Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

New Staff Position: Tester

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+14
Skitoritto
AngelicMinaj
Thepredator2100
faervel
Naito Raizu
Anzo
Kandy.JPEG
WarByte
Juelz Anthony Cruz
JudgmentDuelist
Centrik
Train Heartnet
Gremlin
Jin Kazama
18 posters

descriptionNew Staff Position: Tester - Page 2 EmptyNew Staff Position: Tester

more_horiz
First topic message reminder :

Duel Academy is bringing the dueling back to the table. We are accepting applications for a staff position that was once in DA a long time ago - a tester.

In your application, explain why you'd be a good one and how you'd test people coming into the academy.

descriptionNew Staff Position: Tester - Page 2 EmptyRe: New Staff Position: Tester

more_horiz
that's his job

descriptionNew Staff Position: Tester - Page 2 EmptyRe: New Staff Position: Tester

more_horiz
soo this is just a tester application even though it dosent say that?

more_horiz
Yes.

more_horiz
We used feaver yet?

Thank you predator2100 for writing an application Smile

more_horiz
Can I sign up?

more_horiz
You can Try

more_horiz
List of clients I'm using:

-Dueling Network [Skitoritto]
-DevPRO          [Skitoritto]

Why am I applaying:

I've seen so many testers suffering testing newbies,I saw them rage,crie and scream.
It really is hard to test someone when you do not understand him.
Going stright for the test duel is an stupid metod,your opponent must at least know the basics from the official guide.
If he/she/it does not know the basics then why test them?What's the point on wasting time testing them when you could spend that time teaching them?
My reason for applaying is to teach them to think,to make them better players and to teach them how to have fun without using Meta decks and Tier 0 stuff (Burn,Exodia..).

Why would I be a good teacher:
I'm good at understanding people and showing their mistakes the way they are,not going around and explaining why the aren't good.
Isn't it better to be honest with someone instead of being quiet making them nervous?
I'm also an relaxed person,I'm never quiet during the duel,as I'm allways trying to make my opponent less-nervous and more focused on the game.
I do not play mind games,I simply play the game.

more_horiz
^

If you're not going to test them without a duel how are you going to test their skill level.

more_horiz
Mr.Kandy wrote:
^

If you're not going to test them without a duel how are you going to test their skill level.

If someone does not know you can't summon LVL 7 monster with tributing what's the point of it?
Also if you don't know the spell speeds you belong to Slifer Red dorm ._..That's really the basics.

more_horiz
Too bad we cant auto-slifer you're going have to duel them the traditional way. So now you can feel the pain we testers feel vsing them. But who the knows you may not even get the part Wink

more_horiz
Thanks for being supportive ._..

more_horiz
I thought you liked your spot in Slifer Wink

more_horiz
I do like being red,I hate seeing testers not being able /not willing to teach Slifers.

more_horiz
That is not the testers job to teach the newbies. The job of the tester is just to test them and place them in a dorm they belong in. The dorm leader/ professor is the one teaching them, with lessons and ect. If you'd like to teach them apply being a professor.

more_horiz
You understand people? You can't even understand my k.

Actually it's quite a nice idea. If we're sure that people we're testing don't have any potential to get to other dorms, we can spend time to teach them the basics then place them in Slifer. Great idea Skit but I think all other testers won't do this and will say to my face "how about.....YOOOOOU doing it?" and I'll be like "k." but you know I auto- obelisk. Well I don't know yet but I'll make a topic to discuss.

Thanks for applying Skit.

This post isn't k.

more_horiz
You know I use c. instead of k.
Hope that's c. with your k.
c.

more_horiz
Don't spam this topic. Also, all Applications will have to wait until Jin find some time to check on this topic.

more_horiz
They say that Tester is the worst imaginable position in an Academy. Now I'm just wondering why people are applying for it.

more_horiz
Because "we" do not care about what "they" have to say about Tester Position.

more_horiz
I would maybe want to become a tester.

I can be online almost everyday.. for one week.. every year.. 20 minutes at a time.. maybe..
(^I'm very active^)

Plus, I'm Anus.. What do you want more?

more_horiz
I don't really like reading these apps in this topic. You should send your apps to me so I can go over them and discuss it with the current Profs.

By the way it's not misleading, because we consider prof to be one of the lowest positions anyway. (You could apply for other positions to me too.)

more_horiz
Jin Kazama wrote:
I don't really like reading these apps in this topic. You should send your apps to me so I can go over them and discuss it with the current Profs.

By the way it's not misleading, because we consider prof to be one of the lowest positions anyway. (You could apply for other positions to me too.)

oh ok

descriptionNew Staff Position: Tester - Page 2 EmptyDefault Title

more_horiz
How I'd be a good Tester: I would be a good Tester because I have had a lot of experience of being a Staff Member in a vast community. This include my role as Admins and Moderators on huge Minecraft servers (I know it's got nothing to do with Yu-Gi-Oh, but my role in these communities have helped broaden my mind and progressed my maturity and involvement, as well as team-work). I would also be a good Tester as I have played Yu-Gi-Oh for many years, as well as being a good opponent, I will also possibly adapt my play style to make every new test I do unique, as to surprise the opponent like how every game of Yu-Gi-Oh plays out; with all the different types of Deck in Yu-Gi-Oh, it's always a fun challenge to possibly have to evaluate your strategy more. I primarily use decks that aren't exactly meta, but they may have been or have the possibility to become meta (Ghostricks, Lightsworn, Dark World). I would also provide support to new players even out of the game situation, and also become a role model to the new members as well. I would fit in with the other Staff Members as I am very active in all the communities I am Staff in, and I am able to come on the site and testing facilities most days. I have accounts on DN and DevPro, so I can adapt what I test on, depending on the opponent's choice. I am very honest, trustworthy and modest, so I have the characteristics needed to be a supportive and great Tester and Staff Member.  Thank you and I hope you consider me and give me the privilege of being a Tester for DA.

How I would test people coming into the academy: To test new people, I would either go against them as an opponent, or set up a game situation where using cards they have and their intuition, try to win the game a few turns or so. I would primarily go against them as an opponent because it's important to be used to pressure-filled game situations, as like in most Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments, you have no knowledge before-hand of what might happen during the game. I would set up game situations only as a test of intellect, as well as understanding of card ruling and in-depth factors of Yu-Gi-Oh (such as timing, chains, etc.) I would also evaluate their performance on these 3 factors: Game Outcome, General Mistakes Made and Sportsmanship. I would also give them a score x/5, but not show them the final outcome until either I decide which dorm the player in person would be placed into. Thank you, and I hope you consider me as a Tester as DA. I'm sure I won't let you down.

Last edited by WarByte on Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

more_horiz
jin just said a few posts up to pm him your applications warbyte and also a tip dont make it so long and compliment yourself so much

more_horiz
YAY WARBYTE I WAITED YOU SO LONG. Hope you can get in.

more_horiz
It'd better if you PM this to him so he receives an email notification about it, It makes your life easier.

more_horiz
I PM'd him a while a go (a month or so), but there has been no response. This is why I posted in here, incase he was more likely to see this thread before immediately looking through his PMs.

more_horiz
Jin is busy I think. Pm me instead :D

more_horiz
I am a good duelist in my time but I will like to tech others kids to duel I love dueling and I love kids and I wont to tech then past time of dueling.

more_horiz
you havent even taken your test yet and you expect to be a tester?

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply