Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionInfernoid Discussion Thread EmptyInfernoid Discussion Thread

more_horiz

Infernoid Discussion Thread EbYqci8

Introduction

"Infernoid" is an archetype of FIRE Fiend-Type monsters that debuted in Secrets of Eternity. This is the first Special Summon Monster archetype. The name of the archetype is a
combination of the words Inferno and Void, and also a play on the word's Infernal and Android. In times immemorial, these messengers of the inferno were sealed away inside the Sacred Tree of the Naturia along with the "Qli". Their forms are said to be based on those of ancient monsters who were seized
and captured "Qli".

Each of the revealed Level 7 and lower "Infernoid" monsters' names are corruptions of the names of biblical demons, such as "Lucifuge" and "Beelzebub". The revealed high-Level monsters, "Nehemoth" and "Adramelech", use non-corrupted versions. Those demons are said to be the rulers of the
Qliphoth. Their Spell and Trap Cards are named after the Purgatory (in japanese) and Void (in TCG).

Archtype Cards :

Cards to consider :

Playing Style

All of the "Infernoid" monsters released thus far cannot be Normal Summoned/Set, and must be Special Summoned by banishing other "Infernoid" monsters from the hand and/or
Graveyard while the combined Levels or Ranks of all Effect Monsters you control is 8 or less. The Level 4 and lower "Infernoids" all require exactly one to be banished, the Level 5 to 8 require exactly two to be banished, and the
currently only Level 10 — "Infernoid Onuncu" — requires exactly three "Infernoids" to be banished. All of them have either 0 ATK or 0 DEF, except for "Onuncu". The Level 4 and lower "Infernoid" monsters can only be
Special Summoned from the hand, and have effects that deal with individual cards on the field, by simply destroying them or by returning them to the hand or Deck. Also, during the opponent's turn, they can tribute one monster in order to banish any card in the opponent's Graveyard. The Level 5 to 8 "Infernoid" monsters can be Special Summoned from either the hand or Graveyard and have offensive effects that activate when they battle a monster; allowing them to attack a second time in a row, disrupt the opponent's hand or banish any card on the field. Their second effects also allow the player to banish any one card from the opponent's Graveyard, but can be activated during either player's turn, rather than only during the opponent's turn. This second effect is very useful as it can be used to dodge effects that target "Infernoid" monsters, as well as to disrupt your opponent's plan when he/she activates a card that targets a card in their Graveyard.
Finally, their boss monster, "Infernoid Onuncu", can also be Special Summoned from the Graveyard and destroys all other monsters on the field upon its Special Summon. Its second
effect can negate the activation of any Spell/Trap Card or effect at the cost of tributing a monster.

Weaknesses

While "Infernoids" can easily pump out monster after monster to win games, they require banishing cards from their Graveyard or hand in order to Special Summon themselves, since all revealed Infernoids are Nomi monsters. Cards such as "Necrovalley", "Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer", and "Imperial
Iron Wall" can prevent players from being able to banish cards to Special Summon any "Infernoid", locking them out of their best plays. If you require the ability to banish cards
yourself, you can play cards such as "Macro Cosmos", "Dimensional Fissure", and "D.D. Crow" instead, to prevent your opponent from having enough cards in their Graveyard,
while also being able to Special Summon "Infernoids" and still allowing you to banish cards. "Vanity's Emptiness" can also shut down "Infernoids", since the cannot be Normal Summoned or Set, and must be Special Summoned by their own effects. This forces "Infernoids" to rely on the very few monsters they can Normal Summon or Set until they can get rid of "Vanity's Emptiness", getting rid of a lot of their advantage.

Deck Sample :

Last edited by Tequila on Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total

descriptionInfernoid Discussion Thread EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
I have no idea what that sample deck is supposed to be. You want every infernoid monster at x3 instead of onuncu and piaty which you want at x1. The kuribandit engine is okay to run but the best engine for infernoids is the lightsworn engine so raidensx2-3, luminasx2, lylasx1-2, and wulfx1. You don't want that many spells and traps seeing as how reasoning is looking to mill most of them anyway.

descriptionInfernoid Discussion Thread EmptyRe: Infernoid Discussion Thread

more_horiz
uncontrolled mill is bad. roach post the konami officials list. I posted them time ago just search. instead of random do one v:

more_horiz
I did the Konami list with a few changes.

I tell you what, we'll do something a little different here as I've conjured up a idea. How about people contribute here and TOGETHER we come up with a deck list for the OP?

more_horiz
Everyone uses lightsworn for infernoids you tool.

more_horiz
Okay time to me to build an Infernoid Deck and beat yours LS infernoid. are you ready?

more_horiz
Goodluck with that.

more_horiz
Declare the format. tcg or ocg+tcg. then I'll do it and BA you.

more_horiz
By any chance could you two record the duel? We could use it as an example in the OP.

P.S. Also, the two of you should be civilized when posting in discussion topics, I see some use of inappropriate words here and there. (Note: Do NOT reply to this PS of mine, It's something for the future)

more_horiz
I don't know if he wants duel xD I'm building one <3

more_horiz
Yeah play on YGOpro to record it!

Also I cleaned a few naughty post, Keep it clean you to Wink

more_horiz
Updated with new card Infernoid Lilith.

more_horiz
I'll post now the new "Void" cards. stay tuned.

more_horiz
Inb4 one of them being a themed 'Painful Choice'

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply