Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+21
Trickster
DDS
JC the shadow hunter
Alisae
Linda-Senpai
Centrik
KawaiiMiku
ScottyAdams
jjh927
Bladecharge
CrimsonOverlord
Lux
MetaphysHunter
DanelerH
Dice Jar
Staxx
Booked
TricMagic
Galaksii
SilentKatana
Jv
25 posters

description[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 Empty[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Basically a New Field + LINK Summon

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 VJMP-New-Mat-400x300

The Newly Created Extra Monster Zone

You can only use one of them!

When the Duel begins, neither Extra Monster Zone is considered to belong to a specific player. When a player Special Summons a monster to one of them, that Zone then becomes treated as part of that player’s field, and the other then becomes treated as the other player’s field. The tactics of a Duel will change drastically depending on who can grab an Extra Monster Zone first! An Extra Deck Monster can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone! But if you Summon a Link Monster to one of the Extra Monster Zone first, you can utilize it to its max potential!

*Extra Deck Monsters, like Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Link, cannot be Summnoned to the Main Monster Zone, beware!

The Monster Zone of old is now called the Main Monster Zone!

Pendulum Zones now take up the Left Most and Right Most Zones of your Spell & Trap Zones instead! And when they do, those Zones become Pendulum Zones!

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 VJMP-New-Mat-Extra-Deck-Info-400x300

The Zones Pointed at by Link Markers Can be Used to Bring Out Extra Deck Monsters

Although Extra Deck Monsters can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone Normally, if you have a Link Monster in the Extra Monster Zone, the Zones pointed at by their Link Markers can be used to Summon Extra Deck Monsters! So if you get out a Link Summon quickly, you can bring out Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters in succession. Of course, you can Summon another Link Monster in one of these Zones, so if you play your cards right, you can fill your entire Main Monster Zone with Extra Deck Monsters! The new metagame will require careful consideration of where to place monsters!

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 VJMP-New-Rules-QA-225x400

Super Quick Q&A for the New Rules!

Q: If Special Summoned an Extra Deck Monster normally, and it goes to the Graveyard, and I want to Special Summon it with “Monster Reborn”, which Zone does it go to?

A: It goes into the Main Monster Zone, not the Extra Monster Zone.

Q: Can you use “Book of Moon” on Link Monsters?

A: Link Monsters cannot be face-down, so you cannot target them with “Book of Moon”.

Q: If your opponent’s only monster is in their Extra Monster Zone, can you attack them directly?

A: If there’s a monster in the Extra Monster Zone, unless some kind of effect is in play, you would have to attack that monster first.

Q: Can you destroy 2 Set Spell & Trap Cards in your Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones with “Wavering Eyes”?

A: The Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones are regular Spell & Trap Zones, and do not become Pendulum Zones unless you activate a Pendulum Card in them, or if a Pendulum Card is placed in them by a card effect. A Set Spell & Trap Card in either of those Zones cannot be destroyed by “Wavering Eyes”.

LINK SUMMON

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 ST17-Decode-Talker-244x400
Decode Talker
Dark Cybers-Type Link / Effect Monster
LINK 3 2300
2 or more effect monsters
(1) This card gains 500 ATK for each monster Linked to it.
(2) When an opponent’s card effect that targets a card you control is activated: You can Tribute 1 of your monsters Linked to this card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Look at those distinctive Link Markers! Use these Markers to develop brand new strategies!
It goes into your Extra Deck!

There are 2 ways of Link Summoning!!
>Send Materials to the Grave Equal to the Link Number!
You can Link Summon something from your Extra Deck by sending the same number of monsters that meet the material requirements written in the card’s effect box, whose total numbers equal to the LINK number, from the field to the Graveyard
>Decrease Materials by Using Link Monsters
Link Monsters are treated as the same number of materials as its LINK Number, however to use them you must match the requirements written on the card!

IN THE CASE OF “DECODE TALKER”
You can either
-Use 3 Effect Monsters
or
-Use a [Link 2] Effect monster and 1 Effect Monster

Pay Attention to the Direction of the Link Markers!
The Zones pointed to by each Link Marker and the cards in them will be affected by the Link Monster, and this will create new strategies!

They have no defense…!!!
Link monsters have no defense points and they have the special characteristics of being unable to change their battle positions or turning to defense position by effects.

Translated by The Organization

Source from でこど

description[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 EmptyRe: [RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:
I like it, things are getting stale and this is a more active change to the game than pendulums were, yet Link monsters aren't as "auto include in every deck" as synchros and xyz were.

There will be workarounds and decks that are still fast, but his will nerf the "top speed" for a while. It may result in set-five-pass decks being more relevant than before, but what can you do?

ALL I NEED IS ONE BREAK SWORD TO HIT YOU WITH DARK REQUIEM SO FUCK A LINK MONSTER.

Rip ba though ;---;

description[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 EmptyRe: [RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Trickster wrote:
I like it, things are getting stale and this is a more active change to the game than pendulums were, yet Link monsters aren't as "auto include in every deck" as synchros and xyz were.

There will be workarounds and decks that are still fast, but his will nerf the "top speed" for a while. It may result in set-five-pass decks being more relevant than before, but what can you do?

ALL I NEED IS ONE BREAK SWORD TO HIT YOU WITH DARK REQUIEM SO FUCK A LINK MONSTER.

Rip ba though ;---;

I thought this at first, but I can still make it work. I'll just revert it back to pure build Fire_Lake.dek. One spot for a Dante/Beatrice is all I need if I got some backrow.

Fire_Lake.dek also does well against Pendulums, which will be very strong if you can still Pendulum summon from the extra deck to the main monster zone.

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Trickster wrote:

Rip ba though ;---;

I thought this at first, but I can still make it work. I'll just revert it back to pure build Fire_Lake.dek. One spot for a Dante/Beatrice is all I need if I got some backrow.

Fire_Lake.dek also does well against Pendulums, which will be very strong if you can still Pendulum summon from the extra deck to the main monster zone.

Yea saw a vid and its still playable. Hyped af for muh link monsters, hurry up konami! Also tric, u gonna ygo again? U rarely on ;---;

more_horiz
What happened to YGO from 2013... I don't want to play anymore :<

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:

Muh la djinn beatdown ;---; new rules so complicated! It's your choice to quit, but every year we have this "what happened to ygo 20xx ". Your loss in not playing in the upcoming best era, but i'm sure you will return once that initial disgust for change settles down

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

Muh la djinn beatdown ;---; new rules so complicated! It's your choice to quit, but every year we have this "what happened to ygo 20xx ". Your loss in not playing in the upcoming best era, but i'm sure you will return once that initial disgust for change settles down

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Igknight FTK at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on the die roll. The die roll metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Igknight FTK at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on the die roll. The die roll metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Year 20xx. People still have trouble reading rulings and understanding new concepts. Bakugan is still the most played game due to simply rolling balls and requiring no 2 min manual reading.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Trickster wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

Year 20xx. People still have trouble reading rulings and understanding new concepts. Bakugan is still the most played game due to simply rolling balls and requiring no 2 min manual reading.

I actually competed in the only year there was ever a Bakugan circuit. I got fourth place at one of the eight Regionals and got a paid round trip to NYC for the National.

more_horiz
Trickster wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Trickster wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

I actually competed in the only year there was ever a Bakugan circuit. I got fourth place at one of the eight Regionals and got a paid round trip to NYC for the National.

There was competitive bakugan? Wat. Sounds lowkey rad af lmao

more_horiz
I played during the Duelist Kingdom with my Gravekeeper Counter draw setup. Had a few monsters that placed the destroyed monster on top of deck. and Gravekeeper's Servant for mill with a lot of field presence. At the moment my two best decks have Bugs to work out, and I don't know how to get them fixed by the mods.
This card's grave summon effect didn't work for me[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 300?cb=20170207025915
And this series doesn't activate when I initiate the battle that destroys it[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 300?cb=20161222150756

The second deck is ready to be linked with a few modifications. None If I get more extra deck space.
And it isn't really a problem for the first.

Also have my Ghostrick Deck ready to Link. Got a duel with Dan set up, hopefully.

more_horiz
SilentKatana wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
SilentKatana wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
I still dont understand.

What do you not understand about it?

Everything,

Also why are you guys bitching and moaning about it being dumb? Even though I'm not understanding it, I can tell this is the greatest decision Konami ever made. It's their attempt to revamp the game in order to balance it, rather than flat out break it like they did last generation. This is exactly what Yugioh needed. I was hoping they would implement a card rotation system but this works too. They realized that the games greatest problem was that every deck and its mother could plow through the extra deck a million times a turn, and now they're attempting to fix that. Wtf do you guys have a problem with that for?

It doesn't fix anything though. All it does is widen the gap between decks that can spam Link monsters whilst having resources aplenty to spam extra deck monsters in the same turn, whilst both forcing every deck to buy Link monsters in order to be able to play the game. It makes the gamestate more linear than it was before in that there are now certain staples certain decks need to run in order to actually function. I get the idea that limiting extra deck spam being limited fundamentally is a good thing, but this isn't a good implementation of that at all. It's fundamentally poor game design in all honesty.

That depends entirely on how easy it will be to spam link monsters, does it not?

Gofu alone already nets you a link monster all by itself, and this is merely the first wave of Link monsters.

SS Gofu+Tokens, Link Summon a Link Spider with one Token, then Link Summon another Link Spider into the Linked Zone using the other Token. Then just use both Link Spiders to summon Missus Radiant. That leaves you with 2 Linked zones to summon extra deck monsters into, and a Gofu on board. Terrortop does a similar thing in which you can go for Invoker and a Beast Warrior, then make Missus Radiant. 

They really aren't hard to make, and again, they're only going to become better with time.

Since materials have to go to the grave, I'm not sure you can even use Tokens for a link

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
SilentKatana wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
SilentKatana wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
DanelerH wrote:
Linda-Senpai wrote:
I still dont understand.

What do you not understand about it?

Everything,

Also why are you guys bitching and moaning about it being dumb? Even though I'm not understanding it, I can tell this is the greatest decision Konami ever made. It's their attempt to revamp the game in order to balance it, rather than flat out break it like they did last generation. This is exactly what Yugioh needed. I was hoping they would implement a card rotation system but this works too. They realized that the games greatest problem was that every deck and its mother could plow through the extra deck a million times a turn, and now they're attempting to fix that. Wtf do you guys have a problem with that for?

It doesn't fix anything though. All it does is widen the gap between decks that can spam Link monsters whilst having resources aplenty to spam extra deck monsters in the same turn, whilst both forcing every deck to buy Link monsters in order to be able to play the game. It makes the gamestate more linear than it was before in that there are now certain staples certain decks need to run in order to actually function. I get the idea that limiting extra deck spam being limited fundamentally is a good thing, but this isn't a good implementation of that at all. It's fundamentally poor game design in all honesty.

That depends entirely on how easy it will be to spam link monsters, does it not?

Gofu alone already nets you a link monster all by itself, and this is merely the first wave of Link monsters.

SS Gofu+Tokens, Link Summon a Link Spider with one Token, then Link Summon another Link Spider into the Linked Zone using the other Token. Then just use both Link Spiders to summon Missus Radiant. That leaves you with 2 Linked zones to summon extra deck monsters into, and a Gofu on board. Terrortop does a similar thing in which you can go for Invoker and a Beast Warrior, then make Missus Radiant. 

They really aren't hard to make, and again, they're only going to become better with time.

Since materials have to go to the grave, I'm not sure you can even use Tokens for a link

All will be discovered in due time.

Either way, it's GUARANTEED to slow down things a bit. Some decks less than others, but it's not a mechanic that actively speeds up decks, for the most part. But it doesn't seem like it'll be TOO limiting, so I still like it.

more_horiz
Once again this requires Ruling. At this point we simply have to wait and see on-

• Do Tokens count in this Summoning/Most likely no unless specified otherwise. Sheep tokens would give you four normal monsters too easily then.
  • Do the materials have to be face-up as in Synchro Summons and Exceed Summons, or can the cards in question be face-down as in Fusion summoning and type specific Tribute summons?
  • Can Link Monsters be one of the materials in a Synchro Summoning(Level 2 Tuner + Level Zero Link Monster = Accel Synchron)
    Bonus points: Accel Synchron and Stardust Shimmer for Stardust Dragon into Shooting Star Dragon

more_horiz
TricMagic wrote:
Once again this requires Ruling. At this point we simply have to wait and see on-

• Do Tokens count in this Summoning/Most likely no unless specified otherwise. Sheep tokens would give you four normal monsters too easily then.
  • Do the materials have to be face-up as in Synchro Summons and Exceed Summons, or can the cards in question be face-down as in Fusion summoning and type specific Tribute summons?
  • Can Link Monsters be one of the materials in a Synchro Summoning(Level 2 Tuner + Level Zero Link Monster = Accel Synchron)
    Bonus points: Accel Synchron and Stardust Shimmer for Stardust Dragon into Shooting Star Dragon

I imagine this last one just isn't possible. It's not that it's level 0, it doesn't HAVE a level. Same as XYZ, except it doesn't have a rank either. It just doesn't go by those standards.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

I'm not whining about complicated rules. This game turned into something different from what I've played since I was a little boy. Doubt I'll ever play again. I don't find this fun anymore which is the No.1 reason why I was in YGO. 

And on the side note: Bakugan was lit af. I miss them so much...

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

I'm not whining about complicated rules. This game turned into something different from what I've played since I was a little boy. Doubt I'll ever play again. I don't find this fun anymore which is the No.1 reason why I was in YGO. 

The game is different everytime smth new is announced. This change actually makes ygo even better and adds so many things needed to this game. Its funny though, people cried about an otk/ftk format that was pretty much ygo nowadays and now that things are finally getting better, people miss the otks. I swear ygo community is strange, but as i said this isnt new at all. Everyone says rip ygo when the new anime/rules are announced and then they come back

more_horiz
TricMagic wrote:

The materials are specific for each Link, so they definitely have to be face up. You can't say a monster is a an EARTH monster if it's face down. And Link Monsters do not have levels, they can't be used for a synchro or XYZ.

And yeah, tl;dr this slows the game down, which is what the game needed. So guys stop your crying, drink your milk or coffee or beer or whatever you drink, and just wait for it to come. Adapt or perish.

I play Deskbots. DESKBOTS. This mechanic is going to effect me arguably more than any of you (well, except Trick, his BA are f*cked.) but I'm not complaining, this actually gives me motivation to play again.

And thank god Pendulum decks can't pendulum then set 5 anymore...

more_horiz
^this. Also muh heroes ;---; but im hyped affff

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

The game is different everytime smth new is announced. This change actually makes ygo even better and adds so many things needed to this game. Its funny though, people cried about an otk/ftk format that was pretty much ygo nowadays and now that things are finally getting better, people miss the otks. I swear ygo community is strange, but as i said this isnt new at all. Everyone says rip ygo when the new anime/rules are announced and then they come back

This doesn't add shit to the game. It's just Konami realising how much they fucked up and now they somehow wish to go back.
If it isn't for crazy unbalanced shit in the past few years (such as Pendulums, which are undubitably the biggest fuck up in YGOs history) there wouldn't be need for all this. I understand that changes are unavoidable because game would turn borning but this is overmuch for me and enough to call it off. Simple. Period. I started disliking this card game. And this is just my opinion on all of this and just as you said, ygo community is strange because of people like you. If someone doesn't want to play anymore, let's bash it about how one can't handle the new rules? I even stoped long time before this and I was just killing time here on breaks. wtf is wrong with you people lmao

more_horiz
Calm the f down. You can leave, no one rly cares. Everyone has an opinion, so if you wanna quit, goodbye

more_horiz
Ending moves before they began.
[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 300?cb=20151231210609
This card can break your foe, since if your opponent places another monster in that zone, the banished monster cannot return.

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Calm the f down. You can leave, no one rly cares. Everyone has an opinion, so if you wanna quit, goodbye

check your replies

more_horiz
nothing can please everyone so its ok

some ppl may see dis new mechanic bad, or the other way, but it is a big change and if we need something better we need to change so let's see what will this turn ygo into.
personally, I am just going to sit back and observe how opinions change overtime like always.....heh

more_horiz
The extra deck has been around since the first series, and one of the most developed and original aspects of the game. It's been developed across all 5 series, and restricting it destroys much of the style of the game at this point.

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
The extra deck has been around since the first series, and one of the most developed and original aspects of the game. It's been developed across all 5 series, and restricting it destroys much of the style of the game at this point.

Woah! Woah! Woah!

hold your horse there.

yes many decks suffer because this.
BUT link summoning is something that would've broken the game if that restriction wasn't put there.
and i can see where you're coming from decks like gem-knights , raidraptor, synchron, igknights, ect. are completely torn apart by this.
but the amount of Generic-ness of link summons makes up for it.
And let's be honest the powercreep Needed to hit a ceiling sometime or later.
so take a moment to think about how link summoning helps and how it doesn't help.
You'd be surprised.

more_horiz
No longer must decks suffer the ignominy of Cyber Dragon Infinity, along with many others summoned from the extra deck in the first turn. Most monsters from the extra deck offer a wide variety of pluses when combined with each other. this will slow down the deck in the first turn, allow the second player to counter effectively, and vice versa somewhat.

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:

The extra deck has always been around, but it wasn't always this insanely easy to toolbox through a million times per turn. If you want the game to go back to how it originally was, this is as close as it's going to get, so you should be happy. You're really contradicting yourself tbh.

Destroying the style of the game is THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS MECHANIC. The current style of the game is embarrassingly bad .-. it's all "hurrdurr i spam this this this this this and that and now you can't play the game, I win on turn 1" wtf is fun about that?

more_horiz
In actuality it is possible to beat infinity with a quick negate effect. But that tends to be in the realm of pendulum decks in the first place.
[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon - Page 3 Clearwing_fast_dragon_yugioh_ocg_by_yeidenex-dahxsqu
Honestly, Speedroid is still going to be dangerous if the extra deck gets expanded.

more_horiz
Linda-Senpai wrote:
Galaksii wrote:

The extra deck has always been around, but it wasn't always this insanely easy to toolbox through a million times per turn. If you want the game to go back to how it originally was, this is as close as it's going to get, so you should be happy. You're really contradicting yourself tbh.

Destroying the style of the game is THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS MECHANIC. The current style of the game is embarrassingly bad .-. it's all "hurrdurr i spam this this this this this and that and now you can't play the game, I win on turn 1" wtf is fun about that?

This. Fuck a deck being able to advance their gamestate while ALSO bringing out part of a mess of stupid generic rank 4s, such as the strictly better #101, or the 5k attack Armades.

Now doing things like that eats more resources than before. God bless.

more_horiz
One of the things that I like is that there are some older cards that can shine.  Senet Switch can shift your monsters to allow for more plays. Storm Shooter in a Zone Control deck can bounce a monster in the same column.  One of my personal favorites is D.D. Sprite.  It can banish a monster that I don't need at the moment, give me another space for a Synchro (D.D. Sprite is a Tuner), then return the monster during the next Standby Phase.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply