Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+19
vequest
Alisae
SilentKatana
TransGirlMagic
BLB97
Lux
Cinque
Bladecharge
DanelerH
Drunkion
DoragonFen
TricMagic
Nikolai Trace
DDS
Staxx
kyosuke kiryu
faervel
CrimsonOverlord
chaoslord
23 posters

description[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 7 Empty[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 7 The-Monarchy

Welcome to second official Duel Academy Duelist Kingdom Event! In this particular event, just like in anime, duelists will start with a certain amount of Star Chips ( the amount has yet to be decided) and the first four duelists who obtain 10 Star Chips proceed to the elimination stage! 

Even though this is a "Duelist Kingdom" event, we will not strictly use DK set of rules. We'll use *normal* Yugioh rules;

• Players can only have up to 6 cards in his or her hand unless the card "Infinite Cards" is in play on his/her side of the field.

• One Normal Summon is allowed per player per turn. Monsters can be Summoned in face-up Attack Position, face-up Defense Position or face-down Defense Position.

• Level 4 or below monsters can be Summoned during a Normal Summon.

• Level 5-6 monsters need one Tribute in order to Normal Summon.

• Level 7+ monsters need two Tributes in order to Normal Summon. 

• If an opponent had no monsters in play, the Turn Player is free to attack his/her Life Points directly, reducing their total by the monster's ATK points....  And so on! 

These are some of the Event rules that will be followed:
-Each player begins with 2 number of Star Chips
-First four duelists to obtain 10 Star Chips proceed into the elimination stage of the tournament
-In Top 4 (elimination stage) players will be paired randomly
-There is no duel for a third place (Go big or go home!)
-There is no restriction on how much Star Chips you can invest (that means that it's up to you and your opponent to decide about that)
-You will be following specific cardpool and banlist which will be listed later in the post
-Duels will be 8000 LP single duels
-Auto-win decks are disallowed

...now onto prizes! 

Code:

1st place: Dorm promotion + Match against the 'King of Games'!
2nd place: Free shop item
Top 4 prize: 6000 DP + Medallion

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 7 LBf91rm

Cardpool and Banlist: 
Every playable card for Goat tournament: http://formatlibrary.weebly.com/goat-card-pool.html
Goat banlist: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/April_2005_Lists
DON'T FORGET! First turn draw and one field spell rules are in effect!

TOP 4: 
Alisae, Olethros, kyosuke kiryu, DanelerH

Last edited by Lux on Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

description[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 7 EmptyRe: [EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!!

more_horiz
Spoiler :

description[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!! - Page 7 EmptyRe: [EVENT] Duelist Kingdom #2!!

more_horiz
Yup, that conversation happened, but we did duel, and he kept quitting on me on turn 2, when I locked him down with GK and antimeta stuff, he even says that GOAT is not a format he likes or has practiced much, so I mean, if you want to take that away, then it's fine, but the guy confirmed, and nothing says that "surrendered wins" are against the rules....so no one is lying here, but if its against the rules to get wins like that then should have been stated, I did not force the guy, you could question him too if you want lol.

P.S and if It helps, we dueled on DB, a manual system where it does not take time to duel...specially single duels at that.

more_horiz
Next DK Tournament there should be a rule against dueling the same person twice in a row. I genuinely thought we couldn't.
At the very least, a 24 Hour penalty game, when you would have your Star Chips reduced to 0, given we have an eternal chip.

more_horiz
In his defense, he seemed to be high

more_horiz
Well then. Not that my vote counts, but whether you deem it abuse or not, rules clearly do not prevent it. To void those games honestly constitutes restarting the entire event. One mid-event ban was enough and imo should be lifted, but I can understand why it was imposed - this is supposed to be more casual and fun.

GJ fam @kyosuke kiryu I aim to claim the last spot. Come at me peeps

more_horiz
beat crim for 1

more_horiz
lost chip to crim

more_horiz
Reporting result.

Victor: DDS

Adversary: PowerNova

Bet: 2 chip

Most intense game I've had this event! ^^

gg @PowerNova

more_horiz
won 1 chip from nova!

more_horiz
lost a chip to Olethros

more_horiz
DDS wrote:
Reporting result.

Victor: DDS

Adversary: PowerNova

Bet: 2 chip

Most intense game I've had this event! ^^

gg @PowerNova

Confirm. Great game bro, definitely mind my first gamble on chips to be lost in a game like that
Staxx wrote:
won 1 chip from nova!

Confirm. GG bro

I believe that makes 4 for me.

more_horiz
Beat DDS for 1

more_horiz
Olethros wrote:
Beat DDS for 1

Confirming.

Snarky comment removed.

more_horiz
Beat bladecharge for 1

more_horiz
beat blade for 1 chip. i'm at 6

more_horiz
Beat Crim for 1

more_horiz
Beat Farkion for 1

more_horiz
Beat Staxx for 4. That brings me to a total of 10

more_horiz
lost 4 to Oletheros. Sad

more_horiz
If olethros doesnt win this tourney, i riot

dude is topdeck god

more_horiz
Me, The retired Vet that only played in this to play Goat Control
Dan, The Previous King of Games
Kyosuke, Some dude that farmed a guy to 10
Olethros, The newcomer

Yep. Quite an interesting top 4 we got here.

more_horiz
Gratz. Literally people advanced 4 days back to back each time I got offline because no one was playing or I had to do something.

more_horiz
PowerNova wrote:
Gratz. Literally people advanced 4 days back to back each time I got offline because no one was playing or I had to do something.

I know that feel bro.

Still, congratulations to those who made top cut! ^^

more_horiz
I'll update everything in a hour, sorry for the delay.

more_horiz
@Olethros wins are legit so logically he made into Top 4 cut. However, I'll have to review the case regarding @kyosuke kiryu and his duels against @chaoslord. Decision to be made soon.

more_horiz
You already changed the rules once mid-event. Just let it ride, and next time host the tournament better(no offense). plus i already deleted my decks. Anyways this makes the event way more interesting. Just like Alisae said.... we have the reigning Champ, Dan. Who could've held on to his title, and faced the winner of this event to defend it, but instead, he gave up his title and worked his way up to the top 4 to win the title again. Then we have Alisae, a duelist that barely plays anymore, a crowd favorite, that dusted off their deck and fought they way into the top 4. 3rd spot is Kyo, a legend in the online ygo community, known for his disloyalty, by always leaving clans for any clan that offered something better. He got to the top 4 by, what some people think, were nefarious ways. He's clearly the villain of this event. And last we have Olethros, who literally just join the academy and swept his way into the top 4. If this was the golden age of Duel Academy, someone would have written an awesome article about this Event.

more_horiz
I'm not thinking about changing the rules, just about checking did he won his chips legit way or not. But if everyone is fine with it kyosuke can just go by. 

I admit I haven't hosted this DK the best way possible, I take the blame for that. But couldn't host it any better.

more_horiz
I'm fine with the results as is. I'm interested in seeing how the top 4 will play out since it will be matches with siding correct @Lux

If possible, we should be recording events like these as well as matches in any tournament (Top 2, Top 4 in events like this). New staff position possibly? @Anzo @Lux @NightBot

more_horiz
Recording? In what way?

more_horiz
By using software like OBS (Open Broadcasting Software), using some sort of video capture device, and uploading it to either YouTube or Twitch.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply