Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Dear Konami: You sicken me.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+24
Train
Amy Kool
BliTz
Neji
Hating~Metas
SoulEater
Dex
Metal Gear
Typical Jew™
';..;'
Zane Truesdale
Pilover
darkness evil
Eheroduelist
Train Heartnet
SkylaX
Potus Mat
Linda-Senpai
Exiled
mimgrim
RebornShadow
Tragedy
LethalAfterZ
TheVoid
28 posters

descriptionDear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 4 EmptyDear Konami: You sicken me.

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Konami, you sicken me.

Are you *this word has exceeded its tolerance limit -_-* serious? ANOTHER push for Six Samurai? Am I the only one who remembers they just won a YCS a few months ago? They get their own personal RotA put to 2 after winning the YCS, and now they have a new Structure Deck coming out, with A NEW SIX SAMURAI XYZ? ARE YOU *this word has exceeded its tolerance limit -_-* KIDDING ME? Konami has a boner for Six Samurai, I swear!

Discuss.

descriptionDear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 4 EmptyRe: Dear Konami: You sicken me.

more_horiz
Sup ppl.

Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 4 4161398469

descriptionDear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 4 EmptyRe: Dear Konami: You sicken me.

more_horiz
Amy Cool wrote:
Sup ppl.

Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 4 4161398469

here

Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 4 YU_GI_OH_milk_and_Cookie_____by_Smakkowarner

more_horiz
I wish I could say that this thread devolved to spam, but, really, it is an improvement.

more_horiz
Potus Mat wrote:
Every deck (barring Froggy FTK and its ilk) requires skill. The essence of free choice, the forethought, andvthe subtle readings separate the netdeckers from the masters.

Thats something Yugi wud say

more_horiz
Please keep it on topic guys

more_horiz
Yeah, it never really was on topic. First it was "I hate Sams", then "I hate Potus", then "Sams Structure isn't coming out", then "Yes it is", then this.

more_horiz
You guys don't even know that the Six Sam Xyz monster even does...why complain about it?

more_horiz
Lol, Potus I find you so funny! xD

@Don because it's more support for a archtype that already has so much.

more_horiz
Most, if not all, of the OCG cards they release come to TCG after a while.
Everything they have one time, we will have in the future.

more_horiz
Dexter Morgan wrote:
Lol, Potus I find you so funny! xD

@Don because it's more support for a archtype that already has so much.

Shien's Daredevil and Shien's Advisor are support for the same archetype and they both suck. It only matters if they're good, right? So what if this new support happens to suck? It won't matter, will it? If it sucks, then you just use Blade Armor Ninja over it, no big deal...

more_horiz
The point is that they are giving more support to a deck which is still competitive as it is, instead of giving support to a deck that has long since been forgotten.

more_horiz
You're not understanding me here. What if the support sucks? Does it matter that it's been given new support if the support sucks?

more_horiz
You still do not get it. Whether the support sucks or not, the structure deck could have been used to improve other archtypes that need a boost other than giving Sams something else.

more_horiz
Chances are anything else that absolutely needs support is too doomed to even be able to be played in the first place. Like Harpies...even if that had support, nobody would play them.

If you're that mad, then nobody's stopping you from playing.

more_horiz
I see what you're saying Don, both sides have a valid point. Sams don't deserve support, they're competitive as is. However, if the support sucks badly, doesn't affect the competitiveness of the deck.

Problem is, Don, the chances of Sam support sucking is a pretty decently sized "what if?"

more_horiz
But it's still a "what if" nonetheless.

more_horiz
That's kinda my point xD

It has a chance of happening, but it's dependant on how the circumstances play out.
However, it ultimately come down to the fact that, despite the fact of whether or not the support is the most god-awful support ever to have been crafted, Sams do not deserve support AT ALL. Especially what they were capable of 2-3 formats ago.

more_horiz
I feel sort of mixed about this topic. On one hand, I think it's cool that they're giving people (especially newer players like my friends and myself) a whole deck of a fun archetype to work with. I have one friend in particular who will be extra excited to find out that they're coming out with a Six Sam deck, as that's among his favorite decks.

On the other hand, there are several other kinds of decks that I like that I would have rather had a deck made XD though that's just personal preference. It's been proven recently that many older archetypes have been slowly getting extra support recently (The Dark Worlds started back in GX, as well as stuff like the EHeroes ((with the Omni, masked, and vision heroes being newly released)) etc.) I would have preferred something like an E Hero Deck, Wind-Up deck, or Water deck (which hearing the news of the potential sea serpent deck is good news for me!) to come out instead.

Before forming opinions on what I've said, keep in mind that I'm very new to the game and meta game and stuff XD I've attending a total of 1 tournament, and that was a local one at that. Also, like the fact that I liked the wind-up cards before even reading online that they're actually really good, which is just icing on the cake XD But yeah, I'm just speaking from a general, neutral POV~

more_horiz
^Only thing I disagree with is the "fun" portion of Sams.

Classic Sams are meh, but 3 Shi ens out on the field at once is kinda a funkill.
(2-3 formats ago, Limited nao, but was just to prove point xP)

Nowadays most Sams replace the missing Shi ens with the Naturia synchs to spam negations.

more_horiz
>>3 Shi En
Nobody runs Great Shogun Shien? -_-

more_horiz
Actually, one of the most fun games I ever had was when the opponent had two Shi En's out. I was borrowing the deck of a guy who kept losing and said his deck sucked, and it was all very Yusei-ish.
Dark Hole, Shi En one negates, Quick Synchron, Special Spell Striker, Synch for Destroyer, pop Shi En two, Reborn Shi En, attack Shi En with Destroyer, direct attack with Shi En...
It ended with Junk Warrior running over his 4300 Colossal Fighter.

more_horiz
Don Whitehorse wrote:
>>3 Shi En
Nobody runs Great Shogun Shien? -_-

shogun is somewhat easy to get pass :/ i played this sam player who broguth out shogun, shi en, and rebroned my own alchemist and attacked for a good deal of damage (i had a set D-prison but knew it would have been pointless to play so i saved it) i goto my turn and draw rabbit (yes i ahve a dino-rabbit deck but its not your normale rabbit deck) i gointo dolkka and activate book (here i am hoping he would negate lol but he jsut let me set instead) so i attack his faceodwn shi en and destroy it i then end he then proceed to attack with shogun and i D-prisoned it Laughing shortly after that i won

something else to note is after he got that field of his (shi en, shogun, and my alchemist) he asked me if i wanted to scoop because he said i ahd no way to get out of that perdiciment XD

so shogun isnt that big of a threat O_O

more_horiz
Since we are on the topic and it might explain why he thought you wouldn't be able to get out of the situation is that many people believe Great Shogun Shien and LSS Shi En create a lock which is false

more_horiz
aint that the truth i actaully used to think it was a lock when i was newer to YGO but i learned after a while its nowhere near a lock :/

more_horiz
Eheroduelist wrote:
^Only thing I disagree with is the "fun" portion of Sams.

Classic Sams are meh, but 3 Shi ens out on the field at once is kinda a funkill.
(2-3 formats ago, Limited nao, but was just to prove point xP)

Nowadays most Sams replace the missing Shi ens with the Naturia synchs to spam negations.

Hmm, fair enough XD I haven't actually played like a super pro Sam deck yet so I guess I wouldn't know. Currently my friend who likes them has a sketchy deck with them thrown together, and it only contains the normal six sams, and a few of their support cards. Read as: I haven't seen Shi en or the Naturia monsters or even any sort of good six sam deck in action. So with that deck it seems fun, but I can definitely see how it could get really frustrating really fast xD;;

more_horiz
Exiled108 wrote:
Since we are on the topic and it might explain why he thought you wouldn't be able to get out of the situation is that many people believe Great Shogun Shien and LSS Shi En create a lock which is false
Well, of course it's false. All it does is lock you out of spells and traps. Does nothing against Inzucktors...

more_horiz
It doesn't lock you out of anything

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply