one of their own. it also throws most strategic elements over board and lets us depend fully on luck, wich isnt good because as already said, scum has an advantege. we also most likely will have more information on d2 because of roles like tracker and cop, wich highers our chance of elimenating scum.

more_horiz
skeletronlord wrote:
but if we are unlucky we could kill someone with an important town role. also voting on d1 is always best for scum because they have a lower chance to loose one of their own. it also throws most strategic elements over board and lets us depend fully on luck, *which *isn't good because as already said, scum has an *advantage. we also most likely will have more information on d2 because of roles like tracker and cop, *which highers our chance of *eliminating scum.

Regardless of result a lynch day 1 can prove useful.
-Who pushed it?
-Why did they push it?
-Who locked it?
-Was it a town mistake?
-Was it scummy?

Also as clear as it sounds I'mma say this: Even if you are versus a lynch day 1(I see your reasoning and I don't disagree with it...I just find the trade-off worth) do NOT attempt to skipday. A skipday gives mafia an extra day and just...sucks.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
What do you mean you haven't picked yet? It's RANDOM. You're not supposed to put a bunch of thought process behind something random .-.

/vote DanelerH

If you won't start it, I will

I was mainly referring to that we're in the Pre-Game, so votes don't count yet.  Granted, it doesn't matter too much since RVS votes tend to change.
VOTE: Faervel

more_horiz
Wingshine wrote:

You only use RVS on Day 1. It's basically a conversation starter that can also provide good data later in the game. What you're thinking of is immediately placing your vote in LyLo, since that allow for scum to potentially hammer a mislynch.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Wingshine wrote:

You only use RVS on Day 1.  It's basically a conversation starter that can also provide good data later in the game.  What you're thinking of is immediately placing your vote in LyLo, since that allow for scum to potentially hammer a mislynch.

I see. Fair point then.

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
The Brodie wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
faervel wrote:
*fucks around*

If it bothered me I wouldn't be asking...obviously.

I never got the point of RVS personally SPECIALLY when it's said that it's an RVS...it basically kills the purpose. But we really follow no standard procedure(Yay I learned a word today) as Linda said so feel free to start the game however you like really...

VOTE: Linda-Senpai
#Bully

P.s guys remember to re-place the votes after pre-game ends cause these votes do NOT count otherwise.

And I'm telling you why it's a bother. When you quote a post, the post body is white and tan. The yellow is just a bright blur that can't be read without highlighting and burns the eyes like this. What does anyone gain from that?

more_horiz
skeletronlord wrote:
but if we are unlucky we could kill someone with an important town role. also voting on d1 is always best for scum because they have a lower chance to loose one of their own. it also throws most strategic elements over board and lets us depend fully on luck, wich isnt good because as already said, scum has an advantege. we also most likely will have more information on d2 because of roles like tracker and cop, wich highers our chance of elimenating scum.

This is the overall point I tried to get across about why voting D1 is dumb, but according to the last games, I'm insta scum if I don't want to vote day 1, so

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply