Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
CrimsonOverlord
Wingshine
kyosuke kiryu
TricMagic
Alisae
DanelerH
10 posters

descriptionDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER) - Page 21 EmptyDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Player list:
1:  Debi
2:  TricMagic
3:  CrimsonOverlord
4:  Pepchoninga
5:  Alisae
6:  Linda-Senpai
7:  Wingshine
8:  jjh927
9:  Kyosuke Kiryu

Game rules:
1) All decisions come down to a democracy. The moderator gets 9 votes.
2) Please place your votes using the following code. While using bold tags to place your vote is okay, using the following would be prefered. Your vote will not get counted if it's not bolded.:

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

3) Lynches will occur when one player has received the majority of votes. You may post during the twilight period between the hammer and the closing of the thread.
4) If unsufficient votes are made on any player, or a majority of votes have been made to no lynch, no lynch will be made.
5) Nights will last 48 hours.
6) Do NOT quote any private communication from me, nor any mason, scum, neighbour, or anything topics that may or may not exist. You may paraphrase, just don't copy it wholesale.
7) You MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless your role specifically gives you the ability to do so. (The acception to this is the Scum PT).
8 ) Days will last 4 irl days, or until a lynch (or no lynch) has been decided on.
9) Blue (#0099ff) is my color. Refrain from using it.
10) If I am for whatever reason unable to continue moderating this, @Lux or @NightBot will take my place.
11) Death is final, but a single contentless "bah!" post will be permitted.  Just make sure it has no content in said post.
12) The rules can be arbitrarily changed/added to by one party (me) anytime I am feeling greedy and/or evil.
13) Players not use factional and individual actions simultaneously unless their role PM explicitly says otherwise.
14) This setup is non-bastard.
15) Be nice, and try to enjoy yourself. BTW I'll send prods every 24-48 hours. Something like that.
16) I definitely did not steal this from Alisae.

Setup Information:
1) The setup is confirmed as having 7 Town-Aligned players and 2 Scum-Aligned players.
2) The setup is Matrix6.  For more information, please view the sign-up thread or the following link:  Matrix6
 A B C
1 Jailkeeper VT Goon
2 Roleblocker Cop Doctor
3 1-shot BP Townie Goon Tracker
I am sending out role PMs now.  Once you have confirmed your role, you may begin playing.

Living :

Dead :

Potential Power Roles :

Last edited by DanelerH on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:32 pm; edited 13 times in total

descriptionDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER) - Page 21 EmptyRe: DA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

more_horiz
Obviously my reads were bad, but it's because I was new -_-

Ive never even heard of this game before until I joined

descriptionDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER) - Page 21 EmptyRe: DA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:

And that's okay.
tbh I was mostly SRing you based on associatives if that makes you feel any better.

more_horiz
Like shit people. Mafia is a hard game. Don't hurt yourself or others over getting tricked/fooled.

more_horiz
Kyo, first up, you decided that anyone who thought you were suspicious and voiced that must be scum.

Next, you went out and assumed that you were going to be the target of the lynch each day based on the kill rather than waiting for someone to make that push.

Your justifications for your reads were incredibly poorly done. Essentially, what you were doing there was deciding someone was suspicious, then trying to find reasons for why they are suspicious. That's the wrong order. It results in fallacy.

You also seemed to have a fair amount of difficulty in recognising you were wrong and reflecting on that. Self-awareness and introspection are vital to this game. Day 1, you tunneled Alisae heavily. When I started to find you suspicious because of that, you decided I was suspicious too. Day 2, I was dead and that was because I found you suspicious and it was an elaborate mafia plot to lynch you. You were basically getting huge amounts of attention on yourself for no town benefit whatsoever.

By the way, from day 1-
Still keep my vote on alisae for reasons mentioned in last times post. My 2nd scum lead is still JJ for the reason stated above I'll use the time we got left to make any last minute changes if more clues arise

There was never any reason stated. Personally, I scumread you primarily for total lack of logic.

So yeah, I think that's most of it.

more_horiz
What did you think out of all my actions, jj?

more_horiz
And yeah Wing, survival =/= good play. I was flattered to be killed N1, and then slightly disappointed when I learnt Alisae was doctor- though I assume Ali healed Linda because he thought Linda was cop and thus too valuable to lose, not because Linda was the most likely to be attacked.

In response to your question I just saw in new posts- honestly, I thought you did pretty well. You had your head screwed on through most of it, and I nullread you day 1 unlike the few who scumread. Crimson was eyeing you up as a mislynch target for later in the game at that point, though, and you were the second most suspicious person on the Debi wagon that fizzled out in day 1. I personally believe there was a massive and glaring gap between how suspicious you were and how suspicious Tric was there, though. I know I'm saying this was really important with hindsight, but I did say on Crimson
The Wingshine vote is a very interesting point here that deserves analysis. I personally think Tric was more suspicious than Wing out of that group, duly noting that I was also part of that group.
in my reads, and this should absolutely have been pushed.

You could do with pushing people a little more if you ask me, but so could a lot of people. Experience and confidence in that should come at the same time.

more_horiz
No jj you had a good read on Crimmy and Crimmy could safely kill you without having to deal with arguements that are just WIFOM. But that plan could also be part of it.

more_horiz
A. I thought Linda was a PR
B. Linda was obvtown so even if they weren't a PR, the possibility of them getting the NK is still there.

Yeah Wing your logic is wierd and confused me, but that's the sorta logic that would come from town moreso then scum so...

more_horiz
Not necessarily true, or thought through.

If someone had made a push on Crimson because I died N1 and I scumread him, that's not WIFOM territory. Town!Crimson would not have been a mafia lynch target. If Crimson was town in this game, he would have basically been Pep.

more_horiz
Tbh jjh, i just killed you cuz i didnt wanna read walls of text and when you corner someone, holy shit you go full ham.

Didn't really kill you in tie in to day 1 of you reading me as scum, cuz i thought your suspicions dropped

more_horiz
Anyone dieing because of reads is WIFOM. Anyone dieing because of reads is WIFOM. Anyone dieing because of reads is WIFOM. Anyone dieing because of reads is WIFOM. Anyone dieing because of reads is WIFOM. Anyone dieing because of reads is WIFOM.

more_horiz
That means it's irrelevant unless you're good at translating that stuff.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Tbh jjh, i just killed you cuz i didnt wanna read walls of text and when you corner someone, holy shit you go full ham.

Didn't really kill you in tie in to day 1 of you reading me as scum, cuz i thought your suspicions dropped
You're scum. You could just not read them and let the wallposts induce apathy.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:

It's okay you'll get better the more you play.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
kyosuke kiryu wrote:

QFT

more_horiz
My first games were god awful.
Then I got better.

more_horiz
Ali, you're looking at it all very wrong.

The dilemma on this particular kill has 3 possibilities.

-I was targeted entirely dependent of my reads.
-I was targeted because my reads point at mafia.
-I was targeted because my reads pointed at town.

3 is irrelevant. Town!Crimson would not have been a lynch target, because shifting an attack onto him without the one guy suspicious of him have been far too much work.

So if it's a WIFOM as you say, we're looking at 1 or 2. Okay, so what's the deal with scenario 1? Oh yeah, bullshit. My gameplay in day 1 was centred around two things- getting that claiming strategy done, and it was already done, and accurate reads. To be threatened by someone's gameplay, you'd need some kind of hint that they are going to find you. If I'd had Crimson as a high-up townread, do you think I'd have been killed?

Information based off of a dead person's reads should not be dismissed as WIFOM. Especially considering that literally anything that is not follow the cop is by some definition WIFOM, but you've got into a mindset that disallows certain pieces of information because you associate them with the term. I feel it ought to be reserved for situations in which you really are looking blindly at a 50/50.

more_horiz
independent, not dependent.

more_horiz
No I'm talking about in general, not in this specific case.

more_horiz
But if it's a general case then it applies to all cases. This is a proof by contradiction.

more_horiz
What about Option 4 where you are killed for being obvious Town, regardless of your reads?

more_horiz
That's option 1. Also, apparently I wasn't obvious town this game.

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
kyosuke kiryu wrote:

QFT

Less abbrevations please

more_horiz
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commonly_Used_Abbreviations

Mafiascum wiki tends to be a good go-to when things you aren't familiar with pop up.

more_horiz
He means quoting for fact or something lol. But yes less of that abbreviation next game.

more_horiz
Also, next time don't allow self voting like debi did

more_horiz
Oh, you corrected it in the next post. I was still reading it as "dependent". Still, apparently Crimson just killed you because xe didn't want to read walls.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
If I didn't die, I was going to post this going into D3
Yo I wrote this overnight.

DO NOT EVER SELFHAMMER AS TOWN JESUS FUCKING CRIST THATS WHAT WE CALL GAMETHROWING.
IF YOU FEEL LIKE YOU ARE NOT HAVING FUN IN A GAME JUST REPLACE OUT
IT'S THAT EASY.

Tho as scum you can selfhammer. By selfhammering as scum what you are doing is you are ending the discussion early so town has less time to hunt. I selfhammer as scum sometimes when I know my lynch is inevitable. Less time for town to discuss things the better.

But in all seriousness, Debi selfhammering and thinking he nailed scum was a dick move. But that's okay, apparently I'm the worthless anti-town trash that doesn't deserve to have a voice. And he didn't even nail scum, his CC means nothing.
But hey, my opinion doesn't matter.
So I'm going to place this vote here.
And catchup
VOTE: Kyosuke

Tl;dr Selfhammering as scum is fine. Selfhammering as town is gamethrowing. Don't do it UNLESS YOUR DEATH MEANS SOMETHING. As town you should ALWAYS be fighting back against your lynch.

more_horiz
Self-voting is fine if you're self-hammering as Mafia since it ends the Day early to allow less time for Town to discuss. Town should not have a reason to self-vote. That was Debi's own fault.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:

Agreed 100%. Self voting is pointless, dumb, and very poor sportsmanship

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply