Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Chronomaly Discussion Thread

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+5
gaddster030198
Jv
Vector
DDS
Etwizzy
9 posters

descriptionChronomaly Discussion Thread EmptyChronomaly Discussion Thread

more_horiz

Chronomaly Discussion Thread AS

Introduction

"Chronomaly", known as "OOPArts" in Japan or Korea, is an archetype of cards used by Trey in the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL anime. Most are either EARTH or LIGHT-Attribute, and Rock or Machine-Type. The OCG name, "OOPArts", is an acronym for "Out-Of-Place Artifact", a term used to describe artifacts that make no logical sense given the technology available at the time they were created. Such objects were also featured as part of the "Ancient Treasure" series in the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's anime. The TCG name, "Chronomaly", is a portmanteau of the word "chronology" which is the sequential order in which past events occur and "anomaly" as in an irregularity or something odd. Put together these monsters are "chronological anomalies" or "chronomalies" since these objects deviate from what would have been possible to create given the resources and technology available at that time.
Their effects support each other well, enabling quick swarming and Xyz Summons of Rank 5 Xyz Monsters, particularly through the LIGHT-Attribute monsters.

Archetype Cards :

Commonly used non archtype cards :

Playing style

"Chronomaly" monsters are focused on Xyz Summoning a wide range of Xyz Monsters. Many of their effects allow Special Summoning of more "Chronomaly" monsters.

Weakness

Since most "Chronomaly" cards involve swarming, mass-removal cards like "Dark Hole", "Torrential Tribute" and "Deck Devastation Virus" can interdict "Chronomaly" monsters before they have a chance to infest the field with the latter-most aforementioned card perhaps being the deadliest to this Deck due to the card's lingering effect and all the non-Xyz "Chronomaly" monsters (except "Winged Sphinx") sporting 1500 or less ATK. "Light-Imprisoning Mirror" also poses a threat to their swarming and effects, as most "Chronomaly" monsters have LIGHT as their Attribute. However, "Mind Drain" can be worse in countering their Special Summoning as a lot of key Level 5 "Chronomaly" monsters (i.e. "Moai" and "Moai Carrier") are helpful in Xyz Summoning "Machu Mech".

Deck Sample :

Last edited by Tequila on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:20 am; edited 3 times in total

descriptionChronomaly Discussion Thread EmptyRe: Chronomaly Discussion Thread

more_horiz
The merge function is trash so I had to delete the old one sorry @Vector.

more_horiz
Yay Chrono's! One of my favourite Archtype decks <3

There's quite an extensive range of main deck monsters, most of which you can ignore except the LIGHT ones. They do quite an excellent job of toolboxing xyzs. You have access to almost anything you could want from Rank 3, Rank 4 and Rank 5... With options to overlay those  for even more crazy stuff! ^^

Having your core monsters (even some of the key extra deck cards) being LIGHT allows you to take advantage of that double honest :3

descriptionChronomaly Discussion Thread EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
The merge function is trash so I had to delete the old one sorry @Vector.

It's alright man, I don't mind. I suck at long posts anyway.

anyway, I love the fact that Chronomalies can OTK out of nowhere. accomplished this more than once by myself in fact. Laughing

also, you need to mention Artifacts too. They were played with chronomalies a lot in the ocg

more_horiz
The artifact variant deserves an honourable mention considering the fact that it was most competitively successful version of the deck in the OCG. Then Moralltach got limited and Nebra disk got limited. The deck pretty much died after that  and looking forward the artifact version will merely be a memory.

You can't even play that version of the deck on DN either because Moralltach is  now being limited in the TCG as well.

It's been a slow process but now Nebra Disk is back to unlimited in the OCG so the pure deck is back! ^^  

more_horiz
Disk is soon coming to TCG aswell I believe Wink

more_horiz
Every Deck is stronger with Artifact: SO It's obvious that a  Level 5 Based Deck will be even stronger, also  The same is Number 19 + Crystal Zero Lancer here. Even Zatch can spam these decks. Here My "Pure" except 2 "Chronomaly" Main Deck. Even Knot people hate.

Heaven's Door: Babylon!

Chronomaly Discussion Thread MSsoT9v

more_horiz
You don't find running 3's of all them earth's cloggy? In my experience their abilities don't really offset the sheer amount of clumpy hands they can produce. I'd rather just use more semi-staple S/Ts. 

So how's the Aggro centric build working for you with 0 main decked answers to backrow?  I like being able to use the vast tool boxing abilities this deck has as opposed to the level 5 spam ham/OTK or nothing build and even that requires you to main deck some answers. 

more_horiz
this is Level 5 spam with babylon. as I said I just created it with using KNot and cards people don't use such as tula guardian because everyone can put 10000 trap cards + artifacts.

and this build is cool try it

more_horiz
Why no copies of the themed solidarity esque card. I remember that when I tested this when they first come out in the ocg that card was insane. Floating 2600 disks was huge.

more_horiz
Jv1391 wrote:
this is Level 5 spam with babylon. as I said I just created it with using KNot and cards people don't use such as tula guardian because everyone can put 10000 trap cards + artifacts.

and this build is cool try it

I gave it a fair shot. My problem with it is that it's a spam build. I mean, the decks natural ability to manipulate stats and recruit for other cards makes it feel more like a control deck and that's how I like playing this Archetype. 

Also if  you run babylon, you run leviair in the extra. Card is so good with Babylon  <3

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
Disk is soon coming to TCG aswell I believe Wink

Can't believe I missed this post! O:

Do you have any reliable sources on this?

I mean, Let's face it TCG Konami has a terrible track record with OCG imports ever since they started making their own TCG pet projects. 

more_horiz
Lies! there's no news for the OCG Worldwide import.

Return on the Bling in march imports PP17 <3

more_horiz
http://ygorganization.com/booster_pack_finally_importing/

This deck is finally going to be playable in the TCG! ^^

more_horiz
So late

But I ain't complaining

more_horiz
Exactly^^

I'm just relieved It's finally going to playable in the TCG.

more_horiz
:V DDS posting Ygorganization instead of our Own copy topic :\

more_horiz
Whoopsie!

Chronomaly Discussion Thread 2896007000

more_horiz
THE DISK IS COMING!! @Dark Duelist Soul

2015-04-17 Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG World Superstars

more_horiz
Makes me feel like this;

Spoiler :

more_horiz
Roach wrote:
THE DISK IS COMING!! @Dark Duelist Soul

2015-04-17 Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG World Superstars

Me when I first heard the news

more_horiz
Im glad too

more_horiz
Anyone else hyped for Disk coming to TCG?

more_horiz
Looks like its just the few of us that genuinely enjoy playing with this deck.

I'm completely fine with that, seems people are more fascinated with the idea that Noden might possibly have a very slim chance of being of potentially in the superstar set.

more_horiz
I realise I'm a tad late to this particular party but holy shit they are finally giving us Disk!!!

PRAISE THE MOTHERF*ING SUN!

Took them long enough been waiting years for this!

Shame Artifacts are gone though. Was a fun engine. RIP Moral.

EDIT - Does anyone know if we get Fork btw? I'm gonna be a lot less hyped if we don't.

more_horiz
It should be in the set win Nebra Disk, unfortunately we don't have a full list of the world superstar set yet :c

Artifacts are still doable, they just aren't good right now with scythe control being the only approach that works.

It's a shame Necloth are the best deck really, The scythe control version doesn't work too well against them..

more_horiz
I the rank 4 chronomaly xyz needs to be in the set with nebra or I am going to riot!I've been playing this deck irl with machu otk and rank-up version. The nekroz matchup is completely bad since you cant otk cause of brio/valk (unless you main debunk or mind crush or something else that stops those two),you rely on extra deck monsters so all nekroz ritual monsters will be able to own you and you will have cards in hand/field/graveyard all the time unless you set everything from your hand which means that trish will be devastating.

more_horiz
Yeah, as much as it pains me to say it. This deck probably won't do too much in the upcoming TCG format. Main reason being: the Necloth matchup is horrid because Unicore and valk are cards, cards people often run at 3.

Valky says no to the OTK and pretty much any big push you make.. Unless you main deck cards to stop it, dodging valky is something that is inherently struggles with.

Unicore essentially makes all of your boss monsters into vanillas.

Not to mention various folks main decking mind crush and siding cards like mistake, debunk  and Mind drain is also pretty problematic.

more_horiz
Yup we have a few months of nothing with this deck tbh. When Nek get hit we may have some better chances but I don't really like our Doll match-up either and they are unlikely to be hit next list.

Just to ask what are you guys going for atm, Pure, Artifact or another engine? I'm struggling to find one that seems to be the best of them all.

more_horiz
I think pure is the best. 

Other engines just seem to give me more awkward hands.

Here is my Pure build: https://i.imgur.com/l8AqxCP.jpg

I've recently rebuilt my OCG list version due to the decks toughest matchups getting hit on the OCG list and the fact there were shiny new xyz toys to play with! ^^

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply