Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

Dear Konami: You sicken me.

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+24
Train
Amy Kool
BliTz
Neji
Hating~Metas
SoulEater
Dex
Metal Gear
Typical Jew™
';..;'
Zane Truesdale
Pilover
darkness evil
Eheroduelist
Train Heartnet
SkylaX
Potus Mat
Linda-Senpai
Exiled
mimgrim
RebornShadow
Tragedy
LethalAfterZ
TheVoid
28 posters

descriptionDear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 EmptyDear Konami: You sicken me.

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Konami, you sicken me.

Are you *this word has exceeded its tolerance limit -_-* serious? ANOTHER push for Six Samurai? Am I the only one who remembers they just won a YCS a few months ago? They get their own personal RotA put to 2 after winning the YCS, and now they have a new Structure Deck coming out, with A NEW SIX SAMURAI XYZ? ARE YOU *this word has exceeded its tolerance limit -_-* KIDDING ME? Konami has a boner for Six Samurai, I swear!

Discuss.

descriptionDear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 EmptyRe: Dear Konami: You sicken me.

more_horiz
mimgrim wrote:
sams are not fun! not at all! why i refuse to play them

sams are the only deck that require no skill to play WU and inzekts get close buuuuuut they require some small skill to play it think :/
With Shi En limited, Samurais take more thought since you need to go Naturia Beast and Barkion. Things aren't so smoothe anymore, but it's still powerful none the less.

Inzektors requires a good build, cause if you don't get hornet and dragonfly, you'll need another way to control the duel. You can't rely on drawing dragonfly and Horner in hand or graveyard, need something else in the deck.

Wind-Ups also requires a good build, if you got a great one, the consistency is madness. Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 3974120512

descriptionDear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 EmptyRe: Dear Konami: You sicken me.

more_horiz
shi-en might be limited but sams got smoke signal back with it getting semi-limited and becuase of this its jsut as easy as getting 3 shiens out when it was unlimited and getting shien and the naturia beasts out to in fact the naturia beast are even more of a threat then shien due to the fact that they can keep on negating stuff more then once per turn unlike shien.........

more_horiz
Difference is, Shi en can negate (almost) anything, whereas Naturia synchs have a cost to negate, and can only negate one type of thing for each synch.

Although I agree, we still have something to fear from six sams, not as much as 3 Shi ens, but something.

more_horiz
As much as I would love to lock this thread, I must point out that we are still getting a Six Sams Structure Deck.
http://www.konami.com/yugioh/articles/?p=3696
Check the Wikia, people!

more_horiz
yes shi en doesent have a cost where the beasts do however shi en is only oncer per turn where as the beasts are unlimited so that evens it out so sams are still the only skillless deck out there ._.

and dangit i was really hopping we werent going to get a sams structre deck >_<

more_horiz
Next time, check the facts before getting your news from a thirteen year old.
Anyway, I was there when Grandmaster was given at the pre-release, I was there when Shi En came to be, and I will be here for this new Structure Deck. Sams have never been a skillless deck. Neither have Wind-Ups, Inzektors, Rabbit, or whatever. The only skillless decks are decks like Froggy FTK or Scientist FTK, where there truly is no thought, just a process to be completed.

more_horiz
Process to be completed=same move performed over and over and over again right?

If so, Sams seems to fit into the skill-less category.

more_horiz
Consider the following scenario:
Samuel "Sammy" Samson plays Sams. In hand, he has Elder and Kagemusha, and the opponent has two set cards and Number 50. In two separate realities that branch off of this point, he either summons Shi En or Beast. If the opponent has Book of Moon and Lance set, then Beast would have been the best option. If the opponent had Torrential Tribute and Call of the Haunted, Shi En would have been the best option. This opens up a total of four different realities, two of which have a positive outcome, and two of which have a negative outcome. There, choice is a factor. Choice is determined by skill. Ergo, Sams require skill.

more_horiz
ah I see sams are getting a tcg exclusive structure. now wonder i couldnt find anything bout it. Still, I'd rather think about the sea-serpent structure instead of the sam one.

more_horiz
Potus Mat wrote:
Consider the following scenario:
Samuel "Sammy" Samson plays Sams. In hand, he has Elder and Kagemusha, and the opponent has two set cards and Number 50. In two separate realities that branch off of this point, he either summons Shi En or Beast. If the opponent has Book of Moon and Lance set, then Beast would have been the best option. If the opponent had Torrential Tribute and Call of the Haunted, Shi En would have been the best option. This opens up a total of four different realities, two of which have a positive outcome, and two of which have a negative outcome. There, choice is a factor. Choice is determined by skill. Ergo, Sams require skill.

Unless you just immediately jump for anti-trap (or personal preference/randomly choose) and attack.

99% sure there is a definite lack of skill on DN. xD

Not saying that you can't have skill and play Sams, you just don't need skill to play Sams becuase you can just spam and synch, and you don't have to worry so much about being stopped by Spells/Traps due to spam negation from the synchs.

more_horiz
Potus Mat wrote:
Neither have Wind-Ups, Inzektors, Rabbit, or whatever. The only skillless decks are decks like Froggy FTK or Scientist FTK, where there truly is no thought, just a process to be completed.
Saying process was a bad idea, cause the whole Dragonfly and Hornet is a process, one that specials summons Centipede and adding another Dragnfly to repeat the process. The Wind-Up loop is also a process, the only thing you got right was Rabbits because he's one card.

more_horiz
FACT: Six-Sams have returned.

I take back everything I've said about Six Sams, they may not be as good as Dino-Rabbits or Inzektors, but there still top tier... Sad

more_horiz
despite my hatred for them, I think I'd enjoy watching Inzektors/Wind-ups/Rabbits getting creamed by Sams.

more_horiz
Gishkis started with a bang
Sams started out well and are still up their
Gustos did not last long
Glads are toast
Heros are still here
Inzectors are goign to be in the top untill they have a ban list
and DarkWorlds are still up their

But sams are just down right annoying
and inzectors are annoying i am making a deck to kill them

more_horiz
Metal Gear wrote:
Potus Mat wrote:
Neither have Wind-Ups, Inzektors, Rabbit, or whatever. The only skillless decks are decks like Froggy FTK or Scientist FTK, where there truly is no thought, just a process to be completed.
Saying process was a bad idea, cause the whole Dragonfly and Hornet is a process, one that specials summons Centipede and adding another Dragnfly to repeat the process. The Wind-Up loop is also a process, the only thing you got right was Rabbits because he's one card.

The deck contains a process, such as you or I contain processes. Froggy and Scientist FTK are only processes. While pretty much every Inzektor deck revolves around said process, the redundancies and contingencies a skilled Inzektor player will install into their deck will place them ahead of an unskilled Inzektor player who will be stopped by a well placed Veiler or two.

more_horiz
Potus knows what he is talking about here. You guys cant just say a deck is skilless cuz its herp a derp...

Six-Samurais i hate you.

more_horiz
ok then sams are the closest deck to skilless as possible right now ._. that better?

more_horiz
isn't inzektors the real problem for now? seriously? i TRIED six sams for just a single duel against the bugs and lost (note: the deck was not mine Razz ) either way yeah i think they're pretty annoying... but my gravekeeps somehow are able to place them back (note: possible only when DN is not hating the crap out of me {giving me 20 s/t in a row}), to me as long as Shi En stays limited i'm cool but if one day it becomes unlimited...: Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 452097546 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 692615957 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 3147896512 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 1144978906 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 1854617810 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 1211185477

more_horiz
Rabbit is still the most skill-less deck right now and the best

more_horiz
Hating~Metas wrote:
isn't inzektors the real problem for now? seriously? i TRIED six sams for just a single duel against the bugs and lost (note: the deck was not mine Razz ) either way yeah i think they're pretty annoying... but my gravekeeps somehow are able to place them back (note: possible only when DN is not hating the crap out of me {giving me 20 s/t in a row}), to me as long as Shi En stays limited i'm cool but if one day it becomes unlimited...: Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 452097546 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 692615957 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 3147896512 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 1144978906 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 1854617810 Dear Konami: You sicken me. - Page 3 1211185477

its true that inzektors are bad but they aren't getting a new structure deck for themselves

more_horiz
germanfan23 wrote:
Hating~Metas wrote:

its true that inzektors are bad but they aren't getting a new structure deck for themselves

Do you even understand this game? Inzektors are so far from bad it isn't funny.

more_horiz
I'm thinking... what he meant to say was: "Inzektors are bad for you" Or something along those lines. Maybe he meant, but bad in a good way.

more_horiz
i still say they're BUGging me like hell

more_horiz
OP is a madbro.
Lol I love Six Sams. Imo, nothing can overcome the amount of OP that dandy had before it's death

more_horiz
Exiled108 wrote:
Rabbit is still the most skill-less deck right now and the best

i actually have to disagree here i admit rabbit decks are OP but they require startegy and thinking to win you have to know when and where to use laggia's effect and not fall for the bait that is just one example tho but i will agree that the rabbit decks dont require to much skill but they arent quite the most skill-less deck yet because toy still need to know when and hwere to use leggia and all that shiz ._. but they still require little skill XD

more_horiz
Exiled108 wrote:
germanfan23 wrote:
Hating~Metas wrote:

Do you even understand this game? Inzektors are so far from bad it isn't funny.

i didn't mean bad like they aren't good i meant like they are op and stuff and they are bad for u like dexter said

more_horiz
Every deck (barring Froggy FTK and its ilk) requires skill. The essence of free choice, the forethought, andvthe subtle readings separate the netdeckers from the masters.

more_horiz
Potus Mat wrote:
The essence of free choice, the forethought, and the subtle readings separate the netdeckers from the masters.

Deep stuff v.v

more_horiz
While you are correct that every deck needs skill, Potus, some decks require much much less.

more_horiz
Exiled108 wrote:
While you are correct that every deck needs skill, Potus, some decks require much much less.
For perfect example is Magical Explosion FTK, just got to follow the instructions.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply