Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Football thread

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+3
ScottyAdams
Pepchoninga
Lux
7 posters

descriptionFootball thread - Page 4 EmptyFootball thread

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Football thread - Page 4 Uefa-champions-league

Note: this is the thread about the REAL football!

So with another exciting season approaching...let's get into heated conversation!

I'd like to say a few words before that, though. 

Please do not go too hardcore when commenting with trolls and stuff. We'll be trying to hold a nice discussion here!

We'll be covering all sorts of leagues and Champions League, of course. Feel free to discuss anything related to Football.

descriptionFootball thread - Page 4 EmptyRe: Football thread

more_horiz
I really do like the combination of experience, pure class and youth that is implemented in the team, and it seems to work really well. I haven't seen much of Real and Atletico tho i think that Barca will definitely will be back on all fronts this season, even tho I'm supporting Atleti in the Spainish league but oh well...can't deny the great football Barca is playing. They already seem better then last season if you ask me, and the season hasn't even started, also Neymar is not even with the squad...

more_horiz
I follow the -other-team in Barcelona when it comes to La liga, so yea haha. But congrats to FCB anyway lolz

more_horiz
Anyways, Brondby play Panathinakos in like 45 minutes in leg 1 of the Europa league playoffs :D.

more_horiz
You mean espaniol? (I think it was in Barcelona lol... 

Also lol who cares about europa league play-offs Razz 

more_horiz
2 Croatian clubs also play today. Let's wish them good luck.

And Pep, maybe you United fans should, as these clubs are your potential opponent Razz 

more_horiz
Lol who cares, we're winning the europa league anyways...

more_horiz
Easier said than done.

But I'll be watching

more_horiz
I like how your saying I'll be watching...like a fucking psychopath...

more_horiz
I am a psycho though Football thread - Page 4 758255712

more_horiz
Pep, yeah. RCD Espanyol fan here. Speaking of La Liga; season starts tomorrow actually, but we play Sevilla on Sunday (my time, Saturday euro time). Ironically enough, Barca play Betis in their season opener, making it 3 games in a row v teams from Seville lol. 

Also, it's still a continental competition and as Lux said, these are United's potential opponents for ya lmao.

more_horiz
Smh, this is disappointing to say the least. Panathinaikos 2-0 Brondby 54 minutes in. Would like an away goal to take back to Denmark for the 2nd leg but eh, they've been the better team I guess

more_horiz
Much double post must chet Scottsy Razz 

I only really watch the big games in La Liga and keep up with most of Atletico's games. 

Lol firstly - there is literally no matches on my Tv (i would be watching if they were welp). Secondly, they are all middle calss teams and no match to future european champions Manchester United...Lol i would like to see how will Panathinaikos will beat us Razz much ego, much shit 

more_horiz
Lol, can't be bothered editing my post tbh haha.

Also, I see. I usually just watch them online tbh haha, it's easier that way, as they don't show them much on Tv here.

more_horiz
I hate looking for streams tbh...i have me a way to watch united games and only find the big matches online really Football thread - Page 4 3974120512 

more_horiz
Pogba looked decent in his return to United, but Zlatan's just being zlatan lol (2 goals today).

MUFC 2-0 Southampton

more_horiz
I have games covered on my sports channel so I don't have to go for a stream online.

more_horiz
Manchester United vs Southampton - 2-0 - Great win, a good clean sheet, and some very impressive performances. All though the win wasn't as comfortable and dominating and S'ton did put as under great pressure, tho never really could put a dangerous ball in the box itself or fire a shot that would truly test De Gea. S'ton's defense was a bit all over the place, and they tryed to get over ours with too many long balls that didn't work out and/or gave us chance for a counter attack. Very impressive performance from Shaw who yet again shows his tremendous potential. Baily was yet again just a beast. The guy slides out of nowhere to stop a low driven cross, would destroy his opponents for the ball and has pace and trickery witch basically makes him a complete defender. Smalling is showly being implemented into the team back. Fellaini was actually really solid, intersepting the ball constantly and covering a lot of ground. Pogba was the thing he have needed in midfield tho since Scholes. He is a beast. Intercepting, tackling, passing, attacking, drivbling...he is just a complete midfielder and even tho he did make some bad passes and had 1-2 bad touches i think that will go out with a couple of games. Rooney i think is a must in the team, since he not only got an assist, but his style of play gives calmness but in the same time silent threat witch is needed to every team. Mata had a great game as well, even tho he got unnoticed, tho on the other side, Martial looked frustrated and this showed in his game. Zlatan was Zlatan as Scottsy said, wouldn't be surprised if i see him as the top scorer at the end of the year - 4 goals in 3 competitive games...

I will give my predictions on the matches today later ^^

more_horiz
Sooo Man City beat Stoke 4-1 in what looks to have been a solid victory...watched the first 40-ish minutes and got bored tbh, tho i did saw the two goals from Aguero and the other I don't dont know...

There are 5 matches starting in less then half an hour, so I'll give my unneeded predictions, while alos double posting chet welp Razz

Spurs vs Crystal Palace - 2-1 - Yesterday Palace broke they're club record after signing Cristian Benteke from Lolpool, tho I doubt he will start today (Not that i think this would've changed my prediction.). I wouldn't be much surprised if Spurs scores a couple more goals, since i think that after the departure of Bolasie to Everton, Palace will be very weakened. Spurs will definitely want to get a win, after failing to against Everton, so i do see them coming out with the 3 points, even after the little inconsistent play we saw last week.

Swansea City vs Hull City - 0-0 - After an impressive start to the season by Hull who have not sighned anyone and by many were tipped to finish bottom of the table they are taking on a side that has it's problems as well. While it would be very great if they manage to squeeze a win again today, I still think that even with the departure of some players lead by Andre Ayew, Swansea still have enough to hold the trusty for points newcomers.

West Brom vs Everton - 0-2 - With the strengthening to attack in the face of Bolasie, Everton will be a much better side and if Lukaku finds his form again they might have a very fierce attack. The departure of Stones i think will be for the better then the worst, since the player wanted the move and wouldn't have put his heart on the field, witch could've lead to unpredictable mistakes. West Brom are a solid side, tho i think that Everton will get there first 3 points in a solid win. 

Watford vs Chelsea - 1-3 - Chelsea, much to my surprise look solid on the field and the atmosphere and team spirit looks off the charts yet again with the very impulsive and emotional Conte at the helm of the team. Hazard back to form is definitely something very scary to every PL club, and Costa is back, breaking legs, and scoring important goals. Watford as I've discussed before do have problems on there own, with a new manager and some problems to work out. If Ighalo and Deeney could find there deadly partnership from the start of the season this will give Watford a much needed edge to face some of the bigger teams with the same confidence, they did last season. For now tho, I see them scoring a late goal from some bad defending, that will unfortunately be only a consolation.

Burnley vs Loserpool - 2-4 - Well high-score games and Loserpool, still a better love story then Twilight, a Razz. All and all Kloop's boys look fierce in attack with Courtinho and Firminio leading the charts with great performances. Defense will still be a problem, but it think that as long as they can manage to score more then they let in, what is ultimately Kloop's philosophy, they will be ok. With Burnley's strack record over the last 4 seasons I don't think they will do much in the Premier League and will earn another ticket back to there beloved championship, and Liverpool will definitely not make them easy to prove me wrong. 

Leicester vs Arsenal - 1-2 - Well after all those sagas between Arsenal and Leicester's player came to an end after both Vardy and Mahrez snubbed them to stay with the champions, Arsene Wenger will be ken to show everybody that they don't need them (even tho they do). Leicester are definitely struggling atm, and even tho i think that they will have lots of opportunities due to the shaky 4-nal defense and maybe sneak a goal, there lost winning mentality and the obvious miss of the presence of Kante in midfield, will ultimately cost them the game...

And posting this the most of the games have started, so have a nice time watching if you are and will be back with the discussion on the outcomes after the games Football thread - Page 4 3974120512 

Last edited by Pepchoninga on Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
Well, yo were right on the amount of goals Burnley would score ... just wrong on the amount Liverpool would score. SMH, we're wayyyyy tooo hot and cold at times. Frustrating to be a fan of the squad tbh.

more_horiz
Welp I've discussed that this is the biggest problem in Kloops philosophy tbh...they are unpredictable and also inconsistent...that is thenonly thing that might cost you a top 4 finish tbh...

Also La Liga has started, but I'm to lazy atm to right something for it to Football thread - Page 4 3974120512 

more_horiz
Yeah, our defense is crap. We've got a good attack, but down back: we're lacking. and yepp, it indeed has begun. Espanyol don't play for a few hrs tho, so just waiting for that.

more_horiz
Your defence is crap, but mostly your players are tired...witch leads to inconsistent play...witch leads to no European competition welp Football thread - Page 4 3974120512 

Good luck to Espaniol then welp Razz 

more_horiz
Funny thing is: Last time we had no European competition, we almost won the league Football thread - Page 4 3974120512. And yea, will be good to see how Quinque Sanchez-Flores does in his return to La Liga management. Watford shouldn't have gotten rid of him tbh, but hey: their loss is Espanyol's gain haha

more_horiz
Yeah and last time you almost won the league, you had Suarez Razz let's not forget that...

Also didn't know Sanchez-Flores got all the way back to Spain...wow funny how some things go under my radar lol...Also true but it woudnt be Watford if they didn't sack there managers (7 in last 4 seasons lol) 

Also while I'm at it 
Juventus vs Fiorentina is curently on, so that means Seria A is also back ^^ all we need is Bundesliga now.

more_horiz
Yea haha.

Also, this game is entertaining as heck. 2-2 and just over 30 minutes in (Espanyol v Sevilla). Barca won 6-2 v Betis earlier as well. Sanchez-Flores came back to Spain in May. True about Watford though haha.

more_horiz
3-3 at Half time. Such an entertaining game tbh, good to see both teams going right at one another.

more_horiz
Sevilla completely running us over now, smh. It's like we ran outta energy at 1/2 time tbh lol. 6-3 Sevilla now.

more_horiz
Wow, what a great weekend for football...haven't come off the TV/Computer all day basically welp...obviously wasn't able to watch every game, but tryed to watch highlights of as much of them as posible, cuz i have nothing else to do really...

First, let's start by giving Scottsy the official award for best game commentator, witch he gets for that op chet triple post welp Football thread - Page 4 3974120512 

But now it's review time ^^
First up - The Premier League:

Spurs vs Crystal Palace - 1-0 - Overall, seems to have been a pretty uneventful game, with a late winner comming from an unexpected new signing Wanyama in the dying stages of the game. The highlight showed balanced chances from both sides, tho Spurs probably were the better team looking at stats, and should've in my opinion won more comfortably. 

Burnley vs Lolpool - 2-0 - was really wondering wether to watch this games or the Chelsea game, and in the end ended watching the first half of the Chelsea game and the second half of the Lolpool one, and let's just say I deeply regret this decision looking at the scores and when the goals were scored. Burnley had come with 2 good early first half goals witch just stunned Kloops players till the final wistle. This really needs to be a reality check for Kloop if he has any ambitions to finish in a top 4 place, since he cannot allow defeats like that. Liverpool looked lame and exhausted in the second half in my opinion, and seemed to be relatively ok with the score witch is absolutely unexeptable from a team that kicked the buts of last years runners up in the first round...

Watford vs Chelsea - 1-2 - Welp here is another game i wished i watched till the end...after a first half goal by Mazzerati's side had seemed enough a tight finish from new sighning Batshuayi in the 80th minute got the game back on there feats. The substitutions that Conta had done seemed to have made a big impact on the whole game in the final acts of the game, turning it into Chelsea's show. And ten once again for the second week running, Costa gives Conte the 3 points in yet another 80-ish minute goal. As i said in my preview, Chelsea's spirit looks to be a very important part in them getting anywhere near to any european spot, and if they keep getting results (maybe even more comfortably as the season progresses and the team bonds more) i might be proven wrong and see them sneak in a top 4 finish.

West Brom vs Everton - 1-2 - Welp seemed to have been a balanced game with some pretty decent cuances, and a much more threatening Everton side. Bolasie played only the last couple of minutes, comming on as a sub, but the displays of Kevin Mirallas have been quite impresive and he might be just as good of an option on either side of the field.

Swansea vs Hull City - 0-2 - Surprised yet again by Hull City...many people were putting them rock bottom in there predictions, as they have lost there manager, have a new ownewship and haven't really done anything in the transfer window, but after following an impresive win against PL champions Leicester and today's comfortable win against Swansea, we might be looking at the surprise team this season. Abel Hernandes (who is always been a solid striker, mind you) looked very sharp in the highlights, and registered a goal as well. Kept Swansea at bay and kept a clean sweet, witch just proves good things about there determination.

Leicester vs Arsenal - 0-0  - Arguably the most boring game of the day (maybe because it was the only one that didn't have goals in it welp), I actually regret watching it. Both teams for me didn't look interested in winning and just tryed to keep there nets clean, and even tho there were chances there weren't followed by mass extent of pressure. Looking at possession and shots, Arsenal were the better team, bu as we have seen many times, during the ladt few seasons with Wenger's team they do not always know what to do with all this domination of the game. Leicester off course know how to play without the ball constantly being in there possession, but again didn't show the hustle to win, that we so adored last season.

=====================================================================

Moving on now we have - the Seria A ^^

Roma vs Udinese - 4-0 - This seems to have been a total domination by Roma, both possession wise, shots spwise, and obviously, score wise. The goals were mostly scored during the later stages of the second half, tho from what i see, I think Roma could well be ready to yet again try and give as much competition to Juventus for there title. 

Juventus vs Fiorentina - 2-1 - Now that was an interesting game. I did watch some of it, and well Juventus while winning relatively comfortably, even tho the score doesn't say so, they could've and should've won by quite some more. The Fiorentina defence was letting Juve play around there box too easily, witch ultimately lead to a great cross by Bonnuci and a solid header by sami Khedira. I didn't watch the Fiorentina equalizer but it seems to have been a rare chance by Fiorentina from a corner that should've probably been dealt by Alex Sandro. The winner was scored by Gonzalo Higuain, who played around 15 minutes and has already opened his goal tally, from a pretty sneaky tap-in. I do have to comment that he definetely seems to have been hiting the jym since he does look quite a lot batter now (don't really see that belly fat lel). Overall finishing from Juve should've been better today, and maybe that is something Max Allegri will be working on the training ground in the next couple of weeks.

===================================================================

And finally we have the goals galore that was the opening daynof the la liga...

Barcelona vs Betis - 6-2 - Barca just bruised though this opening fixture. Suarez has just been mind-blowing, yet again getting a hat-trick and like making it something like 7 games, 16 goals in la liga and 4 hat-tricks witch is exceeding Messi and Ronaldo levels even. Talking bout Messi he did sneek in with 2 goals and some assists as always, and Arda showed that he is not a flop, by yet again scoring. Also In not match related news - Barca have confirmed, that a deal for Bravo has been agreed witch is probably sad for you Catalan fans.

Sevilla vs Espaniol - 6-4 - wasn't planning on watching this game, but after i saw all the fuss that Scottsy was making about it I desided to find myself a stream for that too and watch the final 20 minutes of the game. Haven't found any highlight videos of the game yet, to catch on the other goals and chances in the first half, witch looks like were alot welp, tho i will do it, mostly out of interest. What i saw tho, was just a Sevilla team that wanted the game to finish and a Espaniol team that was crying how could they be loosing after all the effort. A last consolation goal did game, tho for me, it just made the defeat for the fans and the players even more sad. Looks like overall it was a terrific game of football, and maybe Scottsy could tell us a bit more about it...

This took way to long, but i just like writing long posts so yeah...

Last edited by Pepchoninga on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:25 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
I have been avoiding to post in this topic for long enough ^^

Well, I'll start off with my team's perfomance since it's my team after all Wink 

Betis had a good beginning and got an early goal just like Sevilla. Not much to tell about the game that's not known already. No words to describe Messi, Suarez is a fucking beast and rest of the team is on a very high level too. We can tell that Betis is actually lucky to have only six goals in their net. 

Not much to tell about Liverpool. We are already used that they offer a bad perfomance after a good one. Coutinho is an amazing player, but in my opinion he's a little bit too selfish. He has to work on that.

Great comeback by Chelsea. Batshuayi is a good signing and Costa is a man in form too! Pedro and Oscar are shit btw, Moses and Fabregas should have an edge on them. 

Arsenal and Leicester? In my opinion two upcoming dissapointments in this season. Hope I'm wrong. Though, I'm more sure about Arsenal than Leicester.

Chickens got lucky at the end. 

Overally, it's been a nice football day. Manchesters and Chelsea are still sailing all good!

more_horiz
Lol edited my post, to make it even longer welp...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply