Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+21
Trickster
DDS
JC the shadow hunter
Alisae
Linda-Senpai
Centrik
KawaiiMiku
ScottyAdams
jjh927
Bladecharge
CrimsonOverlord
Lux
MetaphysHunter
DanelerH
Dice Jar
Staxx
Booked
TricMagic
Galaksii
SilentKatana
Jv
25 posters

description[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon Empty[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

more_horiz

Basically a New Field + LINK Summon

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon VJMP-New-Mat-400x300

The Newly Created Extra Monster Zone

You can only use one of them!

When the Duel begins, neither Extra Monster Zone is considered to belong to a specific player. When a player Special Summons a monster to one of them, that Zone then becomes treated as part of that player’s field, and the other then becomes treated as the other player’s field. The tactics of a Duel will change drastically depending on who can grab an Extra Monster Zone first! An Extra Deck Monster can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone! But if you Summon a Link Monster to one of the Extra Monster Zone first, you can utilize it to its max potential!

*Extra Deck Monsters, like Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, and Link, cannot be Summnoned to the Main Monster Zone, beware!

The Monster Zone of old is now called the Main Monster Zone!

Pendulum Zones now take up the Left Most and Right Most Zones of your Spell & Trap Zones instead! And when they do, those Zones become Pendulum Zones!

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon VJMP-New-Mat-Extra-Deck-Info-400x300

The Zones Pointed at by Link Markers Can be Used to Bring Out Extra Deck Monsters

Although Extra Deck Monsters can only be Summoned to the Extra Monster Zone Normally, if you have a Link Monster in the Extra Monster Zone, the Zones pointed at by their Link Markers can be used to Summon Extra Deck Monsters! So if you get out a Link Summon quickly, you can bring out Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Monsters in succession. Of course, you can Summon another Link Monster in one of these Zones, so if you play your cards right, you can fill your entire Main Monster Zone with Extra Deck Monsters! The new metagame will require careful consideration of where to place monsters!

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon VJMP-New-Rules-QA-225x400

Super Quick Q&A for the New Rules!

Q: If Special Summoned an Extra Deck Monster normally, and it goes to the Graveyard, and I want to Special Summon it with “Monster Reborn”, which Zone does it go to?

A: It goes into the Main Monster Zone, not the Extra Monster Zone.

Q: Can you use “Book of Moon” on Link Monsters?

A: Link Monsters cannot be face-down, so you cannot target them with “Book of Moon”.

Q: If your opponent’s only monster is in their Extra Monster Zone, can you attack them directly?

A: If there’s a monster in the Extra Monster Zone, unless some kind of effect is in play, you would have to attack that monster first.

Q: Can you destroy 2 Set Spell & Trap Cards in your Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones with “Wavering Eyes”?

A: The Left Most and Right Most Spell & Trap Zones are regular Spell & Trap Zones, and do not become Pendulum Zones unless you activate a Pendulum Card in them, or if a Pendulum Card is placed in them by a card effect. A Set Spell & Trap Card in either of those Zones cannot be destroyed by “Wavering Eyes”.

LINK SUMMON

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon ST17-Decode-Talker-244x400
Decode Talker
Dark Cybers-Type Link / Effect Monster
LINK 3 2300
2 or more effect monsters
(1) This card gains 500 ATK for each monster Linked to it.
(2) When an opponent’s card effect that targets a card you control is activated: You can Tribute 1 of your monsters Linked to this card; negate that activation, and if you do, destroy it.

Look at those distinctive Link Markers! Use these Markers to develop brand new strategies!
It goes into your Extra Deck!

There are 2 ways of Link Summoning!!
>Send Materials to the Grave Equal to the Link Number!
You can Link Summon something from your Extra Deck by sending the same number of monsters that meet the material requirements written in the card’s effect box, whose total numbers equal to the LINK number, from the field to the Graveyard
>Decrease Materials by Using Link Monsters
Link Monsters are treated as the same number of materials as its LINK Number, however to use them you must match the requirements written on the card!

IN THE CASE OF “DECODE TALKER”
You can either
-Use 3 Effect Monsters
or
-Use a [Link 2] Effect monster and 1 Effect Monster

Pay Attention to the Direction of the Link Markers!
The Zones pointed to by each Link Marker and the cards in them will be affected by the Link Monster, and this will create new strategies!

They have no defense…!!!
Link monsters have no defense points and they have the special characteristics of being unable to change their battle positions or turning to defense position by effects.

Translated by The Organization

Source from でこど

description[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon EmptyRe: [RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

more_horiz
I goddamn knew it.... Konami just had to find another way to stop me playing D/D >.> This is just... several levels of dumb design in motion....

description[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon EmptyRe: [RULES] New Field & LINK Summon

more_horiz
Just Play LINKS to have spaces :v

Anyway It's Fine. Now all those that cried for F S X should be happy.

Unless you Play LINKS, only 1 F S X per time.

Enjoy the 3rd Genghis aka Exectutive Alexander now that you can  bounce bounce bounce

Also by Mechanics you can't Link Summon using Pendulum Monsters. SO it's all okay.

Considering the LINK value is equal to the Link markers, to have 3 more FSX spots you need to LINK a good LINK 3 monster, wasting your resources to do it <3

Ideal Link Markers for that are SUd, Sud Overs and Sud West. Otherwise if you play random your LINKS without checking the directios you end up giving a free Extra Deck Zone to the Opponent.

more_horiz
This is trash

more_horiz
Monarchs are going to wreck Meta....

more_horiz
so instead of EGAO n pendulum now its TORAI n RINKU

next is zeruda summon heh

more_horiz
Yeah, in retrospect, D/D are still doing to dominate, overreacted a bit, give that you can revive extra deck monsters into your main monster zones, the deck plays a tiny bit more slowly, but easily can still play, especially given how easily the deck can summon decode talker in order to spam the field. There are still combos for triple negation fields of a sort, etc.... and with the game slowing down, the grindier cards int he archetype get to shine.

more_horiz
BE HAPPY. FUSION SUMMONED ZARC CAN'T BE KAIJUED ANYMORE.

All those Unaffected Xyz, Synchro & Fusion can't be Kaijued anymore while in the Extra Zone. A little present.

more_horiz
it's too early in the morning and i'm kinda baked. so can someone dumb this down for me.

more_horiz
Here is a chart that should look something like what the new field will be.

MDST5ST4ST3ST2ST1ED
GRVMM5MM4MM3MM2MM1F
EM1EM2
FMM1MM2MM3MM4MM5GRV
EDST1ST2ST3ST4ST5MD
Key:
MD = Main Deck
ED = Extra Deck
GRV = Graveyard
F = Field Spell
MM = Main Monster
EM = Extra Monster
ST = Spell/Trap

When summoning a monster from your hand, you play them in the Main Monster Zone as you normally would.  The difference comes in summoning a monster from your Extra Deck.  Barring conditions with Link Monsters, you can only summon them in the Extra Monster Zone.

Example:  Let's say Junk Synchron and Quillbolt Hedgehog are on the field in MM1 and MM2.  You can then use them to Synchro Summon Junk Warrior into EM1, resulting in the following field:
Spoiler :

EM2 would then become a zone for only your opponent and you can no longer use it.  You can also no longer summon monsters from your Extra Deck, unless Junk Warrior goes away or is used as a material.

Example:  Junk Warrior is in EM1 and Junk Synchron is in MM2.  You can summon Junk Destroyer into EM1 by using Junk Warrior as a material.
Spoiler :

This rule for summoning Extra Deck Monsters only applies when summoning them from the Extra Deck.  If you're summoning them from the Graveyard, they can be summoned into the Main Monster Zone.

Example:  We have Junk Destroyer in EM1, Junk Warrior in the Graveyard, and Monster Reborn in the hand.  Monster Reborn can be played to summon Junk Warrior into MM1, since you aren't summoning from the Extra Deck.
Spoiler :

The main purpose for the Extra Monster Zones, however, is to use them for the new Link Monsters.

Example:  Let's try summoning Decode Talker.  Decode Talker requires you to send three monsters from your field to the Graveyard, since it has a Link 3.  Due to Decode Talker's Summoning Conditions, two of them have to be Effect Monsters.  Let's say we have Junk Synchron in MM1, Quillbolt Hedgehog in MM2, and Sonic Chick in MM3.  At least two of them are Effect Monsters, so sending all three to the Graveyard would meet Decode Talker's Summoning Conditions.

Spoiler :

Now that we have Decode Talker on the field, we can make use of the arrows shown on the card.  These arrows point to the zones to the bottom-left and the bottom-right (MM1 and MM3).  MM1 and MM3 are now Linked Zones and can be used for either summoning a Main Deck Monster or an Extra Deck Monster.  This allows you to have more than one zone to play an Extra Deck Monster.

Example:  Let's say we have Decode Talker in EM1, Junk Synchron in MM1, and Quillbolt Hedgehog in MM2.  Junk Synchron and Quillbolt Hedgehog can be used to summon Junk Warrior into MM1 or MM3.
Spoiler :

You can also use those zones for more Link Monsters, resulting in more Linked Zones for more monsters from the Extra Deck.

Finally, the difference for Pendulum Summoning is that the Pendulum Zone no longer exists.  Instead, Pendulum Monsters can be played into ST1 and ST5 to set your Scale.  This reduces your usable number of Spell/Trap Zones to three (ST2, ST3, and ST4), but only if you have Pendulum Monsters filling ST1 and ST5.

Example:  You have Stargazer Magician (Scale 1), Timegazer Magician (Scale 8 ), and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon in your hand.  Stargazer Magician and Timegazer Magician can be played into ST1 and ST5.  You can then Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon into MM1.
Spoiler :

Keep in mind that when a Pendulum Monster would be sent from the field to the Graveyard, it gets sent to the Extra Deck, instead.  This would also be where Extra Monster Zones and Linked Zones would come into play.

Example:  You have Stargazer Magician in ST1, Timegazer Magician in ST5, and Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon in your Extra Deck.  You could then Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon into EM1, but not any of your Main Monster Zones.
Spoiler :

Naturally, if you had Decode Talker in EM1, you could Pendulum Summon Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon into either MM1 or MM3.

That should about cover it.  I hope this helps.

more_horiz
The member 'DanelerH' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'Six-Sided Dice' :
[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon 3d-dic10
Result :
[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon Dice-210

more_horiz
I did not mean to do that.  I'm not actually sure how that happened.

more_horiz
Jv wrote:

All those Unaffected Xyz, Synchro & Fusion can't be Kaijued anymore while in the Extra Zone. A little present.

You Can't Even Summon Them.

Magnus? NOPE
Quasar? NOPE
Zarc? How Do You Expect To Summon It. You Almost Always Need Startime, Which Will Take Up Your Extra Zone. so NOPE
Rainbow Neos? oh you can do that.
Ult Falcon? Maybe.

Ok but, imo this isn't yugioh anymore.
It Just Isn't

more_horiz
What the fuck have I just read

more_horiz
MetaphysHunter wrote:
Jv wrote:

You Can't Even Summon Them.

Magnus? NOPE
Quasar? NOPE
Zarc? How Do You Expect To Summon It. You Almost Always Need Startime, Which Will Take Up Your Extra Zone. so NOPE
Rainbow Neos? oh you can do that.
Ult Falcon? Maybe.

Ok but, imo this isn't yugioh anymore.
It Just Isn't

Why to people always say that when a new mechanic is introduced, before they even try it?  It's almost like people are afraid of change and need to learn to get over it... Oh, wait...  (Kind funny how this relates to the theme of Yugioh Vrains:  "Take a step forward and try.")

Anyways, you can still summon the materials needed from the grave.  You can also summon them from the Extra Deck if you have Link Monsters.  You can just no longer expect to say "I'm playing one card to get a full board."

more_horiz
whoa so pretty much I can only s.summon one extra deck monster or monster directly from the deck to the extra zone. and nowhere else. But if I summon a Link Monster into the extra zone, then the main monster zones linked to that monster can be used to summon other monsters from the Extra deck or main deck?

if that is how it is, then i love this mechanic.

more_horiz
STX wrote:
whoa so pretty much I can only s.summon one extra deck monster or monster directly from the deck to the extra zone. and nowhere else. But if I summon a Link Monster into the extra zone, then the main monster zones linked to that monster can be used to summon other monsters from the Extra deck or main deck?

if that is how it is, then i love this mechanic.

I don't think you can summon a monster from the Main Deck to the Extra Monster Zone, but the rest of what you said is correct.  It adds a new element of strategy and slows down decks that just spam monsters from the Extra Deck.

more_horiz
so on the link monster what are the arrows to the left and right of the art mean? what monster zones do those link too? Zones 1 & 5?

more_horiz
They denote linked zones into which players can summon extra deck monsters. 

more_horiz
SilentKatana wrote:
They denote linked zones into which players can summon extra deck monsters. 

no i understand that. I was talking about these:
[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon 276f7768b8b34a1a836fdf9223e3fd88

But then i reread and now i understand why those are there. i didnt know you could summon another Link Monster in the main monster zone if its linked to another link monster.

I love this. Its about time yugioh started leaning towards more skill and less extra deck spamming.

more_horiz
Yugioh is fun again. Thank god this mechanic is wonderful and exciting, making the game more tactical than ever before. Those who dont want change can just step back, cuz this is great

more_horiz
so basickly only two extra deck monster can be on the field on the same time wtf.

more_horiz
Bladecharge wrote:
so basickly only two extra deck monster can be on the field on the same time wtf.

That is not how it works.  At the beginning, each player can only Special Summon one Extra Deck Monster to an Extra Monster Zone (the other zone then goes to the other player).  If the monster in that zone is a Link Monster, the Main Monster Zones can then be used to summon other monsters from the Extra Deck.  You can also summon Extra Deck Monsters from other locations, such as the Graveyard, to the Main Monster Zones.

more_horiz

more_horiz
Jv wrote:

I'm pretty sure Kaijus can still be used, since you don't have to summon them in the same zone.  People just do that out of habit.  (As a side note, now that the zones actually matter, they'll probably be used a lot more carefully.)

more_horiz
isnt there a card that you can play that blocks an opponent's card zone? expect to see a lot of that being used...

more_horiz
I would assume anything that refers to "Monster zone" now refers to "Main monster zone", rather than allowing you to choose whatever.

more_horiz
STX wrote:
isnt there a card that you can play that blocks an opponent's card zone? expect to see a lot of that being used...

If you mean Ground Collapse, yes, but it'll probably be errata-ed to say "Main Monster Zone", as it would otherwise become extremely overpowered and lock out your opponent.  It can still be used to block Linked Zones, but you'll have to wait until your turn, unless you know what Extra Monster Zone your opponent will pick (such as if you already took the other one) and already know what Link Monsters they're playing, since different Link Monsters can link to different zones.

Another option is technically Ojama Trio, which can be used after a monster is Link Summoned, but they just can't be Tributed for a Tribute Summon or be used as material for an Xyz Summon.  Depending on the ruling for Link Summoning, they may still be able to be used for a Link Summon (similar to how tokens can be used for a Synchro Summon).

more_horiz
found it. but still @jjh927, use this to block the two main monster card zone's under you opponents extra monster zone and you'll cripple their play until they draw a MST or something. I cant wait to see what the errata for this card is going to say....

[RULES] New Field & LINK Summon Latest?cb=20090522035436

yeah you posted before i could send this. lol

more_horiz
I noticed something with the arrow above the link mon. Can you invade your opponents field? Like its still ur mon, but on their field, taking up their space

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply