Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Football thread

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+3
ScottyAdams
Pepchoninga
Lux
7 posters

descriptionFootball thread - Page 6 EmptyFootball thread

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Football thread - Page 6 Uefa-champions-league

Note: this is the thread about the REAL football!

So with another exciting season approaching...let's get into heated conversation!

I'd like to say a few words before that, though. 

Please do not go too hardcore when commenting with trolls and stuff. We'll be trying to hold a nice discussion here!

We'll be covering all sorts of leagues and Champions League, of course. Feel free to discuss anything related to Football.

descriptionFootball thread - Page 6 EmptyRe: Football thread

more_horiz
International break depression  silent

more_horiz
Shout out to Kosovo, who got a draw in their 1st ever 'official' competitive fixture against Finland. Good to see them at least have a point from the game.

Funny thing is: EVERY Game in that group ended 1-1 (Iceland/Ukraine, Kosovo/Finland, Croatia/Turkey)

more_horiz
And england still playing shit...good things Lallana got his first international goal to secure the victory. 

more_horiz
play football>watch football

watching football is so boring ><

more_horiz
play football>watch football

watching football is so boring ><

more_horiz
That double post tho...

I like both tbh...

more_horiz
I'm gonna be honest: Phelan deserved Manager of the month. Yes, Jose/Pep/Conte went undefeated but they managed to meet expectations ... Phelan massively exceeded what people expected Hull to do, even after just 3 games. Even more so when you consider how threadbare the squad was and the circumstances going into this season for them. Hopefully he gets the reward he truly deserves tho; that is, the Hull job full time.

more_horiz
It was just 3 games tbh. Can't say he will do well till the end of the season. 

Jose deserved the award. He not only won his first 3 games, but let's not forget he got the community shield. And while this was not in the premier league fixture list, it still is a big plus in favor of Mourinho. 

more_horiz
Jose was 4th on my list, but of course, these things are decided by polls, so of course United are gonna have an advantage there Football thread - Page 6 3974120512. As for Hull: Even if they finish 17th, they'll consider this season a success; Phelan's the right guy for the job imo. As their squad grows and they start getting players back, I can see them staying up tbh. Yes, it's 3 games, and we cannot foresee how the season will go, but I think they'll do fine.

more_horiz
Well lol, United fans are a family bigger then blood. 

I was wondering if Hull can pull a Leicester or at least finish high in the table, but after the way they played against United (keep in mind United played pretty mediocrely for half of the game), I don't see them doing much against the big teams, tho they might be able to foght for a solid mid-table finish, which would be great for them.

more_horiz
Derby results.

Man U: 1
Man C; 2

City deserved this win; were the better team throughout the 90 minutes. Even more so in the opening 30-35 minutes, when they could easily have killed the game off. Bravo had a piss poor mistake to gift Zlatan his goal, but United woke up; worked their way back into it. Pogba and I did the same thing in this derby tho ... that being, absolutely nothing :p. I have the excuse of not playing tho Football thread - Page 6 3974120512. De Bruyne easily MotM.

Celtic: 5
Rangers: 1

Not much to say. Celtic dominated, Dembele got a hat trick and that was that.

more_horiz
City were the better team, but we deserved a draw. The Rashford goal was clear as day...The refs were brought...Clatenburg missed 2 hands...

more_horiz
I'mma need to look at the replays on that Rashford one, because it looked like Ibra (who was offside) may have touched it. Surprised you didn't bring up the fact Bravo could/should have been sent off for his tackle on Rooney.

Anyway: Liverpool 4-1 LCFC
Barca  1-2 Alaves.

more_horiz
The reason why the goal wasn't given, is because apparently Zlatan was preventing the play behind the defenders or some other stupid shit, that is definitely not implyed in situations like that. Ibra didn't touch the ball in any way, Rashford just showed why Bravo is not a better choice the Hart. Complete Bullshit.

Must've forgotten it really. I was so angry yesterday...if you look at the replay on slow-motion Bravo's right boot almost doesn't touch the ball if any, and it goes straight into Rooneys anckles. This, even if the ball was touched by Bravo and in this situation more then so. If Rooney wasn't a big lad, this could've lead to a serious injury...again, bullocks. 

The Otamendi hand was a definite penalty, even Mourinho said that he wasn't happy with those 2 decisions. 

I didn't watch any games yesterday, tho there were some other interesting results.

West Ham vs Watford - 2-4 - this looks like it was a cracking match, with West Ham dominating the match for the first half, then out of nowhere, Watford turn it from 2-0 to 2-4. Great performance.

Arsenal vs Southampton - 2-1 - it took a last gaso winner from Cazorla to win the game. Typical Arsenal if you ask me. 

Spurs also 4-0 against Sunderland I think. Kane also got his 50th goal in the Premier league. 

Liverpool seems to have demolished Leicester. If they continue like that, they will soon find themselves in the relegation zone. Mane has scored 10 goals in his last 11 Premier League games, which is phenomenal for a winger. 

more_horiz
Ibra TOUCHED the ball. You must be blind if you don't see that. City won all fair and square. United was just bad in general, lil' bit better at the beginning of the second half, but nothing special. 

And Pogba was so awful lol. 

more_horiz
Yeah he did, my bad. Anyway, Pobga had his moments.

But no, City didn't win fair and square...they were the better team, but still. At least TWO hands in the box weren't given. 

Don't argue with me on this, you will only get the same answer...

more_horiz
That Bravo tackle shoulda been a pen tbh. He had no control in the tackle and studs were up, but eh, refs are inconsistent.

Also, that was a soft penalty that gave Arsenal the win tbh. 

Just watch Payet's assist from the West Ham game. Absolutely brilliant.

Spurs won 4-0 v Stoke, not Sunderland btw.

more_horiz
Meh, Clatenburg was bought by arab money. Nothing new under the sun.

Yeah lol, that rabonna looked fabilous. Sadly they lost to the overall better team.

Yeah Stoke, always messing them up lel Football thread - Page 6 3974120512 

more_horiz
Stop looking for an excuses and admit that United was the worse team on the pitch. Goddamn.

more_horiz
I said they probably were the worse team, but they didn't necessarily deserve to lose. 

At least TWO penalties shoul've been given. 

more_horiz
Barca has lost too. 

more_horiz
That was a strange one, I will admit...

more_horiz
Liverpool starting well this season. Then again, we have been facing big teams lmao --- More worried about Hull next than I was against Chelsea lmao (We play up or down based off our opponents lol. Shit as favourites).

more_horiz
Pep must have lost his internet connection or something ... Step up and take the banter man. LOL, UNITED. WATFORD THO! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ... Flopba showing why he was overpaid for also. Capoue > Flopba.

more_horiz
Pogba is so fucking bad lol.

3 losses in a row, strange things happening in the Red side of Manchester :/ 

more_horiz
No comment. 

more_horiz
More importantly, Liverpool are above United on the table Razz.

At least Sadio Mane's proving to be worth his pricetag lmao.

Also, Icardi is a f*cking beast. Inter 2-1 Juve. Great game too

more_horiz
Fuck off Lamerpool scrub  Football thread - Page 6 4204681869

If you can't support 'em when they lose, you don't deserve to support 'em when they win.

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!

more_horiz
I'mma be honest: Jose NEEDS to get the team balance right for you guys; that includes the CM partnership. I actually rate Fellani, he's a reliable player who's responsible on the ball and helps the CB's out, but he DOES NOT mesh with Pogba. Pogba's not a playmaking CM, neither is Fellani: neither one of them is gonna give you that killer ball outta midfield. United do have a better option in that regard --- Michael Carrick. Dunno why he didn't come on v Watford, would have been the game breaker you needed. Heck, I'd try Carrick/Pogba in the CM spots; see how it works at least. I do also believe the pricetag has put some additional expectations on Pogba, but he's not a goal scoring CM. Sure, he scored a few screamers at Juve, but his Goals to games ratio was like 1:6 lmao.

more_horiz
Pogba is a complete midfielder, when at his best. He can take the ball, then go on the dribble, do a one-two and then bang a screamer. He also scored more goals in 3 seasons then Modric and Kroos combined (take this with a pinch of salt.) 

Carrick is our best option for Pogbas parthner, since His experience and knowledge on how to support all tipes of midfielders would be crucial. 

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply