Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[Suggestion] Bringing Guilds/Teams Back to DA.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+16
Kyou
spottysn1per
Amy Kool
PowerNova
Bubbles
Centrik
the white knight
DefinitelyNotXrai
Dovahkiin
FenixFX
Linda-Senpai
Order of Chaos
Kandy.JPEG
BlackWarGreymon
Skitoritto
Anzo
20 posters

description[Suggestion] Bringing Guilds/Teams Back to DA. - Page 2 Empty[Suggestion] Bringing Guilds/Teams Back to DA.

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

It's awkward for an Admin to make a suggestion, but this is one of those things that i need to discuss with DA's members not with DA's staff, at least at first.

I was thinking about this for a while now, what do you think of having Teams/Guilds inside DA? We ran this event before in the past, like, two years ago or more maybe. At first, it worked pretty well since we had plenty of members interested in Teams, and DN wasn't really a big scene. But, after DN started to take good care of teams competition, we kinda had to shut down that idea.

This time however i intend to to this differently, for instance, there will be only 5 Teams/Guilds, each is led by a Staff Member, either an Administrator, Moderator, or a Professor, where each team is capped at 7 members maximum. With that, we'll have 5 small teams/guilds playing competitively with each other. It's more like Dorm Wars, for those who don't know what dorm wars is, then ask around.

This is more like a rough draft, to see how the majority will react to it, if you like it, then post below and tell me why, if you do't then post below and let me know why. Also, if you like if but you believe it'll not be active, let mention why as well.

I'll be waiting for your replies.

description[Suggestion] Bringing Guilds/Teams Back to DA. - Page 2 EmptyRe: [Suggestion] Bringing Guilds/Teams Back to DA.

more_horiz
Bringing them back is hard since they are busy at their lives or died.

description[Suggestion] Bringing Guilds/Teams Back to DA. - Page 2 EmptyRe: [Suggestion] Bringing Guilds/Teams Back to DA.

more_horiz
the white knight wrote:
I agree too

Also bring bag the old duelists xD

Old duelists arent needed when you have the greatest of all time still here.

more_horiz
the white knight wrote:

THIS

more_horiz
Rika Furude wrote:

Thank you, Rika Razz

more_horiz
Bubbles wrote:
the white knight wrote:

THIS

IS QUITE POSSIBLE

more_horiz
Dovahkiin wrote:
Rika Furude wrote:

Thank you, Rika Razz

Just kidding he's right here.

more_horiz
I have almost everyone on my Skype, but i can assure you non of them is interested in this game right now.

more_horiz
Dont have your skype>

I really want to do this team thing. It would be amazing ^o^

more_horiz
I'm still undecided whether members should be permitted to be team leaders, i'll post here when i make my mind.

more_horiz
Guilds were pretty fun. Only thing I have to say is there should be some type of prerequisite at the least, and not something simple.

more_horiz
Give me a digimon guild!

more_horiz
^Charge him 50$ for that.

more_horiz
What is it there to think. It did not work out twice because of the fact that out of 100 ppl 1 is usually the smart one others are just smartasses, the idea itself was always great but its delivery failed miserable due to lack of imagination from staff at that time. Times changed, we have seen a lot of attempts for teams, we have seen how it works in DN with huge community and how it worked at KCTAU in small community and now you know how DA works: If you keep people entertained with ideas, its gonna work, if its just plain teams and wars, it will fail. So, the same old crap can work with just some twist to make it interesting and original to some extent. You ppl can do that I don't worry about it.

For allowing members, just limit the team creation item in shop by some nasty rules that member needs to have noticeable activity, lots of posts, lots of DP, and being ABD or ABD/Obi at least. More motivation for dorm rank ups cuz kids want to play papa's :D By rules of this sort, you can easily filter mass team creation yet leave open democracy when it comes to team making. Then tune it up by restrictions on team activity and that is it, you will always have serious leaders for teams as well as active teams on the roster.

One more reason to try this: It cannot go worse than now so why not, it can't hurt activity more lol. If it fails, we will just alter our story that we tell to ppl who suggest this idea always from "it failed 2 times" to "it failed 3 times" lol.

Peace Wink

more_horiz
Wha..ouh.hmm.a..o..t
SHE'R RIGHT I CANT EXPLAIN WHY BUT SHES RIGHT,DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

more_horiz
That's the thing, last two times we tried this members were able to create teams, but it ended up with no team leader being able to contact other team leaders to arrange for wars, but if that's something among the staff members, we can arrange for wars much easier.

But, since everyone wants to be able to create their own teams, then I guess I'll have to come up with some demonic rules for that.

more_horiz
You can charge them for having a team.
Like,everyone from ze team needs to play 100 DP ever 10 days;Something like tax or idk.

more_horiz
everyone who goes inactive gets a ban = prob solved

more_horiz
I dont like the idea of buyable teams :/

They just buy the team and it goes dead a lot of the time :/

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
I dont like the idea of buyable teams :/

They just buy the team and it goes dead a lot of the time :/

Having a rent is better e_e,they have to be active and duel from time-to-time that way D:.
Bring the duling back to DA :O!

more_horiz
So, this is me posting in an old topic just because I can.

I finally found some time to make a whole new cool system for teams, I posted a draft in the Admins section and tomorrow I'll post it in the Staff section for opinions, if the Staff seemed to like it, I'll make the announcement.

Basically, since everyone wants a team, I added a lot of restrictions, since i really didn't want members to be able to make their own teams, but with the restrictions I added, I'm a bit less worried about having dead teams, I'm positive the system I've created will work perfectly with the kind of members that we have.

So anyone have anything they'd like to recommend, only asking because I'm still adjusting the System, even though you haven't seen it yet, perhaps there is something in your head that can be useful to the System, so spit it out.

more_horiz
Go Anzo!

more_horiz
Oh, and spoiler alert: There is Pink Basement Format LOL

more_horiz
I like the sound of this, I obviously have no knowledge of how it ran before but it sounds fun and gives good opportunities!

more_horiz
It's super fun :D

Dont worry you'll get the hang of it when it starts.

more_horiz
Yh as long as there is a thread on the rules and info it should be easy to pick up! Not fully sure we have enough fully active members to get the 35 needed though!

more_horiz
Something better than "lets be no 1 team" goal. When they see that one or two teams dominate, others will just stop trying and there you go, teams are dead again. Times are much different from the era of great teams where people actually found it challenging to raise from the absolute zero like LE or other great teams did. It doesn't have to be lets do it soccer style, form a league and may the best be first. I don't know what you have in mind, so this is just my opinion on the classic team policy that we had in BC, BC/KCTAU, DA, DC and now DN. In BC it worked cuz at that time it was an invention, the whole teams idea. In KCTAU it lived its best times, in DA and DC it never did work out well enough and in DN it works because new generations want to try it out, however it is not near the real teams experience KCTAU had due to large amount of teams where you are best if you war most of them all, not actually if you are the real best, same like DN rating system that no one gives a fuck about due to same reasons.

So, something totally different or you can do the classic league style however you need to have a great motivation behind it cuz that policy ruined guilds in DA twice before.

more_horiz
I like the way your mind works, you nailed it there actually. But, I had all that in mind while working on the new system and I made sure no team will dominate unless they truly deserve it. Also, I made some interesting war formats. Beside, I'm using this to make sure every members has his own role in all of this, It's not like being a team leader gives an individual 100% decision-making authority, some decisions regarding a team actually requires some of the team's members as well. I don't want to spoil it but there is just so many things i added to this new system that it cannot be compared to what we had before.

more_horiz
wait anzo is doing something

more_horiz
Surprising I know.

more_horiz
Duel Academies where formed to produce good players for the team wars,am I right?
You first need to steam up the factory to be able to get more quality items out in the market,so make learning happen here,once you do that then go for Teams.
~Just my opinion

P.S:
We need rule models (Like TCG being obsessed with Patric Hoban and his "Innovative" ideas).You know,someone to lead them to the unknown and inspire them to innovate.

Last edited by Skitler on Sat May 03, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply