Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Bringing back the Youtube Channel.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
DefinitelyNotXrai
Aaron Nightshade
merik300
Alikaey
Skitoritto
FluffyTots
10 posters

descriptionBringing back the Youtube Channel. EmptyBringing back the Youtube Channel.

more_horiz
As we know the dueling community from DN is roughly about 400,000 plus people. And that's what we seem to be getting our members from only. But, if we were to include another source of getting people, we could have double the amount of members we already have. Compared to DN with 400,000. Youtube has roughly about 35 million people. And who knows, a majority of that could be looking for a YGO forum. So I propose we bring back the youtube channel. This is because I am now able to record again and can do much more now. If in favor, just say I like this.

descriptionBringing back the Youtube Channel. EmptyRe: Bringing back the Youtube Channel.

more_horiz
Agreed with above poster , more members = more fun .

descriptionBringing back the Youtube Channel. EmptyRe: Bringing back the Youtube Channel.

more_horiz
Yeah, sure.

more_horiz
more peoples , make this site even better:)

more_horiz
This sounds like a top idea.

On top of that, it'd be really fun to watch these duels, and spectate video recordings of matches taking place. Perhaps recording full tournaments and uploading them in full in the future sometimes perhaps?

more_horiz
I need more videos to stall my life at. Please do it.

more_horiz
Well so far, the only people I know that can record quality videos are me and Ali. If anyone else can, please tell. If DA doesn't want a channel, we could just do our own thing.

more_horiz
sup fluffy talked to you about this problem before so yeah im cool.

more_horiz
FluffyTots wrote:
Well so far, the only people I know that can record quality videos are me and Ali. If anyone else can, please tell. If DA doesn't want a channel, we could just do our own thing.
Me and Centrik are working on quality videos. Dunno how it's going on his side.

more_horiz
We're working on sorting out the channel now, but only current staff will be allowed to record and upload videos.

more_horiz
Why would only staff be allowed when "Members" can also contribute as well if not more than staff? Unless you guys are planning on making a new rank then I don't mind.

more_horiz
FluffyTots wrote:
Why would only staff be allowed when "Members" can also contribute as well if not more than staff? Unless you guys are planning on making a new rank then I don't mind.
Because we can't trust just anyone with our channel. If members have access to it, then they can upload whatever they want, delete whatever they want, and even delete/close the channel, or change the password.

more_horiz
Don't give it to every member ._. Just give it to people that can record and stuff. Why the hell would you give it to everyone?

more_horiz
FluffyTots wrote:
Don't give it to every member ._. Just give it to people that can record and stuff. Why the hell would you give it to everyone?

Why would we give it to non staff that can record, when there are staff that can record? We can't just trust someone with it simply because they know how to use a screen recorder.

more_horiz
How about this. Don't give out the password to non staff members, but students who can record can record for the channel, and then forward the video file to staff to post on the channel?

That way students can contribute, and staff can feel that the channel is in safe and secure hands.

Just a suggestion.

more_horiz
Naito Raizu wrote:
How about this. Don't give out the password to non staff members, but students who can record can record for the channel, and then forward the video file to staff to post on the channel?

That way students can contribute, and staff can feel that the channel is in safe and secure hands.

Just a suggestion.

Fowarding a video file isn't that easy. Unless it's a very short video.

more_horiz
Ugh, trying to talk Logic into N is like telling A-ROD not to do Steroids ._. I won't bother, Naito, we'd have to send the .avi files via something like Skype or Email. But just saying big files can take hours to send to the staff member, and then hours to upload. But sure if that's what you really want, sure.

more_horiz
Fluffy there is no need to get offensive in your posts.

This has already been discussed with the mods and admins, so I'm gonna go ahead and lock this now.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply