Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Our Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over]

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+13
faervel
Debi
Olethros
TricMagic
skeletronlord
Linda-Senpai
EchoVision
jjh927
vequest
Bladecharge
Wingshine
DanelerH
Alisae
17 posters

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over] - Page 28 EmptyOur Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over]

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Player list:
1. kyosuke kiryu
2. faervel
3. vequest The Brodie (Lux's Alt)
4. DanelerH
5. CrimsonOverlord skeletronlord
6. jjh927
7. Debi
8. Wingshine
9. Linda-Senpai
10. TricMagic
11. Olethros
12. Bladecharge
13. EchoVision

Game rules:
1) All decisions come down to a democracy. The moderator gets 14 votes.
2) Please place your votes using the following code. While using bold tags to place your vote is okay, using the following would be prefered. Your vote will not get counted if it's not bolded.:

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

3) Lynches will occur when one player has received the majority of votes. You may post during the twilight period between the hammer and the closing of the thread.
4) If unsufficient votes are made on any player, or a majority of votes have been made to no lynch, no lynch will be made.
5) Nights will last 48 hours.
6) Do NOT quote any private communication from me, nor any mason, scum, neighbour, or anything topics that may or may not exist. You may paraphrase, just don't copy it wholesale.
7) You MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless your role specifically gives you the ability to do so. The acception to this is any neighboorhoods, Scum PT, or masonry PTs you are involved in. I really feel like I should not be bolding this acception but whatever
Cool Days will last 7 irl days, or until a lynch (or no lynch) has been decided on.
9) Blue (#0099ff) is my color. Refrain from using it.
10) In the tragic event I drop off the face of the earth, @Nightbot will take my place and he has no say in this Wink.
11) Death is final, but a single contentless "bah!" post will be permitted, just make sure it has no content in said post.
12) The rules can be arbitrarily changed/added to by one party (me) anytime I am feeling greedy and/or evil.
13) Players not use factional and individual actions simultaneously unless their role PM explicitly says otherwise.
14) This setup is non-bastard.
15) Be nice, and try to enjoy yourself. BTW I'll send prods every 48 hours. Something like that.
16) Prod rules will be extremely strict. If you are going V/LA either inform me or put up V/LA flags. I will be very quick to replace for inactivity.
17) This setup will be reviewed.
18) hahaha I totally stole this rules thingy from a friend.

Setup Information:
1) The setup is confirmed as having 10 Town-Aligned players and 2 Scum-Aligned players. The 13th player's alignment may be {Town, Scum, Serial Killer}. Traitors and similar count as scum.
2) Alignments were randomized independent on picks. Flavour is not alignment indicative.
3) Only one pick is required but you can send three to make my life easier if you want.
4) From the day the game fills you have 2 days to send in a pick. Failure to do so and I will pick for you.
5) The game will be non-bastard and role madness.

Alive (7/13) :

Dead (6/13) :

Part 1: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49851-our-lost-pieces-part-i-d1
Part 2: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49938-our-lost-pieces-part-ii-d1

Last edited by Alisae on Wed May 10, 2017 2:17 am; edited 16 times in total

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over] - Page 28 EmptyRe: Our Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over]

more_horiz
Wing, just to be certain, Bladecharge is town right? Cause I would like to know if who he targeted last night. Also to restock faer tonight.

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over] - Page 28 EmptyRe: Our Lost Pieces [Part III: Game Over]

more_horiz
Cross that if out.

more_horiz
Yeah jester doesn't fall under any of the categories scum, town, or SK, which according to Alisae are the only possibilities

so Linda you're full or shit

I like this blue isn't it cool

more_horiz
i already stated that my win con is to get lynched dude

more_horiz
yes i know what the wincon of a jester is i've played town of salem before

that doesn't affect the role not falling under town, mafia, or sk, if anything it strengthens the fact that it doesn't fall under any of the three

more_horiz
I'm pretty sure you're lying. If you're not lying, I'm quite happy to take the hit

Unvote: Kyosuke Kiryu
Vote: Linda-Senpai

more_horiz
By the rule of the hammer, she did the final vote. It's too late to unvote. And I already stated that kiryu and you, Olethros, could simply be performing theatre. Of course, if kiryu is town, that would make you scum. By what reasons did you vote kiryu when Linda revealed herself to be cult.

more_horiz
Did not realise Linda self-hammered.

Tricmagic wrote:
By what reasons did you vote kiryu when Linda revealed herself to be cult.

I have already explained this.

more_horiz
*does the jester dance*

more_horiz
Linda, don't you lose if Mafia does. Cause the Googled Jester says it is bastard. Pretty sure that makes your traitor claim invalid.

more_horiz
Why are you taking a word I say seriously? I literally want nothing else but for this insanely unfair game to end already. I had nothing to gain from even trying to fight against it anymore, since Town just keeps popping up with these roles that we literally had no way to fight back against. It's extremely demotivating.

more_horiz
Thought so..
So was Debi actually very important to you guys?

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Why are you taking a word I say seriously? I literally want nothing else but for this insanely unfair game to end already. I had nothing to gain from even trying to fight against it anymore, since Town just keeps popping up with these roles that we literally had no way to fight back against. It's extremely demotivating.

Same. You guys think Mafia had op abilities but we did not lol So yes I'm confirmed as scum, I don't want to play anymore. Had asked for replacement, but nothing happened, so Lynch me too. That way the game ends

more_horiz
@alisae, if that's both of them... kiryu, our full roles should be revealed at the end of the game. Though Dan's skill is One-shot. Does lend credence to Blade's claim as a restocked. Kinda doubt we have any permanent investigation without that limitation.

Also, I'll see if this works. Guard: faervel
Just in case my skill works on the jester.

more_horiz
Hey just out of curiosity did you guys target faer last night

more_horiz
No we didn't even target anyone since we were still plotting something.

more_horiz
The night ended unexpectedly; neither of us were aware that it was going to end so soon. Yes, it was posted with Crimson's death, but it was in tiny white text that did not stand out nor register in the memory, and we were not given any type of reminder either. I do not understand why you guys got to have the day a week long but we only got two days for the night phase, when there was so much shit we needed to carefully plan out before we did anything. This game had already just kept slapping every single one of my devious plans in the face via OP town roles that can just flat out confirm people's alignment in the freaking Day, unable for us to counter in any way whatsoever (which is extremely counterproductive to Town needing any skill whatsoever to win...), and then what's next? Two replacements to further slap my plans in the face! 

This game was disgustingly unfair and once I came home to see the night ended all of a sudden while we were still making plans, that was the final kick in the gut. There was literally no point in even trying to win anymore. Most unbalanced game I've ever played in in my life.

more_horiz
Just so you guys can see how simple and bland our roles were compared to Towns retardedly OP roles:

I'm the Mafian rolecop with a oneshot abillity to redirect someones action towards someone else. Kyosuke is our roleblocker. Debi had the ability to add a strongman modifier to our kills and was also the Janitor.

Literal nothing special. Like come on, wtf

more_horiz
Am I salty? Yes. I am very salty and rightfully so. I had shit going exactly as I wanted only for every single plot I devised to be countered by complete bullshit that required NO SKILL WHATSOEVER AND COULD NOT BE COUNTERED BY MY TEAM AT ALL. How in the actual hell were we expected to win this?

more_horiz
Okay, this is pretty much a locktown win. So I'm going to count votes, do a flip, write flavor, and start prepping my postgame rant.
See ywall in about 30minutes or something.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu - Olethros, kyosuke kiryu
Linda-Senpai - faer, Wingshine, EchoVision, DanelerH, TricMagic

Not Voting (9) - bladecharge, Linda-Senpai

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Not doing Extras. Deal with it.

more_horiz
A panic! A panic! Breaking news! Beaking news! There was a criminal outbreak as of recently! It was scary and deadly. It turns out witches were behind the scene of the crime! They sure are great at causing panic and chaos all around huh. They're also great for ruining happiness...Oh well, if we burn the witch, everyone will be happy again, right? Just pick up the pieces, and together we can be happy.

Linda-Senpai was burned to the stake. They were Bernkastel a Rolecop with a 1-shot Redirect
Role PM :

And at a flash, a loli playing with his gameboy was shocked at the scene. Seeing his friend go down due to the chaotic democracy, he quickly ran away. But the chaotic democracy caught up to him and...Took his lunch money away! The loli was no longer had any pride left. He wanted to take back what was rightfully his, and make his homeland great again. He failed to do so.

kyosuke kiryu walked away from everything. They were NightBot a Roleblocker
Role PM :

It turns out, they managed to find Debi as well. But he was dead already. They just found their body.

Debi was Taiga "Palmtop Tiger" Aisaka; a 2-shot Strongman and a 1-shot Janitor
Role PM :

more_horiz
And thus, the members of the democracy stood around each other. A Wooden Cabinet. A Refrigerator. A wierd, bunny that came from the Moon. An Angel. A bunch of goats with wierd colors. A professional theif in his fancy clothing, and a blue hedgehog. They came together, picked up their- no.
Our Lost Pieces.

And became truely happy.
TricMagic was Honest; a Modified Bodyguard
Role PM :
Olethros was Scapegoats; a 1-shot Mass Neighbourizer Neighbourhood Doctor
Olethros' Role PM :
Wingshine was Sonic the Hedgehog; a Compulsive Modified Tracker
Wingshine's Role PM :
DanelerH was Kaito Kid; a Jack of All Trades
Dan's Role PM :
Faervel was Reisen Udongein Inaba; a Redirector
faer's Role PM :
bladecharge was a Kitchen Cabinet; a Loyal Reloader Neighbor
Bladecharge's Role PM :
EchoVision was a Refrigerator; a Rolestopper Neighbour
EchoVision's Role PM :

Congradulations to the town of bladecharge, TricMagic, Olethros, faervel, jjh927, CrimsonOverlord, vequest, DanelerH, Wingshine, and EchoVision[/color]

more_horiz

--
Night 0
skeletonlord fishes for a BP vest (Fails)
--
Day 1
jjh927 uses a 1-shot loyal modified governor (sucess! 1-shot consumed)
Debi self janitors (Sucess!)
--
Night 1
jjh927 jailkeeps kyosuke kiryu (Sucess!)
EchoVision Rolestops Linda-Senpai (Sucess!)
faervel redirects TricMagic to himself (Sucess!)
Bladecharge reloads jjh927 (Sucess! jjh927 gets a 1-shot loyal modified governor)
Olethros Neighborizes Linda-Senpai, jjh927, and kyosuke kiryu (Linda-Senpai-Fail. jjh927-fail. Kyosuke Kiryu - Sucess!)
TricMagic Bodyguards jjh (Sucess but is redirected onto himself)
skeletonlord fishes for the cop [15%] (Fails)
DanelerH easerdrops kyosuke kiryu (Recon phase. Also a Sucess! 1-shot consumed)
Wingshine tracks Bladecharge (Sucess!)

Linda-Senpai kills jjh927 (Sucess!)
Kyosuke Kiryu roleblocks TricMagic (Fails)
--
D2
vequest Desperados TrciMagic (vequest dies)
--
N2
DanelerH listens in on kyosuke kiryu (Pending Message)
EchoVision rolestops faervel (Sucess!)
faervel redirects kyosuke onto himself (Sucess!)
TricMagic bodyguards Bladecharge (Sucess!)
DanelerH PT cops Olethros (Learns: Olethros has a Private Topic)
Wingshine Tracks kyosuke kiryu

I do not know why Olethros, Blade, or scum did not send in actions

more_horiz
Men Who Stared At Goats
The Kitchen
Dead Private Topic
Mafia Private Topic
Moderator Private Topic

more_horiz
Post-Game Rant.

Mod things...Those are lovely.
Lux's replacement happened because he accidentally hopped onto his Admin account and saw Linda posting in the scum PT. Good Man Charlie Brown.
Dan quoted mod communication however no one saw it, so I deleted it quickly and luckily no one saw it, and nothing happened. If people saw it, that would be something that I would have to mod kill.

Great, that's fun! Now, onto the fun stuff...

So, apparently the setup was "townsided"
I'm just going to remind ywall one thing. Debi had a 1-shot Janitor and a 2-shot strongman. That pratically makes all of your clears and protective roles useless.
You do not bus your strongest PR D1. Period. You just, never do that.
The 1-shot Janitor and 2-shot Strongman makes this balanced or scumsided even.

Did I make some mistakes in the setup? Yes. I did. I fully admit it. I even got this reviewed by a friend.
But we have assholes like kyosuke and Lina that think "OH HEY, MAKING A BALANCED SETUP DOESN'T TAKE FOREVER. IT CAN EASILY BE DONE AND QUICKLY."

Day 1 I was impressed with the play I saw from kyosuke and Linda.
Let's look at why scum lost.

Step 1. Debi's lynch.

Okay, @kyosuke kiryu did a really impressive job with attempting to save Debi, but he just couldn't do it. He tried.
Linda just flatout bussed. I don't think Linda got any towncred for being on that wagon. There wasn't really any reason for Linda to be on it.
D1 went by with Blade and Tric and Wing getting wagoned and that was really good play by them trying to deflect the wagons off of their buddies.
They even tried to come up with a fakeclaim for Debi. I mean, you probably shouldn't go looking on ToS when your mod is used to a mafiascum dot net setting, but they tried. Debi could have easily claimed something that was there to just get him buy a few days.

They did their best here, could they have tried harder? Probably. Debi also had a role to play but couldn't fill that.

Step 2. Day 2

Linda had a job here. It was a fairly easy job to do. It was to make it seem like Debi was not groupscum. This could mean serial killer, or this could mean traitor. If they could do that, they could potentially save kyosuke for a bit. The day played out fine, honestly they should have pushed Tric to the point where Tric wouldn't get desperado'd. But he did. Those things happen. SO LET'S LOLHAMMER CRIMMY WHEN PEOPLE ARE SAYING NOT TO HAMMER. YEAH, THAT'S TOTALLY GOING TO REPAIR THE GAMESTATE FOR SCUM. And you act like an asshole about "Alisae, you better flip that or else."

Okay, let's proceed.

Step 3. Day 3.

Scum didn't send in actions. kyosuke didn't do that for some reason. When it comes to planning, you had daytalk. So don't say "Oh, we didn't get to plan" or "Oh, night should be longer if you make days a week" as an excuse. It isn't when you have daytalk. But kyosuke could have at any moment send actions, and he didn't. Could I have sent a pm saying it's night and it's day now, yeah, I could and should have. But deadline for night is right fucking there. Playing ignorance isn't an excuse. It just isn't.

And as soon as Dan pops the guilty, everyone loses their fucking minds. I get it, geting guiltied is frustrating. It's the straw that broke the Cammel's back. Linda could have still hanged in there. But they didn't and they just gave up.
But that NOT give a right for ywall to complain and bitch when ywall played poorly. If ywall played better you would even be getting guiltied, and to throw for no reason because you think it's hopeless when it's really not (as scum, me and my scumteams plenty of times have thrown the towel early because of how hopeless things seem, but then opportunities pop up. Don't give up early because things look bad now, they won't later).

If you're going to treat the moderator like an asshole because you say that you should design the setup quicker, then proceed to bus strongest PR D1, then complain about the setup, treat your moderator like shit, and then throw? Man, you must be amazing human beings.

Atleast have some decentcy to atleast be constructive, especially when I know I fucked up.

Anyhow, I went sorta extra with the vote counts and I am NOT doing that again. I hope the flavor and modding was good and enjoyable overall besides the setup!

When it comes to play, I have some notes in the dead thread, but it isn't much. I wasn't really paying attention this time around either.

more_horiz
thanks for fun game fgt <3

more_horiz
Quick note about complaining about the setup-

If scum lose their most powerful PR D1, and in doing so also cause their next most powerful PR to become suspected by all the best players in the town, you're going to have issues.

I am assuming the main reason Dan did not join Faervel in pushing Kyo D2 was because he had his eavesdropper thing coming up. Seriously though, scum losing this badly was not a setup issue at all. If you're going to complain about conftowns, consider how few investigative roles there were in the setup. That's a tradeoff. I think a valid criticism of this setup would be there were too many protective roles (neighbour-only doctor, bodyguard, rolestopper and a one-shot jailkeeper), but on the flipside of this scum had a 2-shot strongman that they allowed to get lynched D1. It was a bit swingy, but it was in no way imbalanced. Town power was laid out in a way that scum could counter it. It was just played badly, so don't go yelling at Alisae.

Secondary note-

Echo/Faervel- GODDDAMNIT! Had Echo rolestopped Tric, we'd have been looking at a D2 win for town. IDK what Faervel was doing making Tric target himself either, but I specifically jailed Kyo in order to ensure my survival and you guys broke the plan. (I was sure that Kyo was scum, and, while I was sure scum would have a roleblocker who would target Tric, the odds were in my favour on Kyo being either the roleblocker or the one sent to do the night kill.)

more_horiz
As for the next game...
Well... @Lux has something special planned that he is designing. However, he's not exactly ready yet.
I'm not modding the next game.
Nononono.
Not after this mess.

I have a fun challenge for ywall if Botto would be willing to mod it. Basicly it would be a 9 player setup. 7 Vts vs 2 Goons. Mafia have daytalk. However the game will be nightless and alignments will not be revealed upon lynch. Also 4 day deadlines. Does that sound fun to anyone while we wait for Lux?

Oh yeah, how did the 1 week deadlines go? This is kinda important, and I would really like feedback on it from people who aren't used to that type of thing around here.

pedit: Love you too Echo <3

more_horiz
well i wanted your governor to get refilled and if I would have used my ability on you then you wouldn't have gotten your governor back

but i guess you would've lived...

plus I thought that tric was already going to save your life so if you were going to live because of that I didn't want to just double ensure that you were going to live and then prevent you from getting your governor

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply