Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Bringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+20
sonicflarex
Gremlin
gatrong2003
Bearer of the Mask
AngelicMinaj
TDS
Christopher Kaiba
Alikaey
Jikan
ALu
Ezekeil
Cinque
Frisky Badger
VoxPopulii
Anzo
LòKóS
Salader
DefinitelyNotXrai
Centrik
Jin Kazama
24 posters

descriptionBringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test EmptyBringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test

more_horiz
After a lengthy discussion, we have decided that we are going to be overhauling our testing system. This is Duel Academy, and Slifers are our main concern. We have noticed that only two people have passed  from Slifer to Ra in a long while, so we're changing how you get from Slifer to Ra, in addition to what you have to do to get there.

You all should have a room that you create in your dorm, yes? This is where you will store your accomplishments in Duel Academy. The more you do, the more you are rewarded for your efforts. Slifers can post on their dorm threads achievements they have, and when they have all of the required things done, as well as enough points to advance from Slifer to Ra, we promote them. Simple as that.

First of all, let's go over the test.

The test will be 50% rulings, 50% dueling. The pass mark on the tests are a combined total of 85%, but you need to get at least 75% on each test to take the other, and pass the exam.

So, as a few examples, if Anzo gets a 77 on one test and a 95 on the other, he will have passed the test accomplishment. If Amy Kool gets 80 on both tests, she will have failed the test accomplishment. If Jin Kazama gets a 98 on rulings and a 74 on the dueling, he will have failed the test accomplishment.

Slifer Accomplishments

Accomplishing things in DA is the new way of going from Slifer to Ra! The following are a list of accomplishments you can achieve:

Required:
Pass Slifer Test. Test is based out of 100. 50% Dueling, 50% Ruling Questions. Value in Achievements: 20.
Post 200 times. Value in Achievements: 10.
Duel at least 100 times. Value in Achievements: 15.

Optional:
Post 500 times. Value in Achievements: 10 (total: 20 - 10 at 200, 10 at 500).
Duel 250 times. Value in Achievements: 10 (total: 25 - 15 at 100, 10 at 250).
Get deck help. Value in Achievements: 5.
Submit a Pro Decklist. Value in Achievements: 5.
Have a Pro Decklist approved. Value in Achievements: 15.
Leave meaningful comments on articles, or correctly answer a lesson. Value in Achievements: 10.
Become a Staffer. Value in Achievements: 5.
Buy a shop. Value in Achievements: 5.
Participate in a Role-Play. Value in Achievements: 5.
Wager DPs in the Shadow Arena. Value in Achievements: 2.
Participate in a Tournament. Value in Achievements: 2.
Participate in League. Value in Achievements: 2.
Top 10 League or top 8 tournament. Value in Achievements: 5.
Win a League or Tournament. Value in Achievements: 10.
Participate in TCG/OCG Discussion (meaningfully). Value in Achievements: 2.
Submit a piece of GFX for review that receives at least a 50% approval rating. Value in Achievements: 2.

This seems complicated, but here's what it means.

There are 140 points in total. You need 110 to get from Slifer to Ra, and must have all of the required items.

If there are any questions, please post them here! I'll be taking care of this personally for a little bit to facilitate the changes required!

descriptionBringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test EmptyRe: Bringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test

more_horiz
Pretty easy with all those optional accomplishments.

Oh well, good luck Slifer. I see what you did there, Staffs.

descriptionBringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test EmptyRe: Bringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test

more_horiz
Pass is still 85 (combined) on the exam, so not exactly a cakewalk.

more_horiz
Thought it was 110. How about changing Ra's test too?

more_horiz
I see what you guys did there...
Get to Ra guys. I'll share a dorm.

more_horiz
Unrealistic because Anzo would Auto fail a test xD

more_horiz
Good luck slifers!

Wait do we have to count their achievement points?

more_horiz
Salader wrote:
Unrealistic because Anzo would Auto fail a test xD

That's why it says "for example" before he starts elaborating. Duh.

more_horiz
a bit confusing to understand but red > yellow

more_horiz
Basically, yes, this test is only for advancing from Slifer Red to Ra Yellow.

more_horiz
LOKOS wrote:
Good luck slifers!

Wait do we have to count their achievement points?
Read thread badmod ;d

They post what they have accomplished in their dorm room with links to them.

more_horiz
QUESTION! What if our Dorm room was burned down in a trashcan fire?

more_horiz
Did the trashcan burn too?

If no: Use that
If yes: https://youtu.be/CydR40n2kI4?t=6m47s

more_horiz
I don't see the point in this, Slifer's already > RA. Why would you go down on the ladder? D:

more_horiz
Because not everyone has accepted the fact he'll never make it out of Slifer, which is why your inner brain made it convenient to yourself that Slifer is > Ra in a way that you could feel better about your limited skill in this game. Period.

more_horiz
Monkey D. Anzo wrote:
Because not everyone has accepted the fact he'll never make it out of Slifer, which is why your inner brain made it convenient to yourself that Slifer is > Ra in a way that you could feel better about your limited skill in this game. Period.

Idkwatchatalkinabout *JADEN YUKI*

more_horiz
Say I wanted to let the mods know that I've been in 100 duels(I haven't). Now in my room am I supposed to have 100 links- one for every BA, SA, and P.H.G.P.P. I have been in? Or how does that work?

more_horiz
Put it in a spoiler.

more_horiz
That would take forever. I would rather stay a Slifer than spend hours linking a hundred+ duels to my dorm room. It's ridiculous to even expect that users will actually do that. Wouldn't it make more sense if we posted something like this?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/17/99/31/11/dnprof10.jpg

And if you felt the need to verify it you could look up our profiles for yourselves(if you really suspected someone of photoshopping).

more_horiz
I think the above screenshot is fine, and given I'm rolling it out, that's fine.

more_horiz
I was under the impression that it had to be BA duels, so watch the sass.

more_horiz
Oooh, sassy.

more_horiz
So each time we "complete" one of those requirements we get the points mentioned by the "achievement?" And if we rack up 110 we become Ra's?

Also shouldn't those whose pro decks have been accepted get a little more than 15 points? I mean they did put some creativity and some time to construct em.

more_horiz
Christopher Kaiba wrote:
So each time we "complete" one of those requirements we get the points mentioned by the "achievement?" And if we rack up 110 we become Ra's?

Also shouldn't those whose pro decks have been accepted get a little more than 15 points? I mean they did put some creativity and some time to construct em.

Your talking bout yourself aint you XD?

Anyway yeah 20 max should be good?

more_horiz
Nah, I think 15 points is perfectly reasonable. Not that hard to make a pro decklist.

more_horiz
Monkey D. Anzo wrote:

+1. That's a correct psychology theory.

more_horiz
Hey what about GXrs?

more_horiz
I think 20 would be ideal TDS. And yes Rai it has some level of difficulty to create a pro decklist considering how many were rejected in that sign up page xD

more_horiz
Jikan wrote:
Wouldn't it make more sense if we posted something like this?

https://i.servimg.com/u/f58/17/99/31/11/dnprof10.jpg

And if you felt the need to verify it you could look up our profiles for yourselves(if you really suspected someone of photoshopping).
so does this mean we can just duel 100 times on dn?

more_horiz
Christopher Kaiba wrote:
I think 20 would be ideal TDS. And yes Rai it has some level of difficulty to create a pro decklist considering how many were rejected in that sign up page xD
That's Alikaey. 15 is a fine number. But the thing is, accomplishing so much at a young age in Slifer is like Ra and a half worthy. Also, the list may seem intimidating, but there are so much easy ones to claim. It's just the process of of organizing a portfolio to me.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply