Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
CrimsonOverlord
Wingshine
kyosuke kiryu
TricMagic
Alisae
DanelerH
10 posters

descriptionDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER) EmptyDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

more_horiz
Player list:
1:  Debi
2:  TricMagic
3:  CrimsonOverlord
4:  Pepchoninga
5:  Alisae
6:  Linda-Senpai
7:  Wingshine
8:  jjh927
9:  Kyosuke Kiryu

Game rules:
1) All decisions come down to a democracy. The moderator gets 9 votes.
2) Please place your votes using the following code. While using bold tags to place your vote is okay, using the following would be prefered. Your vote will not get counted if it's not bolded.:

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

3) Lynches will occur when one player has received the majority of votes. You may post during the twilight period between the hammer and the closing of the thread.
4) If unsufficient votes are made on any player, or a majority of votes have been made to no lynch, no lynch will be made.
5) Nights will last 48 hours.
6) Do NOT quote any private communication from me, nor any mason, scum, neighbour, or anything topics that may or may not exist. You may paraphrase, just don't copy it wholesale.
7) You MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless your role specifically gives you the ability to do so. (The acception to this is the Scum PT).
8 ) Days will last 4 irl days, or until a lynch (or no lynch) has been decided on.
9) Blue (#0099ff) is my color. Refrain from using it.
10) If I am for whatever reason unable to continue moderating this, @Lux or @NightBot will take my place.
11) Death is final, but a single contentless "bah!" post will be permitted.  Just make sure it has no content in said post.
12) The rules can be arbitrarily changed/added to by one party (me) anytime I am feeling greedy and/or evil.
13) Players not use factional and individual actions simultaneously unless their role PM explicitly says otherwise.
14) This setup is non-bastard.
15) Be nice, and try to enjoy yourself. BTW I'll send prods every 24-48 hours. Something like that.
16) I definitely did not steal this from Alisae.

Setup Information:
1) The setup is confirmed as having 7 Town-Aligned players and 2 Scum-Aligned players.
2) The setup is Matrix6.  For more information, please view the sign-up thread or the following link:  Matrix6
 A B C
1 Jailkeeper VT Goon
2 Roleblocker Cop Doctor
3 1-shot BP Townie Goon Tracker
I am sending out role PMs now.  Once you have confirmed your role, you may begin playing.

Living :

Dead :

Potential Power Roles :

Last edited by DanelerH on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:32 pm; edited 13 times in total

descriptionDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER) EmptyRe: DA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

more_horiz
Offical Votecount 1.1!
Not Voting ( 9 ) : Debi, TricMagic, CrimsonOverlord, Pepchoninga, Alisae, Linda-Senpai, Wingshine, jjh927, Kyosuke Kiryu

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.
The day will end at 4/2/17 at 3:00 AM UTC or if majority has been reached.

Please let me know if I mess up a vc. Thanks.

Last edited by DanelerH on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER) EmptyRe: DA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

more_horiz
See later post :

more_horiz
I am NOT claiming 1-shot BP.

Also I am policy lynching anyone who decides that voting no lynch is cute.

more_horiz
Lmao that's very out of order, hold on, let me repost that wall.

Hey guyz
If this is your first time playing
You can click this link
to learn things about the game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/610087

With that said, we are going to do a thing.
First when it comes to Matrix6, you usually do not know what set up you are in.
SOOOOOOOOOO, we are going to take some sets to figure out what set up we are in.
Trying to figure out what set up we are in is important if we can figure out what set up we are in, scum will not be able to fake claim things!

Alright, so first, we are going to have the 1-shot BP Townie claim if any.

I am providing reasons! Look at them.

1) Scum often attempt to fakeclaim bulletproof. By claiming early, your claim has maximum credibility and take that avenue away from Scum in the later game.

2) Although it does not technically confirm the player as town due to the possibility of a Jailkeeper only setup, the lack of a counterclaim gives the bulletproof townie considerable leverage because scum fakeclaiming bulletproof have terrible odds at doing so successfully.

3) If there is no Bulletproof Townie, that information will help us in the next phase of breaking the game.

Now this is important, so pay attention...

If there is a bulletproof claim, there are three roles that can counterclaim it - bulletproof, cop, and doctor.

If you are the real bulletproof or a cop, the correct way to counter a fake bulletproof claim is simply to say, "I counterclaim.", regardless of which of those two you are.

If you are a doctor, wait until everyone else has refused to counterclaim before you speak up! Ideally, the cop will counterclaim and you can stay in the shadows protecting them.

--

If there is no bulletproof claim, the next step is Tracker claim.

The reasons for Tracker will be provided when the time comes. Do not claim your role early! It is imperative that every player be honest in every step of this process! This is not the time to be cute or gambit.

Doctor, Cop, & Jailkeeper WILL NOT be called upon to claim.

Lies will be treated as a scumclaim.

@DAN/MOD assuming you have permissions to edit, can you put my first post in a spoiler please, thank you

more_horiz
Oh yeah forgot my RVS vote.
VOTE: Linda
Lookin forward to it Wink

more_horiz
@DanelerH fuck I forgot this is how you do things. Assuming you have permissions to edit, can you put my first post in a spoiler please due to the double post. Thanks

more_horiz
You are energetic aren't you Alisae..
Given the abundance of us,
Vote: Linda-Sempai

Also, you stole first post...

more_horiz
Tric are you claiming 1-shot BP or not.
This is important.

more_horiz
Sorry Alisae, not BP.

more_horiz
What does one shot BP do? How does it make a difference?

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
What does one shot BP do? How does it make a difference?
A 1-shot BP is basicly a Vanilla Townie (VT) who has a bulletproof vest. Basicly if they are targetted for a nightkill, their vest will eat the kill for them that night. However they won't have the vest again for future nights.

Also FYI @DanelerH I should probably remind you that the 1-Shot BP isn't sent a PM saying that their vest has been removed if they are shot, also the doc does not get notified if their healing was sucessful their target does not get a PM if they are sucessfully healed but I think you know this?

more_horiz
Are YOU a 1-shot BP?
Don't say what your full roll is, just gimmie a yes or no please :D

more_horiz
In that case I vote Alisae no shot BP btw.
VOTE:Alisae

Last edited by kyosuke kiryu on Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Use the bold tags to place a vote.

Or these

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

They're easier to see and sure do make the mod's life a hell of a lot easier.

more_horiz
Don't edit your post that's like cheating it's bad.
Just double post.
Or Triple post.
It'll make everyone happy.

more_horiz
Basicly when you use your special staff permissions to go edit a post manually like you do, you basicly get a chance to change it to something else and you get an unfair advantage that me and other people don't have and it gives people sads please don't do that. ;~;

more_horiz
Ugh, I forgot how annoying Alisae can be when he thinks he is the "best". Usefull information but your way of doing it seems kinda strange. 

There is scum motivation in finding out who is the bulletproof is IF THERE IS one. Why would you want to have this information early on as town? I belive that scum would benefit from this much more, because they'll know on who to not waist there night kill on. It would make sense if you were the BP since maybe this could help you in creating a solid town block, but I don't belive it's a good play for a BP to get into the open. There true power is that they can waist a scum's kill without scum knowing it. 

Also funny thing is that there is not much logic in talking and focusing so much on there being a BP so early if you don't actually know that there is a bulletproof. As town, thenonly real way to know this is if you are the said role. As scum however I will admit your only chance is to guess and there is a good chance you are wrong. 

Knowing you I could buy the fact that maybe you are just teying to confuse scum into some shit action and overall starting the discussion and trying to find leads but for this you will need to try and explain your actions, since for now, they could lean both ways.

more_horiz
Sorry wasn't trying to abuse, my first time so I'll post it again here is my 

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:alisae[/color]</strong></span>

more_horiz
Okay Look Pep.
This is a strat that's being used on MS by people like RC, Pine, mhsmith, -Grey-. You know, people that are GOOD at this game.
Not like you.

And having someone who is pratically CONFIRMED town in a 9 player Micro is WAY more useful then you think it can be.
btw Pep, as scum it's better to use a nightkill on the 1-shot BP so you can pick who you want going into Mylo. If you don't take out the 1-shot BP.

These claims help the JK, RB, and 1-Shot BP's winrate's improve as well as the Tracker Doc setup's winrate. Because those Winrates are fairly low. The 1-shot BP breaks the set up completely. (They're around 40% meaning the Tracker Doc set up is scumsided and the rb, jk, 1-shot BP set up is scumsided).

It's like you didn't read the reasons at all.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Sorry wasn't trying to abuse, my first time so I'll post it again here is my 

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:alisae[/color]</strong></span>

No worries :D
Tho it's in the code and you already did the damage but it's fine it happens, I'm pretty sure Dan counted your vote anyways.

more_horiz
If I was the 1-shot BP, I would claim and laugh in scum's face because they can't kill me. Well, this table wouldn't make an attempt to hit my BP vest. That is, if I WAS a 1-shot BP.

more_horiz
First time, and already we're having chaos.

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>VOTE: Debi</strong></span>

more_horiz
But why guide everyone as to what they should or would do @alisae
I get it, its useful info, but its like you are scripting a scenario and putting everything into place, so that you can have the best play without fear.

Also can we keep away from abbreviations please? It just makes posts confusing. 

Vote: Alisae

more_horiz
Back after the night and everyone's ganging up on Alisae... I believe she explained it in the first post, Alisae is looking to see What format we are playing. Also,
Wall of Text :

Wall of Text is Wall of Text. But now for the important bits.
{I}][Italics underline her effective proof that Alisae is town, please direct any arguments to disproving why this is not useful to figuring out what setup we are in. Given that Bold was used, for [Lies will be treated as scumclaim.] not a part of my edit.
{B}][Bold is, well, simply her being helpful.. A simple way of saying not to reveal exactly what you are. We'll come back to this.
{U}][An Underline denotes useful information, figuring out the setup let's us tell who fakes their roleclaims.

Now, I know I don't have a degree in this, but what exactly does this stem from Alisae? You have based your plan around having the BP reveal themselves; I would guess this. By having them reveal, we get a target for mafia. Supposedly this improves our chances. But if another says, "I Counterclaim", We suddenly have a chance to confirm. This is kinda where logic enters your headspace... For now, let's remember that piling on her any
Just two votes, nevermind. Kiryu's confused me it seems. So far it's, 2/2/1 for Linda, Alisae, and Debi.

more_horiz
Although this game may be new to me, the type of game is familiar to me as I often play Town of Salem. It is usually the silent ones who are scum.

more_horiz
@tricmagic alisae is a dude lol. Anyway yes, i read the reasons he posted, but it just seems like he has all this planned out and is simply guiding the sheep to follow it, so that he can assure he makes no errors in his playmaking.
Not to mention we can potentially misslych by ganging up on the person who claims BP because we dont believe him etc

more_horiz
As for every mafia game:
I claim Vanilla Townie
also /vote Alisae

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
But why guide everyone as to what they should or would do @alisae
I get it, its useful info, but its like you are scripting a scenario and putting everything into place, so that you can have the best play without fear.

Also can we keep away from abbreviations please? It just makes posts confusing. 

Vote: Alisae
So? I'm setting up a situation where we figure out the set up so that we can hunt. So why does any of this matter lmao.

more_horiz
@Debi, I will count your vote, but please bold or use the following code for future votes.  Thanks.

Code:

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply