Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

New Staff Position: Tester

power_settings_newLogin to reply
+14
Skitoritto
AngelicMinaj
Thepredator2100
faervel
Naito Raizu
Anzo
Kandy.JPEG
WarByte
Juelz Anthony Cruz
JudgmentDuelist
Centrik
Train Heartnet
Gremlin
Jin Kazama
18 posters

descriptionNew Staff Position: Tester EmptyNew Staff Position: Tester

more_horiz
Duel Academy is bringing the dueling back to the table. We are accepting applications for a staff position that was once in DA a long time ago - a tester.

In your application, explain why you'd be a good one and how you'd test people coming into the academy.

descriptionNew Staff Position: Tester EmptyRe: New Staff Position: Tester

more_horiz
I will explain why this is a bad idea you are using this on dn and if you ever used it you will know how horrible that shuffler is so it doesnt really help show how good your deck is if they give you 3 of the exact same card in your opening hand

that being said I will apply I got nothing better to do and people seem to love me

why I would be good: People look up to me and those that say they dont are just jealous that they arent me also i know what im doing in a duel and usually know what the other person is doing wrong

How would I test new members: by dueling them I thought that would be obvious

more_horiz
There are other dueling systems then DN to test people on IJS

more_horiz
I'd like to be a tester since I feel pretty empty when my only job is reporting news. I'm super active and I just got my computer back so now I'm superer active. Dueling skills? It's k. Everybody knows I'm k. at this thing. And yeah I'm the staff that does the job properly. Pick me D:

more_horiz
I am applying beacuse:
I know the position, was a tester and still am a tester on few bigger academies.
I can be active almost whenever, so it's not a problem.
I made few ruling tests and they are used in few academies, so you don't have to worry about that.
I am strict, which is always good.
I want this place to grow.

more_horiz
JudgmentDuelist wrote:
I am applying beacuse:
I know the position, was a tester and still am a tester on few bigger academies.
I can be active almost whenever, so it's not a problem.
I made few ruling tests and they are used in few academies, so you don't have to worry about that.
I am strict, which is always good.
I want this place to grow.

smh. lol

The kid has no life clearly, and very flip flopy.

more_horiz
On behalf of many people, thank you for giving people the opportunity to become staff here at DA. It's amazing when communities involve their members like this, as it keeps a meticulous and positive outlook on what the community can achieve.

How I'd be a good Tester: I would be a good Tester because I have had a lot of experience of being a Staff Member in a vast community. This include my role as Admins and Moderators on huge Minecraft servers (I know it's got nothing to do with Yu-Gi-Oh, but my role in these communities have helped broaden my mind and progressed my maturity and involvement, as well as team-work). I would also be a good Tester as I have played Yu-Gi-Oh for many years, as well as being a good opponent, I will also possibly adapt my play style to make every new test I do unique, as to surprise the opponent like how every game of Yu-Gi-Oh plays out; with all the different types of Deck in Yu-Gi-Oh, it's always a fun challenge to possibly have to evaluate your strategy more. I primarily use decks that aren't exactly meta, but they may have been or have the possibility to become meta (Ghostricks, Lightsworn, Dark World). I would also provide support to new players even out of the game situation, and also become a role model to the new members as well. I would fit in with the other Staff Members as I am very active in all the communities I am Staff in, and I am able to come on the site and testing facilities most days. I have accounts on DN and YGOPro, so I can adapt what I test on, depending on the opponent's choice. I am very honest, trustworthy and modest, so I have the characteristics needed to be a supportive and great Tester and Staff Member.  Thank you for ready, and I hope you consider me and give me the privilege of being a Tester for DA.

How I would test people coming into the academy: To test new people, I would either go against them as an opponent, or set up a game situation where using cards they have and their intuition, try to win the game a few turns or so. I would primarily go against them as an opponent because it's important to be used to pressure-filled game situations, as like in most Yu-Gi-Oh tournaments, you have no knowledge before-hand of what might happen during the game. I would set up game situations only as a test of intellect, as well as understanding of card ruling and in-depth factors of Yu-Gi-Oh (such as timing, chains, etc.) I would also evaluate their performance on these 3 factors: Game Outcome, General Mistakes Made and Sportsmanship. I would also give them a score x/5, but not show them the final outcome until either I or possibly as a team decide which dorm the player in person would be placed into. Thank you for ready, and I hope you consider me as a Tester as DA. I'm sure I won't let you down.

more_horiz
I think you should PM WarByte

more_horiz
I like you WarByte Smile Good writing and editing skill. Hope you can get the position.

more_horiz
Centrik wrote:
I like you WarByte :)Good writing and editing skill. Hope you can get the position.

Mr.Kandy wrote:
I think you should PM WarByte

Thanks for the positive feedback, I'm hopeful for the position as well Smile

more_horiz
In case people have forgotten, we're still looking for a couple more testers.

more_horiz
Seems like the topic was locked, it's open again now.

more_horiz
PMed Jin>

more_horiz
considering you made centrik one makes it seem like quality doesnt matter so I will be a tester to I got nothing else to do right now

more_horiz
I'm bored a lot, and I'm usually around when new people are here. I just want something to do to quell that boredom, so yeah.

I'll write an application if you want, but would you even allow me to be a tester?

more_horiz
@Grem: You probably don't want to be a tester, so you won't be one. Unless if you truly want that, then put your bad humor in your pocket for five minutes and write a serious post, otherwise don't bother.

@Naito: You know there is complications, especially because it's you. But, the final decision is Jin's, you write a small application anyways and see how it goes.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
@Naito: You know there is complications, especially because it's you. But, the final decision is Jin's, you write a small application anyways and see how it goes.

Yeah, I can understand that. XP

Well, I'll do some more thinking before I submit the application, if I submit it at all.

more_horiz
Anzobuse wrote:
@Grem: You probably don't want to be a tester, so you won't be one. Unless if you truly want that, then put your bad humor in your pocket for five minutes and write a serious post, otherwise don't bother.

first post here I made was pretty serious at least about as serious as I get here, but I'll try again I'm pretty sure I'd make a a great tester because I like dueling people and I'm pretty fair to everyone and I'm on almost every day seems like those qualities are what you would want

also I have nothing else to do here

more_horiz
^This post is much better.

more_horiz
You guys still need testers?

more_horiz
Yes.

more_horiz
Not faev :D

more_horiz
feaver has potential to be one.

more_horiz
Jin seems to be busy at the moment, we'll see what happens when he resumes his activity.

more_horiz
Thanks cent also do I need to write an application as I wait?

more_horiz
It'll only increase your chances.

more_horiz
Devpro/ygopro:faervel
DN:Fearthurin(but I don't get on as much as I get on dev)

Raeson I am applying:Well...ever since I joined this graet community(about 9months) I've found lot's of friendly people and I wanted to somehow repay that and well...here's a chance!

Why would I be a good tester:Well I have almost 10h to get on dev and about 2h(not everyday but about 5days a week) to get on DN everyday,I usually log in to chat and most importantly I'll do my best to be fair when testing new(and old)people.
How I test new people:Well...1st of all I go against them in a duel since this all about their dueling skills and you can tell how good someone's skills are just with a simple duel(~Jaden)I'll watch their every single action and check if there was a better move or not;Also during the duel I ask them 6(or 3 depending on duel) rulling questions about the duel for example: "What happens if I chain veiler to your card now?"and each mistake can be a -1(or -2).

That's all I guess...I hope you guys accept me. Smile

more_horiz
Why I would be a good Tester: Although I just joined, I have been on DN for a long time. I would always be professional when using my grammar and/or attitude, and never letting my attitude get the best of me. I can and will duel every new duelist on the site.
Sites that I duel on: Dueling Network and YGOpro.
Ways to contact me: Dueling Network, Skype, and Duel Academy.
Skype and Dueling Network name: Thepredator2100

more_horiz
Is this topic just to apply to be a tester? because if it is, your link on the homepage is very misleading...

more_horiz
We like to be misleading.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply