Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

DA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+6
CrimsonOverlord
Wingshine
kyosuke kiryu
TricMagic
Alisae
DanelerH
10 posters

descriptionDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER) - Page 2 EmptyDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Player list:
1:  Debi
2:  TricMagic
3:  CrimsonOverlord
4:  Pepchoninga
5:  Alisae
6:  Linda-Senpai
7:  Wingshine
8:  jjh927
9:  Kyosuke Kiryu

Game rules:
1) All decisions come down to a democracy. The moderator gets 9 votes.
2) Please place your votes using the following code. While using bold tags to place your vote is okay, using the following would be prefered. Your vote will not get counted if it's not bolded.:

Code:

<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]VOTE:[/color]</strong></span>
<span style="background-color: #FFFFFF"><strong>[color=#000000]UNVOTE[/color]</strong></span>

3) Lynches will occur when one player has received the majority of votes. You may post during the twilight period between the hammer and the closing of the thread.
4) If unsufficient votes are made on any player, or a majority of votes have been made to no lynch, no lynch will be made.
5) Nights will last 48 hours.
6) Do NOT quote any private communication from me, nor any mason, scum, neighbour, or anything topics that may or may not exist. You may paraphrase, just don't copy it wholesale.
7) You MAY NOT discuss the game outside of the thread unless your role specifically gives you the ability to do so. (The acception to this is the Scum PT).
8 ) Days will last 4 irl days, or until a lynch (or no lynch) has been decided on.
9) Blue (#0099ff) is my color. Refrain from using it.
10) If I am for whatever reason unable to continue moderating this, @Lux or @NightBot will take my place.
11) Death is final, but a single contentless "bah!" post will be permitted.  Just make sure it has no content in said post.
12) The rules can be arbitrarily changed/added to by one party (me) anytime I am feeling greedy and/or evil.
13) Players not use factional and individual actions simultaneously unless their role PM explicitly says otherwise.
14) This setup is non-bastard.
15) Be nice, and try to enjoy yourself. BTW I'll send prods every 24-48 hours. Something like that.
16) I definitely did not steal this from Alisae.

Setup Information:
1) The setup is confirmed as having 7 Town-Aligned players and 2 Scum-Aligned players.
2) The setup is Matrix6.  For more information, please view the sign-up thread or the following link:  Matrix6
 A B C
1 Jailkeeper VT Goon
2 Roleblocker Cop Doctor
3 1-shot BP Townie Goon Tracker
I am sending out role PMs now.  Once you have confirmed your role, you may begin playing.

Living :

Dead :

Potential Power Roles :

Last edited by DanelerH on Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:32 pm; edited 13 times in total

descriptionDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER) - Page 2 EmptyRe: DA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
@tricmagic alisae is a dude lol. Anyway yes, i read the reasons he posted, but it just seems like he has all this planned out and is simply guiding the sheep to follow it, so that he can assure he makes no errors in his playmaking.
Not to mention we can potentially misslych by ganging up on the person who claims BP because we dont believe him etc
Lol why would anyone not believe the 1-shot BP if they were to claim. We're not going to potentially mislynch by lynching a claimed 1-shot BP, that's stupid Crimmy and you know it.

descriptionDA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER) - Page 2 EmptyRe: DA Matrix6 Mafia #1 (GAME OVER)

more_horiz
VOTE: CrimsonOverlord
Guyz, apparently according to this guy I am going to control the town and mislynch a 1-shot BP.

This is what scum looks like who is trying to stop town cohersion and is attempting to stop someone from taking charge that knows will lead the town against them.
Scum!Crimmy sees me as a threat so he wants to make an attempt to divide the town as much as possible by going after me.
Also saying we're going to mislynch the 1-shot BP is just stupid.

Crimmy what's scummy with me leading the town? What's scummy with me trying to figure out what set up we're in?

more_horiz
Offical Votecount 1.2!
Linda-Senpai ( 1 ) L-4 - TricMagic

Alisae ( 3 ) L-2 - Kysosuke Kiryu, CrimsonOverlord, Debi

Debi ( 1 ) L-4 - Wingshine

CrimsonOverlord ( 1 ) L-4 - Alisae

Not Voting ( 3 ) : Pepchoninga, Linda-Senpai, jjh927

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.
The day will end at 4/2/17 at 3:00 AM UTC or if majority has been reached.

Reminder:  Please remember to bold or use the tags in the OP for voting.
Please let me know if I mess up a vc. Thanks.

Last edited by DanelerH on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
No i didnt say that, dont overescalate what i said. I only disliked you trying to control the flow and predict every single pattern we should take, which seems scummy to me cuz you want everyone to walk towards your pit.

Pep is also against the bp1 claim. Im neutral against it, because it only dies to lynching, so im not afraid of x person coming out and them being a bullet shield for town, cuz they wouldnt be. 
But potential town conflict could arise from this claim, which is what the mafia would want.

more_horiz
What possible conflict could come out from the 1-shot BP claiming?

more_horiz
Someone fake claiming / maybe right claiming and then comes the counter claim from either a fake or  an actual bp?

more_horiz
So you're basically assuming scum will correctly predict a JK only set up, which has a 1/6th chance of occurring?
That is way too risky dude.

And if there is a claim or someone fakes a counter claim, then let them. A 1 for 1 trade is generally a good thing in Matrix6

more_horiz
counting

9/to8-7/L-4

7/to6-5/L-3

with a mafia 1 town 4.

5/to4-3/L-2

Huh, can't really get anything out of a skip day.
Linda, JJ, , can we get your opinion on this?

more_horiz
Why the hell is there a vote on me without a single reason given? Fuck that, I don't need that shit. If you intend to come at me, then bro, you better be fucking ready to back your shit up. Don't come at me with no pussy shit.

/vote TricMagic

Also, I still don't really don't understand Matri6. The chart and explanations only confused me further. Can we get a version for dummies?

more_horiz
And Alisae has a pussy ass no explanation vote on me too. Both of these votes at the literal start of the game. What the actual hell is going on here?

more_horiz
Lmao damn this is too funny

more_horiz
Alisae last game you were whining like a bitch about walls but I'm literally just know getting to read what's happened so far, and the first shit I see is you posting walls. What...?

more_horiz
*inhales* WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS GOING ON??? Wtf, why are 100% baseless, no reason given votes flying around and left and right and being treated as okay? What game are you guys playing???

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Also, I still don't really don't understand Matri6. The chart and explanations only confused me further. Can we get a version for dummies?

There are six potential setups, but only one is chosen (either Column A, B, or C or Row 1, 2, or 3).  The host does not tell the players which setup was chosen.

For example:  Column A gives Town a Jailkeeper and a 1-Shot Bulletproof Townie and gives Mafia a Roleblocker.  Row 2 gives Town a Cop and a Doctor and gives Mafia a Roleblocker.  In every setup, the remaining roles are filled with five Vanilla Townies and one Mafia Goon.

Does this explain it?

more_horiz
We playing Mafia? There's nowhere in the rules that say we can't vote without explanation, but sounding mighty suspicious right now hmmm

more_horiz
Okay, so I agree with Alisae on this but it should be explained with clear logic for all you naysayers. Apologies for the wall but rational arguments take up a lot of space.

Premises:
-Town would not fake a bulletproof claim or counterclaim.
-If mafia fake a counterclaim, we get a 1 for 1 trade.
-It is highly unlikely that mafia would fake a bulletproof counterclaim on day 1, as they would be risking the game on a 1/4 chance. (It would be 1/6, as Alisae said, but they would know whether there is a roleblocker in the setup.)

Thus, it holds that a bulletproof claim that did not go countered would be trustworthy, and if mafia did attempt a counterclaim we would still be in a better position.

The next thing to consider is what we are trying to achieve with this.

-If everyone agrees that this is the correct course of action, we will know whether or not we have a bulletproof.
-If we have a bulletproof, they are confirmed as town from day 1, preventing the mafia from making a claim.
-If we know whether or not we have a bulletproof, we will ALL have a greater idea of the setup. Unfortunately, this also includes the mafia. If a bulletproof reveals, the mafia knows exactly what setup we are dealing with.

A confirmed town, however, and one that cannot be killed unless the mafia waste a certain amount of effort, is incredibly valuable to town. More so than they would be hiding until lategame, because lategame the mafia would be in a better position to fake counterclaim. We do not want to be in a last gambit dealing with no information at all regarding whether to trust the real BP or a mafia pretending to be one.

Okay, so what happens if we don't get a BP claim?
-If there is no BP, we may eliminate setups 3 and A.
-If we are setups 1 or C, one of our power roles now knows the setup.
-The mafia may only eliminate one setup, as they can already narrow it down to either two or four setups based on their composition.

Therefore, if we do not get a BP claim, we still gain more information out of this circumstance than the mafia do.

I admit I am not familiar with the strategy that Alisae is going for, but I think I can follow it. The argument for the tracker claim following the BP stuff is as follows:

-Assume same premises as for all previous logic, and that there is no BP.
-If there is a tracker, we know we are in setup C and have a doctor who can heal the tracker, who is now a confirmed town with reliable results that cannot be roleblocked.
-If there is no tracker, we may eliminate setup C.
-The mafia will either have already eliminated this setup due to their composition, or will also gain this information.

From here if we do not get a tracker claim, I do not know the ideal play, but I do know it is going to rely heavily on us playing well as town. I would hope there is some way to eliminate either 2 or B, as this would mean the cop would have an idea as to whether they can trust null results, but I can't think of one without causing a role to reveal that would have no protection.

I also believe that town gaining information as to the setup is more important than preventing mafia from doing the same, because they start with more information than any individual towny.

As an endnote, I am not the bulletproof guy.

more_horiz
DanelerH wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:

There are six potential setups, but only one is chosen (either Column A, B, or C or Row 1, 2, or 3).  The host does not tell the players which setup was chosen.

For example:  Column A gives Town a Jailkeeper and a 1-Shot Bulletproof Townie and gives Mafia a Roleblocker.  Row 2 gives Town a Cop and a Doctor and gives Mafia a Roleblocker.  In every setup, the remaining roles are filled with five Vanilla Townies and one Mafia Goon.

Does this explain it?

So what's row 3?

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
So what's row 3?

Row 3 would give Town a One-Shot Bulletproof Townie and a Tracker.  Mafia would get a Goon (no power, other than the usual Night Kill).

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Why the hell is there a vote on me without a single reason given? Fuck that, I don't need that shit. If you intend to come at me, then bro, you better be fucking ready to back your shit up. Don't come at me with no pussy shit.

/vote TricMagic

I can explain my vote.
My vote was RVS (Random Voting Stage). Basicly best way to start out a game is to randomly vote people (also it's a great icebreaker) to see how they react. Tho right now I do think you are overeacting. You aren't really anywhere in lynch range like me. TBH I'm townreading you for your frustration here.

And that's why I'm asking people to claim 1-shot BP or not, to try to figure out what set up we're in so Matrix6 will be less confusing.

more_horiz
hmp.*.*.*, this is too funny. To tell you the truth, a no vote will just get us to mylo faster. and until we know what roles are active..

We've gotten a bit of info with where everyone's votes have gone so far. Now, my (No basis?) reads.

In order,
Alisae/Null/Townie?
Alisae's Wall was more of a infomercial, good for new players, not so much veterans. You're going to have to ask her for her opinion.

kyosuke kiryu/town-read
Don't really see his vote on Alisae as anything other than need to vote someone.. This may change at a later date but I think he's good.

Pepchoninga/Null/No-reads
This guy plays aggressive regardless of alignment. Reading him is like judging a book by it's cover...

Wingshine/Null/Null-read
No Idea on his playstyle, but voting Debi because of silence. He's been around, but posted later. No need to remove the vote, other than Alisae being Bandwaggoned.

CrimsonOverlord/Null/Scum-read
Voting Alisae and dismissing her points out of hand. Why Crimson is voting, I don't know, but that does seem suspicious.
Second page offers some clarification, but that makes the vote against Alisae mean even less. If BP is going to reveal, they're reveal. And that gives us some info no matter what set-up we're in.

Linda-Sempai/Null/Townie?
You're looking for reason to vote, nice pick to get me to react, which is what I guess that is. It's L-5 today, nonetheless, this isn't really a ploblem with the lynch is it. Info is gained no matter who goes today.

New post, new script edit.
My first sentence on him is confirmed apparently. We don't particularly need a reason to vote someone.
Have Fun Linda(can I call you -chan? cause you fell like a Tsun-chan)[Insert giggling here]

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Alisae last game you were whining like a bitch about walls but I'm literally just know getting to read what's happened so far, and the first shit I see is you posting walls. What...?
tbh it'll probably be one of the few walls I write, I made sure to add pretty colors and organized it so it's easier to read. If I do get into a wall battle with someone I'll probably make my walls even more organized.

But yeah, I'm not usually a wallposter.
Are you a 1-shot BP? Just gimmie a yes or no.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
We playing Mafia? There's nowhere in the rules that say we can't vote without explanation, but sounding mighty suspicious right now hmmm
Talk to me. What are you thinking at the moment?

more_horiz
People who have said they are not a 1-shot BP
Debi (tbh he's probably gambitting)
Tric
jj
kyosuke
Me

People who have not claimed
Wing
Linda

People who hate the idea
Pep
Crimmy

more_horiz
jj, welcome.
This is getting started now, your reasoning helps clear up my confusion about this.

more_horiz
Doesnt claiming not BP let the mafia know who to *not* shoot? Why on earth should I claim that?

more_horiz
Hua... Unvote: Linda-Sempai

Vote: WingShine

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
Okay Look Pep.
This is a strat that's being used on MS by people like RC, Pine, mhsmith, -Grey-. You know, people that are GOOD at this game.
Not like you.

And having someone who is pratically CONFIRMED town in a 9 player Micro is WAY more useful then you think it can be.
btw Pep, as scum it's better to use a nightkill on the 1-shot BP so you can pick who you want going into Mylo. If you don't take out the 1-shot BP.

These claims help the JK, RB, and 1-Shot BP's winrate's improve as well as the Tracker Doc setup's winrate. Because those Winrates are fairly low. The 1-shot BP breaks the set up completely. (They're around 40% meaning the Tracker Doc set up is scumsided and the rb, jk, 1-shot BP set up is scumsided).

It's like you didn't read the reasons at all.

This doesn't mean shit to us. We're not from MS, it doesn't mean shit. We don't know who the hell those people you just named are, they don't mean shit to us. Completely null and void point.

more_horiz
Debi wrote:
As for every mafia game:
I claim Vanilla Townie
also /vote Alisae

/unvote TricMagic

/vote Debi

Debi, what are you doing? What makes you think you can just walts in, give a completely random roleclaim, and then give a baseless, unexplained vote without even trying to explain it? That's poor play whether you're town or mafia.

more_horiz
All I'm getting from Alisae right now is "I act like I'm the best mafia player here, I'm from MS, and I act like I know these elite players, therefore these newbs are going to eat out of the palm of my hand." Aka annoying ass elitist shit.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Doesnt claiming not BP let the mafia know who to *not* shoot? Why on earth should I claim that?
Already explained why scum should shoot the 1-shot BP. Already explained why multiple times. Helps us figure out what the set up is, the 1-shot BP basicly gets to act as if they are mod confirmed innocent. We're trying to find out what set up we're in first.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply