Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Are you guys up for some Mafia?

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+7
Lux
CrimsonOverlord
Alisae
Bladecharge
jjh927
deathmark
Pepchoninga
11 posters

description Are you guys up for some Mafia? - Page 2 Empty Are you guys up for some Mafia?

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

If YES then reply here! I can host it or we can get some other staffer to host it. In short, if there's interest, we're doin' it. I'm always up with my boys.

description Are you guys up for some Mafia? - Page 2 EmptyRe: Are you guys up for some Mafia?

more_horiz
ROLEBLOCKER = SIMPLE!
GODFATHER = COMPLEX AND MOD LIEING TO PLAYERS!

Which is more simpler, the truth or believing lies?

description Are you guys up for some Mafia? - Page 2 EmptyRe: Are you guys up for some Mafia?

more_horiz
We use the godfather at DUEL ACADEMY. If I got used to it easil, when I first played then everyone else can.

more_horiz
Believing lies. Isn't the whole game reading lies and then coming to a conclusion about which one is actually telling the truth? Real life mafia games usually last like 20 mins or less, it's really simple and no matter how good you are at pressure or any made up strategy, it's still completely guessing an outcome. It's an extremely simple game for fun. Making it sound uber competitive is like saying tic tac toe has some depth to it.

more_horiz
If a person lies, unless they a very good reason behind the lie, they get policy lynch. Townies have no reason to lie, so lynch all liars.
When you're scumhunting you don't look for lies. You attempt to hunt scum by determining who is opportunistic towards certain lynches, who slips information they shouldn't have and who is trying to plant paranoia in the town, for instance. All of these things can only be found out by extensive questioning. Vanilla townies should be at least as active in the discussion as scum and power roles (PRs)

We question people to find out if they are genuine and if their thoughts make sense, for example. This is the most important way to find out who is town and who is scum.

Also the issue here is the mod is lieing to you. It becomes an issue of can you trust the mod or not.

more_horiz
Also Occam's Razor.
The simplest explanation is the best explanation.

If a mod lies to you about an investigation result it becomes WIFOM

more_horiz
May I just tell you that you are being both *unnoying* and *unhelpful* at the moment, right?

more_horiz
All of these terms fall short because none play with strats in mind. The max strategy we do is just pressuring or bluffing. Anyway if you wanna make mafia quantum chess, ur free to do so

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
May I just tell you that you are being both *unnoying* and *unhelpful* at the moment, right?
If you have an actual rebuttle against my arguement you're welcome to come at me, but ad homs aren't arguements.

CrimsonOverlord wrote:
All of these terms fall short because none play with strats in mind. The max strategy we do is just pressuring or bluffing. Anyway if you wanna make mafia quantum chess, ur free to do so
That isn't really a strategy moreso just basic things you do. Playstyle and Strategy is things like intentionally lurking, being lynchbaity with purpose, or other things you can do to attempt to get a read on players like reaction tests.

more_horiz
Yes but think of it as this. Most here aren"t as into mafia as you are atm, so when they join the game they come fresh. Now since you are so caught up in specific patterns the game can go, you will missread everything, because new players tend to not follow the norm and you won't be prepared since they aren't playing in a meta way. Then if all goes wrong you gotta blame it on the newbies, because they don't know wut they are talking about. It's like bringing a current anti meta deck to a duelist kingdom tourney

more_horiz
Lol what patterns?
Patterns don't exist.

more_horiz
Oh wait meta...
The only player's player meta I know off the top of my head is no one here because I play with Pep all the time and I don't even understand his fuckin meta.

Also for site meta it's not that different just your sense of normalcy is different, that's all really.

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
Lux wrote:

If you have an actual rebuttle against my arguement you're welcome to come at me, but ad homs aren't arguements.

CrimsonOverlord wrote:

That isn't really a strategy moreso just basic things you do. Playstyle and Strategy is things like intentionally lurking, being lynchbaity with purpose, or other things you can do to attempt to get a read on players like reaction tests.

We are not debating here so there is no need for rebutting. I'm just telling yo ass that at DA we do things DA way no 'Mafiascum' way. TL;DR, most of us don't care about bs you post

more_horiz
oka sorry for bringing up an argument. Well i guess their only one way to get good at.

more_horiz
No one is mad at you.

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
Oh wait meta...
The only player's player meta I know off the top of my head is no one here because I play with Pep all the time and I don't even understand his fuckin meta.

Also for site meta it's not that different just your sense of normalcy is different, that's all really.

I'm just to damn good.

more_horiz
so um when will we start

more_horiz
Lol Pep
And if you want it to start go nag botto.
That usually, always works.

more_horiz
No sparkle Alisae: I'm joining in this game as well.

more_horiz
Anyone alive? I can host it now.

more_horiz
Finally. Host it, just remember, Wolf Mafia.

more_horiz
@Lux, now that you're a Admin, you won't be able to participate, so, do you want me to just host it now or wait for you to try and come up with a solution so that you can participate(be creative).

more_horiz
Quicktopic is an option but I know Anzo doesn't like the use of things used outside of DA...
BTW I hope you don't mind if I try to come up with solutions as well...

more_horiz
Temporary account maybe...?

more_horiz
Faer I dunno if that would work because nothing is stopping Lux from going onto his main.
Another solution could be to have Lux be demoted while the game is in progress, but I dunno if that would work either.

more_horiz
Alisae wrote:
Faer I dunno if that would work because nothing is stopping Lux from going onto his main.
Another solution could be to have Lux be demoted while the game is in progress, but I dunno if that would work either.

Yeah I REALLY wasn't asking for your opinion here...
Sooo...is a 2nd account allowed(cause let's be honest Lux checking the mafia posts is outta the question)
But possible problem: Something comes up and Lux HAS TO get on his main account...
...I don't really see anyway else this might work though.

more_horiz
I think the only fair way is to use outside sources for Mafia what's against DA's methods. No one can guarantee I won't be checking scums thread if they roll the dice etc.

more_horiz
faervel wrote:
Alisae wrote:

Yeah I REALLY wasn't asking for your opinion here...
Sooo...is a 2nd account allowed(cause let's be honest Lux checking the mafia posts is outta the question)
But possible problem: Something comes up and Lux HAS TO get on his main account...
...I don't really see anyway else this might work though.
I try to help and this is what I get?
lol.

more_horiz
Hey, hey cmon. There is no need for useless arguments. 

Tbh, I won't play if Lux isn't playing. I know the fucker longer then any of you and can garantee that he won't ruin our fun AND his fun by using his newly gained powers to cheat. 

So I belive Lux can just make another account and participate.

more_horiz
Pepchoninga wrote:
Hey, hey cmon. There is no need for useless arguments. 

Tbh, I won't play if Lux isn't playing. I know the fucker longer then any of you and can garantee that he won't ruin our fun AND his fun by using his newly gained powers to cheat. 

So I belive Lux can just make another account and participate.

honestly then, in that case u wont even need to make a new acc ._. using his own account make no difference
not like I play but really

more_horiz
I made my Mafia account. Just joking, I didn't made it. I stole someone's account who didn't log in for a while. I hope they won't mind. 

There is a memberlist on the top of the page that can guarantee that I don't log-in into my Administrator account. I'll do it only if I really have to.

Now host Mafia, @NightBot    Are you guys up for some Mafia? - Page 2 1581485933

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply