Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

descriptionMajespecter Discussion Thread  EmptyMajespecter Discussion Thread

more_horiz

Majespecter Discussion Thread  CPtZZ75

Introduction

"Majespecter" (マジェスペクター Majesupekutā) is an archetype of WIND Spellcaster-Type monsters debuting in Dimension of Chaos.

The "Dracoslayer" archetype hints at a relation between this archetype and "Igknights". Both are full-Pendulum archetypes containing a "Dracoslayer" monster (which appears to be a merging of one of its archetype members with another mystic creature) and Field Spell Cards portraying the surging of those monsters, both "Dracoslayer" monster and Field Spell Card containing a word with "P", written as "P" with a Furigana, just like how "Pendulum" is written "P" with the Furigana "Pendyuramu". In addition, while the "Igknight" archetype consists of Normal Monsters (no monster effect) that all have Pendulum effects, the "Majespecter" archetype consists of effect (all with effects) monsters with no Pendulum effects.

Archtype Cards :

Playing style
This archetype contains only Pendulum Monsters with no Pendulum Effect, whose monster effect makes it so that they cannot be targeted by or destroyed by an opponent's card effects. The Spells and Traps rely on Tributing your monsters to limit the opponent's field presence, variably banishing their cards, destroying them, or shuffling them into the Deck, while the Tributed monsters can easily be Pendulum Summoned again. Most "Majespecter" monsters also can search for more "Majespecter" cards, helping regain advantage after Tributing the monsters.

Weeknesses
Although the Deck can easily search most of their tools and have innate protection against card effects, "Majespecters" themselves have low stats, making them vulnerable towards opponents that can swarm with stronger monsters. As a Pendulum-oriented Deck, they suffer greatly if their scales are destroyed and are unable to re-set the scales (but do note: destroying their scales at the wrong time can allow your opponent to Pendulum Summon them right back, effectively wasting the resource you used to destroy the scale(s)).
The deck is also heavily reliant on adding cards from the Deck to the hand, as almost every "Majespecter" monster allows the player to search their Deck upon being Summoned. Using "Mistake" or "Thunder King Rai-Oh" will stop all effects that add cards from the Deck to the hand outside of drawing them, thus rendering those effects useless

Last edited by Roach on Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

descriptionMajespecter Discussion Thread  EmptyRe: Majespecter Discussion Thread

more_horiz
You forgot "Majesty's Pegasus" their Field Spell.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Majesty's_Pegasus

descriptionMajespecter Discussion Thread  EmptyRe: Majespecter Discussion Thread

more_horiz
lmao cap.

all you have to put for weaknesses is : KOZMO

more_horiz
NightBot wrote:
You forgot "Majesty's Pegasus" their Field Spell.
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Majesty's_Pegasus

No I didn't Majespecter Discussion Thread  3974120512
JC the shadow hunter wrote:
lmao cap.

I don't think think the kozmo match is that bad tbh. I havnt had much difficulty against kozmo players. As long as you don't let kozmo's banish it's all good Majespecter Discussion Thread  3974120512

more_horiz

I don't think think the kozmo match is that bad tbh. I havnt had much difficulty against kozmo players. As long as you don't let kozmo's banish it's all good Majespecter Discussion Thread  3974120512

the whole purpose that majescepter is basically its spell and traps which all TARGET (tempest is an exception)

And what do them spaceships do?

Basically fuck them over Razz

more_horiz
And that's where Tempest and warning comes into play Majespecter Discussion Thread  2864255611

more_horiz
Broken much. Kozmo will definitely give them a difficult time, but ofc smart players will know how to handle it. I may have to build these, somewhat my style.

more_horiz
I've been testing them (and Kozmo and infernoid) on YGOPRO the past couple days because DN hasn't been working for me and I must say out of those 3 decks (the new meta) this is my favourite and strongest in my opinion.

more_horiz
I don't like the deck and it definitely doesen't suit my playstyle (a lot of backrow.)

more_horiz
JC the shadow hunter wrote:
lmao cap.

But the counter trap wrecks Maje's

more_horiz
is there a deck skeleton that new players getting used to the format can see?

more_horiz
I am currently at work atm so don't have access to a computer but ill post up my Majespecter Deck for this format when I get home for you Smile

more_horiz
Here you go Seto

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply