Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionBlackwing Discussion Thread EmptyBlackwing Discussion Thread

more_horiz

Blackwing Discussion Thread NIQ2giC

Introduction

"Blackwing", known as "Black Feather" in the Japanese version, is an archetype of DARK (and one LIGHT) Winged Beast-Type (and one Warrior) monsters making their debut in "Crimson Crisis". In the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's anime, they are used by Crow Hogan and Robert Pearson, Crow inheriting the Deck from the latter. As far as looks, the "Blackwing" monsters generally have a very birdlike appearance, but seems to be more humanoid in the Level 4 and above monsters. Also, most of "Blackwing" monsters feature black in their design, usually on their wing feathering. Most are named after types of wind and air currents, except for the manga version, who are named after weapons instead.

Archtype Cards :

Most commonly used Non-Archtype Cards :

Playing style

"Blackwing" Decks focus on swarming. Because of that, they have an aggressive playing style. Also, because of their swarming capabilities, they give many opportunities to Synchro Summon (note that their trump cards are Synchro Monsters) and Xyz Summon. Their support cards rely on their swarm abilities such as "Delta Crow - Anti Reverse", and "Black Sonic", which can both be activated from the hand when you control exactly 3 "Blackwing" monsters. Some of them take an advantage from “Blackwings” swarming abilities and support it such as "Black Whirlwind". With the overwhelming amount of near forced synergy and powerful support cards, “Blackwings” are one of the easiest archetypes to play. This along with its overall power and relatively low cost nature made "Blackwings" one of the most powerful archetypes in the metagame.

Weaknesses

"Blackwings" have some problems maintaining hand and field advantage due to the overwhelming speed with which “Blackwings” are Summoned, a player can (and often will) find his/her hand depleting quickly, thus lacking resources in case his/her plans goes wrong,
(such as in the case the opponent counters a massive Swarming with a mass-destruction card like "Torrential Tribute" or "Dark Hole"); however, with "Black Whirlwind" now unlimited again to ensure the player can always keep monsters in their hand, this situation will happen much less. Cards such as "Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror" may hurt the player a little as you will not be able to use your effects, and "Dimensional Fissure" will render "Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame", "Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow", "Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North" and "Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite"'s effects useless. However, all of these threats are easily solved with "Icarus
Attack" or "Diamond Dire Wolf", as all of the monsters are Winged-Beasts. "Royal Decree" may pose a problem as it will render "Icarus Attack" useless, but it's also easily dealt with using "Diamond Dire Wolf".

Deck Samples :

Last edited by Tequila on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total

descriptionBlackwing Discussion Thread EmptyRe: Blackwing Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Where is the new searcher tuner alias The Moon in that Decklist...

more_horiz
Slow and unneeded

more_horiz
lies :V

more_horiz
you can't play bws stfu, it is slow, i tried its a waste of card space.

more_horiz
1 or 2 work perfect imo.

more_horiz
this is how you beat Qliports https://i.imgur.com/PvpJhka.png

more_horiz
I bet he had bad start :>

descriptionBlackwing Discussion Thread EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Send a Blackwing Synchro with Kaleidomirror > Use Vayu for free Synchro > Win moar.

descriptionBlackwing Discussion Thread EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Anzo wrote:
I bet he had bad start :>

he started with tool > carrier > saqlifice > set a card

you call that bad? I just opened my Bw "fuck qliports" hand. Like opening with Dark Armed Dragon = gg

more_horiz
I thought I would throw up my current Blackwing deck ive been playing around with a doing extremely well with even against the big boys (Qli, Nek, BA) http://prntscr.com/67xh3g

more_horiz
If I'd run 3  anti spell fragance even my Superheavt Samura can smash Qli. Nekroz are just slow.

more_horiz
My favourite thing to do is activate ASF so then they set all there spell + traps cards then I wipe the lot with delta crow Blackwing Discussion Thread 3974120512 so much LOLz

more_horiz
you are an evil genius then croack.

more_horiz
Its like playing 3 Harpie feather dusters Blackwing Discussion Thread 3974120512

more_horiz
wanna see the true horror? create the loop with dark simorgh

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply