Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Bringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+20
sonicflarex
Gremlin
gatrong2003
Bearer of the Mask
AngelicMinaj
TDS
Christopher Kaiba
Alikaey
Jikan
ALu
Ezekeil
Cinque
Frisky Badger
VoxPopulii
Anzo
LòKóS
Salader
DefinitelyNotXrai
Centrik
Jin Kazama
24 posters

descriptionBringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test - Page 2 EmptyBringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

After a lengthy discussion, we have decided that we are going to be overhauling our testing system. This is Duel Academy, and Slifers are our main concern. We have noticed that only two people have passed  from Slifer to Ra in a long while, so we're changing how you get from Slifer to Ra, in addition to what you have to do to get there.

You all should have a room that you create in your dorm, yes? This is where you will store your accomplishments in Duel Academy. The more you do, the more you are rewarded for your efforts. Slifers can post on their dorm threads achievements they have, and when they have all of the required things done, as well as enough points to advance from Slifer to Ra, we promote them. Simple as that.

First of all, let's go over the test.

The test will be 50% rulings, 50% dueling. The pass mark on the tests are a combined total of 85%, but you need to get at least 75% on each test to take the other, and pass the exam.

So, as a few examples, if Anzo gets a 77 on one test and a 95 on the other, he will have passed the test accomplishment. If Amy Kool gets 80 on both tests, she will have failed the test accomplishment. If Jin Kazama gets a 98 on rulings and a 74 on the dueling, he will have failed the test accomplishment.

Slifer Accomplishments

Accomplishing things in DA is the new way of going from Slifer to Ra! The following are a list of accomplishments you can achieve:

Required:
Pass Slifer Test. Test is based out of 100. 50% Dueling, 50% Ruling Questions. Value in Achievements: 20.
Post 200 times. Value in Achievements: 10.
Duel at least 100 times. Value in Achievements: 15.

Optional:
Post 500 times. Value in Achievements: 10 (total: 20 - 10 at 200, 10 at 500).
Duel 250 times. Value in Achievements: 10 (total: 25 - 15 at 100, 10 at 250).
Get deck help. Value in Achievements: 5.
Submit a Pro Decklist. Value in Achievements: 5.
Have a Pro Decklist approved. Value in Achievements: 15.
Leave meaningful comments on articles, or correctly answer a lesson. Value in Achievements: 10.
Become a Staffer. Value in Achievements: 5.
Buy a shop. Value in Achievements: 5.
Participate in a Role-Play. Value in Achievements: 5.
Wager DPs in the Shadow Arena. Value in Achievements: 2.
Participate in a Tournament. Value in Achievements: 2.
Participate in League. Value in Achievements: 2.
Top 10 League or top 8 tournament. Value in Achievements: 5.
Win a League or Tournament. Value in Achievements: 10.
Participate in TCG/OCG Discussion (meaningfully). Value in Achievements: 2.
Submit a piece of GFX for review that receives at least a 50% approval rating. Value in Achievements: 2.

This seems complicated, but here's what it means.

There are 140 points in total. You need 110 to get from Slifer to Ra, and must have all of the required items.

If there are any questions, please post them here! I'll be taking care of this personally for a little bit to facilitate the changes required!

descriptionBringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test - Page 2 EmptyRe: Bringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test

more_horiz
aha, yeah rai. young age.

descriptionBringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test - Page 2 EmptyRe: Bringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test

more_horiz
hi

more_horiz
gatrong2003 wrote:
hi
Verbal warning. Read the rules.
http://www.duelacademy.net/t8-rules-of-duel-academy-must-read
Please do not spam. Mad Also, hi. Welcome to the academy. Read the starter guide.

more_horiz
technically it wasnt verbal rai try not to make that mistake again

more_horiz
Well my personal opinion would be to settle for 20 but whatever you guys feel like it's for the best.

more_horiz
well bring it on

more_horiz
Salader wrote:
Unrealistic because Anzo would Auto fail a test xD

Now you should not just jugde people like that, Anzo (Even tho I dont know her/him) Has the right skills and knowalage to get into Blue or higher cause I learned alot in the time I spent here
and my spelling errors never go way XD

more_horiz
Angry Dueling Nerd wrote:
Salader wrote:
Unrealistic because Anzo would Auto fail a test xD

Now you should not just jugde people like that, Anzo (Even tho I dont know her/him) Has the right skills and knowalage to get into Blue or higher cause I learned alot in the time I spent here
and my spelling errors never go way XD

Just friendly humor and jokes between companions. Also, Anzo is an admin/Abandoned Purple Dorm.

more_horiz
oh sry mb

more_horiz
Aw man, I worked hard to pass the paper exam, and it took 3 hours =l. Lucky new people.

more_horiz
Dat feel bro but who knows.

more_horiz
ok, so i have done some of the achevements, such as get deck help, so how do i prove that or what ever?

more_horiz
Hm.....I think when you take a test, you will need to list all of your achievements out.

more_horiz
Just a quick question: On this "rules of testing" post, it says that 200 posts are required in, terms of achievements, to test. On Amy Kool's "rules of testing" post, only 20 are required. I was just wondering which number I should trust.
Link to Amy Kool's Post: http://www.duelacademy.net/t12150-testing-system-rules-and-information

more_horiz
Well probably these are new rules.

Also can you do me pixel arts Bringing the Dueling back into Slifer Test - Page 2 3974120512 Yours look nice.

more_horiz
I was painted black and called a niger wat should I do?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply