Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Our Lost Pieces Dead PT

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
jjh927
Lux
ZeroPassion
hazmah
Alisae
9 posters

descriptionOur Lost Pieces Dead PT EmptyOur Lost Pieces Dead PT

more_horiz
AND NOW YOU'RE DEAD. RAAAAAAWR.

People who can see this:
ME (Your moderator, duh)
Botto (In the event I die he is here)
hazmah (Spectator)
ZeroPassion (Spectator)
Lux (Replaced Out)
Debi
jjh927
vequest
CrimsonOverlord

Last edited by Alisae on Sat May 06, 2017 10:51 pm; edited 7 times in total

descriptionOur Lost Pieces Dead PT EmptyRe: Our Lost Pieces Dead PT

more_horiz
Town and Scum and player analysis :

Last edited by Alisae on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
@Nightbot can you allow @hazmah into the dead thread? He'll be spectating the game.

more_horiz
If you say so.

more_horiz
Alright here's the setup assuming no one changes their picks.

Spoiler :
I need to make sure I send a reminder to Debi and Linda to send me picks so yeah, I gave them something until I get their picks. Thoughts on it? It's REALLY swingy.

more_horiz
uggggggh
click me :

more_horiz
Oh yeah btw final setup.
click me :

more_horiz
Alright, I'ma start posting my thoughts now.

more_horiz
Click Me :

more_horiz
Okay so I'm currently at my PC now so I can talk. First, I really hate when people are random voting and SAY it as well. When you random vote and then say that you are, you are even further diminishing and outlining that the vote HAS NO BARRING. You also cannot push onto someone for random voting as it's such a weak reason as they can hide behind the reasoning that it's... RANDOM. The only times it should happen are at the earliest stages of day 1, and even then I still think it's redundant. There is literally no point.

Second, is this "first day lynch vs no first day lynch" argument still going on? Bruh. I don't understand. It should be as simple as "If we get information from the lynch or we feel that the lynch benefits us, we should do it; otherwise we shouldn't," not going in with the mentality that a lynch is or isn't going to be beneficial without even playing the game in the first place. Though most of the time to me a first day lynch is preferred unless it's like a dumb policy lynch, as the information on the wagons, who's floating. who's pushing etc is extremely beneficial. Early interaction and Day 1 is incredibly underrated imo, as seeing how certain people react with each other really early on in the game is actually beneficial (I.e. If two people are unnecessarily distancing from each other at the start of the game). 

Third, if we count the pre-game as part of the actual game, I REALLY hate Dan's post in "Then I shall explain my read a bit more. Scum are overly concerned with keeping up a Town appearance. Let's say Linda had started a wagon and I was lynched by the end of Day 1. Scum don't want a mislynch traced back to them. It's much better for Town to begin the mislynch, then support it if they find it worth it. As such, I find Linda more likely to be Town. Granted, it isn't too strong of a reason (hence "lean"), but reads are always subject to change."
There's actually 0 point in him saying he has a Linda lean so early into the game, like actually zero reason. It just seems like a way to get town cred and create a false sense of him actually contributing and also trying to kiss Linda's ass. The fact that he emphasizes that it's also a lean means that he can easily retract it a later point if Linda is in a more sticky situation. 

Although the lean part is less credible, I'd still consider this the strongest thing to push at this point. And by extension I get a town read on Faervel by pushing this.

more_horiz
pfft. it's RVS. It happens so that you see how people react towards those votes and it's just there to start off the game. The votes aren't supposed to be real scumreads that you're pushing.

yeah I think some of the newer players think that no lynching so good D1 but it isn't, but that trend here is slowly starting to go away.

Also what Dan's saying here is sorta incorrect. Just because someone had a bad read and started a wagon on a town lynch doesn't mean they're scum. But yeah, I agree. It's complete bullshit.

more_horiz
Like, let's say Dan gets wagoned for that. That's a perfect way to jump straight into the game.

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
pfft. it's RVS. It happens so that you see how people react towards those votes and it's just there to start off the game. The votes aren't supposed to be real scumreads that you're pushing.

yeah I think some of the newer players think that no lynching so good D1 but it isn't, but that trend here is slowly starting to go away.

Also what Dan's saying here is sorta incorrect. Just because someone had a bad read and started a wagon on a town lynch doesn't mean they're scum. But yeah, I agree. It's complete bullshit.

I understand that, like my old community used to do it all the time, I just think there's no logic with it. If you RVS someone you are doing the equivalent of voting someone and saying that the vote holds abolustely no barring in the same sentence. Why would you actually care about a vote that's just random? You're really not going to get reactions unless the person that's getting voted is stupid.

That's good.
Alisae wrote:
Like, let's say Dan gets wagoned for that. That's a perfect way to jump straight into the game.

Yep, it puts Dan under pressure and you can look at who's waggoning, why and if it looks as if they're trying to force a mislynch etc. It would be the perfect way to start instead of people RVSing...  Facepalm

more_horiz
Except Dan getting wagoned for that wouldn't have happened unless RVS did happen. That was the product of RVS Smile

more_horiz
Fos Kyosuke for throwing a vote on someone that already has 2 votes without even saying his reason. 

And I know, but it just serves no purpose bleh. I'd rather meme at the beginning than RVS.

more_horiz
That's a fun way to go about RVS :]

more_horiz
bruh y u mocking me bro

Also, this game is so fucking slow man, I anticipated more hype from the first game I've seen for a while

more_horiz
/me shrugs
Timezones if I had to take a good guess?

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
/me shrugs
Timezones if I had to take a good guess?

r the majority of the ppl NA?

more_horiz
A good chunk of the playerlist is EU I'm pretty sure.

more_horiz
@NightBot add @ZeroPassion to the dead thread please.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
@Linda-Senpai, what do you think about Debi's reaction?  Do you think the self-consciousness of being "targeted" in RVS is alignment indicative and, if so, does it come from Town or scum?

I'm going to need to see more out of him before I can say on this. It leaves a real sour taste in my mouth, but then we have to remember that last game he self-lynched himself as town, so this is hardly a surprise.
Click Me :

more_horiz
>SRing people for posting things that look like they're trying to not lurk when it's only page 3.
Adorable.

Last edited by Alisae on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
also I feel special for trying extra hard on my vcs.

more_horiz
hazmah is a butt
alisae is a losr

zp was here

more_horiz
hazmah wrote:
Second, is this "first day lynch vs no first day lynch" argument still going on? Bruh. I don't understand. It should be as simple as "If we get information from the lynch or we feel that the lynch benefits us, we should do it; otherwise we shouldn't," not going in with the mentality that a lynch is or isn't going to be beneficial without even playing the game in the first place.

Which should be done every time barring known weird set ups

more_horiz
ZeroPassion wrote:
hazmah wrote:
Second, is this "first day lynch vs no first day lynch" argument still going on? Bruh. I don't understand. It should be as simple as "If we get information from the lynch or we feel that the lynch benefits us, we should do it; otherwise we shouldn't," not going in with the mentality that a lynch is or isn't going to be beneficial without even playing the game in the first place.

exactly and u suck at this game btw

more_horiz
hazmah wrote:
ZeroPassion wrote:
hazmah wrote:

exactly and u suck at this game btw

umadbro?

umad? lol! N00b Bash Our Lost Pieces Dead PT 1802729531 Our Lost Pieces Dead PT 1802729531 Our Lost Pieces Dead PT 1802729531 Our Lost Pieces Dead PT 4204681869

more_horiz
>We should pressure people
>Doesn't pressure people.

This game I swear.

more_horiz
Lux also needs to learn that his vote is a weapon that helps apply pressure and isn't something he should be sitting around holding onto. It's a fucking gun that shoots scum. Therefore it should be used like so.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply