Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionare there Cards (spell/traps) with similar effect to mystical space typhoon Emptyare there Cards (spell/traps) with similar effect to mystical space typhoon

more_horiz
I recently learned that mystical space typhoon and dust tornado do not negate the effect of the cards they destroy. This ruins my deck, so I wanted to know if there were cards with similar effect but that actually negate the effect of the cards they destroy. Or they just negate the effect that also works.

I'm not sure if this is the right spot to ask this, the forum is somewhat confusing

descriptionare there Cards (spell/traps) with similar effect to mystical space typhoon EmptyRe: are there Cards (spell/traps) with similar effect to mystical space typhoon

more_horiz
well, Night Beam prevents the card targeted from being used in response.

descriptionare there Cards (spell/traps) with similar effect to mystical space typhoon EmptyRe: are there Cards (spell/traps) with similar effect to mystical space typhoon

more_horiz
I was more thinking along the lines of "Negate the activation of a spell/trap card your opponent controls" or something somewhat like that even if there are some conditions like discarding a card or something.

more_horiz
There is no card thats like MST that has a Negation effect. There are many cards that negate spells and traps though, Solemn Judgment is a Common one.

more_horiz
dark bribe also negates spellz/traps, but also certain archetypes have their own spell/trap negation such as infernity barrier for infernities

more_horiz
and certain Archtypes, like Heroes, have R - Righteous Justice or Elemental HERO Stratos for S/T destruction.

more_horiz
Moved.

more_horiz
Okay, well I can't use any card that specifies a type of monster other than zombie as that is the theme of my deck. Thanks for the help I'll look into those cards

more_horiz
You can chain any Spell or Trap Card activation with Mystical Space Typhoon, destroying it. The destruction of the card does not negate its effects.

However, depending on the type of Spell or Trap card, it can prevent
its effect from taking place. Continuous, Equip, and Field Spell Cards
are the only Spell cards that will have their effects stopped if they
are chained with Mystical Space Typhoon. The same rulings apply to Continuous Trap Cards.

Normal and Quick-Play Spells, and Normal Traps will carry out their
effects regardless if they are destroyed.

These rulings apply to any other cards that have similar effects to Mystical Space Typhoon, such as Dust Tornado and Twister.

Most, if not all, cards that negate Spells/Traps are "Counter Traps".
Find the list for every one here: http://www.yugiohcardguide.com/traps/counter

You should also look up on "spell speeds" if you're not already familiar with them. They're quite important in the game.

more_horiz
Dark bribe is a common spell/trap negater that is used. Theres also seven tools of the bandit, solemn judgment, trap jammer, magic jammer, ect....

Just goto DN and goto to deck creatrow then put in card desc: search option there negate spell/trap.

more_horiz
All right I'll do that thanks

more_horiz
Answered/Locked

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply