Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Duel Academy Log in

Get your game on!

description[Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? Empty[Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler?

more_horiz
Discussion #1: How Do You Use Effect Veiler?

[Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? 84c6f839f2bbc50eb6ee82b1742fafec

Warning: This is not an article, so I have the full rights to post it.

Since ever its first release, Effect Veiler has become one of the most useful cards. More specific, it's one of the most useful Hand Trap, along with Maxx "C", D.D. Crow, etc,.....The simplicity of its effect lets you be able to play it at almost any time (not really), but that doesn't mean you should activate it any time you like to, because if you activate this beautiful girl in the wrong time, you will lose a lot of advantage. To play Effect Veiler effectively, "Timing" and knowing when this card will cause the most damage to the opponent's strategy and combo are very important.

The Card

[Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? Veiler

Effect Veiler
LIGHT/Spellcaster/Tuner
Level 1
0/0
During your opponent's Main Phase: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up Effect monster your opponent controls; negate that target's effects until the End Phase.

Effect Veiler's effect is really simple. We only need to send it from our hand to the Graveyard during our opponent's Main Phase and negate the effect(s) of one of the monster. It's even more dangerous because this card activates from hand. That means this card never hits on the field! Our opponents will clearly can't use Trap Cards often to prevent Effect Veiler, except Debunk, as it doesn't need to Normal Summon or Set on the field. It's also hard for our opponents to predict if I have it in our hand, except when they play cards to see our hand like "Dragged Down into the Grave". Therefore, if we have Effect Veiler in our hand, we can surely make our opponents surprised and get many advantages.

The Basic Play

To use Effect Veiler, we always wait when our opponents have already paid the cost and then negate the effect(s). By doing this, you will make them waste there resources to gain advantages, which makes you have a higher chance to win the game. In a duel, the most common way of using it is negating the most dangerous monster's effect, which can make you lose the game. For an example, my opponent just summoned a Gagaga Cowboy in face-up Defense Position, and that's the only monster on his/her Field, to decrease my last 800 Life Points. Right when he detached an Xyz Material, I will chain its effect right away with Effect Veiler to keep me safe for one more turn so I can have a chance to comeback. How about a harder, faster, better, stronger monster like Black Luster Soldier? With his strong effect, you won't even survive if you have a stronger monster like Star Eater, unleash you have Effect Veiler. You can chain Effect Veiler to Black Luster Soldier to prevent it from banishing Star Eater so in the next turn he will go bye bye.

The Advanced Play

It seems like "The Basic Negate" is basic enough. Now let's start focusing on using Effect Veiler in a more advanced way. Looking at the intro, you do notice that I said something about "Timing", no? Timing is very important, AGAIN. When you have Effect Veiler in your hand, remember you don't always need to negate the first monster you see so save it until you think it's the right time to activate it. Don't worry if you can't get it because you will get experience of using it when you play enough with Effect Veiler. Here's an example: My opponent plays Karakuri's (500 LPs) and I play Battlin' Boxer's (500 LPs). I have 1 Battlin' Boxer Lead Yoke on the field, 1 Effect Veiler in my hand, and my opponent has nothing on the field, Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 "Ninishi", Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 "Kuick" and De-Synchro in his/her hand and this is the time my opponent has to do a comeback. When he/she summons the first Karakuri Shogun dml 00 "Burei" (Ninishi + Kuick) = 1 card in hand. I don't use my Effect Veiler yet, though I can do it and my opponent will have to struggle with my Lead Yoke, but I want to waste all of his resources because I think he/she may have De-Synchro, Emergency Teleport, Instant Fusion, etc,...When he/she summons the second Burei by using De-Synchro = 0 card in hand, he/she has two options: 1. Get out Karakuri Strategist mdl 248 "Nishipachi" to change my Lead Yoke to Defense Position; 2. Get out Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 "Kuick" or Karakuri Muso mdl 818 "Haipa", which are two monsters that have the strong Atks in the deck and use Number 11: Big Eye to steal my Lead Yoke and attack me. Since the first option is pretty stupid to do because Lead Yoke can totally survive this turn's Battle Phase and become a 3800 ATK beater later, in the next turn so he/she chose the second option. He/she gets Kuick out because in his/her next turn I could set a monster whose DEF is lower than 1700. After he pays the cost of Big Eye, since I know that my opponent has already used all of the resources, I chain with Effect Veiler in order to survive the turn. Now it's my turn and simple enough, I attack with Lead Yoke, dealing 500 damage to my opponent. Now, there's two options for him: 1. Admit defeat; 2. Rage quit.

Knowing which point in a combo, and which card, we can totally shut down our opponents. There's one hard thing to use this effectively, that's getting experience as much as you can. The more you see a combo in action, the more you'll learn about which cards are key to that strategy. Using Effect Veiler sure takes time and brain, but using Effect Veiler in this way can be a very powerful tool to own the game and be the boss. Now, how do you use Effect Veiler?

description[Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? EmptyRe: [Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler?

more_horiz
the grammar  Neutral  work on that lol and i hardly use this card anymore for some reason. D.D. crow is more useful in this format IMO

description[Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? EmptyRe: [Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler?

more_horiz
Simple. Used when you would like to piss of your opponent like a boss.

more_horiz
RekonZero wrote:
the grammar  Neutral  work on that lol and i hardly use this card anymore for some reason. D.D. crow is more useful in this format IMO

I like my grammar stfu lol. But you run D.D. Crow in your Main Deck? Oh Shit

TDS wrote:
Simple. Used when you would like to piss of your opponent like a boss.

Good idea. I should try sometime instead of thinking hard about when to use it.

more_horiz
I use it for my desktop background.
In duels i never used it that much , as I'm more of "real trap" guy. All i used veiler for so far is as lvl 1 tuner....

more_horiz
Sayonis wrote:
In duels i never used it that much , as I'm more of "real trap" guy. All i used veiler for so far is as lvl 1 tuner....

ur joking right?

anyway yamato , great writting , liked it . It was straight to the point , not overusing words.

and ehh , i consider it as an article.... [Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? 3205713197 

ps. "because if you activate this beautiful girl"....."beautiful girl"....."girl"...

actually a boy that looks like a girl , but is a trap( double trap)

more_horiz
ddeevviiss wrote:
Sayonis wrote:

ur joking right?

anyway yamato , great writting , liked it . It was straight to the point , not overusing words.

and ehh , i consider it as an article.... [Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? 3205713197 

ps. "because if you activate this beautiful girl"....."beautiful girl"....."girl"...

actually a boy that looks like a girl , but is  a trap( double trap)

Well 2 or 6 times [Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? 1554389127.

more_horiz
Against hand advantage cards. And CardCar D on summon. o3o Sometimes to synchro.
Or against D-Rulers like a noob.

more_horiz
Sayonis wrote:
ddeevviiss wrote:
Sayonis wrote:

ur joking right?

actually a boy that looks like a girl , but is  a trap( double trap)
Well 2 or 6 times [Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? 1554389127.

Call me Centrik because that's my original name and I like it lol. Also thanks for the compliments even though I know my writing is bad and it's not pro enough to be an article. Well, at first, I considered to make it into one, but I became lazy so I'd just show some examples and made a discussion since there's no discussing thread around :D

It's a girl ._. I'm sure it's a girl because Skit set it as a desktop background lol. So no trapception :D

Raishion, I totally forgot about using it as a Synchro Material e.e Well it's time to pretend that I only talked about Veiler's effect [Discussion] How Do You Use Effect Veiler? 1554389127

more_horiz
You do know i'm a Bi Cent,right ?

more_horiz
Never.

The discussion is still up, guys :D FOREVER.

more_horiz
privacy_tip Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
power_settings_newLogin to reply