Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Chronomaly Discussion Thread

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
gaddster030198
Jv
Vector
DDS
Etwizzy
9 posters

descriptionChronomaly Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyChronomaly Discussion Thread

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Chronomaly Discussion Thread - Page 2 AS

Introduction

"Chronomaly", known as "OOPArts" in Japan or Korea, is an archetype of cards used by Trey in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL anime. Most are either EARTH or LIGHT-Attribute, and Rock or Machine-Type. The OCG name, "OOPArts", is an acronym for "Out-Of-Place Artifact", a term used to describe artifacts that make no logical sense given the technology available at the time they were created. Such objects were also featured as part of the "Ancient Treasure" series in the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's anime. The TCG name, "Chronomaly", is a portmanteau of the word "chronology" which is the sequential order in which past events occur and "anomaly" as in an irregularity or something odd. Put together these monsters are "chronological anomalies" or "chronomalies" since these objects deviate from what would have been possible to create given the resources and technology available at that time.
Their effects support each other well, enabling quick swarming and Xyz Summons of Rank 5 Xyz Monsters, particularly through the LIGHT-Attribute monsters.

Archetype Cards :

Commonly used non archtype cards :

Playing style

"Chronomaly" monsters are focused on Xyz Summoning a wide range of Xyz Monsters. Many of their effects allow Special Summoning of more "Chronomaly" monsters.

Weakness

Since most "Chronomaly" cards involve swarming, mass-removal cards like "Dark Hole", "Torrential Tribute" and "Deck Devastation Virus" can interdict "Chronomaly" monsters before they have a chance to infest the field with the latter-most aforementioned card perhaps being the deadliest to this Deck due to the card's lingering effect and all the non-Xyz "Chronomaly" monsters (except "Winged Sphinx") sporting 1500 or less ATK. "Light-Imprisoning Mirror" also poses a threat to their swarming and effects, as most "Chronomaly" monsters have LIGHT as their Attribute. However, "Mind Drain" can be worse in countering their Special Summoning as a lot of key Level 5 "Chronomaly" monsters (i.e. "Moai" and "Moai Carrier") are helpful in Xyz Summoning "Machu Mech".

Deck Sample :

Last edited by Tequila on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:20 am; edited 3 times in total

descriptionChronomaly Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyRe: Chronomaly Discussion Thread

more_horiz
My "fun" build is pure chrono with knot and options to access Atlantal(Atlandis in tcg) with a tiny summoner monk engine.Now I am thinking of building it pure chrono focusing on 4s and 5s with the airplane effect/moai.Field spell has more uses now and the nebra disk effect from grave stating that you can only use chronomaly effects this turn makes me wanna put 2x fort and machu maybe.

Since the deck relies on searches and the graveyard I might run fiendish chains/breakthrough+tripple mst and double trap stun in the main deck just cuz macro/darklaw/ophion/unicore/rai-oh/mistake/etc etc.

descriptionChronomaly Discussion Thread - Page 2 EmptyRe: Chronomaly Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Oooh that does sound fun! Atlandis is so troll. Razz The Monk engine interests me though, how many spells do you use with it?

Currently I've been trying a Traptrix variant that seems solid just due to the trap presence and amazing deck thinning. I may try Knot at 1 though, I haven't tested him yet.

My one big issue atm is that while MST and Trap Stun get around the S/T floodgate issues they are useless vs Nekroz. Idk whether to main cards for the "rogue" games or try to get something together that can beat Nekroz but insta loses to floodgates.

more_horiz
For fun/trollzy plays I'd have to go with the Rank-up build, the C Atlandis trolls even harder not to mention that having extremely consistent access to 3/4/5 axis shenanigans makes opens up so many more fun plays with the Rank up cards c:

more_horiz
Chronomaly is my absolute fav deck ever

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply