Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Qliphort Discussion Thread

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+14
Lux
Gremlin
DeathStalker
Dovahkiin
Leo
Hoshi(no)Tama777
Alex401k
Train Heartnet
DDS
Galaksii
L.Lawliet
Anzo
Jv
Etwizzy
18 posters

descriptionQliphort Discussion Thread EmptyQliphort Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Qliphort Discussion Thread YCpZuLZ

Introduction

"Qli", known as "Qliphort" in the OCG, (note that the monsters still contain the term "Qliphort" in their names in the TCG) is an archetype of Machine-Type EARTH monsters introduced in The New Challengers that are designed to take advantage of the Pendulum Summon mechanic. This is reflected in the eye-shaped motifs visible in their appearances; these motifs are flanked by two crystals, one blue and another red, that are identical to the indicators of a Pendulum Scale.

"Qliphort" is a pun on Qliphoth (lit. "peels", "shells" or "husks"), the representation of evil or impure spiritual forces in Jewish mysticism, and "fort". The Qliphoth is documented in some texts of Kabbalah, a set of teachings originated in Judaism. The ten emanations of Qliphoth form the Qliphoth Tree (aka "Tree of Death"), and each of them is associated with a type of demon and a Devil.

Most currently known "Qli" monsters are somehow or somewhat related to computing, as inferred from their names and flavor texts ("Access", "Alias", "Archive", "Assembler", "Disk", "Kernel", "Killer", "Shell", "Tool"). "Genome" refers to the genomes of biological organisms, as they bear resemblance with how computers store their data. Each name also referenes a member of the Qliphoth

Archtype Cards :

Most commonly used Non-Archtype Cards :

Playing style

Their focus is to Pendulum Summon monsters to fuel Tribute Summons, with effects that activate when Tributed or when Summoned by Tributing members of the archetype.

All "Qli" Pendulum Effect Monsters have 2400/2800 ATK and 1000 DEF ("Scout" has 1000 ATK and 2800 DEF), like the "Monarchs", and possess the following effects:

Pendulum Effect: You cannot Special Summon any monsters, except "Qli" monsters (this effect cannot be negated).

Monster Effect: You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. If this card was Special Summoned or Normal Summoned without Tributing, its Level becomes 4 and its original ATK becomes 1800. If this card was Normal Summoned, this card is unaffected by effects activated by monsters whose original Level or Rank is lower than this card's Level.

In addition, these "Qli" Pendulum Monsters can manipulate the ATK of monsters on the field (with the exception of "Scout" and "Assembler"); those with a Pendulum Scale of 1 boost the ATK of your "Qli" monsters by 300, while those with a Scale of 9 reduce your opponent's monsters' ATK by 300.

Weaknesses

Due to the fact that "Qli" Decks very much rely on "Qliphort Scout", a simple floodgate is to use cards with effects that can destroy opponent's Continuous Spell Cards, such as "Mystical Space Typhoon" and "Fairy Wind". These cards can also counter opponent's "Skill Drain" or "Vanity's Emptiness", which are common and can be fatal to certain decks if not dealt with. Cards like "Prohibition", "Thunder King Rai-Oh", "Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell", and "Mask of Restrict" that prohibits either the use of "Qliphort Scout" or Tribute Summon are effective as well, but they become futile once the opponent has already set up a field.

When playing a "Qli" deck, be aware of threats such as "Mystical Space Typhoon" and "Bottomless Trap Hole". It is suggested that before extending, clear the opponent's backrows as many as possible by using cards like "Night Beam", which counters free-chain cards such as "Mystical Space Typhoon" and "Sinister Shadow Games". "Qlimate Change" (can be searched by "Qliphort Scout") returns "Qli" monsters in the Extra Deck to hand and can be fairly effective when the opponent is focusing on destroying cards in Pendulum Zones.

While Towers and Kernel are the trump cards of this deck, owing to their immunity to almost all card effects, they are still vulnerable to Continuous Monster Effects. Monsters such as "Destiny Hero - Plasma" can shut these cards down completely, as not only he negate his opponent's Monster Effects, he can also equip an opponent's monster to himself, providing himself with an ample ATK boost.

Deck Sample :

Last edited by Tequila on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:23 am; edited 3 times in total

descriptionQliphort Discussion Thread EmptyRe: Qliphort Discussion Thread

more_horiz
Attack On Dracossack!

Nice Job

more_horiz
I enjoyed the part where you spoke about the naming behind "Qli" and "Qliphort", I wasn't aware it was a Jewish thingy.

sold job brah Wink +1

more_horiz
I know I was surprised to, it's amazing what you find out with a little bit of research.

more_horiz
The deck sample is bad.
- Killer/Towers looks really OP, but in reality if you're able to summon him you should be winning the game regardless.
- Helix is a must at 3.
- Given that Qli's are the most played deck (maybe by a very small percentage over BA) it should be Dust Tornado in the main, not Wiretap.

descriptionQliphort Discussion Thread EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
L.Lawliet wrote:
The deck sample is bad.
- Killer/Towers looks really OP, but in reality if you're able to summon him you should be winning the game regardless.
- Helix is a must at 3.
- Given that Qli's are the most played deck (maybe by a very small percentage over BA) it should be Dust Tornado in the main, not Wiretap.

Thanks for your input. I havnt really had the chance to play Qli's properly yet and I made the deck quickly soley for this article.

But I dont want to post decks for people just to net deck them. The decks are there solely for the purpose of discussion, Like you for example you have came in and gave good advice on what to play in the deck and why ands thats what I want.

more_horiz
ARG Circuit Series Chicago Top 16 Qli Decklists :

Here are the Qliphort decks that made it to ARG Circuit Series Chicago Top 16.

more_horiz
No love for the Qli here at DA?

more_horiz
Everyone hates Qlis. I haven't even attempted to run them even after reading this analysis.

However, I learned how to duel against them so that's good enough for me.

I'll net deck one of those decks you posted and piss on someone's emotions on DN later Qliphort Discussion Thread 1151057309

more_horiz
Add in lawliet suggestion first tho that sample deck was just a basic template.
Have fun taking emotions.

more_horiz
I just love how Masked HEROes have decent match-up against these dudes. Duels can be fun and interesting except when they bring Skill Drain out :<

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Duels can be fun and interesting except when they bring Skill Drain out :<

And that pretty much sums up what I have to say about this archetype ^^

Gala bae is a ninja!

more_horiz
Qliphort Sucks. I lose just as Galaksii says due to Skill Drain. Without Skill Drain and Re-Qliphort (in-theme Skill Drain) they are 0.

more_horiz
Dark Duelist Soul wrote:
And that pretty much sums up what I have to say about this archetype ^^

Gala bae is a ninja!

Yeah boi <3

Jv1391 wrote:
Qliphort Sucks. I lose just as Galaksii says due to Skill Drain. Without Skill Drain and Re-Qliphort (in-theme Skill Drain) they are 0.

That's why I have 3 MST and 3 Dust Tornados in side :>

more_horiz
The problem is Draw them @ Right Moment :3

more_horiz
Jv1391 wrote:

Well, those are six cards so chanses aren't so bad.
I haven't updated that deck, I will probably replace Tornados with Fairy Wind because of Pendulm Zones and Countinious Cards :>

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Jv1391 wrote:

Well, those are six cards so chanses aren't so bad.
I haven't updated that deck, I will probably replace Tornados with Fairy Wind because of Pendulm Zones and Countinious Cards :>

Good call.Fairy wind also does that extra bit of burn damage which helps more then you think.

more_horiz
You can also use it in Chain with a lot of Links

more_horiz
I use 3 WInds instead of Dust. I chain Wind to SKill so minimum -1300 For Him xD

more_horiz
activates Anti-Spell Fragrance, calls gg

more_horiz
Train Heartnet wrote:

Wait, you can't set Pendulms, right?

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Train Heartnet wrote:

Wait, you can't set Pendulms, right?

Indeed. 

You can't set them, they can only be activated.

more_horiz
Shit, I didn't realized that :O

So that means that card is Death Note for them :O

No way!!!

more_horiz
Galaksii wrote:
Shit, I didn't realized that :O

So that means that card is Death Note for them :O

No way!!!

Spell Fragrance is Justice!

more_horiz
Yeah, except not entirely true.

You still need to deal with the FIRST TURN Scout - it's the only Scale that they really need. Other than that they'll have their Floodgates - which are the other problem.
Meaning, unless you have Fragrance in your opening hand, the card can be pretty useless on it's own. And even if you do have the MST to make the lock, that alone will not guarantee your win against them. At times the 800 LP search is meaningless to you as long as you can deal with thier Emptiness/Skill Drain - hell even the Equip Spell can be a pain.
It's not like Shaddolls can and will side that or that BA really needs something to "lock" their Scales. The card is pretty meh. It has a cute effect on them, but that's about it.

more_horiz
Ohh, I see
So previous options are better...

more_horiz
ARGCS Atlanta Top 16 Burning Qli Decklists :

Also Qli took 1st Place at YCS Milan this weekend!

more_horiz
Just let the Auto-pilot does the job.

more_horiz
but u forget in the pendulum zone they are considered spells which would make them immune to things like skill drain so u can still use their pendulum eff

more_horiz
I'm not a pendulum expert; however, I believe they're considered both a 'Monster' and a 'Spell Card' while in the pendulum zone. Again, I'm not sure.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply