Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Our Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over]

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+10
TricMagic
Wingshine
The Brodie
skeletronlord
Linda-Senpai
EchoVision
Bladecharge
DanelerH
faervel
Alisae
14 posters

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over] - Page 2 EmptyOur Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over]

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Player list:
1. kyosuke kiryu
2. faervel
3. vequest The Brodie (Lux's Alt)
4. DanelerH
5. CrimsonOverlord skeletronlord
6. jjh927
7. Debi
8. Wingshine
9. Linda-Senpai
10. TricMagic
11. Olethros
12. Bladecharge
13. EchoVision

Game rules:
1) All decisions come down to a democracy. The moderator gets 14 votes.
2) Please place your votes using the following code. While using bold tags to place your vote is okay, using the following would be prefered. Your vote will not get counted if it's not bolded.:

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

3) Lynches will occur when one player has received the majority of votes. You may post during the twilight period between the hammer and the closing of the thread.
4) If unsufficient votes are made on any player, or a majority of votes have been made to no lynch, no lynch will be made.
5) Nights will last 48 hours.
6) Do NOT quote any private communication from me, nor any mason, scum, neighbour, or anything topics that may or may not exist. You may paraphrase, just don't copy it wholesale.
7) You MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless your role specifically gives you the ability to do so. The acception to this is any neighboorhoods, Scum PT, or masonry PTs you are involved in. I really feel like I should not be bolding this acception but whatever
Cool Days will last 7 irl days, or until a lynch (or no lynch) has been decided on.
9) Blue (#0099ff) is my color. Refrain from using it.
10) In the tragic event I drop off the face of the earth, @Nightbot will take my place and he has no say in this Wink.
11) Death is final, but a single contentless "bah!" post will be permitted, just make sure it has no content in said post.
12) The rules can be arbitrarily changed/added to by one party (me) anytime I am feeling greedy and/or evil.
13) Players not use factional and individual actions simultaneously unless their role PM explicitly says otherwise.
14) This setup is non-bastard.
15) Be nice, and try to enjoy yourself. BTW I'll send prods every 48 hours. Something like that.
16) Prod rules will be extremely strict. If you are going V/LA either inform me or put up V/LA flags. I will be very quick to replace for inactivity.
17) This setup will be reviewed.
18) hahaha I totally stole this rules thingy from a friend.

Setup Information:
1) The setup is confirmed as having 10 Town-Aligned players and 2 Scum-Aligned players. The 13th player's alignment may be {Town, Scum, Serial Killer}. Traitors and similar count as scum.
2) Alignments were randomized independent on picks. Flavour is not alignment indicative.
3) Only one pick is required but you can send three to make my life easier if you want.
4) From the day the game fills you have 2 days to send in a pick. Failure to do so and I will pick for you.
5) The game will be non-bastard and role madness.

Alive (7/13) :

Dead (6/13) :

Part 1: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49851-our-lost-pieces-part-i-d1
Part 2: http://www.duelacademy.net/t49938-our-lost-pieces-part-ii-d1

Last edited by Alisae on Wed May 10, 2017 2:18 am; edited 18 times in total

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Our Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over]

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
What do you mean you haven't picked yet? It's RANDOM. You're not supposed to put a bunch of thought process behind something random .-.

/vote DanelerH

If you won't start it, I will

I was mainly referring to that we're in the Pre-Game, so votes don't count yet.  Granted, it doesn't matter too much since RVS votes tend to change.
VOTE: Faervel

That's not what you said though. You specifically said that you haven't picked a vote yet, as if there was something to pick.

descriptionOur Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over] - Page 2 EmptyRe: Our Lost Pieces [Part I: Game Over]

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
What do you mean you haven't picked yet? It's RANDOM. You're not supposed to put a bunch of thought process behind something random .-.

/vote DanelerH

I was mainly referring to that we're in the Pre-Game, so votes don't count yet.  Granted, it doesn't matter too much since RVS votes tend to change.

That's not what you said though. You specifically said that you haven't picked a vote yet, as if there was something to pick.

Even if it's random, they're still "picked". Would you have preferred if I said "I just haven't randomly selected my vote yet."? Saying "picked" is much easier and is still a correct usage of the word.

more_horiz
Let us all play an Honest Game everyone.
And on that note, (-Vote: Debi-)

Hua... Can't actually bold it, never mind, think that may be it.

Voting him because of his habits. That's it.
Really hope to get my laptop back soon.

more_horiz
Actually, I suppose it was a bit of a poor wording on my part. Regardless, some good still came out of it. I have a Town-lean on Linda now. I don't think scum would find that worth pushing, bit Town would.

more_horiz
Everyone that treats you scummy for that opinion Linda is a bad player (Looking at Peps) it's a different opinion and is quite logical imo considering the trade-off can be not worth it but majority here thinks it worth so whatever.

Personal opinion: It's worth if it happens but not worth if forced.

I find your town-lean on Linda this early untrustable and a tad bit scummy.

Reasoning:There aren't many benefits of announcing a town-lean this early into the game. I see it as an attempt to gain Linda's trust...

Off-topic :

more_horiz
Also I really don't get the concept of RVS can someone explain it to me?

Like for example in this situation. Yeah Dan's lynched me but...so what? He legit said out loud that it's an RVS vote and I see little to no reason to care about it...

more_horiz
Random Voting System (RVS for short) is a mechanic only used Day 1, where people go out on a limb and cast a vote on whoever they think acts most scummy without any or with little information on that person's background. As the days go by and the player count decreases, more and more information is spreaded towards all players which can determine on who actually is scum and who is aligned with town.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

/vote DanelerH

Even if it's random, they're still "picked".  Would you have preferred if I said "I just haven't randomly selected my vote yet."?  Saying "picked" is much easier and is still a correct usage of the word.

But you don't put thought process behind something random. You JUST DO IT!!!

more_horiz
Wingshine wrote:
Random Voting System can backfire alot, especially in LyLo.

well it's not Random Voting System, it's Random Voting Stage which is a stage at the beginning of the game where people randomly vote in an attempt to try and find information. If someone is at l-2 and somebody votes them with an RVS reason in the beginning of the day and puts them at l-1, the person can get highly scum read as a real scum can just come out and be like KACHOW YOU GET DEAD with their vote cause l-1

RVS never actually happens in LyLo

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
I find your town-lean on Linda this early untrustable and a tad bit scummy.

Reasoning:There aren't many benefits of announcing a town-lean this early into the game. I see it as an attempt to gain Linda's trust...

Then I shall explain my read a bit more. Scum are overly concerned with keeping up a Town appearance. Let's say Linda had started a wagon and I was lynched by the end of Day 1. Scum don't want a mislynch traced back to them. It's much better for Town to begin the mislynch, then support it if they find it worth it. As such, I find Linda more likely to be Town. Granted, it isn't too strong of a reason (hence "lean"), but reads are always subject to change.

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
Also I really don't get the concept of RVS can someone explain it to me?

Like for example in this situation. Yeah Dan's lynched me but...so what? He legit said out loud that it's an RVS vote and I see little to no reason to care about it...

Random Voting Stage is to help get the game started. It can get reactions that lead to reads, but I prefer the data point it provides in Vote Count Analysis. Some of the questions that you ask yourself in it can use RVS to help answer them.

more_horiz
Also there's nothing that you really lose from RVS, so why not do it? I've kinda become accustomed to it because that's what they do every game on my usual forum

more_horiz
Alright, we got 10 out of 13 confirmed.
I am going to lock and write flavor.
Remember all votes before this post didn't happen, so if you want to revote them go ahead.

Last edited by Alisae on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
A portrait. A piece. Art. Beautiful art, may I add. Everything is. Well, beautiful. And good. And warm. It's like, happiness could be found. True, eternal happiness. And that is a great feeling, may I add. It's different from joy. Joy is a, short term kind of thing, ya know. Short term happiness. And I mean, I guess joy can be good. You experience joy, other people experience joy. I think that's what's going on here with joy?

But, it's not like that. It just happens then. It's a shield. Something to ignore burden and suffering. When deep deep down, you seet his joy, and you think "It doesn't mean anything." And that's because well, it's short. When it's over, you lose it. This never happens when you this, true, eternal happiness.

True, eternal happiness is like a portrait. A piece. An art piece. Beautiful art, may I add. You have to found your long lost pieces to put them together. But when you have found them, it feels soo good, god dam it feels good. You feel like you could do anything. But to do that you need to, well, find the pieces.

Last edited by Alisae on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Offical Votecount 1.1!
Not Voting (13) - Everyone

With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch.
The day will end at 4/30/17 at 12am or if majority has been reached.

Hey, I'm trying out something different with my VCs. This will hopefully provide more information and this should be a good change, but it's a lot more complicated so let me know if I mess a votecount up. Thanks :]

Extras
Changes From the Last Votecount :
Player Vote History Day 1 :
Players Who Have BEEN Voted Day 1 :
Voting Chronology Day 1 :

Last edited by Alisae on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
re-RVSing

/vote DanelerH

more_horiz
/vote TricMagic

i'm the only one allowed to be red

btw swearing is allowed, correct?

more_horiz
EchoVision wrote:
/vote TricMagic

we do it carelessly to no end, so yes

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
EchoVision wrote:
/vote TricMagic

we do it carelessly to no end, so yes

Although, it is much more polite if you don't.

more_horiz

more_horiz
Vote:Wingshine

more_horiz
Vote cast on Debi.

more_horiz
eh fuck it i don't care about being polite

more_horiz
Vote: Debi

more_horiz
Offical Votecount 1.2!
Debi (2) - Wingshine, TricMagic [L-5] (Leading Wagon)
DanelerH (1) - Linda-Senpai [L-6] (Counterwagon)
TricMagic (1) - EchoVision [L-6]
fearvel (1) - DanelerH [L-6]
Wingshine (1) - skeletonlord [L-6]

Not Voting (7) - The Brodie, Olethros, Debi, kyosuke kiryu, jjh927, bladecharge, faervel

With 13 alive, it is 7 to lynch.
The day will end at 4/30/17 at 12am or if majority has been reached.

Extras
Changes From the Last Votecount :
Player Vote History Day 1 :
Players Who Have BEEN Voted Day 1 :
Voting Chronology Day 1 :

Last edited by Alisae on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total

more_horiz
I feel targeted already. I even stopped my usual fun tactics 'cause you all complained.
[b]vote[/v] TricMagic

more_horiz
Debi wrote:
I feel targeted already. I even stopped my usual fun tactics 'cause you all complained.
[b]vote[/v] TricMagic

...How do you feel targeted? Because there's a single vote on you, while plenty of other people have votes on them as well .-.?

more_horiz
Vote: DanelerH

more_horiz
Debi wrote:
[b]vote[/v] TricMagic
For Future reference, I'ma count this now but don't miss up the tags next time otherwise I might not see it.

more_horiz
pagetop!

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply