Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+19
vequest
Alisae
SilentKatana
TransGirlMagic
BLB97
Lux
Cinque
Bladecharge
DanelerH
Drunkion
DoragonFen
TricMagic
Nikolai Trace
DDS
Staxx
kyosuke kiryu
faervel
CrimsonOverlord
chaoslord
23 posters

description[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 2 Empty[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 2 The-Monarchy

Welcome to second official Duel Academy Duelist Kingdom Event! In this particular event, just like in anime, duelists will start with a certain amount of Star Chips ( the amount has yet to be decided) and the first four duelists who obtain 10 Star Chips proceed to the elimination stage! 

Even though this is a "Duelist Kingdom" event, we will not strictly use DK set of rules. We'll use *normal* Yugioh rules;

• Players can only have up to 6 cards in his or her hand unless the card "Infinite Cards" is in play on his/her side of the field.

• One Normal Summon is allowed per player per turn. Monsters can be Summoned in face-up Attack Position, face-up Defense Position or face-down Defense Position.

• Level 4 or below monsters can be Summoned during a Normal Summon.

• Level 5-6 monsters need one Tribute in order to Normal Summon.

• Level 7+ monsters need two Tributes in order to Normal Summon. 

• If an opponent had no monsters in play, the Turn Player is free to attack his/her Life Points directly, reducing their total by the monster's ATK points....  And so on! 

These are some of the Event rules that will be followed:
-Each player begins with 2 number of Star Chips
-First four duelists to obtain 10 Star Chips proceed into the elimination stage of the tournament
-In Top 4 (elimination stage) players will be paired randomly
-There is no duel for a third place (Go big or go home!)
-There is no restriction on how much Star Chips you can invest (that means that it's up to you and your opponent to decide about that)
-You will be following specific cardpool and banlist which will be listed later in the post
-Duels will be 8000 LP single duels
-Auto-win decks are disallowed

...now onto prizes! 

Code:

1st place: Dorm promotion + Match against the 'King of Games'!
2nd place: Free shop item
Top 4 prize: 6000 DP + Medallion

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 2 LBf91rm

Cardpool and Banlist: 
Every playable card for Goat tournament: http://formatlibrary.weebly.com/goat-card-pool.html
Goat banlist: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/April_2005_Lists
DON'T FORGET! First turn draw and one field spell rules are in effect!

TOP 4: 
Alisae, Olethros, kyosuke kiryu, DanelerH

Last edited by Lux on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

description[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 2 EmptyRe: [EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!!

more_horiz
I.. am Annoyed... and stop that music......(Seriously, where is it coming from, and how can I turn it off)

What format are we even playing, and where's the banlist so I can actually know what I Can use in my decks.I thought it was going to be xyz era, But now this.. I cant build a deck if the banlist changes every few days.

description[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 2 EmptyRe: [EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!!

more_horiz
No we'll be doing GOAT format

more_horiz
which banlist though....... Linda is stressing me*shakes head.

more_horiz
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/April_2005_Lists

more_horiz
question how does the "cant have more than 6 cards" work exactly? i literally have 5 cards cant draw into 7 with graceful charity or wut, or at the end of the turn i must have 6

more_horiz
I want in!

more_horiz
Oh baby! Goat boyz, wake me up when this party starts! ;3

more_horiz
I would either delete the whole thread or posts here or make new thread, since we were still deciding on what format to play.

more_horiz
You can't have more than 6 at the end of the turn lol. And we are playing GOAT.

more_horiz
Im def interested in joining this but i've never played goat before so if someone wouldn't mind helping me a bit it would be greatly appreciated

more_horiz
Goat banlist: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/April_2005_Lists
Every playable card for the Goat format: http://formatlibrary.weebly.com/goat-card-pool.html

Have fun building decks and dueling! 

Event will start when Star Chips got reseted at two. That should be soon. 

more_horiz
P.S. Don't forget that duels are 8000 LP SINGLE duels!

more_horiz
Update: 

DUELIST KINGDOM IS GOOD TO GO! Good luck to all participants and just let me know if there is any problem Wink 

more_horiz
Won vs Chaoslord Wagered 1 star
Lost vs DDS Wagered 1 star

My starchip count: 2

Last edited by kyosuke kiryu on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
Reporting result.

Victor: DDS

Adversary: kyosuke kiryu

Bet: 1 chip

gg @kyosuke kiryu

more_horiz
Well, on YGOPro, I did not get to draw my 6th card even with the obsolete rule. I would not duel in YGOpro for this tournament.

more_horiz
kyosuke kiryu wrote:
Well, on YGOPro, I did not get to draw my 6th card even with the obsolete rule. I would not duel in YGOpro for this tournament.

I think you might have mistakenly interpreted the rules.

I don't mean to antagonise anyone, but I'll go into detail with what happens for the sake of those who haven't played pre-july 2014 when the rules changed or for those who may have forgotten.

Players each get 5 cards when the game starts then when it's their draw phase the turn player draws a card for turn.

Players do not start the game with a 6 card hand.

Example: Alice and Bob play a game in a Goat Format.

Alice wins the die roll and opts to first > Game Start! > Players draw 5 opening hand.

Alice draws a card  for her draw phase going from 5 to 6. Alice sets a card and passes, going back to a 5 card hand.

Bob's turn starts. Bob Draws a card for the draw phase, going from 5 cards in hand to 6. Bob Summons a monster, going from 6 cards in hand to 5.

Hope spelling that out cleared up any misunderstandings people may have with how the classic draw system works.

I have the replay to confirm this did function as described if that makes any difference.

more_horiz
Oh awkward lol true

more_horiz
Victory vs DDS, 1 chip

more_horiz
Smacked chettana booty for 1 chipso

more_horiz
I won against Drunkion for one chip. gg

more_horiz
confirm

more_horiz
I have beaten Tric magic for two star chips

more_horiz
Loss to bladecharge,
misread some text.
-2 chips for me
+2 to Blade

more_horiz
Reporting result.

Victor: chaoslord
Adversary: bladecharger

Bet: 1 chip

more_horiz
comfrim

more_horiz
All results should be updated. Please let me know if there is any mistake.

more_horiz
Won 2 chips from Chaoslord

more_horiz
beat Tric. The bet was for 1 star.

more_horiz
Lost to STX,
Mill le Flippin Cretin

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply