Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+21
Trickster
DDS
JC the shadow hunter
Alisae
Linda-Senpai
Centrik
KawaiiMiku
ScottyAdams
jjh927
Bladecharge
CrimsonOverlord
Lux
MetaphysHunter
DanelerH
Dice Jar
Staxx
Booked
TricMagic
Galaksii
SilentKatana
Jv
25 posters

description[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 4 Empty[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Basically a New Field + LINK Summon

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 4 VJMP-New-Mat-400x300

The Newly Created Extra Monster Zone

You can only use one of them!

When the Duel begins, neither Extra Monster Zone is considered to belong to a specific player. When a player Special Summons a monster to one of them, that Zone then becomes treated as part of that player’s field, and the other then becomes treated as the other player’s field. The tactics of a Duel will change drastically depending on who can grab an Extra Monster Zone first! An Extra Deck Monster can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone! But if you Summon a Link Monster to one of the Extra Monster Zone first, you can utilize it to its max potential!

*Extra Deck Monsters, like Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Link, cannot be Summnoned to the Main Monster Zone, beware!

The Monster Zone of old is now called the Main Monster Zone!

Pendulum Zones now take up the Left Most and Right Most Zones of your Spell & Trap Zones instead! And when they do, those Zones become Pendulum Zones!

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 4 VJMP-New-Mat-Extra-Deck-Info-400x300

The Zones Pointed at by Link Markers Can be Used to Bring Out Extra Deck Monsters

Although Extra Deck Monsters can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone Normally, if you have a Link Monster in the Extra Monster Zone, the Zones pointed at by their Link Markers can be used to Summon Extra Deck Monsters! So if you get out a Link Summon quickly, you can bring out Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters in succession. Of course, you can Summon another Link Monster in one of these Zones, so if you play your cards right, you can fill your entire Main Monster Zone with Extra Deck Monsters! The new metagame will require careful consideration of where to place monsters!

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 4 VJMP-New-Rules-QA-225x400

Super Quick Q&A for the New Rules!

Q: If Special Summoned an Extra Deck Monster normally, and it goes to the Graveyard, and I want to Special Summon it with “Monster Reborn”, which Zone does it go to?

A: It goes into the Main Monster Zone, not the Extra Monster Zone.

Q: Can you use “Book of Moon” on Link Monsters?

A: Link Monsters cannot be face-down, so you cannot target them with “Book of Moon”.

Q: If your opponent’s only monster is in their Extra Monster Zone, can you attack them directly?

A: If there’s a monster in the Extra Monster Zone, unless some kind of effect is in play, you would have to attack that monster first.

Q: Can you destroy 2 Set Spell & Trap Cards in your Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones with “Wavering Eyes”?

A: The Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones are regular Spell & Trap Zones, and do not become Pendulum Zones unless you activate a Pendulum Card in them, or if a Pendulum Card is placed in them by a card effect. A Set Spell & Trap Card in either of those Zones cannot be destroyed by “Wavering Eyes”.

LINK SUMMON

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 4 ST17-Decode-Talker-244x400
Decode Talker
Dark Cybers-Type Link / Effect Monster
LINK 3 2300
2 or more effect monsters
(1) This card gains 500 ATK for each monster Linked to it.
(2) When an opponent’s card effect that targets a card you control is activated: You can Tribute 1 of your monsters Linked to this card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Look at those distinctive Link Markers! Use these Markers to develop brand new strategies!
It goes into your Extra Deck!

There are 2 ways of Link Summoning!!
>Send Materials to the Grave Equal to the Link Number!
You can Link Summon something from your Extra Deck by sending the same number of monsters that meet the material requirements written in the card’s effect box, whose total numbers equal to the LINK number, from the field to the Graveyard
>Decrease Materials by Using Link Monsters
Link Monsters are treated as the same number of materials as its LINK Number, however to use them you must match the requirements written on the card!

IN THE CASE OF “DECODE TALKER”
You can either
-Use 3 Effect Monsters
or
-Use a [Link 2] Effect monster and 1 Effect Monster

Pay Attention to the Direction of the Link Markers!
The Zones pointed to by each Link Marker and the cards in them will be affected by the Link Monster, and this will create new strategies!

They have no defense…!!!
Link monsters have no defense points and they have the special characteristics of being unable to change their battle positions or turning to defense position by effects.

Translated by The Organization

Source from でこど

description[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 4 EmptyRe: [RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
The extra deck has been around since the first series, and one of the most developed and original aspects of the game. It's been developed across all 5 series, and restricting it destroys much of the style of the game at this point.

The extra deck has always been around, but it wasn't always this insanely easy to toolbox through a million times per turn. If you want the game to go back to how it originally was, this is as close as it's going to get, so you should be happy. You're really contradicting yourself tbh.

Destroying the style of the game is THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS MECHANIC. The current style of the game is embarrassingly bad .-. it's all "hurrdurr i spam this this this this this and that and now you can't play the game, I win on turn 1" wtf is fun about that?

I'm not contradicting myself nor saying that game is good now. I was talking about pre-Arc V and when many archetypes were in Meta game. Also, I haven't played competitevly in years and I have no reason to adopt to the game if I don't like it...

description[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 4 EmptyRe: [RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
The extra deck has been around since the first series, and one of the most developed and original aspects of the game. It's been developed across all 5 series, and restricting it destroys much of the style of the game at this point.

The extra deck has always been around, but it wasn't always this insanely easy to toolbox through a million times per turn. If you want the game to go back to how it originally was, this is as close as it's going to get, so you should be happy. You're really contradicting yourself tbh.

Destroying the style of the game is THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS MECHANIC. The current style of the game is embarrassingly bad .-. it's all "hurrdurr i spam this this this this this and that and now you can't play the game, I win on turn 1" wtf is fun about that?

I'm not contradicting myself nor saying that game is good now. I was talking about pre-Arc V and when many archetypes were in Meta game. Also, I haven't played competitevly in years and I have no reason to adopt to the game if I don't like it...

The game was in awful condition even before arc v...

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

But not even close to what's it like now

more_horiz
Yeah, full power Dragon Rulers weren't even close to what the game is like now.

If we still had a Kappa emote on this site I'd use it, but we don't, so just interpret my sarcasm there please.

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:
Yeah, full power Dragon Rulers weren't even close to what the game is like now.

If we still had a Kappa emote on this site I'd use it, but we don't, so just interpret my sarcasm there please.

Who was else full power?
HEROes, Spellbooks, Mermaids, fucking Cyberdark Quasars and Super Poly lol. Not to mention that you can counter them all in milion ways and decently balanced format on end of the summer. August if I'm not mistaking?

more_horiz
There was a balanced format, you're right. But it was actually the only format with more than two tier 1 decks in a long fucking time. And everyone associates pre-pendulums with that one format, which is stupid. Post that came Duelist Alliance: a three deck format, then another three deck format, then a four deck format, all of that within the Pendulum era. Get your "pendulums ruined the game" shit out of here.

The game was always just tipping in this direction, now they're tipping it back. You keep changing your focus ever so slightly to try to justify your hate of this new mechanic/ruleset. Just stop talking. Quit if you're going to quit. That's up to you, nobody else cares.

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

But not even close to what's it like now

This is delusional thinking caused by trying to be a nostalgia big boi.

more_horiz
I stated I stopped playing long time ago. And when pendulums first arrived people were still using HAT, Archefiends and whatever else. They were nowhere to be seen until Qlips which had both cancer and fun era multiple times. Now we can go again about balance in that time but it's not really needed in this point. We agreed on something at least. 

-And N. Nostalgia only hits me when I remember buying my first Yugioh cards, more than 10 years ago

more_horiz
Links dont affect the current ocg meta.
You can synchro using pendulum and tokens and none of them go to the grave as chettana said. So unless they reword "send to the grave" like is for synchro summon they are legal. 
Next month there will be the perfect rulebook so all confusion will end.
Links just kill tier 3 or lower decks that anyway no one uses on compeitive events.
So true king, zoodiac + missus, infernoid, d/d/d dinos will still be the meta... unless in the next month banlist in ocg they get hit.

You are crying for nothing. The next set will have link 5+ Links and after missus spoiler that is zoodiac lover it's obvious they will print op ones to force people to buy them and continue to play

more_horiz
Jv wrote:
Links dont affect the current ocg meta.
You can synchro using pendulum and tokens and none of them go to the grave as chettana said. So unless they reword "send to the grave" like is for synchro summon they are legal. 
Next month there will be the perfect rulebook so all confusion will end.
Links just kill tier 3 or lower decks that anyway no one uses on compeitive events.
So true king, zoodiac + missus, infernoid, d/d/d dinos will still be the meta... unless in the next month banlist in ocg they get hit.

You are crying for nothing. The next set will have link 5+ Links and after missus spoiler that is zoodiac lover it's obvious they will print op ones to force people to buy them and continue to play

I don't think anyone knows what the hell you just said.

more_horiz
I find it funny that someone said Deskbots are affected considerably by this new mechanic. The deck doesn't use the extra much at all, and can still make their big attack pushing plays and OTK's. If they do use the extra, it's usually for 1 mon (they'll typically pendulum from the hand, which will go to the main monster zone). Crimson, sure, Heroes are hurt by the new mechanic, but you still have Blue-Eyes (who don't care much about the new mechanic, as it doesn't impact their Spirit/Azure Eyes plays). Heck, Zoo's can still make their plays happen (well, up until the 2nd XYZ/Emeral summon) without Link summoning anyway (as they simply overlay on top of their own XYZ's). Also, who's to say the game won't devolve at a point into 'Whoever link summons first, wins the game'? Because that is a real possibility.

more_horiz
pretty sure xyz summons need to be in a link zone to do that though. So removing the monster keeping it up should prevent that.

more_horiz
Pretty sure it'd be fine, as you still only control 1 ED mon in the EMZ. Same as Utopia into Lightning

more_horiz
I just heard about this new mechanic recently. I think this will make the game more interesting and more balanced do to this new mechanic. People will definitely be using this new mechanic to support their decks. This will be something that we are going to see a lot in the tournaments once they are released to the public. We might see some new decks topping in the next format depending on how these new cards will affect the meta.

more_horiz
They confirmed on the japanese website that pendulums special summoned from the extra will be placed in the extra zone.

R.I.P. all pendulum decks.

Now there's anymore the infinite wall. So using pendulums with just 3 s/t and with just 1 for the extra deck is kill them.

The good news is that from hand they go into the Main Zones. So yeah with an empty field you can summon 5 from hand and 1 from extra. 

Good stuff is magicians Dinomist D/D  can re add them to the hand from extra with cards.

But other decks are fucked. Poor pendulum

more_horiz
That really only applies to, well nothing. It's just that decks like that will need to replenish their hand like other decks. If a Link like Milius Radiant is out on the field, that's 2 zones to PS from the extra. It also becomes a rather horrid case since a card on one of those zones is somewhat protected while face-up with pendulums ready. Also, some decks can still make use of this. Timebreaker is always a good card to have handy, Summon to the middle, then activate it's effect. It also gets a bonus to it's atk when pendulum summoned solo. Plus theres the fact that the pendulum summoned card(s) can be used to summon a Link Monster, as well as a Synchro summon when you PS a Tuner.

more_horiz
ScottyAdams wrote:
I find it funny that someone said Deskbots are affected considerably by this new mechanic. The deck doesn't use the extra much at all, and can still make their big attack pushing plays and OTK's. If they do use the extra, it's usually for 1 mon (they'll typically pendulum from the hand, which will go to the main monster zone). Crimson, sure, Heroes are hurt by the new mechanic, but you still have Blue-Eyes (who don't care much about the new mechanic, as it doesn't impact their Spirit/Azure Eyes plays). Heck, Zoo's can still make their plays happen (well, up until the 2nd XYZ/Emeral summon) without Link summoning anyway (as they simply overlay on top of their own XYZ's). Also, who's to say the game won't devolve at a point into 'Whoever link summons first, wins the game'? Because that is a real possibility.

Uh, what? I main Deskbots dude lol, it's an extra deck toolbox. If you think they don't use the extra, you clearly know nothing of them. And no, it's not usually just 1 mon, it's several.

Also, hallelujah for the Pend nerf

more_horiz
The Pendulum nerf makes me so absurdly happy.

Alright yeah Yugioh V is gonna be my shit.

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:
The Pendulum nerf makes me so absurdly happy.

Alright yeah Yugioh V is gonna be my shit.

ikr, no longer can they just keep freaking summoning the same 5 shitz without going minus every freaking turn. Granted, they can still pend from hand, make a link summon, have zones opened up, then next turn pendulum into those link zones, but that still significantly slows them down.

more_horiz
I said 'considerably'. Yes, Deskbots can use the extra and tend to do it, but they can function just as effectively without it, due to their inherent attack gaining plays. Once again, you can pend 5 from hand into the main monster zones (as the EMZ ruling only applies when pendulumed from the extra deck). To say they're affected more than Madolches (who are an extra deck toolbox deck as well) is incorrect. It's like saying Mermails are adversely affected by the new mechanic (sure, they may feel an impact, but the deck can beat you just fine without the extra *remember kiddies: Neptabyss + another Water is an OTK*). I will say this, the Pend zone change is what has affected Deskbots more than the new Link summoning mechanic (as you'll only have 3 s/t zones if you wanna pendulum).

Btw: In saying this, Dolche can work with the new mechanic, just the OTK's become a little trickier to work.

more_horiz
Madolche can be a stall burn deck just as Easily with waltz and palace. Ticket helps in that regard.
Also, Pendulum Summon 6 is possible now, if unrealistic.

more_horiz
ScottyAdams wrote:
I said 'considerably'. Yes, Deskbots can use the extra and tend to do it, but they can function just as effectively without it, due to their inherent attack gaining plays. Once again, you can pend 5 from hand into the main monster zones (as the EMZ ruling only applies when pendulumed from the extra deck). To say they're affected more than Madolches (who are an extra deck toolbox deck as well) is incorrect. It's like saying Mermails are adversely affected by the new mechanic (sure, they may feel an impact, but the deck can beat you just fine without the extra *remember kiddies: Neptabyss + another Water is an OTK*). I will say this, the Pend zone change is what has affected Deskbots more than the new Link summoning mechanic (as you'll only have 3 s/t zones if you wanna pendulum).

Btw: In saying this, Dolche can work with the new mechanic, just the OTK's become a little trickier to work.

No, Deskbot can not function just as effectively without the extra. Are they still viable? Yes. Are they still just as efficient? Not by a long shot. You really don't sound like you actually know the deck. Believe it or not, attack gain and OTKs is not the main thing you rely on as Deskbot. You *can't* rely on that with how easy it is stop. You rely far more heavily on the insane amount of combos you can make off of just one or two cards. There is so much you can do with the extra off very minimal resources but requires severely careful planning out or you fuck yourself. When I play on Dev/Ygopro I always find my turn damn near timing out. OTK/make big Bots is *NEVER* my gameplan, unless the situation calls for it. There is so much you can do with the extra that Deskbot players tend to find themselves not sure how to fit just 15 ED monsters in. You have everything from Deskbot Jet, Trish, Naturia Beast, Cyber Nova+Infinity, Clear Wing, Gear Gigant...and so much more. You do *not* want to end your turn on a field like 003, 001, 004, or 003, 002, 002, 001..., anything like that. If you do that, you're going to get fucked no questions asked.

I'm not saying this *kills* Deskbot, I'm just saying it's really going to effect how the deck plays. But I will still main them bc they are my babies and we shall adapt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8gqweMVOlQ Oh hey look, we're already adapting XD

more_horiz
Amazingly enough, one of my pend decks works well within the new ruleset.
[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 4 Performapal_pendulum_wizard_by_orfhen27-d885nf0
PS It, then activate it's effect on itself,

more_horiz
This shouldn't negatively affect Chaos Dragons too much, I'm gucci

more_horiz
it may actually boost it lol...

more_horiz
So this is how Yugioh turns out, questioning if its a good time to come back or not?

more_horiz
idk, depends on wut u run

more_horiz
Bookingly wrote:
idk, depends on wut u run

I....think it was more of a balance question, which I am also curious to know its answer.

more_horiz
obviously it wud boost those decks that dont rely on extra deck much (by slowing down those that does)
on the other hand, it pulls those that does run a lot of extra down

until some very generic link monsters r out heh
but as the new slogan of YGO says "TRY" so u shud try out this new format, aka it wud b a good time to come back n try at least...

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply