Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

New Staff Position OPEN for Sign Ups!

+5
Linda-Senpai
Dex
CheyMcFly
LethalAfterZ
Amy Kool
9 posters

descriptionNew Staff Position OPEN for Sign Ups! EmptyNew Staff Position OPEN for Sign Ups!

more_horiz
Duel Academy will have a new Staff Position called Reporter. It will be same as Dorm Leaders when it comes to forum power. It won't have its own group. However it will gain you the access to some staff sections that normal members cannot see.

So what does Reporter do? The idea is very simple. We post each day many topics and we thought why not have someone to start the new topics about general world wide news. They can be related to anything, even YGO. We will open a new section in General Discussion where we will post news around the world to get ourselves informed better. It was time to get some serious topics too rather than just some random stuff. The Reporter will frequently (if possible each day one topic) make new topics with the news. He or She will find the source of good international news and decide what may be interesting for DA to hear, post it in a topic, write a sentence or two about it and give the original link to the article because there is no point in writing it again when we can just click the link Wink

Now the question is, which one of you is able to do this job? One person will get it and you have to post here what qualifies you for the job. You must know that high activity and dedication to this role is asked so do not apply if you cannot post almost each day or even many times a day new stuff. We want news to be very active section and that will be the Reporter's responsibility!

Post your applications here in this topic.

descriptionNew Staff Position OPEN for Sign Ups! EmptyRe: New Staff Position OPEN for Sign Ups!

more_horiz
xD you tell us to post an application but can you give us an application sheet or something silent

descriptionNew Staff Position OPEN for Sign Ups! EmptyRe: New Staff Position OPEN for Sign Ups!

more_horiz
just write what you can do and how do you plan to report articles world wide like do you visit some news site or forums yourself etc. For example the ppl that read the news much are best for this position. they know where to look for good news etc. just post your own idea how would you do this Wink

more_horiz
Well I'm active. You already know that, so activity wouldn't be a problem for me. I read daily world wide news on sites like CNN(best one imo), yahoo, fox news, ect. How I would report articles, I would go to the sites like I usually do, find something interesting going on in the world, and post it. Like the Trayvon Martin case for example, I'd make a thread for it so people can discuss it and voice their opinions on the matter and I'd keep them updated daily on it as it progresses.

more_horiz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
Well I'm active. You already know that, so activity wouldn't be a problem for me. I read daily world wide news on sites like CNN(best one imo), yahoo, fox news, ect. How I would report articles, I would go to the sites like I usually do, find something interesting going on in the world, and post it. Like the Trayvon Martin case for example, I'd make a thread for it so people can discuss it and voice their opinions on the matter and I'd keep them updated daily on it as it progresses.

I'd do that, but better

more_horiz
Okay so why don't you go ahead and post an application. Otherwise you are just spamming. You aren't even that active anyway.

more_horiz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
Okay so why don't you go ahead and post an application. Otherwise you are just spamming. You aren't even that active anyway.

I approve Chey's application. New Staff Position OPEN for Sign Ups! 1518111193

more_horiz
L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz wrote:
Stop spamming please. And thank you Dexter Smile

more_horiz
I'd do the job better than both of them combined. Not tryna lead you wrong, just tryna keep it real.

more_horiz
LoveTaker wrote:
I'd do the job better than both of them combined. Not tryna lead you wrong, just tryna keep it real.

Journalistic integrity lost.

more_horiz
This topic is becoming more random than people actually applying

more_horiz
I was the news reporter for my highschool, I also read a lot and spend most of my time reading history and current event's such as elections and what not. I also have NOTHING better to do at anytime, I also strive in thread organization lol

more_horiz
Well, here I am. That's really all that matters. And that's what I intend to do. Tell the news that matters, the news that people care about. Tell it straight and true.

I figured that since you only need a few sentences per topic, I could manage to do that much. Scratch that. It only requires a few sentences. I'll write more than that. I'll write probably more like a paragraph, maybe two. Don't worry, it will be nice and informative! I should be able to crank out at least one or two a day, a LOT more on the weekends. If I ever fall short on the amount I post during a day, I'll make up for it by posting even more the next day (If possible, of course).

I already visit new sites daily, such as my local news websites, as well as national and worldwide new sites such as BBC. It wouldn't be all that hard to tell the stories that they post.

I also don't make typos (if I do, it's VERY rare that I don't catch it), so all of my posts would be clear and legible!

This is something that I really want to do. It's the kind of thing that I like to talk about with other people, since it sparks interesting conversations. And isn't that what this is for? To learn, and hear from others?

Also, as you can see, I am very active. I already have over 200 posts since joining on March 11th, 2012. So there's something to think about: Real, solid facts and numbers.

more_horiz
thank you all for applying, L۪۫єтнαℓαfтєяz gets the position. If we need more spots in the future we will consider you again.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum