Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+15
Bladecharge
Centrik
Lux
PowerNova
Staxx
PaNiCMaKeRz
YAMI MOTO#1
Pepchoninga
BlackJack
DDS
CrimsonOverlord
Kangaroo-Jolty
deathmark
Atticus
TricMagic
19 posters

description[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!  - Page 2 Empty[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!  - Page 2 The-Monarchy

Welcome to official Duel Academy Duelist Kingdom Event! In this particular event, just like in anime, duelists will start with certain amount of Star Chips (amount has yet to be decided) and the first four duelists who obtain 10 Star Chips proceed to the elimination stage! 

Even though this is a "Duelist Kingdom" event, we will not strictly use DK set of rules. We'll use *normal* Yugioh rules;

• Players can only have up to 6 cards in his or her hand unless the card "Infinite Cards" is in play on his/her side of the field.
  • One Normal Summon is allowed per player per turn. Monsters can be Summoned in face-up Attack Position, face-up Defense Position or face-down Defense Position.
  • Level 4 or below monsters can be Summoned during a Normal Summon.
  • Level 5-6 monsters need one Tribute in order to Normal Summon.
  • Level 7+ monsters need two Tributes in order to Normal Summon. 
  • If an opponent had no monsters in play, the Turn Player is free to attack his/her Life Points directly, reducing their total by the monster's ATK points....  And so on! 

These are some of the Event rules that will be followed:
-Each player begins with 2 number of Star Chips
-First four duelists to obtain 10 Star Chips proceed into the elimination stage of the tournament
-In Top 4 (elimination stage) players will be paired randomly
-There is no duel for a third place (Go big or go home!)
-There is no restriction on how much Star Chips you can invest (that means that it's up to you and your opponent to decide about that)
-You will be following specific cardpool and banlist which will be listed later in the post
-Duels will be 8000 LP single duels
-Auto-win decks are dissallowed

...now onto prizes! 

Code:

1st place: Dorm promotion + "King of Games" rank title!
2nd place: Free shop item
Top 4 prize: 5000 DP + Medallion

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!  - Page 2 LBf91rm

Cardpool and Banlist: 
-We will be using TCG February 2004 banlist: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/February_2004_Lists
-You can use all the cards released in: Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon, Metal Raiders, Spell Ruler, Pharaoh's Servant, Labyrinth of Nightmare, Legacy of Darkness, Pharaonic Guardian, Magician's Force, Dark Crisis, but you might as well run all the cards released in sets before 2004. 
-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Trading_Card_Game_sets#Yu-Gi-Oh.21

Top 4: 
PaNiCMaKeRz
Jyudai Yuki
DanelerH
Crow Hogan

ALL OF YOU WHO GOT DISQUALIFIED ARE BACK INTO THE GAME WITH 1 ETERNAL CHIP, MEANING YOU CAN NEVER GO LOWER THAN 1 CHIP, SO EVEN IF YOU GET BEAT WITH YOUR CURRENT FINAL CHIP, THE WINNER GETS A REPLICA ADDED TO HIS COLLECTION (aka 1 chip),BUT YOU WILL NOT DIE!

Last edited by Lux on Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:55 pm; edited 8 times in total

description[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!  - Page 2 EmptyRe: [EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!

more_horiz
Yay exodia solitare, such it means to be the duel king!

more_horiz
My final statement is - Burn, Stall, Mill decks are allowed. Auto-Win, however, is not allowed.

more_horiz
YAMI MOTO#1 wrote:
um....that card actually really bothered /prevented my victory's.....unless my opponent had more then one "grave keepers servant on the fieldxd however that card never really rekt meh@all^^
@tricmagic

Gravekeeper's Servant
Most decks tend to run game changers where they can. And there are a lot of limited cards in this deck list that will likely be run. Its a 5/40 chance with the probability changing each time, at the very least someone would have to use a spell/trap destroyer(MST/Dust Tornado) to remove it from the field. Otherwise the opponent will have to add mill to their luck format. Also I'm running two. Could still use it with discard effects if I need to.
(Call of the haunted, tribute, then Giant Trunade is one combo that could be ruined.)
also thank you @Lux

more_horiz
so we pm you our decks ?

more_horiz
PaNiCMaKeRz wrote:
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:
A society of light promotion is far too high a prise to be giving away on and old format fun event!!!

Then you 'in' or not?

If i was in, i wouldve said so, i dont believe its your job to be asking me this!

more_horiz
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:
PaNiCMaKeRz wrote:
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:
A society of light promotion is far too high a prise to be giving away on and old format fun event!!!

Then you 'in' or not?

If i was in, i wouldve said so, i dont believe its your job to be asking me this!

so are you in or not?

more_horiz
PaNiCMaKeRz wrote:
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:
PaNiCMaKeRz wrote:
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:

Then you 'in' or not?

so are you in or not?

Dopey Bastard!

more_horiz
Bloodie spidah m8

more_horiz
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Bloodie spidah m8

Dont be a bloody pleb crimmy, doesnt help! lucky i like you after all Smile

more_horiz
Kangaroo-Jolty wrote:
CrimsonOverlord wrote:
Bloodie spidah m8

Dont be a bloody pleb crimmy, doesnt help! lucky i like you after all Smile

I tried being oustralien. Anyway we took out sol promotion, so if you're still interested in this, think it over, if not oh welp cya at next event

more_horiz
what archetypes where introduce in 2004 i forget

more_horiz
actually we play with <2003 decks go ahead and make your research if you want to play

more_horiz
so basically when he first yugi , joey and kabi decks where out

more_horiz
Bladecharge wrote:
so basically when he first yugi , joey and kabi decks where out

yea check world championship 2003 decks

more_horiz
This was limited in the next pack. [EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!  - Page 2 Chaose11
When I saw this I was ready to make a [Warning... Boss Approaches!] post. Until I checked and saw it was already accounted for.
Invasion of Chaos (IOC) - March 1, 2004
Consisted of the Japanese sets Controller of Chaos and Invader of Darkness. It contains a variety of powerful cards for many different types, including Dinosaur, Insect, Sea Serpent, and Beast. It also contains the immensely powerful "Chaos" monsters (Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning and Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End) that further promoted the use of the already powerful Dark and Light monsters, therefore polarizing the worldwide metagame, and in doing so, were the main cause for the introduction of the "banned" list of cards not allowed in tournament play. It was originally released in a special edition set which included three Unlimited Edition booster packs and one Limited Edition holofoil card (either Gemini Elf, Magic Cylinder, Ring of Destruction, or Lava Golem). The cover card is "Dark Magician of Chaos".

more_horiz
alright i am ready to go man

more_horiz
So, has this party started yet?

more_horiz
I doubt anyone will do this for more then 3 days.

more_horiz
We shall see

more_horiz
I'm game for this

more_horiz
DDS wrote:

I think I will start it tommorow

more_horiz
Given that you originally said five to seven days I'll probably have to bow out of this. I still have three packs to shift through, otherwise know as 300 cards.

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
DDS wrote:

I think I will start it tommorow

Could you maybe start it like Saturday? Just to have more time to prepare something. I think it would be appreciated by all.

more_horiz
TricMagic wrote:
YAMI MOTO#1 wrote:
um....that card actually really bothered /prevented my victory's.....unless my opponent had more then one "grave keepers servant on the fieldxd however that card never really rekt meh@all^^
@tricmagic

Gravekeeper's Servant
Most decks tend to run game changers where they can. And there are a lot of limited cards in this deck list that will likely be run. Its a 5/40 chance with the probability changing each time, at the very least someone would have to use a spell/trap destroyer(MST/Dust Tornado) to remove it from the field. Otherwise the opponent will have to add mill to their luck format. Also I'm running two. Could still use it with discard effects if I need to.
(Call of the haunted, tribute, then Giant Trunade is one combo that could be ruined.)
also thank you @Lux

yeah......my opponent had 3 out^^
@tricmagic

um so  we use decks from 1996-2004....so the banlist remains(monster reborn) for example..can we use that because that was used in the older decks? Does anyone know any websites that have information on which decks were used...decklists? Or whatever the words are? I know a lot of decks that were used in the first yugioh series....um for example can we use orichalcos decks? That one was counts right? I just don't want to use a deck or card that isn't allowed!! So can someone help me by stating some examples...or should I use yugioh wiki. Or is that a bad idea? Plz someone let meh know so I can build a couple of decks(: 
um do we also have to pm u the decks@lux

more_horiz
First TCG set was released in 2002 so you use 2002 and 2003.  And no you don't.

@Pepchoninga cannot guarantee.

more_horiz
YAMI MOTO#1 wrote:
TricMagic wrote:
YAMI MOTO#1 wrote:
@tricmagic

Gravekeeper's Servant
also thank you @Lux

yeah......my opponent had 3 out^^
@tricmagic

um so  we use decks from 1996-2004....so the banlist remains(monster reborn) for example..can we use that because that was used in the older decks? Does anyone know any websites that have information on which decks were used...decklists? Or whatever the words are? I know a lot of decks that were used in the first yugioh series....um for example can we use orichalcos decks? That one was counts right? I just don't want to use a deck or card that isn't allowed!! So can someone help me by stating some examples...or should I use yugioh wiki. Or is that a bad idea? Plz someone let meh know so I can build a couple of decks(: 
um do we also have to pm u the decks@lux

geezus dude read the OP

Lux wrote:
Cardpool and Banlist: 
-We will be using TCG February 2004 banlist: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/February_2004_Lists
-You can use all the cards released in: Legend of Blue Eyes White Dragon, Metal Raiders, Spell Ruler, Pharaoh's Servant, Labyrinth of Nightmare, Legacy of Darkness, Pharaonic Guardian, Magician's Force, Dark Crisis, but you might as well run all the cards released in sets before 2004. 
-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_Trading_Card_Game_sets#Yu-Gi-Oh.21

more_horiz
I already made a post about that on this page. Chaos Emperor Dragon and various other Chaos monsters were first released in Invasion of Chaos. That pack is immediately after Dark Crisis.

more_horiz
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_World_Championship_2003

more_horiz
Lux wrote:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Yu-Gi-Oh!_World_Championship_2003

thanx lux

more_horiz
Whats good with this?

[EVENT] Duelist Kingdom!  - Page 2 32013234

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply